Modernwarfare 2 Community hostile and not very friendly

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

Ok so II love MW2 way to much so much i own it on both consoles but on the xbox more than the PS3 It seems the Community is very hostile not very PLayer friendly i mean ive got so many hate mail messgaes from taking enemy crates or Killing them when they are on a kill streak dont get me wrong it can be like this on the ps3 just not as much what do you think ?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I score a lot of buzzkills and steal crates all the time, but never get any hateful message. Still, I agree, xbox live is filled with morons. There also are a lot of nice and decent folks, but they generally shy away from game chat because of said morons.
worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 worthyofnote
Member since 2007 • 21896 Posts

It comes with the territory. Take a bunch of pre-teens and teens with attitude they may not openly express in school or at home around their parents, give them a controller and a headset, and let the trash talking begin. I don't mind a little friendly competition or talk like "So got you last round with those headshots, step it up son." I just can't stand people who feel like letting racial slurs and the same old profanity ridden phrases and mom jokes fly. It gets old really fast. Not much you can do but suck it up and play and try to ignore them. Thus the mute feature and the report feature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

At first it was pretty quite, now it's pretty much; ZOMG NUBE TOOB, ZOMG JAV NOOB, ZOMG NADE NOOB, ZOMG RIOT SHIELD NOOB, ZOMG RPG NOOB, ZOMG ACR NOOB, ZOMG 1887 NOOB, ZOMG GUN NOOB, ZOMG HUMAN NOOB. Hear at least one of those every single game I play. People complain too much in this game (on PC anyway).

Korn_Wallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Korn_Wallace
Member since 2002 • 1950 Posts

The trash talkers, racists, 12 year olds singing into the mic, ultra serious gamers and generally annoying people on XBox Live or any form of online gaming is nothing new. I just mute everyone else except for friends. Most random people I've encountered gaming online have nothing constructive to say. I've come across a few good people, but it's not worth having the mic on and drudging through the idiots for those few courteous gamers.

That's why I look for a group of regulars to play MW2 with.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

I play on PC. Never had a problem with anyone. everyone is mostly polite.

MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
It's because the people who play it are not the close knit group of gamers like the old days. Now the jocks who used to make fun of gamers are now playing Halo and CoD. It's not about being immersed in a game anymore, but just the adrenaline rush for meat heads. Hence why games are becoming more simpler.
bekkilyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bekkilyn
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts
It's not really anything new for online games, but it's just that they have mics now. It was exactly this bad or worse when Ultima Online first came out, as one example. They just had to type all the racial slurs and profanity instead of speaking it, and usually in all caps (or alternating caps) with horrible spelling. The "old days" may just be nostalgia.
JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

mmmh the racial thing gets old quick i mean im brttish and i get it for being brittish what happend asking where your from what are all this You know Humans not 12 year olds that think there hardcore im 17 but i dont go around trying to slang everyone because im hardcore i just want to play friendly competition with some decent people who like a joke if you want that feel free to add me Gamertag below but yeah someone needs to step down on the Whole ZOMG noob thing drives me insane

NaPa x

Kahnray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kahnray
Member since 2003 • 1921 Posts

I don't know, the PSN community (in my experience) has been generally tame. You'll get the occassional asshat, but thats what the Mute option is for. I even heard someone say "good game!" the other night :shock:

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

lol. You get hate messages for taking crates? LOL!

I have never had that happen.

But then again I dont game on Xbox Live. :P

That said, sometimes I myself get really pissed off at getting owned by a certain player, like really pissed, but instead of cursing him or quitting out, I up my game and stalk that bastard until he quits himself. People love their K/D ratios in MW2, so they quit out of the lobby even if they have one bad game. Good for me. :)

DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
the console online community tends to be bad all around. I played Little Big Planet with 3 little 12 year olds. One began to throw a fit because he wanted to sit and customize while we wanted to play the level. He was kicked after he kept on whining and getting us killed.
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

To be fair, the biggest reason the PS3 community doesn't scream at you is because they don't have mics. The only people who drop $50 to get a good mic probably aren't the kinds of people who would scream either.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 S0lidSnake

To be fair, the biggest reason the PS3 community doesn't scream at you is because they don't have mics. The only people who drop $50 to get a good mic probably aren't the kinds of people who would scream either.

