Name one thing about your fellow gamers, that pisses you off.

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nightcall14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 nightcall14
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

Mostly it is gamers that will complain or they call you a noob for using a legitamite tactic in a game. An example being people calling you a noob for not quickscoping in CoD or one thing that happens to me often is people call me a noob for using semiauto snipers in BF3.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

[QUOTE="m25105"]

I'll start.

I hate how MANY gamers on forums (such as this) accuse other gamers for being immature or not having an attentionspan, if you say that you find games like the Metal Gear Solid series, the Witcher or Bayonetta, boring. (Witcher 2 looks like fun though and the demo was pretty kick ass, but the Witcher was definitely boring) and that I should go back to playing Call of Duty/Halo/Gears of War (I haven't even played Halo, Gears of War).
And God forbid if you say that you think Super Mario World is an amazing game.

Seriously? Do I need to hand you my gaming resume, that shows that I enjoy games like Fallout 2, Theme Hospital, Curse of Monkey Island, Warcraft 3, Dragon Age:Origins? Sometimes you just find games boring, and you think the story is crap. That doesn't translate into me hating these so called "Mature" games.

So what about you folks?

Mcspanky37

They are all a bunch of idiots (including me) and usually don't have a damn clue about what they're talking about. BTW is that Frank Mullen in your profile pic to the right?

It's Fedor Emelianenko, the other guy is Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Graphics whores...

We all like nice graphics, but for those of us who grew up playing games that looked worse than kids these days can download on their iphone, it's shameful to see how many people bash or praise certain games just because of graphics.

It's ruining the industry because production and developement costs are too high, and in turn we get more games with mediocre gameplay but fancy graphics.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

What about some that devaluing other opinions?

Let look at ME3 and how many did not like the end. There are a number of valid reason why they call ME3?s ending is a bad ending. Most of those that defend the ending use the phrase like: that ME3?s ending is fine, they are not entitled, and/or something about the artistic integrity of Bioware.

The problem with these defenses are that there does not counter any of the claims made and just through up a simple and sometime unreason statement just to negate the other person opinion.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

It is not surprising that the things that irk people are things that are often found in System Wars. The things that the denizens often believe in, I wonder if they sincerely do or whether they do so for the fun of it.

roguebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 roguebot
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts

It's pretty sad when gamers take things too seriously and get personal over something trivial. My advice to them: Go out, do something that doesn't involve digital representations of other people.

That's really the only thing that bugs me about gamers.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts

- Videogame elitism. Hating on COD, or franchises, because it's popular doesn't make you cool. Just pathetic.

- The whole 'it could be worse' attitude. Jim Sterling made a video about this and it's true. Everytime someone complains about Day-1 DLC or something equally as bad as that, there will always be this one person who says 'stop whining, it could be worse'. These are the people we should thank for ruining our hobby.

Agree with both of these. Some more - the attitude ' you can't win so don't even try'. In terms of playing games if your team is doing bad and then people just start leaving, making things even worst. I have the attitude 'if I'm going to die, I'm going go all out and take as many of them with me as I can' there are even rare cases where desperation tactics can turn out a victory, or at least makes the enemy's victory very hallow. In terms of business if you complained about the real money auction house at all die hard fans will go on about 'people do it a lot in D1 and D2, they are gonna do it in D3, they are going do it anyway no matter how hard you fight them, Blizzards deserves a cut from it.' Now people are complaining a lot about the new patch, making you use all your gold for armor repairs so no one has any money to use the gold auction house, people are all coming to the conclusion that Blizzard is doing this to try to use the real money one just like I feared they would... -The hypercritical elitism, no one admits to it but most gamers who play competitively at any level will mock players they are much better than, saying they should stop whining how they're being killed and the just need to get better or quit, and then suddenly have a change of attitude when they go up against people who dominate them so badly, saying "come on guys lighten up, and stop mocking me! It's just a game! I don't have time to play this game as much as you do I have a 7 finger jov, tons of girlfriends, and a country to look after for! You guys just need to get lives it is obviously you don't do anything but play this game all day!" -Disconnectser, team stacking on the winning team, forcing others to listen to some music they wanted to share through their mics, taking weapons or other things they don't know how to use/don't need over people that do because 'it's just a game, let me have my fun guys!" and other greedy attitudes that in general make a bad situation worst, ruin your experience, or screw over the team in a team based game.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Most of them are either elitist douchebags or 10 year old kids.

