Official Xbox Recommendation Thread (Updated 11/17/05)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deingerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#201 Deingerous
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts
[QUOTE="NinjaWolf14"][QUOTE="FuzzyBunny55"] [QUOTE="NinjaWolf14"]

[QUOTE="dan_plus_o"] [QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated. FuzzyBunny55

No, don't add that piece of crap to the list! Metal Gear solids view sucks, you can't look around without going into FP view. Splinter cell is a million times better then MGS.

kthxbye

MGS is one of the greatest francises ever, Kojima is one of the most well known figures in the gaming industry.

By the way here at GS MGS is rated higher than SC and the same can be said for many sites across the internet.

True, but MGS has always been a franchise for the Playstation and Sons of Liberty is probably the worst of the three. While I agree with you that MGS is a fantastic series, stealth gaming on the Xbox is better represented by the Splinter Cell franchise. If the original MGS or Snake Eater were available on the Xbox I would probably add them to the list, but not Sons of Liberty.

Sons of Liberty was actually probably my favorite of the series and the highest rated one all over for the most part.

Well good for you

YEAH!!! What you guys said

tygr47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 tygr47
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated. dan_plus_o

No, don't add that piece of crap to the list! Metal Gear solids view sucks, you can't look around without going into FP view. Splinter cell is a million times better then MGS.

AGREE 100%. I thought Metal Gear was OVERRATED. I would say go with Manhunt or Splinter Cell for stealth action...

Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
Substance and Splinter Cell are completely different. Substance is an action movie in gameform. Splinter Cell is a stealth action game without much action.
Only ppl that don´t like innovations or having to get into a game don´t like substance. Sure the perspective is something you need to get used to, but if you do its a damn fine game. It feels much more dynamic than splinter cell does. And its replay value outdoes splinter cell´s with ease!
They are both great games though. I played chaos theory and I liked it as much as its two predessessors (sp?).

However there´s a game series that is even better than those: Thief/Dark Project
Dark Project 1 (PC only) and 2 (PC only, too) are almost the same, as Dark Project 2 isn´t amore than a standalone mission pack for dark project 1, although a good and lengthy one. (But its the same with splinter cell, beside its multiplayer)
Thief 3 Deadly Shadows (xbox), however, is a new game with some new features and changes and really great graphics. It has the same dark gloomy atmosphere the old games had. Thats the way new games in a series have to be!

vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 vegetta_oozaro
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts

great job!!!!though i believe that 2 or 3 games should be in that list ,is a good effort

xTwiztidMadrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 xTwiztidMadrox
Member since 2006 • 1532 Posts

Manhunt is awesome, pretty brutal too.

mariozelda15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 mariozelda15
Member since 2005 • 1862 Posts
hitman 2 should be added and psychonauts should not be reccomened as a must have xbox title
adijan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#207 adijan
Member since 2005 • 5213 Posts

well Starwars Battlefront 2 is a must get.

I really like Stubbs the zombie and it has pretty good features so i would recommend it.

Not predator : concrete jungle

Amped 2 is pretty good. Doom 3 i recommendt

FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#208 FuzzyBunny55
Member since 2003 • 2561 Posts
hitman 2 should be added and psychonauts should not be reccomened as a must have xbox titlemariozelda15

You're joking right?  Have you even played Psychonauts?
mariozelda15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 mariozelda15
yes ive played psychonauts its a good game but not a must have there are better games like dead or alive and far cry
FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 FuzzyBunny55
yes ive played psychonauts its a good game but not a must have there are better games like dead or alive and far crymariozelda15

Perhaps, but I was trying to get a good balance with my choices for must-haves.  The list could have easily been just a string of FPS's otherwise.  In my opinion, Psychonauts is the only real platformer on the Xbox that really stands out as a great game, so I chose it as a must have.  I also got a lot of questions about quality games that are family and/or girlfriend friendly, so it gets a nod for that too.
mariozelda15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 mariozelda15