AtomicTangerine

They could still send you hate messages.

randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

AtomicTangerine

false u can use almost any bluetooth headset u please on ps3 so i think that would mean more people would have headsets on PSN. and yes they still can send u hate mail.

As for my experience i havent had any problems with rude gamers on PSN even when i do really well and kill everyone on the other team. ive only been on a team with a super annoying person like twice ever. and thats what the mute option is for =P

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

I play and Dont use a mic. When I hear all the jerkoffs playing music and shouting profanity, it reminds me why I dont use one.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

I am not allowed to play MW2 because its a man's game according to the MW2 community. :roll:

Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
I think trash talkers are funny. Don't take it so personally.
suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 suntaice
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

Its hard, they demotivate you so bad that you dont want to game anymore.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
I never steal crates unless it's one of my friends who tells me to get it for him if he dies OR if it's the enemies'. There's this hidden rule that I feel I should respect other players. Most of the time, they respect me as well. But I did experience other teammates that are not my friends trying to steal mine. One dude tried to knife me on my own crate! I haven't experienced somebody sending me a message but I'm not surprised it happens.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 S0lidSnake

I never steal crates unless it's one of my friends who tells me to get it for him if he dies OR if it's the enemies'. There's this hidden rule that I feel I should respect other players. Most of the time, they respect me as well. But I did experience other teammates that are not my friends trying to steal mine. One dude tried to knife me on my own crate! I haven't experienced somebody sending me a message but I'm not surprised it happens. ASK_Story

Nah dude. I meant stealing the other team's crates. If I kill an enemy guy waiting for his care package to drop, should I be nice to him and let him respawn and get his precious care package? No.

As for stealing your teammate's care package, well it's almost impossible since it takes FOREVER to capture your teammate's care package, while you can capture it in seconds. If you see your teammate stealing your care package, then simply walk up and capture it, the counter will stop for the other dude and give you preference over the care package.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]I never steal crates unless it's one of my friends who tells me to get it for him if he dies OR if it's the enemies'. There's this hidden rule that I feel I should respect other players. Most of the time, they respect me as well. But I did experience other teammates that are not my friends trying to steal mine. One dude tried to knife me on my own crate! I haven't experienced somebody sending me a message but I'm not surprised it happens. S0lidSnake

Nah dude. I meant stealing the other team's crates. If I kill an enemy guy waiting for his care package to drop, should I be nice to him and let him respawn and get his precious care package? No.

As for stealing your teammate's care package, well it's almost impossible since it takes FOREVER to capture your teammate's care package, while you can capture it in seconds. If you see your teammate stealing your care package, then simply walk up and capture it, the counter will stop for the other dude and give you preference over the care package.

My bad. I misunderstood. Yeah, I steal enemy crates all the time. I mean, it's part of the game and military strategy, right? It makes no sense to get mad about that. I don't get mad when someone steals mine because it's part of the game. I get mad at myself for dying and not getting it though. But that's mostly because it's my fault. They're probably kids or adults who have a temper problem. Like I said, I only saw one moron trying to take my crate right in front of me! And he tried to knife me! But that was only once. Most of the time, everyone plays fair.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

It's because the people who play it are not the close knit group of gamers like the old days. Now the jocks who used to make fun of gamers are now playing Halo and CoD. It's not about being immersed in a game anymore, but just the adrenaline rush for meat heads. Hence why games are becoming more simpler.MetallicaKings

Exactly, and its a shame its come to this.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

[QUOTE="AtomicTangerine"]

randino84

false u can use almost any bluetooth headset u please on ps3 so i think that would mean more people would have headsets on PSN. and yes they still can send u hate mail.

As for my experience i havent had any problems with rude gamers on PSN even when i do really well and kill everyone on the other team. ive only been on a team with a super annoying person like twice ever. and thats what the mute option is for =P

I didn't mean that as a knock against the PS3 or something, but you can't honestly think that many people have mics, do you? The 360 mic is only $20, and most people got one with the system. I can play almost any 360 game and, at least before the party system, have people talking. I play a game of Killzone 2 and I'm lucky if anybody talks at all, and even then, it is only a few guys at best. I'm sure if you play with a group of friends you wouldn't notice it, but compared to Xbox Live, PSN is a quiet, lonely place.

