Firosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Firosen
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

I was just thinking about when I was a kid and going to rent a PS1 before I committed 6 months of allowance to buying one. You can't really do that anymore. I heard that Blockbuster will still rent out 360s and PS3s, but there isn't one within 100 miles of me, and with how much the current-gen consoles rely on connectivity and DLC, it doesn't seem likely that we'll be renting Xbox Ones or PS4s anytime soon. Looks like we'll have to settle for those cheesy in-store displays, or best case, hope that a friend has one of the consoles and will let you spend some time with it. What are your thoughts?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Have you tried a furniture rental shop? You would still need to find a game rental near you.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

I know where I live you could rent 360's and PS3's at Rent-A-Center. I assumed you could do the same with the new consoles, but it's a waste of money. I was going to rent to own a PS3 but it was like 200 a month for 5 or 6 months. Waste of money.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

I thought Blockbuster filled for bankruptcy forever ago?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Years ago in fact. Funny story, my city had two blockbusters, both shut down years ago. Went over to the other side of the city recently and the sign and banner were still there, like the store was still there. lol

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@speedfreak48t5p said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Years ago in fact. Funny story, my city had two blockbusters, both shut down years ago. Went over to the other side of the city recently and the sign and banner were still there, like the store was still there. lol

You should steal the banner and give it to me. I have tons of nostalgia whenever I pass my local Blockbuster. Renting games and movies from that place on Friday after school was a highlight of my childhood.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

You should steal the banner and give it to me. I have tons of nostalgia whenever I pass my local Blockbuster. Renting games and movies from that place on Friday after school was a highlight of my childhood.

Will do.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

I never used to rent consoles, but did used to rent loads of games from Blockbuster back in the days. When it came to the shorter games, I'd just rent it out and complete it over the weekend. Good times.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Not forever the american part filed in sept 2010 but that didn't include the european branch which filed for chapter 11 in 2013.

But doesnt Redbox still rent out games?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@EPICCOMMANDER said:

Not forever the american part filed in sept 2010 but that didn't include the european branch which filed for chapter 11 in 2013.

But doesnt Redbox still rent out games?

It does.

I am lucky to have a family video near by. Just do not in their Friday night it get a bit pack then.