Resident Evil 7-The death of a Franchise

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@EvanTheGamer said:

It's the best RE game since 3.

I would say since Code Veronica.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#52 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts

@Coco_pierrot: Ugh no. It was terrible. I sat through almost the entire game, including the really insulting ending with you know who. It was like they just slapped a nonsensical RE token character at the end. It made no sense and it was horrible. Also I don't want them to pay homage to RE, I want them to make an RE game. We were told they would go back to classic RE and what we got was Outlast 3.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 arcangelgold

@killered3: You can't be serious? TR was a bit too much "forest raider for me" but still much more TR than RE7 is RE. There is nothing similar in RE7 to other titles.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 arcangelgold

@pimphand_gamer: I expect a franchise title to be part of the franchise. I think that's duh obvious. Especially when fans were promised a classic call back experience. Capcom conned it's fans with pre-orders which I tried to tell people to avoid because I knew it meant the game would suck. The game does suck. It is not nostalgic. It is not a call back. It's not classic and it's just plain silly to say the title shouldn't mean anything to the franchise.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 arcangelgold

@CTR360: ALL of the RE had guns.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 arcangelgold

@RSM-HQ: Blah blah blah. I watched the entire game minus like 10 minutes of it. It is the same as playing it to watch a player play the entire game. Fans have the right to like and hate game franchises since WE pay for them and OUR money has made Capcom rich. If Capcom doesn't like it's fans we can buy other games. Which is what I will do from now on. I won't play another RE title after this.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 arcangelgold

@Macutchi: The game was not Resident Evil and it was not good either. It was ok if I pretended it was Outlast 3. The first person view was horrible.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 arcangelgold

@bigmanjevnikar: I think you miss the point. What we want is the same character doing the same thing in a different story. So we didn't want new and different, we wanted and were promised classic RE game play. What we got was nothing even close. It has zero connection to RE except the crap, out of place, nonsense ending. I admit it is kinda like survival horror but the entire game was a forced interactive movie. The players almost no control of the character. If this game was Outlast 3 I would have gave it a 7. As an RE title it's a -10.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 arcangelgold

@RSM-HQ: Hmm. Ok I'll think about it.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 arcangelgold

@RSM-HQ: You can't spoil it for fans. The fans already knew before the game was released and no one was happy about it.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 arcangelgold

@RSM-HQ: There is zero connection to RE titles in this game.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 arcangelgold

@Macutchi: I wasn't aware there was a spoiler tag but I doubt it spoiled anyone. Everyone knew before the game came out anyways.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 arcangelgold

@lucidique: Yep it's dead. RE sucks now and Capcom won't get anymore of my money.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 arcangelgold

@boycie: I don't agree. You don't sell games off a franchise with a formula to it and con fans with pre-orders then proclaim "it's totally fine it was nothing like what we promised, and nothing like the previous titles." Yes Capcom can do whatever it wants with it's game but fans hated it. People who liked it are not RE fans.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 arcangelgold

@killered3: No. It is nothing like RE 1.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 arcangelgold

@Articuno76: UGH

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#67 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@arcangelgold: It is like RE1,2 and 3 in the tense atmosphere, the survival aspect of not having that much to heal or shoot ennemies. You are in a shitty situation from the beggining. The little girl is also a virus that turned her into a biological weapon.

The way you go from the house to the bayou then in the underground facility and then into the boat/laboratory and into the mine felt pretty much like RE1 House, guess house, backyard, the underground tunel and into the laboratory and you go back and forth just like in the first RE.

So yes, it is a complete new adventure with everything that made the first 3 games so memorable they just changed the point of view.

I still felt it should've been that game instead of RE4/5/6 which to me were an insult since it is full action, no survival aspect.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#68 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@arcangelgold:

So using the recorders to save progress, the style of puzzles, being stuck in a mansion, locked doors with funny shaped keys, moving around back and forth because you ran out of item space, having to reserve ammo, killing monsters, dealing with a viral outbreak makes this NOTHING like a Resident Evil game? Really?

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

To the people that claim this nothing like resident evil...what resident evil games have you all played???

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#70 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I remember being in my late 20's and hearing everyone talking about how sound was going to kill cinema. Ah, those were the good days.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

RE4 stands as my favourite in the series. Very well paced, large variety of enemies, many secrets, intense action, immersive, lengthy, many scary moments and so much outrageous personality injected into everything. Played it through 6-7 times now.

