Nintendo IP UNLIKELY to be Given Musou Treatment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#1 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

So ... you may recall this thread which I made.

That said, after thinking things through, I believe that just about every Nintendo IP that may have a theme of violent conflict (even if it's just bopping someone on the head) can be turned into a Musou game.

Which Ninty IP do you think couldn't possibly be turned into a Musou game without being completely off-kilter and unpleasantly irreverent?

Animal Crossing is very unlikely to be given Musou treatment - just look at this. HOW can this be done?
Animal Crossing is very unlikely to be given Musou treatment - just look at this. HOW can this be done?

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

Nintendo's IP that works as musou (in my opinion): Zelda, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Kid Ikarus, Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Golden Sun.

and for those that won't works well: Animal Crossing, F Zero, Pikmin, Earthbound, Star Fox,

Despite I mentioned Metroid and Kid Icarus on the ones the will work, the major problem for them will be the lack of characters. Many of the more known characters are giant bosses like Ridley. It not like Mario and Pokemon that have huge roster from too many games to count. And while Fire Emblem don't have that many games compred to Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, each game has huge roster of characters, so Fire Emblem still works.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gelugon_baat

@yammireckorrdsan: If Pokémon is to be given the Musou treatment, some of the Pokémon would have to be denigrated to mook status.

This is the main obstacle in applying the Musou treatment. I can imagine that some people over at Koei-Tecmo/Tecmo-Koei would be pissed over having a Pokémon that they like being cloned into cannon fodder.

It's not an insurmountable obstacle for the likes of Koei-Tecmo of course, considering how irreverent they are.

P.S. Do keep in mind that there has been a Koei-Tecmo game about Pokémon, namely Pokémon Conquest. Oh yes, the Sengoku Jidai would have been made more interesting with Jigglypuff putting samurai to sleep.

Of all Pokémon that Nobunaga chose...
Of all Pokémon that Nobunaga chose...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Animal Crossing would the obvious least likely candidate. I don't think that Splatoon would work all that well either.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gelugon_baat

@Archangel3371: I don't think so either. Splatoon is still a bit too new for a Musou treatment, and Musou is more about melee stuff than it is about shooting stuff.