N64 vs Saturn the Final Battle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Stick to this topic to bash the N64 and sing Saturn to the high heavens.

N64 games are generally better recieved, the platform has more genre diversity and sold more than three times what the saturn did.

The Saturn may succeed in niche areas but is ultimately inferior imo.

Library wise the Saturn definately has the edge in RPGs and arcade games

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
between both consoles? Hard to say Not a fan of 3D platformers and that's the N64's strongest genre. FPS games on the N64 have also aged pretty badly As for the Saturn i'm not much of a fan of fighting games (save for the rare exception) so it's a toss up really
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Banjo , are you obsessed or something, this is maybe the 3rd thread that deals in this topic that you made , nevermind other threads.

no offense , but its starting to look like some unhealthy obsession on your part

either that or its just yet another attempt by you to troll , which I honestly wouldn't put past you given the broken record mentality you seem to assume

just saying

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
N64, I'm a big fan of 3D platformers :P
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

N64 games are generally better recieved, the platform has more genre diversity and sold more than three times what the saturn did.

Banjo_Kongfooie

lol, you are so pathetic and obsessed. it tells me only one thing. you used to want a saturn but could never get one or your patents thought it was too expensive and now you are hellbend on trying to talk down on teh system you never owned and never played

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

bultje112

lol, you are so pathetic and obsessed. it tells me only one thing. you used to want a saturn but could never get one or your patents thought it was too expensive and now you are hellbend on trying to talk down on teh system you never owned and never played

Of course... that makes perfect since since the N64 was the cheapest console. Wait the N64 had the best graphics. Also I did not have "patents" as a kid lol.

I do not resort to arguementum ad hominem in my arguements.

Lets see some actual data from the Saturn camp.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

Of course... that makes perfect since since the N64 was the cheapest console. Wait the N64 had the best graphics. Also I did not have "patents" as a kid lol.

weve shown you more than enough on the other threads, seems like your eyes are shut , and thus you can't see, or maybe there is a strange filter on your computer :P

Ive got to admit, its pretty pathetic on your part to repeat the same thread over and over again , its sad, and yet funny at the same time.

we get it, you love your N64 , end of story, enjoy playing it, I know I enjoy playing my N64, after which I play the Saturn and laugh that you aren't :P

Jessey-Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jessey-Stone
Member since 2011 • 375 Posts

i used to be a nintendo kid when i was 7 and i had the n64 but now that i play the saturn and 64 i gotta say the saturn is better the games have way more replayability andevn yhough some of the top notch games for the saturn may be expensieve they are worth it

n64 has a good library and big library the downside of having a big library of games is more than half of em down right just suck

n64 was just basically a platformer monster dont get me wrong i love me some banjo tooie mario 64 and such games but the replayability aint so good after you beat a specific game already

i still have my n64 from when i was a kid and i love it but other than platformers all other genres of games play awkwardly

my thumbs up on this one goes to the saturn plus i just love the controller and the 3D one too

oh and i checked out fighters mega mix and its awesome

oh and since im a big 2D fighter games the n64 dissapointed me in that department killer instinct was popular but was a horrible port and it just sucked

sorry for bashing my beloved n64 but saturn is better

imagine if sega had more money for 3rd party support and more games ??

it would have destroyed the n64

once again this coming from a former 90's nintendo child i didnt evem know what sega was back then xD but now im a happy all console loving collector

anyways yeah saturn 1 n64 0

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

Darkman2007

weve shown you more than enough on the other threads, seems like your eyes are shut , and thus you can't see, or maybe there is a strange filter on your computer :P

Ive got to admit, its pretty pathetic on your part to repeat the same thread over and over again , its sad, and yet funny at the same time.

we get it, you love your N64 , end of story, enjoy playing it, I know I enjoy playing my N64, after which I play the Saturn and laugh that you aren't :P

We get it... you love your Saturn.

I will be the one laughing as I do not spend a ton of money on the Saturn when I can play the N64, Ps2, or 360. Also the N64 is winning the polls.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

I will be the one laughing as I do not spend a ton of money on the Saturn when I can play the N64, Ps2, or 360. Also the N64 is winning the polls.

its pretty obvious youre just here to troll , Im really not sure why youre wasting your time. also , aside from the 360 (which I do have access to , its in the house, just not mine) , I own all of these consoles, while you don't own a Saturn , so sucks to be you in this one I guess. seriously , why do you bother going on threads mostly to make "N64 vs Saturn" or "N64 rules" comments? its pretty sad actually.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darkman2007

besides, we both know the only reason you started a poll was because you couldn't win a single debate against me or other members here , so you resort to the "I have the majority on my side" tactic. which frankly doesn't work here.

and no , you can't win a single debate here, pretty much every single one so far was thrown out the window for the simple reason that you don't know what youre talking about, its really just arguing for the sake of arguing.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

or you could just buy a saturn and play it's cheap exclusives? the saturn does have those you know

here i'll even help name some for you:

Fighters megamix

Virtual On

virtua cop 2

Gun Griffon

Sega Rally

panzer dragoon

amok

Nights into Dreams

Bug!

