Roadtrip console ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

So I'm going on a road trip over several days and am wondering if it is possible to pack my console PS3 and a monitor and some power source to use it during the road trip

Is there some external power source I can use? Even if only to play for an hour or two at a time.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@iampenguin: Can it be done? Absolutely. Should you do this? Well, perhaps.

You can get a power inverter device at any electronics retailer or online shop. I couldn't tell you the price since it's been about 10 years since I bought mine. It will plug into the cigarette lighter and then you can use it as a power outlet.

This is not something you are going to want to rely too heavily on however. A monitor and a console running will be a big drain on the battery and you could find yourself with a vehicle that will not start. Never do this while the car is not running. And only in small sessions. Honestly, you'd be better off getting a Vita.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@iampenguin: Can it be done? Absolutely. Should you do this? Well, perhaps.

You can get a power inverter device at any electronics retailer or online shop. I couldn't tell you the price since it's been about 10 years since I bought mine. It will plug into the cigarette lighter and then you can use it as a power outlet.

This is not something you are going to want to rely too heavily on however. A monitor and a console running will be a big drain on the battery and you could find yourself with a vehicle that will not start. Never do this while the car is not running. And only in small sessions. Honestly, you'd be better off getting a Vita.

Yep. A handheld is a better choice if you want to game on the go.....

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

Cool thanks