My Top 20 Games (RPG)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DredLord2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By DredLord2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have compiled a list of my all-time favorite games, most happen to be RPGs because I find them to be more emotionally impactful; I find myself not wanting to quit when the game is over. These are the games that contain a universe in which I wish I could live forever. These games have not only been enjoyable, but I can also say that I have honestly learned from them. Of course, however, I haven't played every game in existence and if you feel that there is a game that should be on this list feel free to mention it and maybe I can try it out!

#0 The Witcher 3

#1 The Witcher 2

#2 Bioshock Infinite

#3 Mass Effect 3

#4 The Witcher

#5 Mass Effect

#6 Mass Effect 2

#7 Assassins Creed

#8 World of Warcraft

#9 Portal 2

#10 Portal

#11 Rise of Argonauts

#12 Half-Life Series

#13 Dragon Age: Origins

#14 Fallout 3

#15 Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

#16 Far Cry 3

#17 Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

#18 Dragon Age 2

#19 Fallout: New Vegas

#20 Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Really? I hope you are trolling, well I don't but I do.

DredLord2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DredLord2

@mattykovax: Let's at least try to be a little more explanative or constructive with our criticisms please.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mattykovax

Because quite a few of those are not RPG's.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@DredLord2 said:

@mattykovax: Let's at least try to be a little more explanative or constructive with our criticisms please.

He's saying some on your list are not RPGs. Make sure your list is specific to the genre you're specifying as well. What is with the ()? Be more definitive in you title like "My Top 20 RPG Games of all time!!!!"

I actually like the list though. Some great games in there. , TES, Mass Effect Trilogy. The Witcher

PS: Don't let lulu see this thread or we will get an RPG lecture. :P <3

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattykovax

@bowchicka07 said:

@DredLord2 said:

He's saying some on your list are not RPGs. Make sure your list is specific to the genre you're specifying as well. What is with the ()? Be more definitive in you title like "My Top 20 RPG Games of all time!!!!"

I actually like the list though. Some great games in there. , TES, Mass Effect Trilogy. The Witcher

I almost edited my response to say that. Even the non rpgs are really good games, its not a bad list at all.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Far Cry 3? that's not an RPG.

DredLord2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DredLord2

Thank you for the positive feedback. Perhaps I should have said, "most happen to be RPGs," excuse me for my imperfect word choice, even though the point of the post is the list, not the introduction paragraph, I will correct it. For some reason it wont let me even see the paragraph outside of edit.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I was a little confused for a moment there. I thought you were from the future seeing as Gamespot said your post was from 4 years, 3 months ago.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

huh... well okay then... what's the sample size?

CyrenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CyrenII
Member since 2013 • 70 Posts

@DredLord2: Cool list, but what made you pick Dragon Age 2 and the first Assassin's Creed? Could you elaborate? I'm not trying to be full of shit, I'd be interested in knowing what it was that appealed to you about those games. I found the first Assassin's Creed to have less variety than Tetris and Dragon Age 2 felt pretty much the same, just generic as hell.

The first Assassin's Creed rocked in terms of setting and atmosphere though.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@DredLord2 said:

#3 Mass Effect 3

#5 Mass Effect

#6 Mass Effect 2

#8 World of Warcraft

#13 Dragon Age: Origins

#16 Far Cry 3

#18 Dragon Age 2

Those are some good choices

DredLord2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DredLord2

Hey guys, thanks for the interest in my list! Unfortunately, my laptop is crapping out so I'm having to do everything on my phone for the time being, I tried responding earlier, but I don't know if my comment went through so I'm going to post it again. @CyrenII: I chose Dragon Age because it is one of my all time favorite RPGs. It was one of the first massive choice making games and the developers really did an excellent job at making you feel like every decision you made, even in simple dialogue, had a major impact in the world. Maybe with today's expectation it may be lacking a bit, but in its time it was a revolutionary game. Dragon Age 2, was a little more disappointing because of its limitations, smaller world, and less creativity on the player's part, but it did add a lot of things that I enjoyed that just weren't in Dragon Age. It has been a few years so I don't quite remember everything, but one aspect I really liked was a voice acted player character; It really bumped up the immersion factor. I also really enjoyed that characters in Dragon Age 2, I felt as if they were more in-depth than some of the characters in the first game. But it is listed lower on the list than other games for good reason, but still one of my favorites! As for Assassins Creed, I loved the story behind it and its implementation of real life scenarios. It adds interesting twists to history. I also enjoyed the controls of the game, it was well put together and I felt like the bugs and issues were very minimal compared to what they could have been. The other Assassins Creed games were good as well, but they just didn't draw me in as much as the first one did, but that's my opinion.

One thing that I would like to point out is the last game, Divinity II. I really enjoyed this RPG, but it is the only game I have ever played that I thought was incredible, but haven't seen any hype or discussion or even advertisement for. I first saw it a few years ago and bought it because it was on sale thinking it was just going to be a time killer, but I found myself playing it for days on end! Has anyone else played this game and what is your opinion?

Oh, and yes this list is 4 years old, I have been creating it for a while, its not something I just whipped up in an afternoon. So I hope that adds some legitimacy behind it.