My Favorite Games Of The Year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

This game was a total surprise to me. After i saw E3 i immediately had faith in this game. It looked kind of half assed to begin with. But the more i saw of it, the more i got impressed. The game was hard to start with, but it was learning you how the game played. You couldn't always run into a bunch of orcs and expect to survive. The overall combat is just so much fun to play with once you get all of the upgrades. You just feel so awesome when you're surrounded by 20 orcs and you own them so much.

• Destiny

Now i get all the hate it has gotten. But i've personally invested over 300 hours in this game. The gameplay is just so good. It's so tight that the pvp just seems seamless. The story however could have been better. But the gameplay is just so good that it's on my favorite games this year.

• The Walking Dead Season 2

Season 2 had big shoes to fill to show that the show could continue. They did, by showing us the perspective of Clementine. This time you took control of her, and ever though. The choices i felt at least had more impact this time. The ending was also more open than ever.

• Watch Dogs

Now you can say it was downgraded or whatever. I still loved the heck out of some of the puzzles. I also liked the stealth gameplay. That was really complemented well with all the gadgets and progression in the game. I really liked the hideouts in the game, because they were different everytime and gave you puzzles combined with stealth gameplay. You could go Rambo in and kill all of them, but i avoided it.

• The Wolf Among Us

Wolf Among Us is my favorite game of the year. The storytelling was just the most i've been gripped with. They story just felt so good and the characters were so well written. The gameplay was also better compared to Walking Dead, which relied more on it's story than this game. Here you had fights and more interactions where you investigated people or incidents. My favorite game by far

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2015

The best sports game i have played this year by far. Just so well put together. I love the new modes and how the Master League works. The Fox engine makes the game look so much better. I would recomend it over FIFA imho.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I really ought to try out that Middle earth game. It sounds great. In any case, 2014 saw the release of two games that deserved to be regarded as the pinnacles of their respective genres. Their level of detail, quality of design, perfect polish, and near endless content not only made these games the best of the year, but some of the best in this industry's history.

I'm of course talking about Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Bayonetta 2. These two should go down in history as works of gaming art.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Destiny and Shadow of Mordor are some of my favorites this year too. Watch Dogs was good, but not nearly that great for me. I still have yet to play Dragon Age: Inquisition, Assassin's Creed Unity, Diablo 3, and This War of Mine, as those are on top of my list of games to get soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Dark Souls 2.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Having not played Destiny for over 3 months and recently getting back into it, I must say its really fun. Im debating on getting the new expansion. Watch dogs was good too. Two games that got a lot of negative feedback but I enjoyed anyways.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Totally agree with Walking Dead & Wolf Among Us... incredible story-telling and why I think games are better at telling stories than movies.

Also add Wolfenstein, Valiant Hearts & Child of Light to that list.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I really ought to try out that Middle earth game. It sounds great. In any case, 2014 saw the release of two games that deserved to be regarded as the pinnacles of their respective genres. Their level of detail, quality of design, perfect polish, and near endless content not only made these games the best of the year, but some of the best in this industry's history.

I'm of course talking about Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Bayonetta 2. These two should go down in history as works of gaming art.

You're praising Donkey Kong? I'm speechless, you're last person I would have expected to praise that game. :P

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Damn, I need to play Wolfenstein, Forza Horizon 2, Walking Dead Season 2, and the Pokemon remakes.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Damn, I need to play Wolfenstein, Forza Horizon 2, Walking Dead Season 2, and the Pokemon remakes.

Yeah, I have to get on top of inFAMOUS Second Son now that I have a PS4. I absolutely loved the first two games. There was just something about them that really appealed to me personally. I'm sure everybody is missing something they might like that came out this year.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

for me the best games the walkind dead season 2 alien isolation AC unity DA inguisition child of light watch dogs shadow of mordor the most dissapoing games this year for me 1 nba 2k15 fifa 1015 PES 2015 lord of fallen dark souls 2 final fantasy 13-3 castlevania los2

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Last_Ride

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Totally agree with Walking Dead & Wolf Among Us... incredible story-telling and why I think games are better at telling stories than movies.

Also add Wolfenstein, Valiant Hearts & Child of Light to that list.