At least the kids will grow up.

Crotazoa8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Crotazoa8
Member since 2010 • 1230 Posts
Gamers that think a game is bad because it's not well known or because they never heard of it.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
the whinning oh my god the whinning "the devs are lazy" "the graphics suck" "Cod sucks" "this is too much like COD" "this is too different from COD" "People who prefer the 360 are idiots" "People who prefer the PS3 are idiots" "People who prefer the Wii are idiots" "People who prefer the PC are idiots" waaah this waaaah that
Fezzinator101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 Fezzinator101
Member since 2011 • 195 Posts

Graphics whores and Elitism.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#62 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Armchair warriors.
Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#63 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

Singing any song over chat while playing any game online. Most every time its off key or completely incorrect in every way. I don't care if mother tells you that you have a beautiful voice sing to her! Live stream chat in a game is not a place for a test audience.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17698 Posts

Singing any song over chat while playing any game online. Most every time its off key or completely incorrect in every way. I don't care if mother tells you that you have a beautiful voice sing to her! Live stream chat in a game is not a place for a test audience.

Oniresurrect

I once saw a video on YT of a kid doing the final rap from the movie "8 mile". It was hilarious, the kid was actually pretty good. I wish I could find it, I'd like to post it.

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
Gamers who disagree with anything I say!!!
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Tazzman1000
But seriously there's a few. 1) Morons who want to make me completely agree with their opinions about games and consoles. 2) People who expect me to play games a certain way, ie no noob tubin, you can't kill me cause i'm a higher level than you, and so on. 3) Whiney babies who have a tantrum just because they're not getting their own way. 4) Gamers who think because your a lower level on a game means that you are instantly crap and they are entitled to kick you out of a game. And finally 5) cheaters and racists.
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Tazzman1000

In the last couple of years I have noticed that gamers have to compare every new game to an already existant/old game.

I have actually made a thread about it on my blog when I decided to sign up for GS but it has zero views to this day :P

lShadyl
You now have 1 view :D
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#68 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Gamers that jump on a "hate bandwagon" for a game, when they never bought the game in the first place.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#69 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I simply cannot name one thing.There are many.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#70 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Armchair warriors.BranKetra
Well, not really something that makes me angry. Just confused.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

One? ONE?

Tsk!

1."Oh,look at me,i'm a PC gamer,i'm better than you" >_>

2.Dissing games they've never played,even for a second.(CoD)

3.When older gamers,and sometimes younger ones,prefer 2D games over modern 3D ones.Grow up,and move on.

That's it for now.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

People who insult others for the games they like.

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

When people are casuals

When people don't like the games I like

When people are big dumb consolites

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Fellow gamers piss me off when they defend obviously questionable business practices by gaming companies. It's like they work for the companies as PR reps. Still to this day my mind is blown by how many people defend online passes.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Fellow gamers piss me off when they defend obviously questionable business practices by gaming companies. It's like they work for the companies as PR reps. Still to this day my mind is blown by how many people defend online passes.

Vari3ty

This is a really big one with me. I've defriended more than a few people over them acting like this. I've got no use for corporate cheerleaders.

A subspecies of the same genus are those who fart out the same shlt about every game they play: "This was a really good game. I thought it played really well and I hope there's a sequel. I would give it a 9." It's not that I hate that people are enjoying a game, but when someone says the same goddamn thing about every game they play, their opinion becomes worthless to me because they obviously don't have any standards for anything they play -- they're just happy little blobs... drooling, boring idiots that like everything.