[QUOTE="mariozelda15"]yes ive played psychonauts its a good game but not a must have there are better games like dead or alive and far cryFuzzyBunny55

Perhaps, but I was trying to get a good balance with my choices for must-haves.  The list could have easily been just a string of FPS's otherwise.  In my opinion, Psychonauts is the only real platformer on the Xbox that really stands out as a great game, so I chose it as a must have.  I also got a lot of questions about quality games that are family and/or girlfriend friendly, so it gets a nod for that too.

i get what ur saying but i think the must haves should be halo 1 and 2 ninja gaiden black forza motorsport fable tlc and dead or alive ultimate

durrty2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#212 durrty2
Member since 2004 • 5004 Posts
[QUOTE="FuzzyBunny55"] [QUOTE="NinjaWolf14"][QUOTE="FuzzyBunny55"] [QUOTE="NinjaWolf14"]

[QUOTE="dan_plus_o"] [QUOTE="gdsmck954"]You should add Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance to the list. It's underappreciated. Deingerous

kthxbye

MGS is one of the greatest francises ever, Kojima is one of the most well known figures in the gaming industry.

By the way here at GS MGS is rated higher than SC and the same can be said for many sites across the internet.

True, but MGS has always been a franchise for the Playstation and Sons of Liberty is probably the worst of the three. While I agree with you that MGS is a fantastic series, stealth gaming on the Xbox is better represented by the Splinter Cell franchise. If the original MGS or Snake Eater were available on the Xbox I would probably add them to the list, but not Sons of Liberty.

Sons of Liberty was actually probably my favorite of the series and the highest rated one all over for the most part.

Well good for you

YEAH!!! What you guys said

Substance is definitly the worst out of the MGS series

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts

um..would u recommend the halo triple pack?

never played halo before and have online

mariozelda15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 mariozelda15

Gama_Forever

well duh isnt it obvious if u have a xbox u should have halo 1 and 2 being as tho halo 2 is the best online game and halo 1 is the best single player expierence for the xbox

FuzzyBunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 FuzzyBunny55

Gama_Forever

Yeah, I kind of figured that if I put Halo, Halo 2, and the Halo 2 Map Pack on the list, then it was implied that I would also recommend getting all three for less money.
Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#216 Fritzerbacon
Member since 2005 • 1111 Posts

Gama_Forever

If you don't have Halo 2, then just get Halo 2. You can download the maps for free online (which you'll need to do to play Live! with no difficulties)

If you don't have any Halo games, then get it.

Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Fritzerbacon

Fuzzybunny55, when are you gunna complete your recomendation in the beginning of this thread?

CrackpotGANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#218 CrackpotGANJ
Member since 2006 • 1032 Posts
that will look great after you get more games into it
vegetta_oozaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 vegetta_oozaro
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts
the recommendations are great...many of that games are mine
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#220 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
The Godfather
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
that will look great after you get more games into it CrackpotGANJ
heyitsnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 heyitsnate
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
farwell xbox 1 i knew ye well
Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Fritzerbacon

the recommendations are great...many of that games are minevegetta_oozaro

Ditto :D

yourmom116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#224 yourmom116
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
i no this is how i decide wat games to get somtimes thanx GS
gmsware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 gmsware
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Whoever doesnt have half life 2 is missing out on the best game ever

if you have an xbox get this game

its is the best thing ever

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#226 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts

gmsware

are you biased to only your opinion against any other game that's out there? have you played much more games that HL2?

gmsware2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#227 gmsware2
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts
gta 3 vice city san andreas half life 2 mercenaries most wanted far cry incstincts and evolution tomb raider matriz path of neo jade empire fable fable lost chapters loads endless list
gmsware2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#228 gmsware2
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts
[QUOTE="gmsware"]

3eyedrazorback

are you biased to only your opinion against any other game that's out there? have you played much more games that HL2?

