Pretty mask for a crappy game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Murasamune9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Murasamune9
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Do you believe that game makers now a days are creating games to make them look pretty to compensate for story or gameplay?
Murasamune9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Murasamune9
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

This is something I've been talking about with a couple of friends and they agree with me. Lately i've bought a couple of games that lokk awesome graphic wise but story and gameplay were so sad that i had to return them within a couple of hours of playing them.

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
Yeah :(

they just make the game look good so that people would buy it :(
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I think the quantifier of some needs to be applied here. Bioshock looks good. Crysis looks good. Assassin's Creed looks good. All three of those have done very well in reviews and appeal to many people. Some games may have pretty graphics and be otherwise bad games, but not all of them.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

People dont buy games that arent graphically appealing. Developers have no choice but to spend a good deal focusing on graphics, otherwise the game wont sell.

Its not the developer's fault. Blame the gamers.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

People dont buy games that arent graphically appealing. Developers have no choice but to spend a good deal focusing on graphics, otherwise the game wont sell.

Its not the developer's fault. Blame the gamers.

XaosII

I'll go with somewhat old graphics if the gameplay and story is good. I'm still buying Xbox 1 games, so all the graphics look outdated (except for Riddick and Ninja Gaiden, maybe). Graphics have never really been something that excite me that much. I would much rather have good gameplay and/or story. I still play Morrowind...