PGD Games Rememberance Thread - 'Oh, gee, what was that game called again?'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Welcome to the PGD Games Rememberance Thread - Version 1.0000

(why so many zeroes? Just 'cause, that's why!) ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In our modern stage of gaming, many of us gamers have reached a stage where we've wanted to look back on games that we played, or never got a chance to play, only to be brunt with a very dire issue...

Completely forgetting what the name of the game was in the first place!

Whether its to help you find a vintage title that you want to add to your collection, or just to muster enough of a name to find that sacred Wikipedia entry to give you your nostalgia fix, the purpose of this thread will act as its own specialized venue for users to post up questions regarding a game they want to remember the name (or even other traits) of, and other users hopefully replying with answers, or at least giving more information about the games so an answer can be found.

We'll see how this thread works out for now, but for the time being, please be sure to exercise patience when posting concerns. Sometimes a particular game may be beyond the realm of what our users know, or it simply is a harder, more obscure title that would require the talents of some wise poster from afar to wonder in and give an answer.

At any rate, feel free to pose questions, give answers, and help guide users to the informational nirvana of understanding and truth...or at least remember what that game was called at the very least!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Whenever you ask for a game title or other info, please provide as much information as you can regarding details like:

- - - - -

Platform the game was on

(Even if the game is multiplaform, this helps big time)

- - - - -

Timeframe the game came out

(at least what decade it was)

- - - - -

Any disctive qualities about the game

(Genre, kinds of characters, other notable aspects of the game, etc.)

- - - - -

This will not only help others find your answer, but ensures that the first answer given is more likely to be what you are looking for.

Thanks for reading, and happy searching!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Awesome idea Skylock! ...oh, and I think someone inadvertantly locked down the 'Game Recommendation' thread when they dealt with the SPAM that was just posted there.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Skylock00

Awesome idea Skylock! ...oh, and I think someone inadvertantly locked down the 'Game Recommendation' thread when they dealt with the SPAM that was just posted there.rragnaar
Hmm, odd.

I'll see if I can find it and get it back up. I'll try to think of a game for you gaming sleuths to find the name of...

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rragnaar

I need the name of a game where you are this dude, fighting these other dudes, to save the world or something. Please help.

:P

dvader654

Bald SPace Marine 5: The Bloodening

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Skylock00
Awesome idea Skylock! ...oh, and I think someone inadvertantly locked down the 'Game Recommendation' thread when they dealt with the SPAM that was just posted there.rragnaar
Problem solved.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Awesome idea Skylock! ...oh, and I think someone inadvertantly locked down the 'Game Recommendation' thread when they dealt with the SPAM that was just posted there.Skylock00
Problem solved.

Great! I was in the middle of typing a post for that thread when it disappeared.

darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 darkSIDEechoes
Member since 2007 • 3375 Posts

Cut n paste job, sry.

There was a game based on the movie from 1999 called 13th Floor. There was a computer game that was like Second Life/The Sims. It was related in the sense that the game had a link from the movies website or something...I haven't played it in YEARS but I'm curious to know what it was actually called and whatnot.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Skylock00

Here's an example of a request:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game that I played on the Sega Saturn. It was a First Person Adventure game (like Myst), used pre-rendered graphics, had some really, really bad voice acting (at least for the American release), and I think the main character had anmnesia at the onset of the game or something.

Anyone have any idea what I'm looking for?

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Skylock00
[QUOTE="Skylock00"]

Here's an example of a request:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game that I played on the Sega Saturn. It was a First Person Adventure game (like Myst), used pre-rendered graphics, had some really, really bad voice acting (at least for the American release), and I think the main character had anmnesia at the onset of the game or something.

Anyone have any idea what I'm looking for?

dvader654

D?

Hmm, looked at it, and that's not right. The game I'm trying to remember took place in a sort of small village, before the final segment took place in some... castle/maze of some sort. The main protagonist was a guy, also, if that helps.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

It's not Enemy Zero you are thinking about, is it?

If not, my other guess would be Omikron: The Nomad Soul, but that was for the DreamCast.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phantom_Leo

Scratch that, it was neither; it was called Mansion of Hidden Souls.

LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#14 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
K so I was reading my game informer months back and they previewed this game where the world has been taken over by this (i think) pink fungus and it showed concept pix of DC just destroyed by it and I really thought it was cool and i wanna fallow up on it does anyone know wut the game is I am pretty sure its a ps3/360 game someone help I can't find it
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phantom_Leo

Alright. This topic needs to be closed. NOW. If there is a gamer that has a question about a pre-Playstation One system, I cannot rest until I find an answer for him/her.

Which basically means I will be trapped in this topic, wracking my brains, looking for games for the rest of eternity.

For the love of God! Don't do this to me ! ! !

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rragnaar

Alright. This topic needs to be closed. NOW. If there is a gamer that has a question about a pre-Playstation One system, I cannot rest until I find an answer for him/her.

Which basically means I will be trapped in this topic, wracking my brains, looking for games for the rest of eternity.

For the love of God! Don't do this to me ! ! !

Phantom_Leo

:lol:... I figured you'd love/hate this thread.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rragnaar
K so I was reading my game informer months back and they previewed this game where the world has been taken over by this (i think) pink fungus and it showed concept pix of DC just destroyed by it and I really thought it was cool and i wanna fallow up on it does anyone know wut the game is I am pretty sure its a ps3/360 game someone help I can't find it LasPlagasHope

I will do some digging and see what I can find. I know that Fallout 3 takes place in DC and that it has some incredible concept art of a destroyed Washington DC.
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
[QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]K so I was reading my game informer months back and they previewed this game where the world has been taken over by this (i think) pink fungus and it showed concept pix of DC just destroyed by it and I really thought it was cool and i wanna fallow up on it does anyone know wut the game is I am pretty sure its a ps3/360 game someone help I can't find it rragnaar

I will do some digging and see what I can find. I know that Fallout 3 takes place in DC and that it has some incredible concept art of a destroyed Washington DC.

NO its not that its like everything has been taken over by this bubbley pink fungus its really cool lol
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]K so I was reading my game informer months back and they previewed this game where the world has been taken over by this (i think) pink fungus and it showed concept pix of DC just destroyed by it and I really thought it was cool and i wanna fallow up on it does anyone know wut the game is I am pretty sure its a ps3/360 game someone help I can't find it LasPlagasHope

NO its not that its like everything has been taken over by this bubbley pink fungus its really cool lol

Weird. I hope we can find out what it is. That sounds awesome.

DOS4dinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DOS4dinner
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

Good idea for a sticky. If it is an old DOS game (or, a PC game from 1995 or before), someone give me a call. I have an uncanny ability for identifying old computer games.

I doubt we can have this, but can we have little contests to see if someone can find a really obscure game?

darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkSIDEechoes

Cut n paste job, sry.

There was a game based on the movie from 1999 called 13th Floor. There was a computer game that was like Second Life/The Sims. It was related in the sense that the game had a link from the movies website or something...I haven't played it in YEARS but I'm curious to know what it was actually called and whatnot.

darkSIDEechoes

If it helps, the game also has teleport stations or something. I remember you can go into a part of the world and select what furniture you want in your home. You copy the code for the couch or whatever and then type it in somewhere in your house.

There was no action in it but it was definitely a Sims or Second Life type game...

The game was out around 1999 or 2000. Maybe even 2001.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Skylock00

If not, my other guess would be Omikron: The Nomad Soul, but that was for the DreamCast.

Phantom_Leo

Phantom_Leo

Actually, I did a little research for myself, and realized what the game was. Unfortunately, it's none of the games you listed, though they're all close realistically.

The game I was trying to remember was called Lunacy, though its original Japanese release name was Torico.

I like the response to this topic already, hopefully it'll keep going strong.

darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darkSIDEechoes
[QUOTE="darkSIDEechoes"]

Cut n paste job, sry.

darkSIDEechoes

If it helps, the game also has teleport stations or something. I remember you can go into a part of the world and select what furniture you want in your home. You copy the code for the couch or whatever and then type it in somewhere in your house.

There was no action in it but it was definitely a Sims or Second Life type game...

The game was out around 1999 or 2000. Maybe even 2001.

Something about Utopia or something?

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phantom_Leo
[QUOTE="Phantom_Leo"]

Skylock00

Phantom_Leo

Actually, I did a little research for myself, and realized what the game was. Unfortunately, it's none of the games you listed, though they're all close realistically.