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#13 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
On the N64 I only really liked LoZ and Super Smash Bros, tbh. The Sega Saturn had Nights Into Dreams, played so many hours of that, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight, Burning Rangers, Virtua Cop, Sonic Jam, Virtua Fighter, etc it just had much more variety to it than the N64, which pretty much only exceeded with 3D platformers, which for the most part I find boring (I really can't stand Banjo/Super Mario 64/Donkey Kong (or pretty much any 3D platformer on any console apart from Rachet&Clank, Jak&Daxter, Sly Cooper and a few more)). I put tons of hours into Super Smash Bros 64 and Mario Golf 64, but that was about it, I spent much more hours on many of the Sega Saturn games, they're just more my type, and imo are more worthy of spending time on. I see the N64 as more of a "quick play to kill boredom" kind of console, for the most part. I'm not bashing the N64, I like it actually, just not nearly as much as the Sega Saturn.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

PS1 and Dreamcast were better than both consoles, IMO.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Banjo_Kongfooie

Emerald_Warrior
This is N64 vs Saturn. The Ps1 is not allowed.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Banjo_Kongfooie
This is N64 vs Saturn. The Ps1 is not allowed.

considering youve lost any respect , Id say he can say whatever he wants another thing , Id ask that you don't thumb down my comments on my blogs again , its pretty obvious its you as it happened the last time you started trolling here. I mean , yeah , Im sure that as a 14 year old trying to troll around here , its kind of your job, but try to grow up , seriously.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bultje112

with how many accounts do you guys think banjo will be voting on this one?

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

One thing I always loved about the Legacy Forum is its very sparse amount of fanboyism, mostly everyone here loves to talk about their love of legacy gaming regardless of platform. That is except for you Banjo; you are by far the biggest fanboy I've ever seen on this forum, and your ignorance and stupidity only decreases the appeal of the N64 and makes the Saturn, aka the source of all evil in the universe according to you, look like the greatest system ever made. Do all of us and your beloved N64 a favor and stop posting these stupid, pointless, cloned N64 vs Saturn threads.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Banjo_Kongfooie

considering youve lost any respect , Id say he can say whatever he wants another thing , Id ask that you don't thumb down my comments on my blogs again , its pretty obvious its you as it happened the last time you started trolling here. I mean , yeah , Im sure that as a 14 year old trying to troll around here , its kind of your job, but try to grow up , seriously.Darkman2007

Never knew you had a blog... That is irrelevant to this discussion as is the ps1.

I just clicked your page though (I really, really disdain the picture/word ratio you have since you want my opinion soo bad).

Also this is arguementum ad hominem because I do not see massive thumbs downs on any of the comments I skimmed.

bultje112

This account, the silent majority and some posters will prove that the N64 has the popular support.

Critics prove that the N64 has the more critically acclaimed library

The console and its library is cheaper as well.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]considering youve lost any respect , Id say he can say whatever he wants another thing , Id ask that you don't thumb down my comments on my blogs again , its pretty obvious its you as it happened the last time you started trolling here. I mean , yeah , Im sure that as a 14 year old trying to troll around here , its kind of your job, but try to grow up , seriously.Banjo_Kongfooie

Never knew you had a blog... That is irrelevant to this discussion as is the ps1.

I just clicked your page though (I really, really disdain the picture/word ratio you have since you want my opinion soo bad).

Also this is arguementum ad hominem because I do not see massive thumbs downs on any of the comments I skimmed.

bultje112

This account, the silent majority and some posters will prove that the N64 has the popular support.

Critics prove that the N64 has the more critically acclaimed library

The console and its library is cheaper as well.

