Nintendo Conference Fall 2007 - Strategy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Thanks to a comment made by JordanElek I watched the Nintendo Conference Fall 2007 keynote. You can find the full link, translated to english, here. With all the announcements and video trailers at the end you might not remember the *boring* stuff at the front when Nintendo explained their marketing campaign. But now that I have heard it from the actual source at nintendo it changed my views on the subject quite a bit from what I have been reading about in the forums. This whole time I thought Nintendo's goal was to take back the market share from Microsoft and Sony when really their goal is to open an entire new one altogether. Rather than try to win back the elite, talented, experienced (a bad use of the word 'hardcore' comes to mind) gamer, their goal is to open gaming as an acceptable practice to all. Try and make games that will increase a respect between the novice and the experienced and even get them to play together! Wow, talk about a lofty goal. In a gaming world where it seems you have to experience less and less variety to become elite at the genre or deeply enjoy the games you play, I kind of like Nintendo's point of view. But I can see why those that love the depth and complexity are feeling Nintendo is abandoning them. I also like their focus on making sure it is not a fad. Get people in and get them to improve... turn more people into experienced gamers. This can only be good for the industry... What are your thoughts on their strategic marketing plans and goals?
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
There's kinda already a 10 page thread on this already, where we have this link already. :P