no i am not i think they are loads of good games out there but according to me half life 2 is one of the best

RedMasterDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 RedMasterDX
Member since 2006 • 717 Posts
I need to know if there is a kick-ass revolutionary game for the xbox that i may have missed and should get. And i dont mean halo, morrowind, and kotor, i've already played those and some others. So far I havent found I game that Im excited over about. I like all types of games except for sports and racing. IM SICK OF PLAYING HALO 2 OVER AND OVER.
3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 3eyedrazorback
get splinter cell chaos theory...it's a GREAT game
cheat_commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 cheat_commando

gmsware

well I agree with him that half life 2 is one of the greatest games out there

but if u have a high end computer get it there first the graphics are a little better

and my opinion I prefer playing fps on computers

Avatar image for underoathswsfoe
underoathswsfoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#232 underoathswsfoe
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
Far Cry's the BEST
rts_beaverdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 rts_beaverdam
Member since 2005 • 859 Posts
Is marrowmind a good online game? or is it a game for solo play?
xeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 xeno
Member since 2005 • 2278 Posts

I recommend you get this games

Unreal Championship: plays just like UT2003, if you can't play the ut2003 (pc version) this is your choice!. Also the online plays good! But sadly the game isn't really good compare to UT2003 and not many people play vai system link or Xbox live.
I say you should get it:

Unreal Championship2: Liandri Conflict: If you don't have this game, you are truley missing out, the adrenaline rush and full pack action. You play either in third person mode or first person. NOTE THAT you have to use both for tactics. Third Person mode is basically melee attack also lets you see a bigger view aswell as using weapons. While First Person, you can only use weapon. You can perform cool adrenaline skills, each character has his/her own unique skills, also perform some great acrobatic moves. The game as lots of gameplay like Team Deathmatch, Overdose all cool. If you prefer single player, this single player will keep you going for days!
Sadly, less people are playing this game on xboxlive, but the less people are getting too good. You have people who are still playing this game since it came out, this give you a bigger challenege for you!

Spartan: Total Warrior: if you like hack n slash, devil may cry style, samurai 20xx style. They you should get this sweet violence game! You play with a cool guy, the more you kill, Ares will cheer you up and it feels good. You get to pull out different combo and moves. Although they are repitative, but it doesn't get repitetive when enemies surround you. The game is also funny, with the weak voice acting and when enemies die (buring with flames). The visual effect is just great! Cool boss battles.
Some unlocks for you. Also not only using weapons, you can use tactics, like explosive barrels and even shooting machines to kill.
No 2 player which is the sad thing, but you can play challenging Arean mode and replay single player missions.

Shemue 2: First of all, if you want a better realistic game than GTA: San Adrensea. I suggest you get this. It's a RPS Adventure. You view in a Third Person mode. The graphics is great especially on xbox (although its originality is on Dreamcast) but xbox graphics makes it great. You can change the camera's colour from serpia to black and white, even take screenshot at any part of the game and sort them. I mean any part of the game, the whole game even fmv's and cutscenes. The best thing about this game is the sweet QTA: Quick Time Action. Cutscene will be playing, suddenly something happens, and the game requires you to press some buttons on the pad. Trust me, when I say realistic game, I do mean REALITY! However this game is set in 1980's. In reality you can:
go to super markets and buy stuff
go to fortune tellers, to tell your life
play games at the arcade
look for jobs and even work for part time
time moves real, from day to night, and also with the clock!
talk to anybody
train at open free space
Just think of all the reality things you can do in 1980 and it is captured in this sweet game!
In Shenmue 1 for Dreamcast, you can connect to the internet. Unfortunately, this game features no online, not even for xbox live. But the good thing is: it as some feature lenght cutscenes off Shenmue 1 and your collection of galleries. Oh yea you can play some mini game that you have progress through the game.