I agree with that, not all of them though. But they're pretty good

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Divinity: Original Sin :

Amazing game and one of the best RPGs ever. It exceeded my every expectation. It really deserves all the praise it is getting. In fact, it deserves even more. 87MC score isn't enough for this game. Beautiful visuals, Lovely Soundtrack, One of the best Gameplays ever, Great and functional combat system, Great writing and plot, Memorable characters, stunning art style, ton of options, mods, map editor, Co-op and Lan support etc etc etc. What's not to like? It is my GOTY so far and I think that it is also the best PC Game since Witcher 2.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@Pikminmaniac said:

It's hard to start with, but then you get the hang of things and it's awesome. I am not a Bayonetta fan tbh

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

My Fav games are Tomb Raider DE, Wolfenstein, Sunset Overdrive, Unity, Metro Redux, Far Cry 4

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'd say my favs for 2014 (in order)

1. DA Inquisition
  2. Alien Isolation
  3. The Evil Within
  4. WoW WoD
  5. AC Unity
  6. Ryse Son of Rome (PC version)
  7. Wolfenstein TNO
  8. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  9. Shadow of Mordor
  10. Dark Souls 2
Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

1. Dragon Age Inquisition

2. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

3. Bravely Default

4. Tales of Hearts R

5. Mario Kart 8

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

@Ballroompirate said:

1. DA Inquisition
  2. Alien Isolation
  3. The Evil Within
  4. WoW WoD
  5. AC Unity
  7. Wolfenstein TNO
  9. Shadow of Mordor
  10. Dark Souls 2

i am trying out DA right now

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Ballroompirate said:

1. DA Inquisition
  2. Alien Isolation
  3. The Evil Within
  4. WoW WoD
  5. AC Unity
  7. Wolfenstein TNO
  9. Shadow of Mordor
  10. Dark Souls 2

i am trying out DA right now

It's a good game

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

The Stick of Truth was pretty entertaining. most memorable for me.

I've had the most fun with Loadout for PC

It has been such a good year. across all platforms.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

My top 10 in order of release are:

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  2. Plants VS. Zombies: Garden Warfare
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  4. Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty!
  5. The Walking Dead: Season 2
  6. Hyrule Warriors
  7. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  8. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  9. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  10. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: man how the hell do you have over 300 hours logged on one game? Lol I've played last of us MP since July just about every day, I think I'm around 90 hours in

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride

@jcrame10 said:

@The_Last_Ride: man how the hell do you have over 300 hours logged on one game? Lol I've played last of us MP since July just about every day, I think I'm around 90 hours in

Oh, but i've way worse than that... 1500 hours into Star Wars The Old Republic

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#22 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

The South Park game is my favorite :)

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

You have destiny and watch dogs, your list is invalid.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

My games for 2014:

Watch Dogs [PS4]

Mario Kart 8 [Wii U]

Destiny [PS4]

Transistor [PS4]

Titanfall [Xbox One]

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor [PS4]

These are my games that I really fucking enjoy for 2014 and my earliest first game for 2015 will be Dying Light for PS4.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Krelian-co: I have Destiny on my list too. It's a great game. You might not agree, but many do.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Last_Ride

@davillain- said:

My games for 2014:

Watch Dogs [PS4]

Mario Kart 8 [Wii U]

Destiny [PS4]

Transistor [PS4]

Titanfall [Xbox One]

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor [PS4]

These are my games that I really fucking enjoy for 2014 and my earliest first game for 2015 will be Dying Light for PS4.

Yeah i have to try out Transistor

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

The instant I heard about an Arkham-style hack&slash set in Middle Earth, I knew I had to have it. When I finally got my hands on it, I was not disappointed. I will say, though, that fully upgrading Talk on makes him so OP that the last third of the game is less fun than the first.

Sunset Overdrive was also a top winner for the year. Style shooters are so woefully under represented, but this ones is positively tops. It's reminiscent in tone to psp's wildly underrated Chili con Carnage, but the gameplay was a curious cross between WET and Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast. And some of the fourth wall jokes had me cracking up for minutes at a time. Probably my GotY.

TMNT: Danger of the Ooze (3DS)was one of the best metroidvania knockoffs in recent memory, and one of the only Ninja Turtle games to ever bring across the feel of the ninja agility of the turtles. And the various nods to the previous incarnations of the turtles was satisfying.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#29 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Call of Duty:AW

Halo:MCC. Even though the multiplayer is broken.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Last_Ride

@El_Zo1212o said:

The instant I heard about an Arkham-style hack&slash set in Middle Earth, I knew I had to have it. When I finally got my hands on it, I was not disappointed. I will say, though, that fully upgrading Talk on makes him so OP that the last third of the game is less fun than the first.

Sunset Overdrive was also a top winner for the year. Style shooters are so woefully under represented, but this ones is positively tops. It's reminiscent in tone to psp's wildly underrated Chili con Carnage, but the gameplay was a curious cross between WET and Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast. And some of the fourth wall jokes had me cracking up for minutes at a time. Probably my GotY.

TMNT: Danger of the Ooze (3DS)was one of the best metroidvania knockoffs in recent memory, and one of the only Ninja Turtle games to ever bring across the feel of the ninja agility of the turtles. And the various nods to the previous incarnations of the turtles was satisfying.

Yeah Middle Earth was pretty awesome