The game I was trying to remember was called Lunacy, though its original Japanese release name was Torico.

I like the response to this topic already, hopefully it'll keep going strong.

I was wrong?!?

YAY ! ! !

It only means to me that I am not infallible when it comes to questions like this and I can thusly ignore this topic and go on with daily life!

As long as NO ONE asks any NES, SNES or Genesis questions, I will be fine!

*runs out of topic without looking back*

EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#26 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

Ive actually got a couple, one of which is up phantom leo's ally as its a Genesis game.

Ill start with the Genesis game first, itll probably be an easy one to guess. It was a fighting game, all the fighters were already dead fighting to regain their soul. I remember one of the fighters was a black superhero named Turbo.......I think. There was also an alchemist named Xavier.

The second was a PC game back from '98 maybe 99. At the time it was classified as a RTS game, but Im sure under today's standards it would be closer to a tower defense game. You would build solar powered batteries which you would then place actual gun turrent near it so the turrent would have power. You would build little clay golems to go out and collect crystals which served as a currency. The idea was to keep building your machines far enough so you could destroy the enemy base.

kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts
I played this game for hours on my game color years ago. You played as a little person and you always had 3 monsters following you in-game. There were a heck of a lot of those monsters, but I remember the game took place in a tree, and there were lots of smiling "slimes" in the game
DOS4dinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DOS4dinner
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

I played this game for hours on my game color years ago. You played as a little person and you always had 3 monsters following you in-game. There were a heck of a lot of those monsters, but I remember the game took place in a tree, and there were lots of smiling "slimes" in the gamekriptonzz

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 for GBC. Awesome game.

Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
Can someone list all of the X-men games made on the Sega Genesis?
tmvmecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tmvmecca
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
what is that game called for the n64 were u were 3 japanese kids 1 with spikey hair 1 with a blu ninja suit dont remeber the other but it was a girl,and i think there was a water level which u change into a mermaid, and i remeber the last level is a burning building it was a game that got me started playing video games
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I've got one:

Machine: Nintendo 64

Year: Late In Life-Cycle (not sure)

Genre: Shooter, on rails, I believe.

Highly acclaimed, but also underappreciated. I think this game is on the VC, but I am not sure. I repeat, I could be wrong there. It was a different, possibly First-Person & on-rails shooting game.

I know this is a little vague... but not many games can fit those specifications, especially the "acclaimed but overlooked".

Help would be appreciated.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Skylock00

I've got one:

Highly acclaimed, but also underappreciated. I think this game is on the VC, but I am not sure. I repeat, I could be wrong there. It was a different, possibly First-Person & on-rails shooting game.

I know this is a little vague... but not many games can fit those specifications, especially the "acclaimed but overlooked".

Jbul
Sin & Punishment?
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Skylock00
what is that game called for the n64 were u were 3 japanese kids 1 with spikey hair 1 with a blu ninja suit dont remeber the other but it was a girl,and i think there was a water level which u change into a mermaid, and i remeber the last level is a burning building it was a game that got me started playing video gamestmvmecca
I think you're talking about Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon.
tmvmecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tmvmecca
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts
yea its that series the newer 1 but same series thanks
JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
Ok. This game was a PS1 game. The main character was some kid with purpleish hair. I'm pretty sure it was a platformer. I think the game i'm think about is Tomba but i'm just double-checking.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
[QUOTE="Jbul"]

I've got one:

Skylock00

Sin & Punishment?

That's it! Thank you. I think I'll give it a go on the VC.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

I remeber it being on the super nintendo i rented it in the mid 90's and it was this character that looked like crash bandicoot i think and it involved running through the highway and stuff. Idk I never remebered the title.

Another one, this one has been bugging me my whole life and I always thought it was a sonic game but now im not too sure. I think I played it on some 2-D sega system and Idk I remeber it being a sonic game but I searched up every sonic game and I find no leads but for somereason I remeber the game starting and you hear thunder strike on the screen and you see the half of a villains face pop up on screen and i remeber it being Dr. Robnotick and then the level starts and your sonic and your like in this sewer, you run a little bit foward and at the end is this pool and a huge monster jumps out and you have to climb him all the way to the top and thats all I can remeber.

