TipsyWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TipsyWizard
Member since 2016 • 34 Posts

Which game(s) did you like best, and do you believe that the new battlefront delivered?

Personally, I am very disappointed in this new battlefront. They did a complete overhaul of the game, completely changing the play style from the previous games. I enjoyed the larger scale AI fights with the older games, and the objectives. I would play against my husband for hours as we played multi-player in the larger maps, such as Hoth, Mos Eisley, and several other maps. This game has NONE of that! I had such high hopes for this game, and I was looking forward to it since I heard about it being made and now I just wish I could return it and get my money back, because I will never play it as it is.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I would say then 2nd is my favorite.

Like how new Star Wars movie does not have anything good from the old older movies, the new Star Wars Battlefront offer nothing that I enjoy from the older games

TipsyWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TipsyWizard

@wiouds:

@wiouds said:

Like how new Star Wars movie does not have anything good from the old older movies, the new Star Wars Battlefront offer nothing that I enjoy from the older games

I liked the new Star Wars movie, don't get me wrong, but I hate that they decided to completely ignore lore and just go on a different area. As someone who has not only watched all the movies but also read most of the books out there, I'm annoyed. And yes, you are right about Battlefront not offering anything from the old games. They should have just named this game something else, since technically the only thing the older games and this new one share is the Star Wars theme.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56096 Posts

I own Battlefront [2015] on PC, it ain't the best but it's only the current new star wars games to date for the time being. This game was only rush so they can get it out the door before the movie release and it was part of the hype train with Force Awakens and it was indeed a rush job. The biggest disappointments was the removal of Space Battles and no campaign.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Battlefront 2 by far for the same reasons as previously stated: single player campaign, galactic conquest, space battles, more maps, and character classes.

I will give BF 2015 credit for graphics and having a character creator of sorts.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@tipsywizard said:

@wiouds:

@wiouds said:

I liked the new Star Wars movie, don't get me wrong, but I hate that they decided to completely ignore lore and just go on a different area. As someone who has not only watched all the movies but also read most of the books out there, I'm annoyed. And yes, you are right about Battlefront not offering anything from the old games. They should have just named this game something else, since technically the only thing the older games and this new one share is the Star Wars theme.

Rant about the new Star Wars movie.

It is good if you like that movie but I did not. Taken the movie on its own, the new Star Wars movie is bad. It is the only theatrical release star movie (including the Clone Wars) that I do not like. The main characters suck. The climax was dull and make no sense. Ray... horrible female character and only truly anti-feminist would claim she is a strong female character. The rest are just bad. There is a reason I say the movie only works if 4, 5, and 6 are not cannon.

Rant is over.

We know that time from time game or other franchise need to be redone, like what they did with Transformers. The problem is they took away the what large number elements that the fans like about that franchise.

TipsyWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TipsyWizard

@davillain-:I completely agree. I was so excited to see what the new campaign would be like and couldn't believe that there wasn't one. I literally played this game for a single day and then decided I had enough and moved on to something else.

@crimsonbrute: The graphics are beautiful, without a doubt. Too bad they essentially relied on the graphics to carry the game.

@wiouds said:
@tipsywizard said:

@wiouds:

@wiouds said:

Rant about the new Star Wars movie.

It is good if you like that movie but I did not. Taken the movie on its own, the new Star Wars movie is bad. It is the only theatrical release star movie (including the Clone Wars) that I do not like. The main characters suck. The climax was dull and make no sense. Ray... horrible female character and only truly anti-feminist would claim she is a strong female character. The rest are just bad. There is a reason I say the movie only works if 4, 5, and 6 are not cannon.

Rant is over.

We know that time from time game or other franchise need to be redone, like what they did with Transformers. The problem is they took away the what large number elements that the fans like about that franchise.

I can see where you see Ray as a weak character. I tried to put it in perspective, from the movie standpoint. A young woman with zero training, anti-social, and only knowing how to survive on her own. Her living conditions prior are the result of her behavior and actions during the movie. ( At least that is how I view it ). Potential Spoilers ahead: My husband wasn't crazy about it either because he felt that both Ray and Kylo were weak. Kylo being a sith, or at least portrayed as such, was bested by a girl who *just* learned that she was force sensitive. I tend to view it more as they were both pretty inexperienced and young. ( I still enjoyed this movie more than the last nightmarish trilogy. I cannot even force myself to watch the last 3 Star Wars movies.

They did try to reinvent Battlefront, but they got to trigger happy and removed everything that fans loved. It's sad because the game had potential. I just feel that if they feel the need to redo everything about a game, or movie, then maybe they should just leave it alone and focus on something new.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

The old one has Space battles , galactic conquest , Campaign , about 30 locations from movies . new game has none of it . its not even question .

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 coonana
Member since 2003 • 5909 Posts

2nd one, the new one is boring after 20 minutes.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

I love Star Wars, as you can probably already tell. And I have to say, that I don't get all the hate about the new Battlefront game. Sure, I would have loved a campaign too. Sure, I would have loved some more weapons. But it really is a pretty solid game. It has a pretty good amount of multiplayer modes, and is just, fun. That's all this game was ever meant to be. Fun. Let go of the old Battlefront, and just have fun. This isn't going to be the last Battlefront game. I've put around 45 hours into this game so far and I'm at level 40 out of 50. The game does have depth. Especially with the free updates coming. I just don't get it. I don't get the hate. I personally didn't like the older Battlefront games. Probably just me.

