PAX 2007 Questions For A Noob

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Da_Ryce_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Da_Ryce_One
Member since 2003 • 650 Posts
This will be my first time to PAX, and I'm wondering what will they have there. Should I bring cash or is a credit card fine if they're selling anything? Is this like a mini E3 or something?
Trisetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Trisetta
Member since 2002 • 2751 Posts

This will be my first time to PAX, and I'm wondering what will they have there. Should I bring cash or is a credit card fine if they're selling anything? Is this like a mini E3 or something?Da_Ryce_One

It's not like E3 in the sense that it's open to the public and there is less industry business done there. You probably shouldn't expect a lot of big game announcements (like E3), but rather a lot of playable demos of games that will be available in the next few weeks/months. But even that is hit and miss. For example, last year's PAX didn't feature any sort of Wii display. On the flip side, this year is larger so one should expect a lot more games on the show floor.

As for cash/credit, there are a few booths that will sell stuff (Penny Arcade merch, import games, etc.). It's not the focus of PAX, but that stuff is definitely there. I would certainly bring some cash, unless you don't want to buy anything.

Anyway ... I have my media pass, so I'll see you there in a few days! :)