I'm close to the end of RE7 and while I would say it is a good game, great I'd imagine if you're new to horror and scare easy...it's just too predictable for my liking, I've seen it all. The creepy ring girl skulking about, the crazy hill billy's with chainsaws, the gooey swamp monsters, the haunted house. It's new paint over an old canvas. I really want to go in full synopsis mode but it's just a damn message board so I'll bullet point my gripes:

• Not enough enemy variety. I hit the 3rd hillbilly segment. Barn area. Realize shit's gonna go down. Think I might be fighting a mutated bull or something creative. Nope. Another swamp monster, who pukes.... In RE4 you were always pitted against new creative enemies with different mechanics every half hour!
  • Tired old Cliches. Old lady looking for me in room behind one second. I attempt to open the crow room. Boom. Scripted event. She teleports out of a corner to throw me down a pit. Also, you can guess when enemies will appear before they appear. The ring girl who can kill anyone any time by the games logic on the boat but she chooses to not kill you to...well...drag on the game I guess.
  • Amy & Ethan as a couple don't sell. Amy's not glad to see Ethan, Ethan seems detached. Ethan later 'kills' his wife and says 'This bitch ain't worth it.' What.
  • Not very well paced. That ship level. Jesus. More swamp monsters.
  • Combat's very unsatisfying. Enemies don't react much to bullets and you work out early on that most of the bosses are gonna be unkillable until you get to certain sections of the game or trigger script events, so you always feel like using your weapons is a waste of time. Swamp monsters aren't fun to kill. No blood, no reaction.
  • Poor AI? Are the swamp monsters supposed to not be able to open doors? It's another reason why I didn't find the game scary, with the few enemies there were, I knew their mechanics too well. In RE4, enemies could open doors and you were often ambushed or trapped. Why are safe rooms so safe? Why not give the player a shock and have the odd enemy infiltrate the safe room?
  • Mainstream UI. No personality in the UI, something I dislike about modern gaming. Too clean, sterile. It's a stupid little thing but why not make it more related to the game like RE4.
  • Too serious contrasting with RE throwbacks. Is it just me or does this game take itself so seriously in every aspect, that the arcane puzzles and the two heavy weapons seem outta place?

Other than that, I am enjoying the game. It took me by surprise when you get your arm sliced off, that's unconventional. I like the voice acting, some of the scripted events are cool, the mansion's fun to explore, the clown puzzle is one of the best puzzles I've ever seen in a game, and at least this is a horror game with some damn game-play in it. I just value the fun factor in more than I do a game having to be survival horror 101, if it's back to the roots then old gamers like me are surely gonna have that been there done that vibe going on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

So it's not like Resident Evil because its set in one location, has no co-op and other online modes? Is Umbrella Corps the only Resident Evil game you've played?

RE7 is a return to the franchises roots. The original game takes place in one location (a mansion) and has no online or co-op.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#73  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@arcangelgold said:

@RSM-HQ: There is zero connection to RE titles in this game.

Wrong! But you're a lazy browser who watches things instead of playing the games. Watching a game is never the same as playing, that's the difference between a game and a movie, it's about input demand, navigating the camera for easter eggs, personal tension, and control. Something you've clearly forgotten_

You can't spoil it for fans. The fans already knew before the game was released and no one was happy about it.

You're speaking for no one here but yourself and most are disagreeing with you. That's your problem looking up spoilers to games you haven't played, no one forced you to have the game ruined. Maybe if you bought and played games you'd know why they can be enjoyable. But you're a misanthropy sort.

Yep it's dead. RE sucks now and Capcom won't get anymore of my money.

Doesn't read like you've bought a Resident Evil in a long time so who gives a **** what you buy? Most everyone else who liked 7 will get the Resi2 Remake coming next. But cling to your good ol days. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

There is multiple locations in the game

There are multiple connections to past games

Bakers are great. Jack is one the better antagonists in the entire series

Basically everything OP said is wrong except for the puzzles, i will agree that they are too easy and they maybe could use some more enemy variety. RE series is alive and doing well.. sorry to hear about your saltyness OP.. RE2 Remake is up next. Thank you Capcom!

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

I wish they would hurry and release some info or a teaser for RE2 Remake

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#76 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@Black96Z said:

I wish they would hurry and release some info or a teaser for RE2 Remake

Was this not announced for this month?

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

RE7 to me is back to the roots of what made RE great and innovative when it first came out. It was a survival horror game. Not a 3rd person shooter that 4 and every game since then made it into.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

@arcangelgold said:

@CTR360: ALL of the RE had guns.