Sure you might think im crazy but Im only saying sonic cause thats the only thing I can remeber it as, it probably isnt or maybe I dreamed it as a kid Idk but i remeber it being a dark game and not getting very far. Anyone remeber anything like that? It would help me alot I been trying to figure it out ever since I was a child, Coulda been on my sega CD i dont know.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

its this offroad game for n64 that goes through this mine and goes on a freeway

its also an arcade game i played both of them and it has a level where you are on ice

i look on gamespot and its not there

it has baja trucks and buggys

ezkayl_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ezkayl_666
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hey i am looking for a game can't remember the name but it is a point and click based on problem solving should be win 95 or 98 but can't remember you start the game on a road and have to go to a lighthouse where you find a giant egg and a submarine and then you have to travel to different places collecting discs to get new coordinates for the sub and eventually you get to a volcano where the egg hatches and a giant bird comes out can anybody remember the name of this game?
Avatar image for AuthenticKaizen
AuthenticKaizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AuthenticKaizen
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

I remeber it being on the super nintendo i rented it in the mid 90's and it was this character that looked like crash bandicoot i think and it involved running through the highway and stuff. Idk I never remebered the title.

Another one, this one has been bugging me my whole life and I always thought it was a sonic game but now im not too sure. I think I played it on some 2-D sega system and Idk I remeber it being a sonic game but I searched up every sonic game and I find no leads but for somereason I remeber the game starting and you hear thunder strike on the screen and you see the half of a villains face pop up on screen and i remeber it being Dr. Robnotick and then the level starts and your sonic and your like in this sewer, you run a little bit foward and at the end is this pool and a huge monster jumps out and you have to climb him all the way to the top and thats all I can remeber.

Sure you might think im crazy but Im only saying sonic cause thats the only thing I can remeber it as, it probably isnt or maybe I dreamed it as a kid Idk but i remeber it being a dark game and not getting very far. Anyone remeber anything like that? It would help me alot I been trying to figure it out ever since I was a child, Coulda been on my sega CD i dont know.

blazinpuertoroc

hm the first:

could it be Rocky Rodent ?

the second...hm...browse through this siteand maybe you will find it

http://sega-16.com/

D34D6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 D34D6666
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hello all!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update.. i found it finally, its named street wars and/or mob rule , same game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im looking for a Strategy game for the PC.

Its from the late 90's i think.

The game was about maffiosi wars , you had city block and in someway you had to acquire buildings(within a cityblock)by buying it i believe and a family moved in and made kids there , who , when they grew up, you could give a certain job , a criminal job mostly.

Its also rather collorfull i recall , tems would be colord yellow red blue and such.

its not the game Gangsters.

Anyone know what game i mean? thanks in advance :)

Ah i found it finally, its named street wars or mob rule , same game.

blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blazinpuertoroc
[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]

AuthenticKaizen

hm the first:

yes for rocky rodent im looking at the gameplay and I remeber the game being nothing like that...could sworn it was from a back perspective but looking at the cover of the box that is definitely it..thanks
Avatar image for AuthenticKaizen
AuthenticKaizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AuthenticKaizen
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
[QUOTE="AuthenticKaizen"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]

blazinpuertoroc

hm the first:

yes for rocky rodent im looking at the gameplay and I remeber the game being nothing like that...could sworn it was from a back perspective but looking at the cover of the box that is definitely it..thanks

hm from a back perspective...

a game with back perspective as you say and a spinning attack like chrash has the game Taz-Mania to offer

check the gameplay clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slLnjt86zxY
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blazinpuertoroc
[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"][QUOTE="AuthenticKaizen"][QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]

AuthenticKaizen

hm the first:

hm from a back perspective...

a game with back perspective as you say and a spinning attack like chrash has the game Taz-Mania to offer

check the gameplay clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slLnjt86zxY

nope dont think thats it..if it was taz i woulda remebered. The cover to rocky rodent looks familar but i remeber when you would die it you would see a countdown of the character in a little white suite with a halo ring over his head and it would play that cliche "death" music
Leflur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Leflur
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i still look back on the game i played on da snes mortal kobat 1, blast corps and my fav Killer Instinct any1 remember dat Fulgore wat a legend
Solidus_Mute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Solidus_Mute
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts
Everytime I read this thread, I feel like I'm watching a game of charades.