d00m 3: if you are truely looking for a scary game, I mean scary game not like Resident Evil. But a sary game like Forbiden Siren and Fatal Frame. Also if you wanna try something new and play it on a First Person Shooter. I sugges you should get this game!. The graphic is good, full shadow shaded graphics! This is the evolution engine where Quake 4 got it's graphic's from. The game plays like classic d00m, but more advance changes. The game is just scary! The sound effect is really good, each thing you see in the game as it's own sound effect. Like looking at a acid dripping down, move closer to it, and you will hear it!
The scariest part of the game is, you suddenly see unexpected flashes, which will totally freak and and wrost of all...YOU GET TO JOURNEY THROUGH HELL IT SELF! I mean Hell...with demons and stuff
Weapons are cool so are the cool looking demons and boss. The online is good but weak, it is better to play co-op instead! Cooperative mode for the campaine single player mission, in co-op things get really actiony than the single player.

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 3eyedrazorback

I recommend you get this games

Unreal Championship: plays just like UT2003, if you can't play the ut2003 (pc version) this is your choice!. Also the online plays good! But sadly the game isn't really good compare to UT2003 and not many people play vai system link or Xbox live.
I say you should get it:

Unreal Championship2: Liandri Conflict: If you don't have this game, you are truley missing out, the adrenaline rush and full pack action. You play either in third person mode or first person. NOTE THAT you have to use both for tactics. Third Person mode is basically melee attack also lets you see a bigger view aswell as using weapons. While First Person, you can only use weapon. You can perform cool adrenaline skills, each character has his/her own unique skills, also perform some great acrobatic moves. The game as lots of gameplay like Team Deathmatch, Overdose all cool. If you prefer single player, this single player will keep you going for days!
Sadly, less people are playing this game on xboxlive, but the less people are getting too good. You have people who are still playing this game since it came out, this give you a bigger challenege for you!

Spartan: Total Warrior: if you like hack n slash, devil may cry style, samurai 20xx style. They you should get this sweet violence game! You play with a cool guy, the more you kill, Ares will cheer you up and it feels good. You get to pull out different combo and moves. Although they are repitative, but it doesn't get repitetive when enemies surround you. The game is also funny, with the weak voice acting and when enemies die (buring with flames). The visual effect is just great! Cool boss battles.
Some unlocks for you. Also not only using weapons, you can use tactics, like explosive barrels and even shooting machines to kill.
No 2 player which is the sad thing, but you can play challenging Arean mode and replay single player missions.

Shemue 2: First of all, if you want a better realistic game than GTA: San Adrensea. I suggest you get this. It's a RPS Adventure. You view in a Third Person mode. The graphics is great especially on xbox (although its originality is on Dreamcast) but xbox graphics makes it great. You can change the camera's colour from serpia to black and white, even take screenshot at any part of the game and sort them. I mean any part of the game, the whole game even fmv's and cutscenes. The best thing about this game is the sweet QTA: Quick Time Action. Cutscene will be playing, suddenly something happens, and the game requires you to press some buttons on the pad. Trust me, when I say realistic game, I do mean REALITY! However this game is set in 1980's. In reality you can:
go to super markets and buy stuff
go to fortune tellers, to tell your life
play games at the arcade
look for jobs and even work for part time
time moves real, from day to night, and also with the clock!
talk to anybody
train at open free space
Just think of all the reality things you can do in 1980 and it is captured in this sweet game!
In Shenmue 1 for Dreamcast, you can connect to the internet. Unfortunately, this game features no online, not even for xbox live. But the good thing is: it as some feature lenght cutscenes off Shenmue 1 and your collection of galleries. Oh yea you can play some mini game that you have progress through the game.