I agree my friend but RE4 RE5 RE6 Revelation Revelation 2 so much shooter and fighting gameplay and zero atmosphere and puzzles. After Code veronica RE7 its the best RE game for me its not perfect but better of older garbage RE TITLES

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

It's more traditional resident evil than 4-6 are.

I prefer 4-6 over the others but this is literally a traditional resident evil that is just in first person and in vr, that is the only difference. The enemy design is the only issue for regular mob.

I'd probably like the other resident evils if they didn't have finite saves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

RE 7 is at least survival Horror,Unlike RE 4,5,6.(which were solid action games but bad RE games)

Resident Evil 7 is a great game.you people are just hating it for having 1st person camera/not having action parts/not having coop.

but i'm not saying it's a perfect game because RE franchise as whole has a flaw and that is it's Easy difficulty.(none of the RE games are that Challenging)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RSM-HQ

@dorog1995: I still found many parts of 4 to have many Survival Horror moments. Who could forget shooting in the lake and getting instant killed by a giant fish, during the thundering rain seeing the next form of Plagas, along with the huskies, how hopeless your first encounter with a Regenerador was. And then the random Flame-man when the game was getting more Action focused.

you people are just hating it for having 1st person camera/not having action parts/not having coop

I'll agree on the First person part, even now it's just not working for me, and at least I explained why I feel it's a negative in the series in this very thread.

But how many really indicated they wanted more "action parts" here? Coop is subjective as Mercenaries is a great way to get replay value in the series, however I'll speak for myself and state I don't like it in the main campaigns.

Only time it ever worked was in the Outbreak series because it was built around the concept.

but i'm not saying it's a perfect game because RE franchise as whole has a flaw and that is it's Easy difficulty.(none of the RE games are that Challenging)

The Evil Within has you covered_

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I have Evil Within. It's one of my favorite game of this generation.(along with Alien Isolation) I just don't get why people hate that game in the forums.

TeKPhaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TeKPhaN
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

RE7 the LIFE the(become) stagnate series needed.

RE7 the must buy VR game.

Good Job Capcom.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By RSM-HQ

@dorog1995 said:

@RSM-HQ: I have Evil Within. It's one of my favorite game of this generation.(along with Alien Isolation) I just don't get why people hate that game in the forums.

I also love The Evil Within, so much so I got it on my PS4 and P.C. And highly await the sequel. Has some of my favorite boss battles ever!

TEW is mostly hated for two factors, from what I've seen and discussed-

• It had some rough edges during its launch (pop-in textures and non removable cinematic bars)
  • And secondly, a lot I read didn't enjoy how hard it is compared to the Resident Evil legacy. I'm surprised many forgot about Forest mode on Remake, but many that complain probably don't even know of that modes existence. I've read such excuses for TEW as "it isn't fair", "poorly balanced", "hard isn't scary, it's annoying".

The technical issues I full heartily agree with, and loved it far more when the bars became optional. But honestly the difficulty excuses are pretty sad when the game gives you many ways to get through the game, so long as you think and use your resources with some common-sense. Which is something the older Resi games did very well. And I feel TEW took this a step further, really putting the Survival back in Survival-Horror.

With that stated TEW is far from perfect, but compared to its competition. I'd rather play this again over Resi7 or Revelations 2.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 arcangelgold

@tekphan: it gave birth to a non resident evil baby lol.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 arcangelgold

@dorog1995: I don't know.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 arcangelgold

@dorog1995: of course I hate the chappy first person and no coop mode. Aside from that it's not resident evil at all.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 arcangelgold

@putaspongeon: No its not at all traditional resident evil!

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 arcangelgold

@CTR360: it's not resident evil at all.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 arcangelgold

@Baconstrip78: actually it was always a third person game except the arcade like spin offs. It always had guns.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 arcangelgold

@Flubbbs: Resident Evil is dead in the water. Re7 is aweful. Token "Redfield" thrown in at the end was a slap in the face to real fans.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 arcangelgold

@RSM-HQ I'm glad I didn't play it I'd have been more bored. I'm not lazy I sat through an entire outlast 3 game titled re7. Took a long time to endure the garbage that is this game.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By arcangelgold

@toast_burner: it is nothing like any other RE title. Even orc was a gem compared to this outlast clone.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By arcangelgold

@cyborg100000: agreed plus it is not resident evil.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 arcangelgold

@hillelslovak: yeah right bud

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 arcangelgold

@Black96Z: all of them

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By arcangelgold

@killered3: correct.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 arcangelgold

@deactivated-58bd60b980002: none were true survival horrors anyways. It was outlast 3.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 arcangelgold

@-paranorman-: why?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points