Multiplat games that were better on the GBA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I can only think of Astro Boy Omega Factor,that game was boss.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

It's all a matter of preference. Personally, I prefered the original SNES versions of these, because that's how I remember the games being. But nonetheless, all the Super Mario Advance games, Donkey Kong Country, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past had little extras and added audio that the original SNES versions didn't have.

Then of course there's the complete remake of NES's Metroid in GBA's Metroid: Zero Mission. Which is quite possible the greatest remake of a video game ever created.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

It's all a matter of preference. Personally, I prefered the original SNES versions of these, because that's how I remember the games being. But nonetheless, all the Super Mario Advance games, Donkey Kong Country, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past had little extras and added audio that the original SNES versions didn't have.

Then of course there's the complete remake of NES's Metroid in GBA's Metroid: Zero Mission. Which is quite possible the greatest remake of a video game ever created.

Emerald_Warrior

'twas a little easy and short

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

rilpas

It's definitely easy, but there's not much you can do with the length when the NES version was also short, save for the awesome final post-Mother Brain stealth segment.

I remember laughing my way through MZM on Hard mode and getting 100% items, little was I informed that getting 100% items increased the difficulty for Mecha Ridley quite a lot!

Difficulty and length doesn't degrade the quality of that gem by any stretch of the imagination anyway, it's a masterpiece

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

NirdBerd

It's definitely easy, but there's not much you can do with the length when the NES version was also short, save for the awesome final post-Mother Brain stealth segment.

I remember laughing my way through MZM on Hard mode and getting 100% items, little was I informed that getting 100% items increased the difficulty for Mecha Ridley quite a lot!

Difficulty and length doesn't degrade the quality of that gem by any stretch of the imagination anyway, it's a masterpiece

What he said. And they extended the original game a bit by adding the Space Pirate base-infiltration part.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

NirdBerd

I think it kind of does.

Not saying I wanted the game to drag on, but I do think the game paled in comparison to Super Metroid or even Metroid Fusion for those two reasons

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]'twas a little easy and short

rilpas

I think it kind of does.

Not saying I wanted the game to drag on, but I do think the game paled in comparison to Super Metroid or even Metroid Fusion for those two reasons

No debating that. Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion are probably the 2 greatest Metroid games ever made. But since this thread is about multiplats, they aren't really in the runnings here.

As far as remakes go, the only one I hold in the same high-standards as Metroid: Zero Mission is Resident Evil on Gamecube. Metroid: Zero Mission paid respect to original game, while adding to it. And they added more than just a new coat of paint, like most remakes. They actually redid the whole thing, gave it better controls, a map system, new gameplay segments, and more story surrounding the gameplay. It improved on the original immensly without disrespecting it. It is a shining example of what a remake should be.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreekGameManiac

>_>

Can you pls go back to the point of my thread and NOT make this a SNES VS GBA thread,thank you...

Cause i said multiplats,not late ports.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Emerald_Warrior

>_>

Can you pls go back to the point of my thread and NOT make this a SNES VS GBA thread,thank you...

Cause i said multiplats,not late ports.

GreekGameManiac

Probably should have been more specific, then. Because a multiplat simply means games on multiple systems. Metroid was originally on NES, BTW.

So then you're looking for games that were released on GBA and PSP, but better on GBA?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreekGameManiac

Probably should have been more specific, then. Because a multiplat simply means games on multiple systems. Metroid was originally on NES, BTW.

So then you're looking for games that were released on GBA and PSP, but better on GBA?

Emerald_Warrior

Specific? i know that,i WAS.

All im saying is that you guys turned this into a SNES VS GBA thing >_>

And i know that,i'm not ignorant.

Why are you listing only portables?

I said multiplats.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emerald_Warrior

GreekGameManiac

Specific? i know that,i WAS.

All im saying is that you guys turned this into a SNES VS GBA thing >_>

And i know that,i'm not ignorant.

Why are you listing only portables?

