PS2: RPG suggestion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArchAngel2284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#251 ArchAngel2284
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
cool justicereaper

lmao, u didnt reply to the previous post. anyway i never got into the tales games so i wouldn't know.
MigElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 MigElite
Member since 2004 • 1304 Posts
could anyone respond to my question?
blackstar02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 blackstar02
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
kingdom hearts,FF10,FF12,kingdom hearts 2
SilencerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 SilencerX
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

DEFINITELY I MEAN DEFENITELY GET KINGDOM HEARTS 2!!!!!!!!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D- SILENCERX

TranceKuja925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 TranceKuja925
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts
to answer your question Mig yeah tales of the abyss is good. compared to symphonia i couldnt you tell because i dont have a GC.
MigElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 MigElite
Member since 2004 • 1304 Posts

to answer your question Mig yeah tales of the abyss is good. compared to symphonia i couldnt you tell because i dont have a GC.TranceKuja925

thanks! now i'm gonna get it!

Avatar image for Chocobo_Warrior
Chocobo_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Chocobo_Warrior
FINAL FANTASY 12 SHOULD BE AT THE VERY VERY TOP OF YOUR LIST IT IS BY FAR THE BEST FF OUT BUY IT PLAY IT NOW

llcoolray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#258 llcoolray
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts
Yeah ,thats what I'm saying. Out of all the FF I've played, FFXII is at the top with FFX and FF8(This is the original one I played), no other RPG can beat the FFXII(does'nt matter if you buy regular or special, although I'm a collector of FF and bought the Collectors edition of FFXII and the Collectors book at a heafty price of $90-100)
hfriscia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#259 hfriscia
Member since 2004 • 1138 Posts
I like this thread
InfiniteKaS22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 InfiniteKaS22
lol
InfiniteKaS22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 InfiniteKaS22
this is a good thread lol
Viennoiserie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Viennoiserie
Member since 2007 • 2205 Posts
FINAL FANTASY 12 SHOULD BE AT THE VERY VERY TOP OF YOUR LIST IT IS BY FAR THE BEST FF OUT BUY IT PLAY IT NOW

Chocobo_Warrior
Thanks, but we already know that. :P
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#263 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
I want to play the shadow hearts games, and I was wondering which one should I play first?
Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#265 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
[QUOTE="Sim_genius"] I want to play the shadow hearts games, and I was wondering which one should I play first?Sprigain
start from shadow hearts covenant

Avatar image for IsNotInterestes
IsNotInterestes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 IsNotInterestes
Member since 2007 • 1836 Posts
I want to play the shadow hearts games, and I was wondering which one should I play first?Sim_genius
You should start from the PS1 game Koudelka, which is what every other Shadow Hearts game is based off of. But just start with Covenant, then avoid From The New World like the plague.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
[QUOTE="Sim_genius"] I want to play the shadow hearts games, and I was wondering which one should I play first?IsNotInterestes
You should start from the PS1 game Koudelka, which is what every other Shadow Hearts game is based off of. But just start with Covenant, then avoid From The New World like the plague.

Oh come on,From The New World wasn't such a bad game. Sure it phails in comparison to Covenant but as it's own game it's pretty decent and it has better combo system IMO.
HighLevelPlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 HighLevelPlaya
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Valkyrie Profile. 1 or 2.
Greatest traditional RPG to date.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 LongshotX2
Valkyrie Profile. 1 or 2.
HighLevelPlaya
If Valkyrie Profile is traditional than my uncle is King Kong.
HighLevelPlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 HighLevelPlaya
[QUOTE="HighLevelPlaya"]Valkyrie Profile. 1 or 2.
LongshotX2

Just cause i'm curious: If it's not a traditional rpg. what kind of rpg is it?
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 LongshotX2
[QUOTE="LongshotX2"][QUOTE="HighLevelPlaya"]Valkyrie Profile. 1 or 2.
HighLevelPlaya

Just cause i'm curious: If it's not a traditional rpg. what kind of rpg is it?

