This topic is locked from further discussion.

JerseyJ2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JerseyJ2007
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
I've only done this one other time (GTA: San Andreas), but I can't remember what day I bought it. Today, I reserved GTA IV. My question is, will I get it a few days before the official release date?
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
I really only do it when they give promo stuff with the game. For example, I pre-ordered Wind Waker because it came with the full versions of Majoras Mask and Ocarina of time. And then I did RE4 because I got a free T-shirt with it. Otherwise, since 2004 I do not think I have pre-ordered one game...the last I did was Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
JerseyJ2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JerseyJ2007
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

I really only do it when they give promo stuff with the game. For example, I pre-ordered Wind Waker because it came with the full versions of Majoras Mask and Ocarina of time. And then I did RE4 because I got a free T-shirt with it. Otherwise, since 2004 I do not think I have pre-ordered one game...the last I did was Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.ice_radon

So, did you get any of those games earlier than people who didn't reserve the games?

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts

[QUOTE="ice_radon"]I really only do it when they give promo stuff with the game. For example, I pre-ordered Wind Waker because it came with the full versions of Majoras Mask and Ocarina of time. And then I did RE4 because I got a free T-shirt with it. Otherwise, since 2004 I do not think I have pre-ordered one game...the last I did was Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.JerseyJ2007

So, did you get any of those games earlier than people who didn't reserve the games?

Not really. I usually got them on the same day as the rest of the world.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

No you don't get the game earlier than the release date, the reserve is to ensure that you have a copy just in case the game was to sell out during the first 24 hours or so. Although sometimes when you reserve a game you can get a special reserve bonus: such as art books, special dvd's that no one else can get unless they reserve their copy. Exclusive game content, (Example) if you reserved "Lost Odyssey" you got a special card that you could enter a code in and get a special weapon of some sort, I think.

But to simply answer your question, no you will not get the game early.