I said multiplats.

Tone it back there, slugger. I only answered you're question. You asked what multiplats are better on GBA. You never said games from older systems don't count. Your original post is anything but specific:

I can only think of Astro Boy Omega Factor,that game was boss.

GreekGameManiac

Before you get your panties all in a wad, explain what you mean exactly by mulitplats instead of getting upset that people are naming multiplats from the SNES. Because your idea of multiplat seems to be different than everyone else's. A port is a multiplat game in anyone else's defintion.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GreekGameManiac

Tone it back there, slugger. I only answered you're question. You asked what multiplats are better on GBA. You never said games from older systems don't count. Your original post is anything but specific:

Before you get your panties all in a wad, explain what you mean exactly by mulitplats instead of getting upset that people are naming multiplats from the SNES. Because your idea of multiplat seems to be different than everyone else's. A port is a multiplat game in anyone else's defintion.

Emerald_Warrior

>_> slugger? lol,what? i don't even...

And yes godf*cking damnit! i know that!!!!!!!! my f*cking point WAS that u argued about SNES VS GBA,and spammed the thread.

God,get it already and move on!!!

U f*cking said it yourself,multiplats are games released for multipe systems...

And ur only talking for SNES-GBA...get it already?

Can't you like not fckn misunderstand my posts?

>_>

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Emerald_Warrior

GreekGameManiac

>_> slugger? lol,what? i don't even...

And yes godf*cking damnit! i know that!!!!!!!! my f*cking point WAS that u argued about SNES VS GBA,and spammed the thread.

God,get it already and move on!!!

U f*cking said it yourself,multiplats are games released for multipe systems...

And ur only talking for SNES-GBA...get it already?

Can't you like not fckn misunderstand my posts?

>_>

Now you're just being ridiculous. I don't see how naming SNES ports is spamming the thread, and I definetly don't see how it warrants your little tantrum here. You asked which ports are better, it just so happens that the ones I mentioned are SNES ports. It seems to me you have an issue with my opinion is the only problem here. And frankly, I have a right to my opinion about it. If I like SNES ports, then YOU deal with it. I'm not "spamming the thread" by naming Metroid and Super Mario Advance games. And I'm not system warring about SNES being better than GBA or anything. But your response there is just childish.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GreekGameManiac

Now you're just being ridiculous. I don't see how naming SNES ports is spamming the thread, and I definetly don't see how it warrants your little tantrum here. You asked which ports are better, it just so happens that the ones I mentioned are SNES ports. It seems to me you have an issue with my opinion is the only problem here. And frankly, I have a right to my opinion about it. If I like SNES ports, then YOU deal with it. I'm not "spamming the thread" by naming Metroid and Super Mario Advance games. And I'm not system warring about SNES being better than GBA or anything. But your response there is just childish.

Emerald_Warrior

Well i'm sorry Emerald_Warrior,i don't know if i can give you excuses for getting angry,i can tell you it was pretty late when i wrote that.

And i got busy afterwards,and didn't get the chance to censor it,so i'm sorry.

I guess i got angry because of that,just like i said,i didn't wanna have just SNES to GBA games for an entire page.

Your point is taken,talk about SNES ports all you like.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#15 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

What other system is Astro Boy: Omega factor on? Is it a remake?

There are not a lot of multiplats I've played for GBA. When games were released on GBA as well as other systems at the time, the GBA version tended to be way, way different--like isometric or 2D instead of 3D--so different I would generally consider them a seperate game rather than the same game on a different platform. Sometimes they are cool in their own right but I just don't think, for example, Tomb Raider: Legend is the same game on GBA is it is on anything else--and their are lots of other games in the same boat.

As far as ports, I am definitely more likely to play the GBA versions of all the Mario games available since they have save systems which tend to work better for me. Being able to save at all in Mario 2 or 3 is a huge plus and being able to save whenever I wanted in Super Mario World didn't seem to make it any less hard.