Sort of a side note here, I didn't particularly like Episode 7 at all. Finn was meh. Poe was okay. Kylo Ren was bad. Rey was definitely bad. Han Solo was pretty good. I just didn't like the characters all that much. My two biggest gripes with the new movie were: 1) It all just felt like a repeat/flashback to Episode 4. And 2) How the hell did Rey (practically first time holding a lightsaber) beat Kylo Ren (an almost completely trained "Sith")? Just doesn't make sense. At all. I hated that part. So, overall, the movie didn't absolutely suck, but it really truly wasn't that good. At all.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I play it a lot and think it's fun, flawed sure but still fun.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleStreak
@lamprey263 said:

This.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

^^^^^ Exactly and not only the MP is fun, missions are fun also.

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 GeorgeOglee
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts

Battlefront 2 has everything you could want from a Star Wars game and still holds up today, it's incredible how fun that game is from start to non-foreseeable finish. DICE's Battlefront looks the part but is about as bare-bones as that Ridge Racer launch game for Vita. Hooray for season passes!

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@raugutcon:

But its a go kart. essentially You buy a go-kart for the price of an AMG. Its fun, but you dropped 100k for it. Enjoy, but try to be a concious and responsible consumer at the same time, because as far as im concerned battlefront is the avatar of whats wrong with the gaming industry, like it or not. Its not as simple as saying "ooh its fun, screw you, its worth it!", because its not, its a very irresponsible, shallow outlook on the subject. They wanted to make money with the least possible effort, and BF is that least effort and it shows. No matter how much I might enjoy a game, I don't want to condone to underhanded practices, and I shouldn't, nobody should.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleStreak

@PETERAKO said:

@raugutcon:

But its a go kart. essentially You buy a go-kart for the price of an AMG. Its fun, but you dropped 100k for it. Enjoy, but try to be a concious and responsible consumer at the same time, because as far as im concerned battlefront is the avatar of whats wrong with the gaming industry, like it or not. Its not as simple as saying "ooh its fun, screw you, its worth it!", because its not, its a very irresponsible, shallow outlook on the subject. They wanted to make money with the least possible effort, and BF is that least effort and it shows. No matter how much I might enjoy a game, I don't want to condone to underhanded practices, and I shouldn't, nobody should.

It's a persons personal opinion if they like the game or not. Don't say other people shouldn't enjoy the game, if other people like it and you don't. That's what you are basically saying in this post.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raugutcon

@PETERAKO said:

@raugutcon:

I´m an irresponsible and shallow mother fucker that enjoys and has tons of fun playing shallow and irresponsible games like Battlefront or Titanfall.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PETERAKO

@battlestreak: Im not saying they should not enjoy this game. Im saying they should do the trivial sacrifice and not buy it. I never bought rayman legends, driver san francissco, or anno 2070, all games that I found to be great and wanted them for myself, but I said "screw it". If im to give my money to ubisoft only to encourage broken games/services and shit bussiness, then no, I will rather not buy a game even if I like it. There are people who might like battlefront now, but what happens if the next game goes even lower, will they like it then? Will they pay 100 bucks for half what was in battlefront?

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BattleStreak

@PETERAKO: You just contradicted yourself.

"Im not saying they should not enjoy this game"

"Im saying they should do the trivial sacrifice and not buy it"

"There are people who might like battlefront now, but what happens if the next game goes even lower, will they like it then?"

In reply to the last quote, that's the next game. People can enjoy the game we have now. For example, you don't say, "oh well consoles won't be around 25 years from now", so I'm switching to PC gaming or quitting gaming now!

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PETERAKO

@battlestreak:

sacrificing something you may like doesn't sound like a contradiction.

As for your second point, the next battlefront is not 25 years away and its not at all like that. You don't buy BF because the next one will be crap. You don't buy it so it wont become crap

Let me make it simple. People buy battlefront, EA makes money.

EA makes money on a game that:

1)was promoted to people who wouldn't like it(I be damned if EA didn't knew we wouldn't)

2)its bare bones(as in very little content maps/weapons/heroes)

3)gave OP equipment to people who paid more(a motherload more) 50 hours of gameplay earlier.

4)Can be used in game design schools as an example of how not to design a game(spawn killing, OP heroes, unbalances gallore)

5)Has payware maps, something that tends to divide the community(some buy them, others don't)

6)Its too expensive.

If this game becomes a hit, then it encourages EA to push the limits even more. Next game has less stuff in it, those early bonuses become exclusive bonuses, and basically EA tries to get away with as much as she can. She gets away with enough shit with battlefront as it is. Its not much different with how microtransaction got shoved into fully priced games.

If Battlefront was not called battlefront and it was priced at 30 bucks tops, we would't have this conversation.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raugutcon

@PETERAKO: it's heavily discounted this weekend at Xbl so you can purchase it and cease the conversation.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleStreak

@PETERAKO: That's where you go wrong, I think. This game was never meant to touch the "hardcore" audience with piles of content and whatever. This game was meant for casuals, just to have fun. To have a good time. Should the game be more like $40? Sure. Could there be more weapons? Absolutely. But the game is fun, whether it has tons of content or not. If you want a game with more content, a campaign, etc., then go play the previous two Battlefronts.

What is it with you people? Whether it be anti-EA, anti-Ubisoft, anti-anything DLC, ant-Battlefront, anything. Why can't you just leave people alone who enjoy the game, and go play something else.