Karratti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Karratti
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

Even though you CAN use any Bluetooth headset with the PS3 (I've gone through three until I found the one I like), I think it's just a different crowd on PSN than in XBox. I think this problem with the Modern Warfare 2 Community is primarily on the 360. As someone above mentioned, it's the fact that a lot of these kids playing are teenagers who found a place where they can act like **cks to everyone and no one is going to do anything about it.

I think, also, is that the PSN community is a little, (and I mean a little), more mature. My reasoning is just that because the PS3 was more expensive than the 360 for so long, most of the gamers that make up the PSN community are a little older, have a little more money, and are a little more established. For two years, when people outside of gaming thought of the hobby, they pictured an Xbox 360 controller in their hands.

Parents bought it for their kids instead of the PS3 because it was cheaper. However, I think as the time goes on, more people will pick up headsets, and don't you worry. We'll get our own group of repressed teenagers that will start shouting racial epithets at everyone whenever we dare to do anything against them. My, that does sound exciting.

Wolf_BladeGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wolf_BladeGX
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

mmmh the racial thing gets old quick i mean im brttish and i get it for being brittish what happend asking where your from what are all this You know Humans not 12 year olds that think there hardcore im 17 but i dont go around trying to slang everyone because im hardcore i just want to play friendly competition with some decent people who like a joke if you want that feel free to add me Gamertag below but yeah someone needs to step down on the Whole ZOMG noob thing drives me insane

NaPa x

JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

Punctuation bro, punctuation.

Wolf_BladeGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wolf_BladeGX
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

I am not allowed to play MW2 because its a man's game according to the MW2 community. :roll:

-Water-Wings-

Eh? You know why? Some of the best Halo players are a clan comprised entirely of girls. The MW2 community is probibly just afraid of you being better then them.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

Whenever I play on psn I just mute those who are annoying. I don't really care about my k/d ratio, I just want to play for fun and relax.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Xbox Live is the absolutely bottom of the barrel when it comes to the gaming community. I set my mike to "friends only" and ignore any messages that come from people that aren't on my friends list. As far as I can tell they're all racist 15-year olds.

shaneomac103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shaneomac103
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts
so true like im black righ and i guess by the way i talk they can tell and they keep sayin the n word like its 2009 there a blk president cant we jus get over race sometimes geez
JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

some people are such racists i bet if they met someone of my size and height in a street they wouldnt say a word but they are so inconsiderate and think they are invincible over a MIC and and down a broadband cable

JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

[QUOTE="JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL"]

NaPa x

Wolf_BladeGX

Punctuation bro, punctuation.

Sorry man, don't normaly punctuate i really need to get into the habit tho.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

so true like im black righ and i guess by the way i talk they can tell and they keep sayin the n word like its 2009 there a blk president cant we jus get over race sometimes geezshaneomac103
The key to it is dont stoop down to their level. Karma will bite them in their ass one day.

JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

true but things like this can be irratating but if you lift your head high you know your are a better person than they are still just hearing some can be very dis-heartening and make you think the game is not wirth playing or is that just me on this one ?

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

'Welcome to the internet' pretty much sums it up.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

MadVybz

Some communities are better than others though. There is a sense of good sportsmanship in the Battlefield games. Most of the time when I receive a friend request after a Battlefield match it is from someone on the other team who enjoyed the competition. I don't think I've ever gotten so much as a 'good game' from someone in COD.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

rragnaar

Some communities are better than others though. There is a sense of good sportsmanship in the Battlefield games. Most of the time when I receive a friend request after a Battlefield match it is from someone on the other team who enjoyed the competition. I don't think I've ever gotten so much as a 'good game' from someone in COD.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone on the internet is an arse, but there's no denying that the vast majority of people who use the internet for gaming and popular social networks (like Youtube) are.

