NES Vs. Gameboy Color, which do you think is superior?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
I have always said that the Gameboy Color was what the NES should have been. But now, I have to change by stance, now I think that the Gameboy color is what the NES should have been. It has the better library, the greater quality, that feel of control, the same basic controls but tighter. The Gameboy already had a better library to me, but that was in black and white, with lesser sound, but close. With the Gameboy Color, and Gameboy games that support the full color mode of the Gameboy color, have proven me true. Some of the best games for the Gameboy Color in no order A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I.  J. K. L. M. N. O. P. Q. Yeah I think that is enough. Pictures came from google so some might be outdated or broken. But this is a opinion based thread, and i know some of you like the NES more for some reason.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
I bought the gameboy color only a few months after it launched and I gotta say, the system is pretty mediocre, there's only like 20 good exclusives for it. with that said, you left out my favourite gameboy color game: Heroes of Might and Magic 2, spent more time playing that game then I did any of the zelda games
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

NES

graphics on the gameboy color suck and you cant even see the screen unless your oustide.

gameboy color games played on a GBA-front lit or backlit- is a better threat to the NES.

chenzo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 chenzo22
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
um, its not even a question for me or even close as to which system is better. its the nes hands down! world wide classic popular titles such as mega man series, castlevania series, and mario 3 is still a sought after played game as a d/l title.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StatusShuffle

NES

graphics on the gameboy color suck and you cant even see the screen unless your oustide.

gameboy color games played on a GBA-front lit or backlit- is a better threat to the NES.

KBFloYd
There's a Gameboy light. That has a light in it. Not to mention a cheap add-on that does the same. Graphics on GBA are more advanced than the NES, nearer around Master levels. But if you like the games more I could understand that.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

NES is superior for sure. The fact that it uses an actual T.V. makes it better: Bigger screen, backlit screen, and better sound. The bigger screen also makes for better visuals, since you see stuff better, too. I'm not sure what sound chip either uses or which is better because I'm not a specs guy, but my ears work and they tell me that NES games sound better, as well.

As for the game library, PLEASE. You're actually trying to say than the Game Boy Color has a better game library than the NES? Seriously? The sheer number of NES games vs. Game Boy Color games just makes that highly unprobable to begin with. The Game Boy Color didn't have a very long lifespan, really, and it didn't have a ton of games released for it like the original Game Boy before it and the Gameboy Advance after it. I mean I guess if you include original Game Boy games in your game count with Game Boy Color games, then the numbers are more even, but original Game Boy games don't compare to NES games. Most of them are ports of NES games that take a lot of cuts to be able to run on the original Game Boy.

Here's a comparison of good Game Boy Color games vs. good NES Games:

Game Boy Color:

1. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
  2. Bionic Commando: Elite Forces
  3. Commander Keen
  4. Crystalis
  5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
  8. Mega Man Xtreme
  9. Mega Man Xtreme 2
  10. R-Type DX
  11. Resident Evil: Gaiden
  12. Super Mario Deluxe
  13. Tetris DX
  14. Wario Land 2

And 3 of those are NES ports, which gives more credit to the NES. Now, for the NES list:

NES:

1. Batman
  2. Bionic Commando
  3. Castlevania
  4. Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  5. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  6. Contra
  7. Crystalis
  8. Double Dragon
  9. Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  10. Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
  11. Dr. Mario
  12. DuckTales
  13. DuckTales 2
  14. Gradius
  15. Kid Icarus
  16. The Legend of Zelda
  17. Life Force
  18. Mega Man
  19. Mega Man 2
  20. Mega Man 3
  21. Mega Man 4
  22. Mega Man 5
  23. Mega Man 6
  24. Metroid
  25. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
  26. Super C (Contra 2)
  27. Super Mario Bros.
  28. Super Mario Bros. 2
  29. Super Mario Bros. 3
  30. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
  31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
  32. Tetris
  33. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

I could continue with the NES list, but I think you get the point.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Gameboy color is a great console. Love the sound processor in there. Full gb library compatibility and the unit is built like a tank, both of which I'm a huge fan of. Wasn't there a backlit one? I SWEAR that there was. But, NES had multiplayer.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#8 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Don't even see this as a comparison. NES by far. Took forever for the GBC to get a killer app, and its list of great exclusives isn't all that impressive.
Avatar image for Sportyfamilycar
Sportyfamilycar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sportyfamilycar
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

I received a GameBoy Color as a birthday present pretty early in its life. I had fun with Pokemon blue, pokemon rumble, various zelda titles, tony hawk, wario land 3, super mario bros, resident evil gaiden (underrated!!!!!), and I had a few other games I played....but... the GB Color was old technology to me. If you ever played a Game Gear or Nomad sometime before the Gameboy Color...well...you felt let down. Heck even the Gameboy Advance wasn't advance enough for me. Sega always had the better handhelds, IMO. Gameboy always had the better lineups though for the mainstream.

Now...as for NES vs GBC......NES hands down. Not only for nostalgia but because it truly had better games and classics IMO.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

NES was a beast.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

I bought the gameboy color only a few months after it launched and I gotta say, the system is pretty mediocre, there's only like 20 good exclusives for it. with that said, you left out my favourite gameboy color game: Heroes of Might and Magic 2, spent more time playing that game then I did any of the zelda gamesrilpas

Only 20? That made me laugh, cause anything below say 50 is considered a failure?