I also don't really get nationalists... I mean, I can dig being proud of your country making a popular console, but when things get like they did in Japan, where it became so insular that they only bought games made by Japanese companies, it was pretty obviously a case of bullshlt nationalism at play. I've also seen the same thing with Canadians and Bioware -- even Silicon Knights. Maybe it's just completely anecdotal, but Bioware has made some seriously flawed shlt this generation, and it's always the Canadian dude in my group of friends that is trying to defend them and act like Mass Effect wasn't a popup book, or that the planet exploration was rad lol. And it's not just him, I've seen it several times. Granted, Mass Effect is a popular game and that can cause people to overlook flaws, but when everyone else in the group is like "Yeah, that shlt was busted" and one dude, who just HAPPENS to be from Canada is all "You guys don't know what you're talking aboot!" something is afoot. Maybe it's because game companies are subsidized through art grants in Canada that the line is blurred between nationalistic pride and sheer consumerism, I don't know.

sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sundayismyDAD
Member since 2008 • 438 Posts

When people only play COD, Halo, Gears, and games of that nature (shooters primarily) and dub Nintendo games immature and not "hardcore" enough, even though they've never played them.

bowserjr123
I do like those nintendo games, but I hate those new motion controls.
sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sundayismyDAD

I'll start.

I hate how MANY gamers on forums (such as this) accuse other gamers for being immature or not having an attentionspan, if you say that you find games like the Metal Gear Solid series, the Witcher or Bayonetta, boring. (Witcher 2 looks like fun though and the demo was pretty kick ass, but the Witcher was definitely boring) and that I should go back to playing Call of Duty/Halo/Gears of War (I haven't even played Halo, Gears of War).
And God forbid if you say that you think Super Mario World is an amazing game.

Seriously? Do I need to hand you my gaming resume, that shows that I enjoy games like Fallout 2, Theme Hospital, Curse of Monkey Island, Warcraft 3, Dragon Age:Origins? Sometimes you just find games boring, and you think the story is crap. That doesn't translate into me hating these so called "Mature" games.

So what about you folks?

m25105
You lack intelligence for not liking Metal Gear. Just kidding.
CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#78 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

-Cheaters/hackers; I don't understand the fun of winning a game if all you're doing is cheating.

-Console Wars; You can truly find the scum of the Earth in System Wars.

-People that hate everything about COD. Just because it's a Call of Duty game, it doesn't mean that it's going to be terrible. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people that dislike any YouTube video that is a COD trailer or gameplay of a new COD game. Pathetic.

And others.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#79 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Insulting others for liking something you don't.People talking like their opinion is fact is majorly annoying.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Off the top:

1) How shallow and arrogant gamers can be, especially multiplayer gamers who complain in forums about 'stupid players' and noobs. I'm not an mp fan by any means, but I can only imagine these people to be crybaby brats in real life.

2) How upset gamers get when someone criticizes a game they like. It's pretty lame to take personal offense over critique or a nitpicking review of your favorite game for that week, lol.

I love MGS franchise for example, and you can give me 100 reasons why youthink it sucks, but guess what? I can respect your opinion without catching feelings and name-calling. On top of that, your opinions do not affect me from enjoying the series.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
fanboys
Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#82 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

[QUOTE="Oniresurrect"]

MirkoS77

I once saw a video on YT of a kid doing the final rap from the movie "8 mile". It was hilarious, the kid was actually pretty good. I wish I could find it, I'd like to post it.

Its fine on YT but I just don?t want to hear it throughout a game lol

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

The Jeremiahs who present any video gaming development that displeases them (the new direction a franchise is taking, delays, bad reviews, any announcement containing the letters D, L and C) as a Portent of Doom.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
3.When older gamers,and sometimes younger ones,prefer 2D games over modern 3D ones.Grow up,and move on.GreekGameManiac
This seems like a ridiculous thing to get upset over.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts
I love all my fellow gamers and everything about them.meetroid8
Bronys are the nicest people in existance.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]3.When older gamers,and sometimes younger ones,prefer 2D games over modern 3D ones.Grow up,and move on.famicommander
This seems like a ridiculous thing to get upset over.