I never knew the N64 didn't have popular support, its not exactly an unpopular system , youre punching thin air, or so it seems. actually Id say its more of an unhealthy obsession with the N64 and the Saturn for you (in 2 opposite directions of thought), but you can think about that. and there is no need for a "massive thumb down" they are there, and appeared shortly after this discussion started, the same thing happened last time you started trolling here several months ago, so Im going to assume its you.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Banjo_Kongfooie
No your using argumentum ad hominem to discredit me. Anyone in this thread could have done it to frame me. I just now clicked your blog and the comments had no thumbs down when I clicked so you are fabricating. The picture word ratio made it a tough read but appearently you got 3 saturn games at once (which has got to hurt the wallet but I digress). So claiming I am obsessed with the N64 and saturn while posting in legacy forums and writing a blog is ad hominem. Anyways I proved the N64 has great library diversity. Where are games that are like Majoras Mask, Mischeif Makers, etc. on the Saturn. Since you love to play the Saturn games are more unique card all the time.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darkman2007

No your using argumentum ad hominem to discredit me. Anyone in this thread could have done it to frame me. I just now clicked your blog and the comments had no thumbs down when I clicked so you are fabricating. The picture word ratio made it a tough read but appearently you got 3 saturn games at once (which has got to hurt the wallet but I digress). So claiming I am obsessed with the N64 and saturn while posting in legacy forums and writing a blog is ad hominem. Anyways I proved the N64 has great library diversity. Where are games that are like Majoras Mask, Mischeif Makers, etc. on the Saturn. Since you love to play the Saturn games are more unique card all the time.Banjo_Kongfooie

yes there were thumbs down , just the thumbs up outnumbered the one thumbs down (from you)

and no , the 3 Saturn games cost me in total about £20 total , so its not too bad, just you trying to troll again without any knowledge

thing is, my blog just says "I bought some games" , among them being 3 Saturn games, I don't post multiple clone Vs threads like you do.

ie, my blogs are born out of being a collector, your threads are born out of your fanboyism

and never did I say Saturn games are more or less unique, youre lying and you know it.

I just said I feel its a better game system as it has more of the games that I like, Im not really sure whats so hard to understand, you honestly can't be that biased to expect everybody to have the same opinion as you.....

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dudersaper
[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"] Anyways I proved the N64 has great library diversity. Where are games that are like Majoras Mask, Mischeif Makers, etc. on the Saturn. Since you love to play the Saturn games are more unique card all the time.

You proved that by naming 2 games for the N64? While most people here mentioned more when showing the Sega Saturn library..
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"] Anyways I proved the N64 has great library diversity. Where are games that are like Majoras Mask, Mischeif Makers, etc. on the Saturn. Since you love to play the Saturn games are more unique card all the time.

You proved that by naming 2 games for the N64? While most people here mentioned more when showing the Sega Saturn library..

Id be interested in knowing exactly how many games he even has on the N64, he doesn't own a Saturn , hence the console hes bashing so much, and yet he has no knowledge of it.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"] Anyways I proved the N64 has great library diversity. Where are games that are like Majoras Mask, Mischeif Makers, etc. on the Saturn. Since you love to play the Saturn games are more unique card all the time.Darkman2007

Id be interested in knowing exactly how many games he even has on the N64, he doesn't own a Saturn , hence the console hes bashing so much, and yet he has no knowledge of it.

16 N64 games. Used to be more but I gave away some good ones.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Dudersaper"]You proved that by naming 2 games for the N64? While most people here mentioned more when showing the Sega Saturn library..Banjo_Kongfooie

16 N64 games. Used to be more but I gave away some good ones.

so let me get this straight. not only do you not own a Saturn , but you also have less N64 games than me? lol this is hilarious, I have 31 N64 games, and thats after I sold a few like Turok 2 and DK64 (one because it gave me motion sickness, the other I didn't like) so I have more Saturn and N64 games, hilarious
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#27 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

N64 had the 3d games as an edge while Saturn had the 2d games as their strong point. At the time, the gaming industry and media in general was moving towards 3d graphics. So it really depends on what you're looking for. The N64 didn't have a single SF game, while the Saturn had plenty. It alsohad a lotside-scrolling shooters,if I remember right.On the other hand, the N64 had games like Mario 64, Zelda, Mario Kart, SSB, and Goldeneye.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darkman2007
N64 had the 3d games as an edge while Saturn had the 2d games as their strong point. At the time, the gaming industry and media in general was moving towards 3d graphics. So it really depends on what you're looking for. The N64 didn't have a single SF game. BranKetra
I can assure that while the Saturn's strong point was 2D , it was certainly no weakling in the 3D department , although the N64 did pretty much crush it in the 3D platformer department ,and 3D action adventure games, in terms of number of games anyways.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]N64 had the 3d games as an edge while Saturn had the 2d games as their strong point. At the time, the gaming industry and media in general was moving towards 3d graphics. So it really depends on what you're looking for. The N64 didn't have a single SF game. Darkman2007
I can assure that while the Saturn's strong point was 2D , it was certainly no weakling in the 3D department , although the N64 did pretty much crush it in the 3D platformer department ,and 3D action adventure games, in terms of number of games anyways.