And thats just exclusives.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]I bought the gameboy color only a few months after it launched and I gotta say, the system is pretty mediocre, there's only like 20 good exclusives for it. with that said, you left out my favourite gameboy color game: Heroes of Might and Magic 2, spent more time playing that game then I did any of the zelda gameswildcat2000

Only 20? That made me laugh, cause anything below say 50 is considered a failure?

And thats just exclusives.

reading is fun

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#13 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
The Gameboy Colour had Pokemon. So, I vote for it :D
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#14 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Gameboy color is a great console. Love the sound processor in there. Full gb library compatibility and the unit is built like a tank, both of which I'm a huge fan of. Wasn't there a backlit one? I SWEAR that there was. But, NES had multiplayer.Heirren

There is something called a Game Boy Light which is a backlit version of the original Game Boy released only in Japan. Otherwise, you needed to wait until the original GBA-SP for a frontlit screen to play GBC games on. To be fair though, I find the dark GBC screen can actually be easier on the eyes in many common playing situations than the washed out backlit color screens of a Game Gear, for example.

In any case, I am a huge fan of Game Boy Color but I play the games on my GBA-SP (backlit model) or the GBA player on my GameCube and don't even own an atual GBC. GB/GBC has my favorite sounding sound chip of all 8-bit consoles and if you play the games on the GBA player, they have graphics easily as good and better than the NES. NES has a bigger library but there is nothing to complain about in GBCs library. All three GBC Zelda games, for example, are better than either of the two Zelda games on NES.

GunBladeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GunBladeHero
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

GBC for sure, never was much of a fan of the NES except for Mario Bros and Zelda 1 and 2.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Technically? The GBC. It had a 8 Mhz CPU (NES 1.8 Mhz) and up to 59 colors on screen (from 32 thousand - NES 48). Altho it was basically just a GB with colors (hence the name).

Game-wise, I like the NES better altho the GBC Zeldas (DX and both Oracle games) are arguably better than the NES Zeldas. And there's also games like Pokemon, MGS (much better than NES' MG), Wario Land 3, ect.

It's also backwards compatible with all GB games and can give them some color.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I received a GameBoy Color as a birthday present pretty early in its life. I had fun with Pokemon blue, pokemon rumble, various zelda titles, tony hawk, wario land 3, super mario bros, resident evil gaiden (underrated!!!!!), and I had a few other games I played....but... the GB Color was old technology to me. If you ever played a Game Gear or Nomad sometime before the Gameboy Color...well...you felt let down. Heck even the Gameboy Advance wasn't advance enough for me. Sega always had the better handhelds, IMO. Gameboy always had the better lineups though for the mainstream.

Sportyfamilycar

The interesting thing is that they had a 32-bit Game Boy prototype in 1996 but GBC was released in 1998 and was just a GB with colors (thus 8-bit).

Maybe a 32-bit handheld system would be too expensive for the time but on the other hand they released the Virtual Boy in 1995 and that was 32-bit too.

Perhaps scraping the V-Boy and making a handheld out of it (with colors, of course - V-Boy could display just red and black) would have been a good idea.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emerald_Warrior

Maybe a 32-bit handheld system would be too expensive for the time

nameless12345

It's because Nintendo was still making plenty of money off of the Game Boy. If you were Nintendo why would you put money into a new system when you're already making plenty of money off of something that's much cheaper to produce?

Judgement-Law

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Judgement-Law
Member since 2012 • 300 Posts

NES is superior for sure. The fact that it uses an actual T.V. makes it better: Bigger screen, backlit screen, and better sound. The bigger screen also makes for better visuals, since you see stuff better, too. I'm not sure what sound chip either uses or which is better because I'm not a specs guy, but my ears work and they tell me that NES games sound better, as well.

As for the game library, PLEASE. You're actually trying to say than the Game Boy Color has a better game library than the NES? Seriously? The sheer number of NES games vs. Game Boy Color games just makes that highly unprobable to begin with. The Game Boy Color didn't have a very long lifespan, really, and it didn't have a ton of games released for it like the original Game Boy before it and the Gameboy Advance after it. I mean I guess if you include original Game Boy games in your game count with Game Boy Color games, then the numbers are more even, but original Game Boy games don't compare to NES games. Most of them are ports of NES games that take a lot of cuts to be able to run on the original Game Boy.

Game Boy Color:

Batman Beyond: Return of the JokerBionic Commando: Elite ForcesCommander KeenCrystalisThe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DXThe Legend of Zelda: Oracle of AgesThe Legend of Zelda: Oracle of SeasonsMega Man XtremeMega Man Xtreme 2R-Type DXResident Evil: GaidenSuper Mario DeluxeTetris DXWario Land 2

And 3 of those are NES ports, which gives more credit to the NES. Now, for the NES list:

NES:

BatmanBionic CommandoCastlevaniaCastlevania II: Simon's QuestCastlevania III: Dracula's CurseContraCrystalisDouble DragonDouble Dragon II: The RevengeDouble Dragon III: The Sacred StonesDr. MarioDuckTalesDuckTales 2GradiusKid IcarusThe Legend of ZeldaLife ForceMega ManMega Man 2Mega Man 3Mega Man 4Mega Man 5Mega Man 6MetroidMike Tyson's Punch-OutSuper C (Contra 2)Super Mario Bros.Super Mario Bros. 2Super Mario Bros. 3Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade GameTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan ProjectTetrisZelda II: The Adventure of Link

