Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LordSet
Member since 2015 • 15 Posts

Hey guys and gals, what's up?

I'd like a suggestion for an action rpg to play on the PC. I mean the ones like Fable and Dark Souls, not the ones like Diablo and Torchlight. (Not that I don't like those, just not in the mood atm)

Actually, non-action RPGs with a very good story and a nice combat system would be appreciated as well.

Action RPGs on that style (or non-action RPGs with good combat systems) that I've played and enjoyed (not all of those were on the PC):

Fable: The Lost Chapters, Fable 3, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3, pretty much every Legend of Zelda game since A Link to the Past, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Mana series (Sword of Mana, Children of Mana, etc), The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, IV: Oblivion and V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4, Dragon's Dogma, Gothic series, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Shadow of the Colossus, Bastion.

I think that's it.

So, I'd like a suggestion for a game with gameplay similar to any of those listed games. Preferably released in the last 6 years, but suggestions on older games are welcome as well. :)

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ayanami000
Member since 2015 • 125 Posts

try online rpg like world of warcraft or final fantasy. both are not free to play tho.

LordSet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LordSet

Oh yeah. There are MMOs. I've tried most as well. Really enjoyed GW2, but my distance to the servers and the extremely poor way the internet providers here map the routes make it impossible to play properly :/

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition (At least as a rogue, which are really fun, fast paced and active, mages are dope too)

Also might want to look into Kingdoms of Amalur (sp?), it supposedly has a really good feel to the combat.

Pharoah_ramy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5 Pharoah_ramy
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts

DMC;Devil May Cry its a very fun combat game....Or Saints row if you like a comedy game with a lot of violence :D

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

Deus Ex, trust me

LordSet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordSet

@illmatic87:DA:I and TW3 are really good games. I've played them and recommend them as well. Kingdoms Of Amalur I've heard about, but never played. Gonna give it a try, probably. Thanks for the suggestion.

@pharoah_ramy: OH! DmC Devil May Cry! I thought about playing it some time ago but my rig couldn't run it properly back then. Had totally forgot. Gonna play it. Thx for the suggestion.

@the_funyarinpa: Heard alot about Deus Ex, but never tried. I guess because it aged badly? Would I be losing too much if I read a summary on the two first games and started playing on Human Revolution?

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

@lordset: if you wanna skip to human revolution, you wont be missing anything big. I think they tried making it accessible since its a reboot in essence

Pharoah_ramy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9 Pharoah_ramy
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts

@lordset No problem ;)

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

Heres some action rpgs which i don't think you listed which you could look into...

Two Worlds 2 - pretty similar combat to skyrim, decent side missions, nice graphics. The ending in the game sucks bad though.

Kingdoms of Amalur - imo not as good as Two Worlds 2 (but that is debatable), its has mission layouts that reminded me a lot of mmos. The ending is so so, nothing epic, but not as bad as two worlds ending which wasn't rewarding at all. The combat and movement is very similar to any mmo out there like wow, but the combat is more action based.

Hunted - The Demon's Forge - this game was published by bethesda and i bought it a while ago and haven't played it yet, but the reason i got it was because it looked like an action rpg, its kinda got mixed reviews so i have no idea if its good or not.

Out of all these that i did play, i wouldn't say the storylines are not the best i seen, but there are moments in them where they are enjoyable. I rushed through Kingdoms of Amalur pretty fast though, i was getting bored of the game so i did very little side quests other then the main storyline.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@lordset said:

@illmatic87:DA:I and TW3 are really good games. I've played them and recommend them as well. Kingdoms Of Amalur I've heard about, but never played. Gonna give it a try, probably. Thanks for the suggestion.

@pharoah_ramy: OH! DmC Devil May Cry! I thought about playing it some time ago but my rig couldn't run it properly back then. Had totally forgot. Gonna play it. Thx for the suggestion.

@the_funyarinpa: Heard alot about Deus Ex, but never tried. I guess because it aged badly? Would I be losing too much if I read a summary on the two first games and started playing on Human Revolution?

Deus Ex has aged very well. The visuals haven't but they were dated at the time of release anyway. There's also some mods that improve them slightly.

Human Revolution feels more modern in both a good way and a bad way. The shooting is more reliant on the players skill as opposed to the characters skill and the graphics are much improved (although I'm not too fond of the change in art direction). Deus Ex is a type of game that are no longer made and was never very common. Like the first two Thief games there isn't much like it so even 15 years after release it feels quite fresh, although in some areas a bit clunky.

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

All these games were already mentioned but I will recommend them as well...
Kingdoms of Amalur - Truly wonderful game. Not as good as Morrowind/Oblivion IMO but still excellent by all means.
Two Worlds II - I didn't play the first but the second is pretty fun. Again, weak by Elder Scrolls standards but good filler.
Deus Ex - Most the games you mentioned were more fantasy (as opposed to cyberpunk-esque) but absolutely amazing series no matter which game you choose.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

what about Victor Vran? I've been meaning to try it. The videos look fun. Isometric like a Torchlight but if you look at the gameplay it looks much more action-y. I mean, if you watch it you can see the player actively parrying, jumping and dodging.

potasium56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 potasium56
Member since 2015 • 35 Posts

Dude "Path of Exile" Would be the game. Its similar to diablo 2 in many ways, but has a unique passive tree, also its free to play!! which is always a bonus.

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

@potasium56 said:

Dude "Path of Exile" Would be the game. Its similar to diablo 2 in many ways, but has a unique passive tree, also its free to play!! which is always a bonus.

The best Diablo clone I have played. I prefer it over Diablo 3.

MalicSumbrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MalicSumbrey
Member since 2015 • 30 Posts

@lordset: Witcher 3, Hands down.