Yes it was... You claim to have an N64 but state that it did not noticabley destroy the N64 in graphics.

Also your aruguement is laughable. Sure you hypothetically own more N64 games, but what games? How many have you actually beaten? You admitted your a collector so how do we know they are not almost all sealed games?

Also I own a Ngage and Gba so I have more knowledge of them both???? That makes no sense because research and a little hands on experience > just owning stuff.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]N64 had the 3d games as an edge while Saturn had the 2d games as their strong point. At the time, the gaming industry and media in general was moving towards 3d graphics. So it really depends on what you're looking for. The N64 didn't have a single SF game. Banjo_Kongfooie

Yes it was... You claim to have an N64 but state that it did not noticabley destroy the N64 in graphics.

Also your aruguement is laughable. Sure you hypothetically own more N64 games, but what games? How many have you actually beaten? You admitted your a collector so how do we know they are not almost all sealed games?

Also I own a Ngage and Gba so I have more knowledge of them both???? That makes no sense because research and a little hands on experience > just owning stuff.

well if you own an Ngage (and I would assume you have games for it) , yes , you would know about it than me, since I know next to nothing about it.

I never knew collecting had to do with keeping games sealed, its really with collecting games, you don't seem to realise that, sure you can focus on sealed games, but I would call that kind of thing obsession or collecting for the sake of collecting as opposed to collecting to actually play the games.

if you want to know what games I have, just look at my games list, which I have already provided a link to , all of my N64 games are there.

I just find it hilarious, that considering youre the guy who basically trolls around here just to act as the champion of the N64, you don't even have that many games of it, I honestly expected you to have in the region of 50+

and on what do you base the Saturn being weak in the 3D department? which games are those?

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Banjo_Kongfooie
All the games released for the Saturn compared to games like Conker look noticeably worse.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Darkman2007
All the games released for the Saturn compared to games like Conker look noticeably worse.Banjo_Kongfooie
thats not exactly logical , because I never said its "better in 3D" , I just said its not that bad in 3D . so while something like Conker is indeed better looking than what I would consider the best 3D Saturn work , its not miles apart in terms of a generational capacity.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Darkman2007

though I have to wonder , since when have you seen every game on the Saturn?

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Banjo_Kongfooie

Darkman2007

Never said I did... last topic we had you could not produce a better looking Saturn game than what the top N64 games look like.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

Never said I did... last topic we had you could not produce a better looking Saturn game than what the top N64 games look like.

yet my point was not to prove the Saturn had better 3D , thats just something you invented :P Im just saying its not that bad.
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

yet my point was not to prove the Saturn had better 3D , thats just something you invented :P Im just saying its not that bad.

Compared to pure 3D playstation games its not that bad. The N64 is another level though.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bultje112

why hasn't banjo been banned yet by a mod? I have never seen a more clearer and annoying troll :rolleyes:

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

Compared to pure 3D playstation games its not that bad. The N64 is another level though.

thats your opinion , and youre perfectly entitled to it, its not my opinion though.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I think the N64 is probably the second best console ever behind PS2, so there is a pretty big gap between Saturn and N64 to me. The Saturn isn't necessarily bad though.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]N64 had the 3d games as an edge while Saturn had the 2d games as their strong point. At the time, the gaming industry and media in general was moving towards 3d graphics. So it really depends on what you're looking for. The N64 didn't have a single SF game. Darkman2007

I didn't say it was weak, I remember seeing a early Shenmue build from this forum. I think you posted it, actually. It's just that 2d games seem to be the Saturn's strong point. We've talked about some games on the PS vs the Saturn, before. For example, the Saturn version of SF: Alpha 3 looks much better than the PS version. Also, I played Panzer Dragoon Zwei. It's definitely a 3d game, though the N64 has better 3d titles IMO.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]N64 had the 3d games as an edge while Saturn had the 2d games as their strong point. At the time, the gaming industry and media in general was moving towards 3d graphics. So it really depends on what you're looking for. The N64 didn't have a single SF game. BranKetra

I didn't say it was weak, I remember seeing a early Shenmue build from this forum. I think you posted it, actually. It's just that 2d games seem to be the Saturn's strong point. We've talked about some games on the PS vs the Saturn, before. For example, the Saturn version of SF: Alpha 3 looks much better than the PS version. Also, I played Panzer Dragoon Zwei. It's definitely a 3d game, though the N64 has better 3d titles IMO.