Not really,think about it and you'll see why i do.

And hey,we can say the things that piss us off,right?

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

When there is a sequel that clearly destroys its predecessors and

then its fans whine and cry that its not as good, when it clearly is, due to nostalgia.

and there are gamers who say games suck when they have never touched it or have even SEEN it in its box.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
When people say, in regards to DLC, "if you don't like don't buy it". And I don't, but it still affects everybody.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#89 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

People who complain about games, such as COD, simply because they're horrible at them and can't admit to the fact that a 10 year old can wipe the floor with them at the game.

Litepow93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Litepow93
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
A.) People who scream and throw a hissy fit if they are under-performing in an online game. B.) People who only play a single game, and every time you try to engage in an intelligent conversation, all they wanna do is talk about the one game series, or what they were doing, or how good they did, or how much experience they gained, or what items they acquired, or what quest they completed- ARGHGBHKLADOUHKL!!! C.) People who under-appreciate the classics and call them garbage without even playing them. D.) People who don't respect opinions. So what If I don't like a certain game? I respect you're opinion, respect mine.
DylanTheVillyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DylanTheVillyn
Member since 2011 • 73 Posts

People that are arrogant, are extremely argumentative, and are easily angered...people like myself.

NostalgicRoyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NostalgicRoyal
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts
Some that come to mind for me: - Gamers that will refuse to play a game because it isn't "Mature" enough for them. Tell me again why a gore-bath of zombie killing with a chainsaw by a scantily clad school girl is more "MATURE" than choosing to play a game with great game mechanics, engaging story, and characters that aren't sexual in appearance. (Not hating on Lollipop chainsaw itself, just the idea that playing a game with that content deems the player somehow more 'mature' than someone who chooses to play a game without that content). - Overcompetetiveness that has created such a focus on online play vs more in depth single player experiences. Not every game has to have a wildly popular online multiplayer with a scoreboard/rankings system to be good. Try some good single players games too and expand your gaming experience.
sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sundayismyDAD
[QUOTE="NostalgicRoyal"]Some that come to mind for me: - Gamers that will refuse to play a game because it isn't "Mature" enough for them. Tell me again why a gore-bath of zombie killing with a chainsaw by a scantily clad school girl is more "MATURE" than choosing to play a game with great game mechanics, engaging story, and characters that aren't sexual in appearance. (Not hating on Lollipop chainsaw itself, just the idea that playing a game with that content deems the player somehow more 'mature' than someone who chooses to play a game without that content). - Overcompetetiveness that has created such a focus on online play vs more in depth single player experiences. Not every game has to have a wildly popular online multiplayer with a scoreboard/rankings system to be good. Try some good single players games too and expand your gaming experience.

Agreed
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#94 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

What I hate, are people in multiplayer who have to hack/cheat to win and otherwise ruin the experience for everyone else. Seriously uncool.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#95 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

There are more then a few:

I hate how people call themsleves "hardcore" gamers, and others "casual" gamers. It just sounds like something a douch would say, there are only gamers and that's it.

I hate the fanboy crap, preffering one system over another is ok but to just be a complete and total fanboy of one system is stupid. People have different prefrecnes, get over it. Some people like PS3 more than 360, some people like 360 more than PS3, you both are right.

I hate how people use fanboy websites like Lens of Truth or Digital Foundry and try to use them as "fact" or "proof" that their system/game is better. Multiplat arguments in general are stupid as (almost) all of the time there is no difference between the two versions. They are identical, but some people don't want to accept that.