Take a look at Dragon Quest/Warrior. Traditional RPG is a type of game where it stick to the same cliche story(save the world from evil something),battle system is the same as the one in Final Fantasy I and DQ I and does nothing to innovate. Valkyrie Profile had a different story and a different gameplay thus it's not traditional.
Somebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Somebean
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
I loved the Kingdom Hearts Series and i was thinking i wanted a new PS2 rpg, any good suggestions, i was kinda looking towards Rogue Galaxy(may get it later) Dragon quest, or possibly Star Ocean, any suggestions?
llcoolray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 llcoolray

I loved the Kingdom Hearts Series and i was thinking i wanted a new PS2 rpg, any good suggestions, i was kinda looking towards Rogue Galaxy(may get it later) Dragon quest, or possibly Star Ocean, any suggestions?Somebean

I am currently posting in another Forums " ps2 game with longest plot" and I to am asking what rpg game should i hit next, and many people suggest Disega(or something like that) which sounds extremely good rpg (LVLs up to 9999!!!!!!!!) many other suggest Star Ocean as well, and Okami. As of now Diseaga sounds very good right now. And of course if you have'nt played FFX or FFXII get them ASAP.

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Sim_genius
[QUOTE="IsNotInterestes"][QUOTE="Sim_genius"] I want to play the shadow hearts games, and I was wondering which one should I play first?LongshotX2

Oh come on,From The New World wasn't such a bad game. Sure it phails in comparison to Covenant but as it's own game it's pretty decent and it has better combo system IMO.

What was so bad about it? :?
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Sim_genius
I loved the Kingdom Hearts Series and i was thinking i wanted a new PS2 rpg, any good suggestions, i was kinda looking towards Rogue Galaxy(may get it later) Dragon quest, or possibly Star Ocean, any suggestions?Somebean
Star Ocean is awesome! So get it. You'll love it. Not sure about RG because I havent played it.
pingu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 pingu33
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

I'm OLD school.  My first RPG ever was FF1 for the 8 bit nintendo.  My top 10 all time list (for all systems)

1) Lufia ( very underrated) 2) FF2 3) FF7 4) FFX 5) Legend Of Dragoon ( A GREAT game) 6) FF12/ Crono Trigger (tie)  7) Star Ocean for PS1 8) Dragon Warrior 7  9) FF3 10) FF1

Other really good ones include Dragon Quest 8, Star Ocean till the end of time, Breath of fire 1 and 2 (man did these games get worse and worse) FF8 and 9, Lufia 2.

As far as Dragon Quest vs. Star ocean..it depends on what your preference is.  You won;t go wrong with either one.  I liked Dragon Quest myself because it was really midieval and old school...sometimes less is more.  Its a little bit cartoonish, but it has a good story and decent side quests.  Star Ocean is a lot more futuristic...you'll probably need the strategy guide because its very complicated, especially all the item creation stuff.  Both are pretty much GUARANTEED enjoyment so you can;t go wrong.  I know its not PS2, but if you can get a hold of legend of Dragoon...thats a real dark horse that should please you.

PS: AWESOME thread, I was actually looking for somethign like this to get to know the RPG games for PS2 a little better.

pingu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 pingu33
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
I just noticed.  Is Lord of the Rings the Third Age not on your original thread?  It's an OK RPG (like 6.5 out of 10.)   But it should be included.  That game could have been SOOOO much better.  An RPG for lord of the rings had a lot of potential, but this one was really "meh."
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 LongshotX2
[QUOTE="LongshotX2"][QUOTE="IsNotInterestes"][QUOTE="Sim_genius"] I want to play the shadow hearts games, and I was wondering which one should I play first?Sim_genius

What was so bad about it? :?

Boring story,no badass Yuri,repetetive and boring level designs....there are many flaws which keep this game from being up to par with Covenant,but as i said,the game on it's own is actually a pretty good RPG.
chuliadrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 chuliadrian
Disgaea 1 and 2 hands down, insanes amount of gameplay hours, Best tactical rpg around

llcoolray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 llcoolray

Disgaea 1 and 2 hands down, insanes amount of gameplay hours, Best tactical rpg around

chuliadrian

Which is better to play?, cuz I only want to play the best one (although if you need to play both to get story right, etc. Then I'll get both)

GrimGuy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#281 GrimGuy69
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Umm is a...FF7 there cause umm.... IT WAS ONLY THE BEST GAME.

