Need opinion on best FF game to try over break

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gundamc21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gundamc21
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi everyone Im not new to gaming or forums but Im more of a lurker lol. Anyway I always hear such good comments about final fantasy and I am in general a huge fan of Square Enix. Now sad to say in all my time as a video gamer I have never really played a real final fantasy game. I have played tactics and crystal chronicles but never the main line. So I need the opinions of this awesome website! Thank you in advance!

Let me know the best Final Fantasy game to play or try over my break and give me a few reasons why! (Graphics are not my biggest concern as I often play really old pixelated games. No console restrictions either as me and my fiance's game room has most ever console since dreamcast.)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

General consensus seems to be games 6 to 9 are the best ones.

Personally though I recommend 7, 9, 10 or 12 and of those four, 10 above all. It's quite the linear corridor, but the storytelling in my opinion is some of the best in gaming, the characters are great, the world is both pretty and distopian and I liked the levelling system quite a lot.

7 doesn't need much of an explanation. It's gaming history and I found it entertaining. Can't say why I'd recommend 9 really, but I remember enjoying it a lot, which can't be said for some of the others. As for 12 I never finished it but the world was awesome and full of things to do.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Any true FF fan will agree with me.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

FF7 is my favorite well kind of because it got me past being a horrible reader, and forced me to learn so it holds a little more weight in my heart. But any of them up to 10 are great games. EVen 12 was good just not 7, 8,9 good. Look all four of them and see which ones story seems to fit you better and play it.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

My personal favorite is FF6, followed by 9, 4, 10, and 12.

Gundamc21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gundamc21
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

awesome thanks for the responses. Im definitely looking forward to playing these after I get through finals! Keep them up tho :) It sounds like for the most part I can't go wrong in which ones I play haha.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

final fantasy IV on PC.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#8 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

I love Final Fantasy X, IX, XII, and III but i will be 100% honest.

My favorite final fantasy game is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers. It was funny, cute really charming. A simply delightful experience compared to the really serious nature of most of the final fantasy games in the series

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I love FF9 the most. I hate FF6 story the most.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#10 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

FF6 was the most compelling and memorable for me but FF9 is the one i'd reccommend the most.

FFIX just represents and captures the franchise well as a whole. With its tropes, mechanics, mascots, tone and themes that are best represented amongst the FF catalogue.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

If you're just going to play one Final Fantasy game, you may as well try out the best one - FF6.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I love 10 the most, seeing how it has a recent HD release it woulndn't really be that hard to find