d00m 3: if you are truely looking for a scary game, I mean scary game not like Resident Evil. But a sary game like Forbiden Siren and Fatal Frame. Also if you wanna try something new and play it on a First Person Shooter. I sugges you should get this game!. The graphic is good, full shadow shaded graphics! This is the evolution engine where Quake 4 got it's graphic's from. The game plays like classic d00m, but more advance changes. The game is just scary! The sound effect is really good, each thing you see in the game as it's own sound effect. Like looking at a acid dripping down, move closer to it, and you will hear it!
The scariest part of the game is, you suddenly see unexpected flashes, which will totally freak and and wrost of all...YOU GET TO JOURNEY THROUGH HELL IT SELF! I mean Hell...with demons and stuff
Weapons are cool so are the cool looking demons and boss. The online is good but weak, it is better to play co-op instead! Cooperative mode for the campaine single player mission, in co-op things get really actiony than the single player.

xeno

not a bad list

mrrossdude69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 mrrossdude69er
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
mrrossdude69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mrrossdude69er
yeah definetely get half life 2 on pc it is fantastic
mrrossdude69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 mrrossdude69er

nah doom 3 sucked ass

the graphics werent as good as everyone sed and ive got a top of the range pc so i had it on full quality

EvanO_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 EvanO_O
Member since 2004 • 1424 Posts

Guys, I'm at a brick wall here.

I've got 20 bucks, xbox live, an Ebay account and 3 game choices looming in my head.

Far Cry Instincts

Ninja Gaiden Black

Burnout Revenge

What would you reccomend I get first, second and third?

kezlehan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kezlehan
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

Guys, I'm at a brick wall here.

I've got 20 bucks, xbox live, an Ebay account and 3 game choices looming in my head.

Far Cry Instincts

Ninja Gaiden Black

Burnout Revenge

What would you reccomend I get first, second and third?

EvanO_O

In the order you've writtten them.

Far Cry Instincts

Ninja Gaiden Black

Burnout Revenge

anamnawshad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 anamnawshad
Member since 2003 • 5067 Posts
If u wanna play Live then buy Far Cry: Instincts. If u play single player then Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the best games for Xbox! :D
EvanO_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 EvanO_O
Member since 2004 • 1424 Posts

If u wanna play Live then buy Far Cry: Instincts. If u play single player then Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the best games for Xbox! :D anamnawshad

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Well, I'll just go for Far Cry first and then Ninja Gaiden. I was also considering to give Unreal Championship 2 a try.8)

Freaky27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Freaky27
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
Is Driv3r worth buying??????????????????????
soulofaqua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 soulofaqua
Member since 2006 • 2475 Posts
No Freaky27, it is a shame on the original game. Trying to be like GTA while it had a great game play, made it f*cked up
Juanaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Juanaldo

Nice JOB!!!!  Best Games: Ninja Gaiden Black      Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

NFS Most wanted    Halo 1, 2         Far cry      Fable The Lost Chapters 

Best Footbal Game : Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Best tennis game: Top Spin

I liked too much mortal kombat shaolin monks ,  The Godfather , Riddick

I didn't Like Panzer Dragon orta

wisemoeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 wisemoeron
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
If you want a good multiplayer game, farcry instincts: evolution is the way to go, it has good weapons and vehicles, amzing maps, and best of all the ability to create your own maps
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
I think Ninja gaiden needs to be in the top 5 of that list...especially "Black" for those who have probably conquered the original x-box version., but that is just my opinion.
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#248 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

I think Ninja gaiden needs to be in the top 5 of that list...especially "Black" for those who have probably conquered the original x-box version., but that is just my opinion.verbalfilth

I played Ninja Gaiden but haven't played black yet

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]I think Ninja gaiden needs to be in the top 5 of that list...especially "Black" for those who have probably conquered the original x-box version., but that is just my opinion.SSBMFighter

I played Ninja Gaiden but haven't played black yet

If you liked the original X-box version you will definately like Black...its simply just an add on with more weapons, enemies and higher set of difficulties and other related add-ons, It was worth adding to my collection (thats my taste) but yeah, I would definately recomend it if you were a fan. It gives it a good replay value too. =)

Hell, we are at gamespot, you should go check out trailers on it if we have any and judge for yourself.

Have fun man.

-Verb-