For its time anyways, its a dam classic and makes some of the other FF characters look inferior and dont let me start on the storyline Superb!!! Fav Game for me. In my opinion tis a must add. Yea/Nah?

m0ney78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 m0ney78
Member since 2003 • 404 Posts

[QUOTE="chuliadrian"]Disgaea 1 and 2 hands down, insanes amount of gameplay hours, Best tactical rpg around

llcoolray

Which is better to play?, cuz I only want to play the best one (although if you need to play both to get story right, etc. Then I'll get both)

I would have liked that answer as well. I got Disgaea 1, anything different with 2 that makes it worth getting? I know getting both is putting me at 200 hrs not to mention I just picked up Valkyrie Profile 2, and FFXII (yeah I know, I was too busy with Oblivion and the 360)
llcoolray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 llcoolray
[QUOTE="llcoolray"]

[QUOTE="chuliadrian"]Disgaea 1 and 2 hands down, insanes amount of gameplay hours, Best tactical rpg around

m0ney78

I would have liked that answer as well. I got Disgaea 1, anything different with 2 that makes it worth getting? I know getting both is putting me at 200 hrs not to mention I just picked up Valkyrie Profile 2, and FFXII (yeah I know, I was too busy with Oblivion and the 360)

I talkedd to one of the guys that I know at Gamecrazy, and he said that its better to play the first one and then second cuz it follows the same storyline, so that you are'nt confused on what happpend/happens, other than that I guess you can play either one you want.

llcoolray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 llcoolray

Umm is a...FF7 there cause umm.... IT WAS ONLY THE BEST GAME.

For its time anyways, its a dam classic and makes some of the other FF characters look inferior and dont let me start on the storyline Superb!!! Fav Game for me. In my opinion tis a must add. Yea/Nah?

GrimGuy69

Yeah, I agree somewhat, its a great top of the line FF of all time, but they say that the first FF (or even rpg game) will always be your favorite and I've gotta say FFVIII is my fav of all of them. But yeah I've already got FFVII

samuraiZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#285 samuraiZero
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
i just got a ps2 last year and im just now getting a memo card i was looking forward to getting lots of RPG's thank god you made this list!
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#286 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
Dragon Quest 8 was awesome
Gage159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Gage159
Yea ive seen reviews on dragon quest is it a good series, what game's could you compare it to?
Suvirj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Suvirj
FFXII and FFVII shud definitely be in the list...any list of good RPGs is incomplete without these two masterpieces...:)
llcoolray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 llcoolray
FFXII and FFVII shud definitely be in the list...any list of good RPGs is incomplete without these two masterpieces...:)Suvirj
You know I dont know if anyone else ever though of this but  what if they made remakes of FFVII and FFVIII (In my opinion) on current platforms such as PS2 or Ps3 just for rpg gamers to replay the greatest FF in better resolution but with still same core gameplay. I think it'd be a good idea, and so that I can finally say that FFVII belongs on this list!!!!!!LOL.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Sim_genius
And what about FFX?!?!
llcoolray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 llcoolray
And what about FFX?!?!Sim_genius
That game has been listed like a million times already, but good call though.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Sim_genius
[QUOTE="Sim_genius"]And what about FFX?!?!llcoolray
That game has been listed like a million times already, but good call though.

lol i know :P.
sweet-burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 sweet-burn
Tales of the Abyss!!!!! every Namco rpg anyway hahaha
sweet-burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 sweet-burn
FFXII i hate it
bjecas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 bjecas

god of war and god of war 2..

absolutely the best RPGs ever

those should be at the list

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Sim_genius
Ehh... are you smoking something or what? Cuz, as far as i know GOW is not RPG >___>
thegreek_matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#297 thegreek_matt
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
lol seriously GOW? i might as well suggest gears of war or sumthing.   neway, ya, FFXII should definetely be on that list
chilliking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 chilliking1
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
Kingdom hearts are Rpg for the beginngers :D
mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 mthe1337one
Member since 2005 • 2539 Posts

lol seriously GOW? i might as well suggest gears of war or sumthing. neway, ya, FFXII should definetely be on that listthegreek_matt

well it's debatable to a degree.  there is a leveling aspect (i.e. weapon/magic level upgrade, ) to GOW1/2, which indirectly improves Kratos' fighting abilities...health/mana (in this case, magic) system.  personally i don't consider the game an RPG either LO, but those aspects are vaguely similar to the whole RPG element.

Dantex386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Dantex386
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts
ok i just spent the last 40 god damn mintes reading evry post and i have a few things to say 1;add kingdom hearts2 2; add ffXII 3;when it comes down to the best rpg on any format it not possable to down one clear victor tastes diff far to much 4;as to wich kh is the better they differ graetly and par story line are very diffrent games