I must be one of the luckiest people on the world at the moment though, because I see nothing but complaints about the communities of Halo, CoD and Gears, but I rarely get into confrontations, and on numerous occasions I do get that 'good game' message.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

MadVybz

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone on the internet is an arse, but there's no denying that the vast majority of people who use the internet for gaming and popular social networks (like Youtube) are.

I must be one of the luckiest people on the world at the moment though, because I see nothing but complaints about the communities of Halo, CoD and Gears, but I rarely get into confrontations, and on numerous occasions I do get that 'good game' message.

I definitely agree with that. I think there is a noisy minority of people in online communities that make the whole bunch seem bad.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] Some communities are better than others though. There is a sense of good sportsmanship in the Battlefield games. Most of the time when I receive a friend request after a Battlefield match it is from someone on the other team who enjoyed the competition. I don't think I've ever gotten so much as a 'good game' from someone in COD.

rragnaar

I definitely agree with that. I think there is a noisy minority of people in online communities that make the whole bunch seem bad.

true. I almost stopped playing U2 because of you.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rragnaar

true. I almost stopped playing U2 because of you.

S0lidSnake

I never deliberately teamkilled you until it became apparent that it was a life or death situation to be on your team.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]true. I almost stopped playing U2 because of you.

rragnaar

I never deliberately teamkilled you until it became apparent that it was a life or death situation to be on your team.

lol. I was talking about whenever i played against you, you would see me coming at you, and instead of shooting at me you would turn away and drop a grenade right on my feet. :P

was kidding about it btw, hope it came across.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rragnaar
was kidding about it btw, hope it came across.S0lidSnake
Likewise. The turn and run strategy works great. The fact is that if you've been hit by someone's bullets, your only option is to get to cover, or die. There isn't time to turn and face someone if they've got the drop on you in that game.
Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mash_Affect
Member since 2008 • 631 Posts

some people are such racists i bet if they met someone of my size and height in a street they wouldnt say a word but they are so inconsiderate and think they are invincible over a MIC and and down a broadband cable

JD-GW-TR-TJ-AL

Why wouldn't they say a word? Because you would threaten them physically? If you're the type of person that threatens or impliesphysical violence as an equalizer to insults, then you are in fact worse (and likely less intelligent) than those that get under your skin with words.

Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mash_Affect

I've never been bothered by people on the internet before. Some of them are annoying and are easily muted, but I don't see why anyone would let someone get to them like that. Especially on the internet.

If your skin is that thin, then simply don't put the headset on. It's not complicated at all.

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
The community should be friendly. I MW2 fan too but i play it on PC.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#47 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

When I'm playing online I don't really use my mic a lot unless I need to communicate with my teammates or chatting with my friends.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#48 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I think both communities are fairly bad. I basically mute everyone anytime I play a FPS online. It takes so much away from the game to have someone going on and on.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I think both communities are fairly bad. I basically mute everyone anytime I play a FPS online. It takes so much away from the game to have someone going on and on.btaylor2404
I wish they put a 'mute all' function in MW2. When I play team modes and I want to chat with my friends I have to mute everyone else one by one every time... else someone will complain about us speaking "foreign languages".
Mash_Affect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mash_Affect

Even though you CAN use any Bluetooth headset with the PS3 (I've gone through three until I found the one I like), I think it's just a different crowd on PSN than in XBox. I think this problem with the Modern Warfare 2 Community is primarily on the 360. As someone above mentioned, it's the fact that a lot of these kids playing are teenagers who found a place where they can act like **cks to everyone and no one is going to do anything about it.

I think, also, is that the PSN community is a little, (and I mean a little), more mature. My reasoning is just that because the PS3 was more expensive than the 360 for so long, most of the gamers that make up the PSN community are a little older, have a little more money, and are a little more established. For two years, when people outside of gaming thought of the hobby, they pictured an Xbox 360 controller in their hands.

Parents bought it for their kids instead of the PS3 because it was cheaper. However, I think as the time goes on, more people will pick up headsets, and don't you worry. We'll get our own group of repressed teenagers that will start shouting racial epithets at everyone whenever we dare to do anything against them. My, that does sound exciting.

Karratti

What a bunch of bull. The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing keeping everyone from yelling at you on PS3, Wii, PC, or anything else,is the lack of a standard, packed-in headset.