Emerald_Warrior
That is a biased list, but I agree with you, the NES was better. Although you could play GBC on the TV, but unlike the GBA the games were stretched and glitches in visuals in sound would occur. GBC was only good for remakes of games like Crystalis and Dragonwarrior 3 IMO. Wasn't the Gameboy actually just a Gameboy with color as well? Thy don't think Nintendo put out serious hardware until the GBA. You forgot Metroid on your list just mentioning. GBC had no Metroid.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Game Boy Color:

Batman Beyond: Return of the JokerBionic Commando: Elite ForcesCommander KeenCrystalisThe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DXThe Legend of Zelda: Oracle of AgesThe Legend of Zelda: Oracle of SeasonsMega Man XtremeMega Man Xtreme 2R-Type DXResident Evil: GaidenSuper Mario DeluxeTetris DXWario Land 2

NES:

BatmanBionic CommandoCastlevaniaCastlevania II: Simon's QuestCastlevania III: Dracula's CurseContraCrystalisDouble DragonDouble Dragon II: The RevengeDouble Dragon III: The Sacred StonesDr. MarioDuckTalesDuckTales 2GradiusKid IcarusThe Legend of ZeldaLife ForceMega ManMega Man 2Mega Man 3Mega Man 4Mega Man 5Mega Man 6MetroidMike Tyson's Punch-OutSuper C (Contra 2)Super Mario Bros.Super Mario Bros. 2Super Mario Bros. 3Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade GameTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan ProjectTetrisZelda II: The Adventure of Link

Judgement-Law

That is a biased list, but I agree with you, the NES was better. Although you could play GBC on the TV, but unlike the GBA the games were stretched and glitches in visuals in sound would occur. GBC was only good for remakes of games like Crystalis and Dragonwarrior 3 IMO. Wasn't the Gameboy actually just a Gameboy with color as well? Thy don't think Nintendo put out serious hardware until the GBA. You forgot Metroid on your list just mentioning. GBC had no Metroid.

What's biased about the list? That there's more good NES games? That was my point. I left out Pokemon and other JRPGs because I don't play them, but on the same token I didn't include them in my NES list either.

And I did include Metroid, look again.

Judgement-Law

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Judgement-Law
Member since 2012 • 300 Posts

[QUOTE="Judgement-Law"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Game Boy Color:

NES:

Emerald_Warrior

What's biased about the list? That there's more good NES games? That was my point. I left out Pokemon and other JRPGs because I don't play them, but on the same token I didn't include them in my NES list either.

And I did include Metroid, look again.

Oh, you did. As thy said, GBC has no Metroid. Or Games in general, only 70 or so wasn't it?
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"][QUOTE="rilpas"]I bought the gameboy color only a few months after it launched and I gotta say, the system is pretty mediocre, there's only like 20 good exclusives for it. with that said, you left out my favourite gameboy color game: Heroes of Might and Magic 2, spent more time playing that game then I did any of the zelda gamesrilpas
Only 20? That made me laugh, cause anything below say 50 is considered a failure?And thats just exclusives.

reading is fun

What? I didnt misread anything. Just found it funny that 20 good exclusives was somehow a bad ratio.

If any console has 15+ quality exclusives that would be great.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="wildcat2000"]Only 20? That made me laugh, cause anything below say 50 is considered a failure?And thats just exclusives.wildcat2000

reading is fun

What? I didnt misread anything. Just found it funny that 20 good exclusives was somehow a bad ratio.

well, if to you mediocre is the same as "failure" then I'd say we're speaking two different languages

also: no, 20 good exclusives is not a good ratio... at all

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]reading is funrilpas

well, if to you mediocre is the same as "failure" then I'd say we're speaking two different languages

I'm pretty much with rilpas. I don't feel the Game Boy Color is a "bad" system, I own one. But it wasn't a "great" system either because of the limited game library. On the other hand, I do feel that the NES was a "great" system, with a fantastic and large game library.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#25 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

NES is definitely more important historically. I don't think you can argue otherwise. As a console for just playing games on, GBC holds its own. I don't really have an interest in having my NES hooked up again and I still play GBC games fairly regularly. The one thing that GBC has over NES is you can save your progress on a lot higher percentage of GBC games and that works a lot better for me now personally. (To be fair, GBC was released thirteen years later in NA so what do you expect?)

All that said, between original GB, GBC and GBA, I play GBC games the least. It was sort of a stop-gap upgrade inbetween the very aged GB and GBA. Sort of the DSi of its day.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StatusShuffle

Game Boy Color:

NES:

Emerald_Warrior
I could continue with the GBC list as well. If you have to result using panned games and games that have superior versions on the GBC on your list than something is wrong. You can like the NES more if you want, but I believe the GBC has the clearly superior library in every way with more quality games, but I am not stopping you from playing your NES. So all is forgiven.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StatusShuffle

Game Boy Color:

NES:

Emerald_Warrior
I could continue with the GBC list as well. If you have to result using panned games and games that have superior versions on the GBC on your list than something is wrong. You can like the NES more if you want, but I believe the GBC has the clearly superior library in every way with more quality games, but I am not stopping you from playing your NES. So all is forgiven.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rilpas

Game Boy Color:

NES:

StatusShuffle

the GBC list would run out long before the NES

I do have a question though, which games are better on the GBC? other then super mario bros deluxe I can't think of anything

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

zelda-links-awakening.gif

56074-Legend_of_Zelda,_The_(USA)-4.png

GBC games had more modern programing which gave it artistically better visuals.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Game Boy Color:

NES:

rilpas

I do have a question though, which games are better on the GBC? other then super mario bros deluxe I can't think of anything