Shenmue isnt so much of an example of a game that pushes the polygon ability, its more of a game that pushes everything correctly , it uses alot of 2D floors and other tricks that few developers used. Zwei is ok , its not amazing by any means, its good lookiing for a 1996 game. though yes, if one goes into the genres that relied on the 3D , the N64 wins those ones.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I can assure that while the Saturn's strong point was 2D , it was certainly no weakling in the 3D department , although the N64 did pretty much crush it in the 3D platformer department ,and 3D action adventure games, in terms of number of games anyways.Darkman2007

Shenmue isnt so much of an example of a game that pushes the polygon ability, its more of a game that pushes everything correctly , it uses alot of 2D floors and other tricks that few developers used. Zwei is ok , its not amazing by any means, its good lookiing for a 1996 game. though yes, if one goes into the genres that relied on the 3D , the N64 wins those ones.

I see. What would be a good example of the Saturn's 3d ability?
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
My favorite genres are RPG and platformer so really I like both for different reasons. Also for shmups I prefer Saturn, but racers I prefer N64. And for fighters I prefer Saturn but party games I prefer N64. Tie.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] I didn't say it was weak, I remember seeing a early Shenmue build from this forum. I think you posted it, actually. It's just that 2d games seem to be the Saturn's strong point. We've talked about some games on the PS vs the Saturn, before. For example, the Saturn version of SF: Alpha 3 looks much better than the PS version. Also, I played Panzer Dragoon Zwei. It's definitely a 3d game, though the N64 has better 3d titles IMO.BranKetra

I see. What would be a good example of the Saturn's 3d ability?

depends which genre. the Saturn does best in fighting games and games that use the VDP2 , but some games I find to be very good looking on the system are Burning Rangers (though it does also suffer from flicker, pretty bad at times) www.youtube.com/watch?v=_syz7FSPd70 Bulk Slash www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwfdIzk9W4A&feature=related Quake www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEmGElGbcw DOA www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLbUUC6uRo Last Bronx www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIzCcBYnBIc Go Go Goal www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAmuLCEEjJ0 Sonic R www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s3dP8GUFSw just a couple I could think of right now, though there are what you could call "lesser" examples, like Panzer Saga, Virtua Cop 2 , Panzer Zwei ,etc.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dudersaper
Nights into Dreams used both 2D and 3D graphics and it's one of the best looking games imo. I think it's not a matter if the graphics are 2D, 3D, or both, it's just what fits in better and makes the game look right.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Nights into Dreams used both 2D and 3D graphics and it's one of the best looking games imo. I think it's not a matter if the graphics are 2D, 3D, or both, it's just what fits in better and makes the game look right.

Nights is fast, very fast at times, though I kinda look at it like another Virtua Figher 2, everybody says its one of the best looking , though at least from my experience I could never understand why people say it. Burning Rangers actually uses the Nights engine, though its kind of a double edged sword.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 branketra
@Darkman2007, IMO DoA and Quake are good examples.
Nights into Dreams used both 2D and 3D graphics and it's one of the best looking games imo. I think it's not a matter if the graphics are 2D, 3D, or both, it's just what fits in better and makes the game look right.Dudersaper
yeah, it's good looking.
SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SpikeyAss
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts

I haven't been on here for a while, but it's hilarious to see that you're still making these threads, Banjo. You have a predilection for the N64, we get it. So why do you need to keep making these threads regarding the N64 VS the Playstation/Saturn? Why not just play the console and enjoy it? I know I do.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I feel like the N64 ultimately had the better library.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Darkman2007

I haven't been on here for a while, but it's hilarious to see that you're still making these threads, Banjo. You have a predilection for the N64, we get it. So why do you need to keep making these threads regarding the N64 VS the Playstation/Saturn? Why not just play the console and enjoy it? I know I do.

SpikeyAss
maybe he is a masochist , everytime he makes one of these threads it usually ends in him losing the argument :P maybe it has something to do with the fact he doesn't own a Saturn , and owns about 16 N64 games (not bad, but I kind of expected him to have alot more than that given his opinion on the console)