satisfaction guaranteed - your favorite moments in games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Name a game that gives you joyful satisfaction and what specifically occurs that provides that satisfaction. If you can, try to recall and give an example of a single player and multiplayer game and circumstance.

Singleplayer - For me, it has to be zelda games (wind waker, minish cap, and a link between worlds specifically) and figuring out a piece of or a whole puzzle.

Multiplayer - defeating the lich king with a majority of real life friends, sniping people on the bridge in karkand on battlefield 2, and throwing hatchets at people in black ops 2.

What about you?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Taking down one of the colossi in Shadow of the Colossus, beating a boss in Dark Souls, the train sequence in Uncharted 2, and delivering a massive combo in Batman Arkham City

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The most satisfying feeling i've had is when i beat the boss in Dragonball Z Budokai 3 on lvl 99. Omega Shenron is by far the hardest boss i've beaten. I think i spent 10 hours or more just trying to beat that douchebag

Multiplayer is probably Destiny and SWTOR. Both in regards to raids and pvp. So satisfying to be on top of the board after the pvp match or defeating a heard boss

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@The_Last_Ride

I had a simular Scenario in Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. Playing the Final mission on Legendary Mode Exposes the flaws in the game... On single Health bar I had to do 1 vs 6 (3 normal fighters at a time) match then three 1 vs 2 (Tailed Beasts) Handicap Fights without access to my tools or Ultimate Jutstu. this isn't like Dynasty Warriors where you have clowd clearing moves, theres forced target locking because its a one on one fighting engine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

and it wasn't satisfying... Twas more like "Thank God thats over". Can't believe I paid $40 for it. :(

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Reloading in Resident Evil four. I always buy the guns that take the longest to reload!

Beating the mansion in Resident Evil.

Metal Gear Solid 3 ending

CQC (close quarters combat) multiple combos in Peace Walker. I mean taking down like 5 or 6 guys.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Single player - As someone else mentioned, Shadow Of The Colossus, for me everytime i get on top of a Colossus and stab them to death, that feeling is very satisfying and strangly at the same time i feel kinda bad for doing it afterwards lol.

Multiplayer - Now recently it has to be in Destiny, it was this match in the Iron Banner tournament where i really felt the time pressure was on and i had to get that first place in a bounty, the adrenalin was pumping like hell and i had over 20 kills in a row, i pretty much felt unstoppable.

Previously one of my most exiting online moments has to be in Tekken 6 in my rank up match where i took the 1st place with Alisa on the top 10 Alisa ranking list in the world (psn)

Before that, way back in time i was the leader of the best Socom 2 Clan in Norway and that feeling you get when you and your clan mates wins a clan match because of strategies you have planned out hours and even days before the match starts, that feeling was an extremly satisfying feeling i remember.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

1. Super Mario World: After playing the original Super Mario Bros. trilogy, I finally played Super Mario World years later and it was an visually and musically rich experience.

2. Final Fantasy VII: From the main menu screen, I was fascinated by this game. The in-map character models were awkward and are unlike the rest of the game's graphics and art, but everything else about this game is beautiful and rich (I will say that the characters' eyes are the defining trait out of their blocky builds).

3. Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi: My favorite Dragon Ball Z game thus far, it was the best one player Dragon Ball Z experience of its time. The graphics visualized a different perspective on the Dragon Ball universe. Combat was fast, but controlled, and each character had his or her signature attacks. I hope the highly recommended Wii version of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is remastered in HD and given an online mode, so I can experience it at its best.

4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Serious crimes, culturally-savvy humor, and a keen sense of things along with colorful characters combines together for a great game.

5. Chrono Trigger: A truly epic game, Chrono Trigger extends beyond the bounds of time. The instantaneous map movement to battle mode kept me active and engaged. Customization and powers were fun to explore and master. Lavos is one of the most incredible bosses in gaming history because of his methods. He influences a planet's evolution in order to consume it successfully. That said, Chrono and his team are one of the most awesome groups in gaming history.

6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

7. Fire Emblem

8. Mega Man Zero

9. Mega Man X 4

10. Mega Man Legends

11. Mega Man Battle Network

12. Metroid Fusion: One of the most entertaining games I have ever played.

13. Super Smash Bros.: An intense, extremely fun experience.

14. Pokemon Yellow: It is Pokemon.

That is all for now.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

So many to choose from.

SIngleplayer: probably the first time I experienced the predator section in the Arkham Asylum demo. How well it all came together to make me feel like Batman. I knew after playing it that I was in for something real special, and I wasn't disappointed. Waiting for AA to be released was pure torment. I must've spent dozens of hours on that demo alone.

Honorable mention: Super Metroid's ending.

Multiplayer: flying across the dunes with a stranger for the first time in Journey. Fucking magical.

Honorable mention: playing Day Z for the first time with my nephew.