Crystalis SBDeluxe Bionic Commando Bubble Bobble Couple of Disney games Dragon Warrior 1 Dragon Warrior 2 Dragon Warrior 3 Dragons Lair Frogger Bomberman Ghosts N Goblins Klax R-type Prince of Persia Space Invaders Paper Boy Robocop Tetris and probably a few more I can't remember right now. All better than the NES versions and/or counterparts.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] I could continue with the GBC list as well. If you have to result using panned games and games that have superior versions on the GBC on your list than something is wrong. You can like the NES more if you want, but I believe the GBC has the clearly superior library in every way with more quality games, but I am not stopping you from playing your NES. So all is forgiven. StatusShuffle

Crystalis SBDeluxe Bionic Commando Bubble Bobble Couple of Disney games Dragon Warrior 1 Dragon Warrior 2 Dragon Warrior 3 Dragons Lair Frogger Bomberman Ghosts N Goblins Klax R-type Prince of Persia Space Invaders Paper Boy Robocop Tetris and probably a few more I can't remember right now. All better than the NES versions and/or counterparts.

err... nope on Bionic Comando and Crystalis, the nes versions were better imo, they looked better and ran smoother

can't speak for the Dragon Warrior games

Dragon's lair are two different games

R-type was never on the NES

the others I can't compare

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

rilpas

err... nope on Bionic Comando and Crystalis, the nes versions were better imo, they looked better and ran smoother

can't speak for the Dragon Warrior games

Dragon's lair are two different games

R-type was never on the NES

the others I can't compare

R-type was put on the NES as Magic Dragon. The Dragonlair on NES and gameboy both are not the original, the GBC one is better and more playable. IMO Crystalis and Bionic Commander run smoother and were way better with superior sound and saving and control options IMO. The others you should check out.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rilpas

R-type was put on the NES as Magic Dragon. StatusShuffle
I never knew that

The Dragonlair on NES and gameboy both are not the original, the GBC one is better and more playable. StatusShuffle
Huh.. that's not true, the NES one is a terrible sidescroller whereas the GBC is a slightly better QTE game

IMO Crystalis and Bionic Commander run smoother and were way better with superior sound and saving and control options IMO. The others you should check out.StatusShuffle

yeah I'm checking ghosts and goblins on the GBC it does look a little better on the GBC

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] I could continue with the GBC list as well. If you have to result using panned games and games that have superior versions on the GBC on your list than something is wrong. You can like the NES more if you want, but I believe the GBC has the clearly superior library in every way with more quality games, but I am not stopping you from playing your NES. So all is forgiven. StatusShuffle

Crystalis was BUTCHERED on the GBC. They changes parts of the game and ruined it. R-Type wasn't on NES, and Magic Power wasn't the same game, it was a poor rip-off of R-Type. Bionic Commando isn't the same game as the NES game, it's "Bionic Commando: Elite Forces"; and the original NES game is faaaarrrrr better than that game, I own both. The rest there I can't speak about.

But let's say I did agree with you on all of those games and I thought they were better. Even with all those games included I can guarantee you I can come up with a much longer list of great NES games than there are great GBC games. And the games on my list were universally panned? That's why many of them still have successful franchises 25 years later?

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="rilpas"]

Emerald_Warrior

Crystalis was BUTCHERED on the GBC. They changes parts of the game and ruined it. R-Type wasn't on NES, and Magic Power wasn't the same game, it was a poor rip-off of R-Type. Bionic Commando isn't the same game as the NES game, it's "Bionic Commando: Elite Forces"; and the original NES game is faaaarrrrr better than that game, I own both. The rest there I can't speak about.

But let's say I did agree with you on all of those games and I thought they were better. Even with all those games included I can guarantee you I can come up with a much longer list of great NES games than there are great GBC games. And the games on my list were universally panned? That's why many of them still have successful franchises 25 years later?

Magic Tower is a port of R-type on the NES, PERIOD. So you agree the rest of the games are indeed better than the NES Counterparts? EDIT: Oh wait, you said you can't speak for those, but at the same time it proves you made a false judgement of the GBC library without knowing much about it. I never said all the games were universally panned. I never even used the word universally, and only said some. I also said had superior version on the GBC, but we all like taking one part of ones post out of context and ignore the rest don't we? I can make a GBC list longer than a NES list, opinion are opinions. I think the GBC is better, and will say it is because it is. I believe it has a higher rated library, which it does, and i think it has more quality games. But you can attempt to disagree, and you can still play your NES. No big deal. On a side note, not all those franchises are doing well right now 25 years or so later, with 2 of them being pretty much dropped, not that had anything to do with the conversation at all and have no idea why you brought it up.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rilpas
just checked, magic tower is a pirate game, so it doesn't count
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StatusShuffle
just checked, magic tower is a pirate game, so it doesn't countrilpas
It would appear you are half correct on that. Ok, but that means the GBC has a shooter not on the NES instead of better, still adds to the list. But opinions.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Crystalis SBDeluxe Bionic Commando Bubble Bobble Couple of Disney games Dragon Warrior 1 Dragon Warrior 2 Dragon Warrior 3 Dragons Lair Frogger Bomberman Ghosts N Goblins Klax R-type Prince of Persia Space Invaders Paper Boy Robocop Tetris and probably a few more I can't remember right now. All better than the NES versions and/or counterparts.StatusShuffle

Magic Tower is a port of R-type on the NES, PERIOD. So you agree the rest of the games are indeed better than the NES Counterparts? EDIT: Oh wait, you said you can't speak for those, but at the same time it proves you made a false judgement of the GBC library without knowing much about it. I never said all the games were universally panned. I never even used the word universally, and only said some. I also said had superior version on the GBC, but we all like taking one part of ones post out of context and ignore the rest don't we? I can make a GBC list longer than a NES list, opinion are opinions. I think the GBC is better, and will say it is because it is. I believe it has a higher rated library, which it does, and i think it has more quality games. But you can attempt to disagree, and you can still play your NES. No big deal. On a side note, not all those franchises are doing well right now 25 years or so later, with 2 of them being pretty much dropped, not that had anything to do with the conversation at all and have no idea why you brought it up.