People who throw a fit when a reviewer doesn't give their game the score they wanted. These people fail to realise that reviews are OPINIONS and that everyone has a different one. There are many GS reviews I have disagreede with, do I let it bother me? No. Because I have the sense to respect GS opinion, only review that matters on a game to me is my own, so that's why I review them. No review is "The word of God" so to speak.

I hate how everyone rips on COD, even though they all play COD. They are the biggest hypocrites out there. If you don't like a game just don't buy it, don't go on a stupid crusade calling people that play it stupid or "casuals" or whatever. And yes the game does take some skill.

I hate how many people freak out over Mass Effect 3 letting people play as a gay person if they so choose. Look people who cares? It's an option, you don't have to play as a gay character, it's there for the gay people that play the game, their choice doesn't effect us at all in real life. Just play a straight character like I do, no one is forcing you to play as a gay guy.

Basically I hate SW lol.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GreekGameManiac

There are more then a few:

I hate how people call themsleves "hardcore" gamers, and others "casual" gamers. It just sounds like something a douch would say, there are only gamers and that's it. -That statement is so wrong.When ppl don't know sh!t about games,they aren't real gamers.There ARE casual & hardcore gamers.

I hate the fanboy crap, preffering one system over another is ok but to just be a complete and total fanboy of one system is stupid. People have different prefrecnes, get over it. Some people like PS3 more than 360, some people like 360 more than PS3, you both are right. -I'll agree with that.

I hate how people use fanboy websites like Lens of Truth or Digital Foundry and try to use them as "fact" or "proof" that their system/game is better. Multiplat arguments in general are stupid as (almost) all of the time there is no difference between the two versions. They are identical, but some people don't want to accept that.

People who throw a fit when a reviewer doesn't give their game the score they wanted. These people fail to realise that reviews are OPINIONS and that everyone has a different one. There are many GS reviews I have disagreede with, do I let it bother me? No. Because I have the sense to respect GS opinion, only review that matters on a game to me is my own, so that's why I review them. No review is "The word of God" so to speak. -Yeah,i know right?

I hate how everyone rips on COD, even though they all play COD. They are the biggest hypocrites out there. If you don't like a game just don't buy it, don't go on a stupid crusade calling people that play it stupid or "casuals" or whatever. And yes the game does take some skill. -Spot on again.

I hate how many people freak out over Mass Effect 3 letting people play as a gay person if they so choose. Look people who cares? It's an option, you don't have to play as a gay character, it's there for the gay people that play the game, their choice doesn't effect us at all in real life. Just play a straight character like I do, no one is forcing you to play as a gay guy. -True.

Basically I hate SW lol.

ShadowMoses900

Other than your first complain,i agree,as you can see.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Being outright unreasonable. A bit of perspective and the willingness to sit, listen and not jump to knee jerk conclusions goes a long way.
Avatar image for Buttonmasher111
Buttonmasher111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Buttonmasher111
Member since 2010 • 67 Posts

The fact that the majority of gamers are all high class critics nowadays (in their minds) and critiscise everything. Constant complaining about newly released games, DLC and the fat cat gaming companies. There are good games and bad ones, companies are in the buisiness to make money and provide hours of entertainment, they do both well while supplying our needs decently. Stop complaining, get gaming.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

The fact that the majority of gamers are all high class critics nowadays (in their minds) and critiscise everything. Constant complaining about newly released games, DLC and the fat cat gaming companies. There are good games and bad ones, companies are in the buisiness to make money and provide hours of entertainment, they do both well while supplying our needs decently. Stop complaining, get gaming.

Buttonmasher111
People talking is better then a lack of in any case. Much, much better, I wouldn't ignore that.
rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

People denying that certain games require a far bigger skillset then others, which creates the difference between hardcore & casual. (Or better said, games oriented towards a big market and games oriented towards a niche market). However that does not mean that the casual game is not difficult, as any game with many (online) players is difficult. It's just that these hardcore games require a different and greater skill set because the basics of the game are more complex. I personally hold no grudge against casual games, I simply enjoy the depth of those hardcore games.