Nintendo dumping 3D? Nintendo 2DS announced

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#51 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

No 3d features. Thank god. NINTENDO: No more gimmicks! No more motion control. No more 3d. No more touch screens. No more stylus. I want good games again -sobs-

Shmiity
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

No 3d features. Thank god. NINTENDO: No more gimmicks! No more motion control. No more 3d. No more touch screens. No more stylus. I want good games again -sobs-

Shmiity
I like touch screens
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Black_Knight_00
Here's explained why it doesn't have the clamshell design: the two screens are actually a single big touch screen with a plastic bar in the middle and a glass panel preventing the top one from being tapped with the stylus. This means that modders could theoretically replace the glass with plastic, allowing both screen to be used for touch controls in homebrew applications. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/426909/nintendo-2ds-dual-displays-actually-one-large-touchscreen/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Black_Knight_00
On the other hand it has a shittier battery and mono sound instead of stereo. Man this is crap.
luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

LOL!

Seriously, why doesn't Nintendo have any good ideas anymore?

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Only Nintendo could see the logic in thinking that in order to remove 3D from a device, they also had to make it ugly, ungainly, and unpractical as well. Why not just *GASP!* remove the 3D from the existing 3DS and call it a day? 

Of course, that would make too much sense. Seems to be the modus operandi of the company these days. 

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

For 3DS owners, how often do you use the 3D? This seems like it could be worth picking up.

edit: Weird.  Just noticed it isn't a clamshell design.  That makes for one ugly device.

rragnaar
i keep it off on mine. i had it on a couple times and said "yep, thats a thing", then turned it off. tends to give me a headache, anyways.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
what i don't get is why the F do they not make it foldable? no one's gonna buy it like that. its not a PORTABLE system this way.
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

I dunno, I just instantly assumed from the design that they were targetting the tablet market, yet everyone is instantly jumping on the whole "it's made for kids" thing. I guess I just don't see that? :?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#60 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I dunno, I just instantly assumed from the design that they were targetting the tablet market, yet everyone is instantly jumping on the whole "it's made for kids" thing. I guess I just don't see that? :?TGM_basic

It's the lack of 3D that suggests that. Kids are the only ones who can potentially be harmed by the presence of 3D, so this model no doubt exists to convince any parents holding off on buying a 3DS that they don't have to worry about their children's eyes being harmed. The existance of the 2DS is pointless, otherwise, save for the price.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

[QUOTE="TGM_basic"]I dunno, I just instantly assumed from the design that they were targetting the tablet market, yet everyone is instantly jumping on the whole "it's made for kids" thing. I guess I just don't see that? :?c_rake

It's the lack of 3D that suggests that. Kids are the only ones who can potentially be harmed by the presence of 3D, so this model no doubt exists to convince any parents holding off on buying a 3DS that they don't have to worry about their children's eyes being harmed. The existance of the 2DS is pointless, otherwise, save for the price.

But if the removal of 3D brings the price down as much as it does, then I can totally see their reasoning for releasing this from a business standpoint, regardless of any supposed 3D implications for kids. Hell, I'm more likely to buy a 2DS than I EVER would a 3DS...

luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts
I'm just wondering why Nintendo is becoming so self destructive. That handheld looks like something from the 80's. I thought we were suppose to be progressing. RimacBugatti
Right? It's like they're intentionally trying to scare away customers with these hideous devices and terrible ideas.. I think they may be planning something big... Everyone be aware! This 2ds thing is a front!! Obviously joking around, but still xP
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Anyone know if the screen is 3DS size or 3DS xl size?  If its the XL size then maybe i'll get one.  

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Dunno if this has been posted yet. It should give some clarification on Nintendo's handheld business strategy.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Oh, and also

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

For 3DS owners, how often do you use the 3D? This seems like it could be worth picking up.

edit: Weird.  Just noticed it isn't a clamshell design.  That makes for one ugly device.

rragnaar
I play mostly in 3D. I'm what the old western novels often refer to as 'wall-eyed.' Watching movies and games in 3D is about the only exercise I get in keeping my eyes focussed together. In that way, my 3DS is slowing the rate at which I'm going blind in one eye. Beyond that, I'm concerned that this is going to usher in an era of 3DS games designed with no 3D function.
Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 Barujin
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

I just noticed that the 3DS XL does not come with a power adapter. WTF? I realize that this is old news, but I wasn't aware of it before.

EDIT: North America got the power adapter included, but they're the only ones. Thank you Nintendo of America for doing something.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#68 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Not surprising. People really don't care about 3D. Even 3D-capable TVs isn't a huge selling point, since consumers have seemed not to care.

Avatar image for DragonHuntress7
DragonHuntress7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 DragonHuntress7
Member since 2013 • 138 Posts

What was the point of making this thing? You can just turn the 3D effect on the 3DS off if you like. It's basically a handheld with an identity crisis; it has no idea if its a regular DS or a 3DS. EnoshimaJunko

Nintendo wat r u doing?! Staaaahp.Â