R-Type:

rtype.jpg

Magic Power:

2.gif

If you can't see that it's a bad rip-off, then you're completely blind.

And there aren't that many NES Franchises that still exist today?

• Bionic Commando
  • Castlevania
  • Donkey Kong
  • Dragon Quest/Dragon Warriors
  • Final Fantasy
  • Kid Icarus
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Mega Man
  • Metroid
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • Punch-Out
  • Super Mario Bros.

It's completely relevant because it shows that the games in the NES library were so good that they started franchises that are still loved to this day.

And why disagree? Uhh, you're the one that started this thread, which reads "NES Vs. Gameboy Color, which do you think is superior?", that's why. I think the NES is superior, not the GBC.

I still seriously doubt you can come up with a list of GBC games that are actually good bigger than a list of NES games that are actually good. I'm not saying the system is bad, but I am saying the library is limited in comparison to the NES library. I'll give it a real shot and not hold back this time:

1. 1942
  2. 1943: The Battle of Midway
  3. Adventure Island
  4. Adventure Island II
  5. Adventure Island III
  6. The Adventures of Lolo
  7. The Adventures of Lolo II
  8. The Adventures of Lolo III
  9. Arkanoid
  10. Batman
  11. Batman Returns
  12. The Battle of Olympus
  13. Battletoads
  14. Bomberman
  15. Bionic Commando
  16. Bucky O' Hare
  17. Castlevania (I REALLY enjoyed Castlevania II, but for the sake of this list I'll leave it off since I know most people didn't like it)
  18. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  19. Contra
  20. Crystalis
  21. Donkey Kong
  22. Double Dragon
  23. Double Dragon II: The Revenge
  24. Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
  25. Dr. Mario
  26. Dragon Spirit: The New Legend
  27. Dragon Warrior
  28. Dragon Warrior II
  29. Dragon Warrior III
  30. Dragon Warrior IV
  31. Duck Hunt
  32. DuckTales
  33. DuckTales 2
  34. Excite Bike
  35. Faxandu
  36. Final Fantasy
  37. Ghosts N' Goblins
  38. Gradius
  39. Kid Icarus
  40. The Legend of Zelda
  41. Legendary Wings
  42. Life Force
  43. Marble Madness
  44. Mario Bros.
  45. Mega Man
  46. Mega Man 2
  47. Mega Man 3
  48. Mega Man 4
  49. Mega Man 5
  50. Mega Man 6
  51. Metroid
  52. Mighty Final Fight
  53. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
  54. Ninja Gaiden
  55. Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
  56. Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
  57. Pin-Bot
  58. Pinball Quest
  59. The Punisher
  60. R.C. Pro-Am
  61. R.C. Pro-Am 2
  62. Rad Racer
  63. River City Ransom
  64. Spy Hunter
  65. Star Soldier
  66. Super C (Contra 2)
  67. Super Mario Bros.
  68. Super Mario Bros. 2
  69. Super Mario Bros. 3
  70. Super Off-Road
  71. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (I enjoyed the 1st TMNT game, but for the sake of this list I'll leave it off since I know most people didn't like it)
  72. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
  73. Tetris
  74. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  75. Wild Gunman

Think you can come up with 75 good GBC games?

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"][QUOTE="rilpas"]reading is funrilpas
What? I didnt misread anything. Just found it funny that 20 good exclusives was somehow a bad ratio.If any console has 15+ quality exclusives that would be great.

Well I own a GBC but dont have many games. I dont have many portable games in general. Im more of a console person.

No I didnt mean failure literally, I was exaggerating because I found it funny. However I must disagree with 20 quality exclusives being bad.

How does any system having 20 good exclusives (not including multi) a bad ratio

Then how many you consider good? Cant even think of a system having 20+ quality exclusives. Thats pretty unreasonable standard you have.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Due to pokemon and link's awakening.. GBC is way better!

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="wildcat2000"]What? I didnt misread anything. Just found it funny that 20 good exclusives was somehow a bad ratio.If any console has 15+ quality exclusives that would be great.wildcat2000

Well I own a GBC but dont have many games. I dont have many portable games in general. Im more of a console person.

No I didnt mean failure literally, I was exaggerating because I found it funny. However I must disagree with 20 quality exclusives being bad.

Then how many you consider good? Cant even think of a system having 20+ quality exclusives.Thats pretty unreasonable standard you have.

yes :|

Master system

NES

Game Boy

Turbo Grafx 16

SNES

Genesis

Saturn

PS1

N64

PS2

Gamecube

Gameboy Color

PS3

Xbox 360

Wii

Gameboy Advance

PSP

Nintendo DS

and of course, the PC

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StatusShuffle

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Crystalis SBDeluxe Bionic Commando Bubble Bobble Couple of Disney games Dragon Warrior 1 Dragon Warrior 2 Dragon Warrior 3 Dragons Lair Frogger Bomberman Ghosts N Goblins Klax R-type Prince of Persia Space Invaders Paper Boy Robocop Tetris and probably a few more I can't remember right now. All better than the NES versions and/or counterparts.Emerald_Warrior

R-Type:

Magic Power:

Bionic CommandoCastlevaniaDonkey KongDragon Quest/Dragon WarriorsFinal FantasyKid IcarusThe Legend of ZeldaMega ManMetroidNinja GaidenPunch-OutSuper Mario Bros.

