PGD Lounge - The No Fuss, No Mess Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Metamania (11964 posts) -

This is a clean slate for everyone, including me. Sorry if I got angry before. Hope we can forgive and forget what happened previously. Keep it clean, keep it friendly, and we'll be good.

What's up with everyone for the time being?

Edit: This is my third time making the PGD Lounge thread. Next time, someone else will have the pleasure of creating one. Enjoy! :)

#2 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Well, so much for letting someone else have a crack at this. Oh well. Maybe next time, folks.

#3 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -
getting ready to Pick up my Copy of Lollipop Chainsaw and paying of The Last Story and Lego Batman 2.......
#4 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
The more I'm playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, the more I hate the game. Just seems like its one of those games that everyone said was awesome back in the day and doesn't translate quite well now.
#5 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27830 posts) -
Cards Against Humanity is in my order! Yes!
#6 Posted by Allicrombie (25114 posts) -
Cards Against Humanity is in my order! Yes!Yagr_Zero
what the heck are you going on about?
#7 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Does it matter who creates the thread...?

#8 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Does it matter who creates the thread...?Ilovegames1992

Not really. Just like to make sure others get a chance to make it so as not to place responsibility solely on one individual.

#9 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27830 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] what the heck are you going on about?

Cards Against Humanity! The mature version of Apples to Apples! :P
#11 Posted by Allicrombie (25114 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] what the heck are you going on about?

Cards Against Humanity! The mature version of Apples to Apples! :P

thanks for clearing that up. >.>
#12 Posted by BranKetra (47773 posts) -

Actually, I am taking a break from gaming for the next couple of days to prepare for a couple of tests. I'm taking summer classes.

#13 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27830 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] thanks for clearing that up. >.>

I do what I can. :P
#14 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -
Oh look, new lounge!
#15 Posted by Daavpuke (13769 posts) -
Dirt Showdown review in the books, going forward with Blades of Time, then previews (and Lollipop Chainsaw probably).
#16 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -

Any word on when the lollipop chainsaw review goes up?

#17 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27830 posts) -
Dirt Showdown review in the books, going forward with Blades of Time, then previews (and Lollipop Chainsaw probably).Daavpuke
How is that game?
#18 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
Still enjoying Dragon's Dogma. Mystic Knight is pretty fun, not sure what I'm going to switch too once I max this one out.. It will be nice to not see my cape clipping through my shield constantly. :P
#19 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Anyone into racers? I used to play racing games when I was younger like Burnout 2 and Burnout 3, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed: Underground/Underground 2, etc but I stopped. Looking at some of the racing games this generation, it seems like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and Forza 4 are the top ones -- that new one coming out looks neat, so does Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Anyone know which are the best? I have PGR3, but I've barely played it lol.
#20 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
I like racing games! :D Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit are two of my favorites from this gen. Wipeout HD is awesome. DiRT 3 is probably my favorite overall. The new Most Wanted looks fantastic as well. Criterion are great at what they do.
#21 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

Love racers. Burnout 3 is probably my all-time favorite racing title since it was just absurd fun. And FAST. 200 mph w/boost really felt like 200mph in Takedown. I played a lot of NFS when I was younger, espcially Hot Pursuit 2 and Most Wanted which where my faves there. New Most Wanted looks cool, but Criterion are fantastic devs so that's not a surprise.

This gen, I'd go with Forza 4 and Burnout Paradise as my favorite racers, but I have enjoyed DiRT 3 and Criterion's Hot Pursuit very much. All of those are really good titles.

#22 Posted by BranKetra (47773 posts) -
Anyone into racers? I used to play racing games when I was younger like Burnout 2 and Burnout 3, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed: Underground/Underground 2, etc but I stopped. Looking at some of the racing games this generation, it seems like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and Forza 4 are the top ones -- that new one coming out looks neat, so does Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Anyone know which are the best? I have PGR3, but I've barely played it lol.Haziqonfire
I am and oddly enough, I also stopped playing racers around that time. Need For Speed: Most Wanted is a good one. GT5: Prologue is out and those games have always been good. Motorstorm is good fun.
#23 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27830 posts) -
Anyone into racers? I used to play racing games when I was younger like Burnout 2 and Burnout 3, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need For Speed: Underground/Underground 2, etc but I stopped. Looking at some of the racing games this generation, it seems like Burnout Paradise, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and Forza 4 are the top ones -- that new one coming out looks neat, so does Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Anyone know which are the best? I have PGR3, but I've barely played it lol.Haziqonfire
I'm currently tackling Hot Pursuit (2010) at the moment and can say that it's a blast so far. A nice mixture of difficulty and great level design. I'd say go for that and Burnout Paradise since it seems that you played Criterion's earlier works.
#24 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

does anyone know if the US PSN store updated yet?

#25 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -

killerband55
Can you not check? Anyhow, @MorganHaro said it was looking like 10pm pt was the best case scenario for tonight's update.
#26 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

MethodManFTW

Can you not check? Anyhow, @MorganHaro said it was looking like 10pm pt was the best case scenario for tonight's update.

it still kinda looked the same to me, but they added in an E3 thing on there, so that's kinda throwing me off a bit

#27 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

it still kinda looked the same to me, but they added in an E3 thing on there, so that's kinda throwing me off a bitkillerband55

The E3 thing has been there since E3 week.

Anyway, don't think it's updated yet. No posts on the PlayStation Blog about it yet.

