Official Nintendo Wii Hidden Gem discussion thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PresidentKing
Member since 2012 • 215 Posts
With the Wii u out, gen 8 has started, and also adding the fact Nintendo officially announced no more Wii games or support, and that the originals are no longer in production(and gamespot rules which have stated it is now gen 8.) let's go back and put some redeem into the terrible Wii's library. The Wii's library may have been a tad, off, but there are tons of hidden gems that nobody even bothered picking up on shelves or even posted videos about unlike systems such as Gamecube, Saturn, Jag, etc. Let's go over the great games that were forgotten by people in the mainstream never even saw past games like Wii Fit: To start, the first game to really actually use the Wii's graphical power in color, the actual speaker on the Wii remotes, and was the first in depth game (20+ hours) for the system:  A action adventure game with tons of content and a post apocalyptic plot.ALSO IN THIS THREAD We can also talk about underrated Wiiware and Virtual Console prices to get the new kids in gaming a look at gamings past. Things like: 1.Warioware 2.Megaman 9 and 10 3.Bomberman Blast 4.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 5.Let's Tap and so many MOREALSO that can be discussed in this thread We can talk about third-party Wii peripherals!! Like a few that I have used or had someone use: Mario Kart INFLATABLE CONTROLLER!! Which put the Wii steering Wheel in a postion on a inflatable car which provided more fun with Mario Kart Wii. and... NYKO WING 3Party CONTROLLER GAMEPAD!(can replace Wiimote) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So let's get started, let's talk about all the great non-mainstream things about the Wii now that its legacy is finished and no longer is mainstream media damaging its image! (C)Presidentking, king of presidents in a dictatorship capitalist democracy
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Unfortunatley, we can't discuss the Wii yet, Shemue made a thread the other day and it got locked, this one will probably get the same treatment.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Just an fyi, Gamespot will be locking this thread soon because Wii games are still supposed to be discussed in the Wii and Wii U forum. This happened to me the other day when I tried discussing the Wii. Sorry.

But until it does, here are some hidden gems I've played/own on the console:

-Elebits

-Klonoa

-Ultimate Shooting Collection

-LA Machingun/NY Gunblade collection

-Murasmasa

-Castle Shikigami III

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I did like the Ulimate Shooter Collection for the Wii. A Shoot them Up trio of games, One of which is The Gamecube game. Chaos Field.

The Wii is a Legacy Console now. Nintendo is not making any more games for the Wii. Third parties may keep releasing "Throw a way" casual games. For the next year. I would expect only 10-12 games tops in 2013. Complete Throw-away" Mini game collections, Dancing games, Maybe sports and some kids games. But the Wii is all done. for all intents and purposes. Wii is still in production? Nintendo is not making any more games, or they have not said so?

The Wii has died at the end of 2011.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shenmue_Jehuty

I did like the Ulimate Shooter Collection for the Wii. A Shoot them Up trio of games, One of which is The Gamecube game. Chaos Field.

The Wii is a Legacy Console now. Nintendo is not making any more games for the Wii. Third parties may keep releasing "Throw a way" casual games. For the next year. I would expect only 10-12 games tops in 2013. Complete Throw-away" Mini game collections, Dancing games, Maybe sports and some kids games. But the Wii is all done. for all intents and purposes. Wii is still in production? Nintendo is not making any more games, or they have not said so?

Megavideogamer

I agree that for the most part we will see mostly throw away games for the next year or two, but towards the end of a console's life some of its best games come out from time to time. I'm hoping this is true about the Wii. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to building my Wii collection once the prices of the games plummet in a year or two.

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PresidentKing

[QUOTE="Megavideogamer"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I agree that for the most part we will see mostly throw away games for the next year or two, but towards the end of a console's life some of its best games come out from time to time. I'm hoping this is true about the Wii. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to building my Wii collection once the prices of the games plummet in a year or two.

Actually nintendo announced no more games. There's also no more support outside like the 2 games that were scheduled before the announcement. Too many underrated overshadowed gems.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="Megavideogamer"]

PresidentKing

Actually nintendo announced no more games. There's also no more support outside like the 2 games that were scheduled before the announcement. Too many underrated overshadowed gems.

Can you post a link confirming that? It just sounds a little premature given the WiiU just came out and I doubt Nintendo would totally abandon their golden goose over the past several years because of a system that has not been put to the test in terms of how popular it is among consumers.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

+1 for Fragile Dreams!
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Ivy the Kiwi?
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
Batman: The Brave and the Bold

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PresidentKing

[QUOTE="PresidentKing"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Can you post a link confirming that? It just sounds a little premature given the WiiU just came out and I doubt Nintendo would totally abandon their golden goose over the past several years because of a system that has not been put to the test in terms of how popular it is among consumers.

It's all over this sits. Also the goose died 2 years ago nin can't even gain significant sales outside Japan anymore. Or is this the only place u go to on gs? It's all over the site and other forums but ill find the link.
PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PresidentKing

+1 for Fragile Dreams!
Ivy the Kiwi?

skooks
I think you mean star successor.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="PresidentKing"] Actually nintendo announced no more games. There's also no more support outside like the 2 games that were scheduled before the announcement. Too many underrated overshadowed gems.PresidentKing

It's all over this sits. Also the goose died 2 years ago nin can't even gain significant sales outside Japan anymore. Or is this the only place u go to on gs? It's all over the site and other forums but ill find the link.

I'll look around for it then.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

no more heroes

no-more-heroes.jpg

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skooks
[QUOTE="skooks"]

+1 for Fragile Dreams!
Ivy the Kiwi?

PresidentKing

I think I mean Successor of the Skies, which it's what it's called in Europe, where I live.
PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PresidentKing
[QUOTE="PresidentKing"][QUOTE="skooks"]

+1 for Fragile Dreams!
Ivy the Kiwi?

skooks

I think I mean Successor of the Skies, which it's what it's called in Europe, where I live.

Listed as Starsuccesor in palgn but ok.
PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PresidentKing

no more heroes

no-more-heroes.jpg

KBFloYd
Ehhhhhh, it was ok. But not really "hidden" gem like.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skooks

[QUOTE="skooks"][QUOTE="PresidentKing"] I think you mean star successor.PresidentKing

Listed as Starsuccesor in palgn but ok.

Would you like a picture of the front cover?

Front-2.jpg

Notice the big PAL sign at the bottom.