It's completely relevant because it shows that the games in the NES library were so good that they started franchises that are still loved to this day.

And why disagree? Uhh, you're the one that started this thread, which reads "NES Vs. Gameboy Color, which do you think is superior?", that's why. I think the NES is superior, not the GBC.

I still seriously doubt you can come up with a list of GBC games that are actually good bigger than a list of NES games that are actually good. I'm not saying the system is bad, but I am saying the library is limited in comparison to the NES library. I'll give it a real shot and not hold back this time:

19421943: The Battle of MidwayAdventure IslandAdventure Island IIAdventure Island IIIThe Adventures of LoloThe Adventures of Lolo IIThe Adventures of Lolo IIIArkanoidBatmanBatman ReturnsThe Battle of OlympusBattletoadsBombermanBionic CommandoBucky O' HareCastlevania (I REALLY enjoyed Castlevania II, but for the sake of this list I'll leave it off since I know most people didn't like it)Castlevania III: Dracula's CurseContraCrystalisDonkey KongDouble DragonDouble Dragon II: The RevengeDouble Dragon III: The Sacred StonesDr. MarioDragon Spirit: The New LegendDragon WarriorDragon Warrior IIDragon Warrior IIIDragon Warrior IVDuck HuntDuckTalesDuckTales 2Excite BikeFaxanduFinal FantasyGhosts N' GoblinsGradiusKid IcarusThe Legend of ZeldaLegendary WingsLife ForceMarble MadnessMario Bros.Mega Man Mega Man 2Mega Man 3Mega Man 4Mega Man 5Mega Man 6MetroidMighty Final FightMike Tyson's Punch-OutNinja GaidenNinja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of ChaosNinja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of DoomPin-BotPinball QuestThe PunisherR.C. Pro-AmR.C. Pro-Am 2Rad RacerRiver City RansomSpy HunterStar SoldierSuper C (Contra 2)Super Mario Bros.Super Mario Bros. 2Super Mario Bros. 3Super Off-RoadTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (I enjoyed the 1st TMNT game, but for the sake of this list I'll leave it off since I know most people didn't like it)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan ProjectTetrisZelda II: The Adventure of LinkWild Gunman

First of all Magic TOWER is R-TYPE port. It is unlicensed so I won't count it but it is the exact same game in almost every way, the game engine is the game, just changed a few sprites. Even the music is the same. Another thing, I never said that NES franchises don't still exist today, but a lot of them are considered crap now, and denying that is ludacris. Many of them also are on hiatus indefinitely. Still not exactly relevant when I can say that for games on other consoles as well. Has nothing to do with the GBCvs.NES debate here. Also, your list has a few games considered below par, one example would be NG3, infact, all versions of NG3, and the MODERN version of NG3 are considered bad, there's a few more, but you had to scrap to get 75 games. Not to mention chunks of those have better versions on GBC, but I'll list for you: 1. Zelda Oracle of Ages 2. Zelda Orcacle of Seasons 3. Test Drive Off-road 3 4. Air Force Delta 5. Azure Dreams 6. Asteroids 7. Ballistic 8. Blaster Master: Enemy Below 9. Bomberman Quest 10. Bomberman Max Red 11. Bomberman Max Blue 12. Commander Keen 13. Conkers Pocket Tales 14. Crusin Exotica 15. Crystalis 16. Dejavu 1 and 2 17. Daikatana 18. Disney: Lion King Simbas Adventure 19. Disney:Little Mermaid 2 pinball frenzy 20. Donkey Kong Country 21. Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 22. Dragon Warrior 3 23. Dragon Warrior Monsters 24. Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi 25. Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara 26. Driver 27. Duke Nukem 28. Evel Knievel 29. F-18 Thunder Strike 30. F-1 Championship 2000 31. Ghosts N Goblins 32. Road to El dorado 33. Hamtoro: Ham Hams unite 34. Hands of time 35. Harvest Moon 36. Harvest Moon 2 37. Harvest Moon 3 38. Heroes of Might and Magic 39. Heroes of Might and Magic 2 40. Hexcite: The Shapes of Victory 41. Kirby Tilt N Tumble 42. Klax 43. Legend of the River King 44. Legend of the River King 2 45. Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX 46. Logical 47. Looney Tunes Carrot Crazy 48. Looney Tunes Racing 49. Lufia The Legend Returns 50. Maigcal Drop 51. Megaman Xtreme 1 52. Megaman Xtreme 2 53. Metal Gear Solid 54. Metal Walker 55. Missile Command 56. Montezumas Return 57. Mr.Nutz 58. Pac-Man GBC edition 59. Paper Boy 60. Perfect Dark 61. Pocket Bomberman 62. Pocket Racing 63. Pokemon Gold 64. Pokemon Silver 65. Pokemon Crystal 66. Pokemon Pinball 67. Power Quest 68. Prince of Perisa 69. Puzzle Master 70. Q*bert 71. Quest: Brians Journey 72. R-type DX 73. Rayman 74. Revelations : The Demon Slayer 75. Shadow Gate Classic 76. Shantae 77. Space Invaders 78. SMB Deluxe 79. Survival Kids 80. Tetris DX 81. Tiki Tori 82. Tomb Raider Curse of the Sword 83. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 84. Top Gear Pocket 2 85. Top Gun: Fire Storm 86. Towers lord Baniff 87. Turok 2 88. Turok 3 89. V-Rally 99 edition 90. VIP 91. Wacky Races 92. Walt-Disney: Magical Racing Tour 93. Wario Land 2 94. Wario Land 3 95. Warlocked 96. World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks 97. Wings of Fury 98. Woody Wood Pecker Racing 99. WWF Wrestlemania 2000 100. X-Man: Mutant Academy 101. Xtreme Sports 102. Yu-Gi-Oh Dark Duel Stories 103. Yars Revenge My question for you is: Can you name 100 Good NES games without tanking?
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]well, if to you mediocre is the same as "failure" then I'd say we're speaking two different languages