#28 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

[QUOTE="killerband55"]it still kinda looked the same to me, but they added in an E3 thing on there, so that's kinda throwing me off a bitc_rake

The E3 thing has been there since E3 week.

Anyway, don't think it's updated yet. No posts on the PlayStation Blog about it yet.

really? shows much how i visited that store in awhile

#29 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
Can't play any more Prince of Persia. Might play some White Knight Chronicles II or something next.
#30 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.
#31 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.

Do you have a PS3? Get Gran Turismo 5.
#32 Posted by Daanyal (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.ExoticAnimal

Don't do that, GT5 was a massive flop. Six years of waiting for a game where there's something like 100 Nissans and 12 Ferraris, where 80% of the cars don't have an interior view and look like they've come straight out of the PS2.

Anyway, if you are willing to wait, wait for the new NFS Most Wanted, or Forza Horizon. If you're not willing to wait, then get Forza 4 (sim), or DiRT 3 (arcade).

#33 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.Daanyal

Don't do that, GT5 was a massive flop. Six years of waiting for a game where there's something like 100 Nissans and 12 Ferraris, where 80% of the cars don't have an interior view and look like they've come straight out of the PS2.

Anyway, if you are willing to wait, wait for the new NFS Most Wanted, or Forza Horizon. If you're not willing to wait, then get Forza 4 (sim), or DiRT 3 (arcade).

Bah. Forget all those. Just get Burnout 3: Takedown and be set for life.

#34 Posted by Daanyal (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="Daanyal"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Do you have a PS3? Get Gran Turismo 5.c_rake

Bah. Forget all those. Just get Burnout 3: Takedown and be set for life.

Takedown was a very good game, but Forza 4 is easily the best racer of the gen, IMO.

#35 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Seems like the two I was looking at are the most popular here. I'm thinking of holding off till the new NFS - NFS: Most Wanted, maybe I'll just pick that up or Forza Horizon.Daanyal

Right... cuz 7.4 million copies sold makes it a flop. :roll: Guess you're just more into arcade racers than driving simulators. The game isn't perfect but still love it.
#36 Posted by Daanyal (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="Daanyal"]

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] Do you have a PS3? Get Gran Turismo 5.ExoticAnimal

Right... cuz 7.4 million copies sold makes it a flop. :roll: Guess you're just more into arcade racers than driving simulators. The game isn't perfect but still love it.

I love both genres equally. When I said a flop, I meant (this probably wasn't obvious) the quality of the game just didn't meet many people's (including myself) expectations after we waited for the best part of a generation.

#37 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.
#38 Posted by Metamania (11964 posts) -

I don't think I've ever seen this in a videogame, but I love how the monsters react and move in Dragon's Dogma. The wolves, for example, can be frustrating when they jump back to avoid one of your sword swipes, but I enjoy the refreshing AI for a change.

#39 Posted by Allicrombie (25114 posts) -
Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.Haziqonfire
Just get Super Mario Kart. Problem Solved.
#40 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Just get Super Mario Kart. Problem Solved.

what about Rad Racer?....it was...like...ummm..rad and stuff...:?
#41 Posted by Allicrombie (25114 posts) -
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Just get Super Mario Kart. Problem Solved.

what about Rad Racer?....it was...like...ummm..rad and stuff...:?

Rad who? >.>
#42 Posted by Metamania (11964 posts) -

Wasn't Rad Racer an old NES racing game? If I remember correctly, it was developed by Square.

#43 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Wasn't Rad Racer an old NES racing game? If I remember correctly, it was developed by Square.

Metamania

Indeed. Was one of the few games that used their crazy 3D tech.

#44 Posted by Omni-Slash (54404 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

c_rake

Indeed. Was one of the few games that used their crazy 3D tech.

Yup yup....what these guys said.. :P
#45 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.Allicrombie

I don't have that - but I can get that on VC. Right now I'm addicted to MK7 though, best Mario Kart game ever.
#46 Posted by Metamania (11964 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, only a Wii and a 360 so GT5 is out of the question lol.Haziqonfire

I don't have that - but I can get that on VC. Right now I'm addicted to MK7 though, best Mario Kart game ever.

That was one of the reasons I bought a Wii a long time ago - the VC had a great selection of classics to buy and play at anytime. Like Super Mario Kart. :D I still have memories of getting beaten by friends and family with that red shell, which we came to call it as "The Terminator" shell.

#47 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

"No Mess", huh? Well today I was trying to clean up a mess I had and I've now accidentally cracked my Mario Galaxy 2 disc. Fell victim to some overturned objects. *sob*

... On the bright side, I did finish Forza 4's career event list today, and I've been playing since the release date in October.

#48 Posted by Metamania (11964 posts) -

"No Mess", huh? Well today I was trying to clean up a mess I had and I've now accidentally cracked my Mario Galaxy 2 disc. Fell victim to some overturned objects. *sob*

... On the bright side, I did finish Forza 4's career event list today, and I've been playing since the release date in October.

gpuFX16

Sounds like you must be excited about the upcoming Forza Horizon, eh? :)

#49 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

Sounds like you must be excited about the upcoming Forza Horizon, eh? :)

Metamania

At first I did'nt know what to really think about it, but now that I know that the physics are at least somewhat based on FM and the game itself is open world ala Burnout Paradise, I'll most likely get it. I think T10 and Playground are doing the right thing by introducing new things while still retaining alot of the stuff you expect from the main games.

#50 Posted by Daavpuke (13769 posts) -
Is Gamespot busted? I can't seem to get notifications working, inbox, etc