Then how many you consider good? Cant even think of a system having 20+ quality exclusives.Thats pretty unreasonable standard you have.

Master system

NES

Game Boy

Turbo Grafx 16

SNES

Genesis

Saturn

PS1

N64

PS2

Gamecube

Gameboy Color

PS3

Xbox 360

Wii

Gameboy Advance

PSP

Nintendo DS

and of course, the PC

Wii?
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"]

StatusShuffle

Master system

NES

Game Boy

Turbo Grafx 16

SNES

Genesis

Saturn

PS1

N64

PS2

Gamecube

Gameboy Color

PS3

Xbox 360

Wii

Gameboy Advance

PSP

Nintendo DS

and of course, the PC

Wii?

yep, here, every Wii exclusive rated 7.0 and above on gamespot:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc5oLqpenpT78W87pMfgvBA

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#45 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] My question for you is: Can you name 100 Good NES games without tanking?

There's no set standard for what can be considered a "good" game, so I don't even know why you two are bothering with these lists. The guy that listed the NES games, while a better list than the GBC games you listed, had to reach for quite a few of those games, and you listed some downright awful games (Shadow Gate, really? Dark Duel Stories.. please... the Perfect Dark and Turok games are worthless considering the N64 versions, and wouldn't be anywhere near good anyway), though I'm glad someone finally mentioned Wario Land 3. Now that was a phenomenal game.
wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wildcat2000

yes :| Master system NES...rilpas

Sorry I erased all of the quotes. My browser is acting weird. Now I can type.

You just named like every major console in the last 20 years. You really think everyone of those has 20+ quality individual exclusives?! Wow you must like almost every game to ever be released then.

I dont know what to say after that.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]yes :| Master system NES...wildcat2000

Sorry I erased all of the quotes. My browser is acting weird. Now I can type.

You just named like every major console in the last 20 years. You really think everyone of those has 20+ quality individual exclusives?! Wow you must like almost every game to ever be released then.

I dont know what to say after that.

yep they do, it's common knowledge really

and now you know why the gameboy color pales in comparison to any of the other major consoles

for example, here's the gamespot spreadsheet listing every exclusive rated 7.0+ (7.0 being "good" according to gamespot) for every current gen console

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Magic Tower is a port of R-type on the NES, PERIOD. So you agree the rest of the games are indeed better than the NES Counterparts? EDIT: Oh wait, you said you can't speak for those, but at the same time it proves you made a false judgement of the GBC library without knowing much about it. I never said all the games were universally panned. I never even used the word universally, and only said some. I also said had superior version on the GBC, but we all like taking one part of ones post out of context and ignore the rest don't we? I can make a GBC list longer than a NES list, opinion are opinions. I think the GBC is better, and will say it is because it is. I believe it has a higher rated library, which it does, and i think it has more quality games. But you can attempt to disagree, and you can still play your NES. No big deal. On a side note, not all those franchises are doing well right now 25 years or so later, with 2 of them being pretty much dropped, not that had anything to do with the conversation at all and have no idea why you brought it up.StatusShuffle

R-Type:

Magic Power:

Bionic CommandoCastlevaniaDonkey KongDragon Quest/Dragon WarriorsFinal FantasyKid IcarusThe Legend of ZeldaMega ManMetroidNinja GaidenPunch-OutSuper Mario Bros.

19421943: The Battle of MidwayAdventure IslandAdventure Island IIAdventure Island IIIThe Adventures of LoloThe Adventures of Lolo IIThe Adventures of Lolo IIIArkanoidBatmanBatman ReturnsThe Battle of OlympusBattletoadsBombermanBionic CommandoBucky O' HareCastlevania (I REALLY enjoyed Castlevania II, but for the sake of this list I'll leave it off since I know most people didn't like it)Castlevania III: Dracula's CurseContraCrystalisDonkey KongDouble DragonDouble Dragon II: The RevengeDouble Dragon III: The Sacred StonesDr. MarioDragon Spirit: The New LegendDragon WarriorDragon Warrior IIDragon Warrior IIIDragon Warrior IVDuck HuntDuckTalesDuckTales 2Excite BikeFaxanduFinal FantasyGhosts N' GoblinsGradiusKid IcarusThe Legend of ZeldaLegendary WingsLife ForceMarble MadnessMario Bros.Mega Man Mega Man 2Mega Man 3Mega Man 4Mega Man 5Mega Man 6MetroidMighty Final FightMike Tyson's Punch-OutNinja GaidenNinja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of ChaosNinja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of DoomPin-BotPinball QuestThe PunisherR.C. Pro-AmR.C. Pro-Am 2Rad RacerRiver City RansomSpy HunterStar SoldierSuper C (Contra 2)Super Mario Bros.Super Mario Bros. 2Super Mario Bros. 3Super Off-RoadTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (I enjoyed the 1st TMNT game, but for the sake of this list I'll leave it off since I know most people didn't like it)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan ProjectTetrisZelda II: The Adventure of LinkWild Gunman

First of all Magic TOWER is R-TYPE port. It is unlicensed so I won't count it but it is the exact same game in almost every way, the game engine is the game, just changed a few sprites. Even the music is the same. Another thing, I never said that NES franchises don't still exist today, but a lot of them are considered crap now, and denying that is ludacris. Many of them also are on hiatus indefinitely. Still not exactly relevant when I can say that for games on other consoles as well. Has nothing to do with the GBCvs.NES debate here. Also, your list has a few games considered below par, one example would be NG3, infact, all versions of NG3, and the MODERN version of NG3 are considered bad, there's a few more, but you had to scrap to get 75 games. Not to mention chunks of those have better versions on GBC, but I'll list for you: 1. Zelda Oracle of Ages 2. Zelda Orcacle of Seasons 3. Test Drive Off-road 3 4. Air Force Delta 5. Azure Dreams 6. Asteroids 7. Ballistic 8. Blaster Master: Enemy Below 9. Bomberman Quest 10. Bomberman Max Red 11. Bomberman Max Blue 12. Commander Keen 13. Conkers Pocket Tales 14. Crusin Exotica 15. Crystalis 16. Dejavu 1 and 2 17. Daikatana 18. Disney: Lion King Simbas Adventure 19. Disney:Little Mermaid 2 pinball frenzy 20. Donkey Kong Country 21. Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 22. Dragon Warrior 3 23. Dragon Warrior Monsters 24. Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi 25. Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara 26. Driver 27. Duke Nukem 28. Evel Knievel 29. F-18 Thunder Strike 30. F-1 Championship 2000 31. Ghosts N Goblins 32. Road to El dorado 33. Hamtoro: Ham Hams unite 34. Hands of time 35. Harvest Moon 36. Harvest Moon 2 37. Harvest Moon 3 38. Heroes of Might and Magic 39. Heroes of Might and Magic 2 40. Hexcite: The Shapes of Victory 41. Kirby Tilt N Tumble 42. Klax 43. Legend of the River King 44. Legend of the River King 2 45. Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX 46. Logical 47. Looney Tunes Carrot Crazy 48. Looney Tunes Racing 49. Lufia The Legend Returns 50. Maigcal Drop 51. Megaman Xtreme 1 52. Megaman Xtreme 2 53. Metal Gear Solid 54. Metal Walker 55. Missile Command 56. Montezumas Return 57. Mr.Nutz 58. Pac-Man GBC edition 59. Paper Boy 60. Perfect Dark 61. Pocket Bomberman 62. Pocket Racing 63. Pokemon Gold 64. Pokemon Silver 65. Pokemon Crystal 66. Pokemon Pinball 67. Power Quest 68. Prince of Perisa 69. Puzzle Master 70. Q*bert 71. Quest: Brians Journey 72. R-type DX 73. Rayman 74. Revelations : The Demon Slayer 75. Shadow Gate Classic 76. Shantae 77. Space Invaders 78. SMB Deluxe 79. Survival Kids 80. Tetris DX 81. Tiki Tori 82. Tomb Raider Curse of the Sword 83. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 84. Top Gear Pocket 2 85. Top Gun: Fire Storm 86. Towers lord Baniff 87. Turok 2 88. Turok 3 89. V-Rally 99 edition 90. VIP 91. Wacky Races 92. Walt-Disney: Magical Racing Tour 93. Wario Land 2 94. Wario Land 3 95. Warlocked 96. World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks 97. Wings of Fury 98. Woody Wood Pecker Racing 99. WWF Wrestlemania 2000 100. X-Man: Mutant Academy 101. Xtreme Sports 102. Yu-Gi-Oh Dark Duel Stories 103. Yars Revenge My question for you is: Can you name 100 Good NES games without tanking?

I seriously didn't believe it could be done. I always felt the GBC had a limited library with it's small lifespan. I stand corrected. But I still would rather play my list of NES games than this list.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I'll have to go with the NES on this one. Games like SMB3, Metroid, Chip n' Dale, Rygar and Clash at Demonhead made it an excellent introduction to gaming for me. Of course, the GBC does deserve proper credit. It had great games like Link's Awakening DX and Pokemon Gold/Silver.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wildcat2000

[QUOTE="wildcat2000"][QUOTE="rilpas"]yes :| Master system NES...rilpas
Sorry I erased all of the quotes. My browser is acting weird. Now I can type.You just named like every major console in the last 20 years. You really think everyone of those has 20+ quality individual exclusives?! Wow you must like almost every game to ever be released then.I dont know what to say after that.

yep they do, it's common knowledge really

and now you know why the gameboy color pales in comparison to any of the other major consolesfor example, here's the gamespot spreadsheet listing every exclusive rated 7.0+ (7.0 being "good" according to gamespot) for every current gen console

Uhh your basing this on reviews? From Gamespot? Sorry but Im surprised youd agree with all their ratings so easily. I dont judge any game on reviews. I only read them as reference if Im interested in a new game.

Well if youre enjoying your games thats fine.