Microsoft: ''Xbox One will never be sold without Kinect''

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/microsoft-xbox-one-will-never-come-without-kinect

The value of the Xbox One has recently increased with the inclusion of a bundled headset and a free copy of FIFA 14 in some countries, but those hoping for a cheaper version of the system sold without the (now optional) Kinect will be disappointed: Microsoft has confirmed the console will never be sold without the peripheral. "They are not separate systems" was the official statement.

TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts

Never! Ever!

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
I believe this is relevant to the topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6uVF-G3INw Somebody explain to me again why is MS forcing people that buy a Xbone for $100 more than a PS4 for this?!
Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/microsoft-xbox-one-will-never-come-without-kinect

The value of the Xbox One has recently increased with the inclusion of a bundled headset and a free copy of FIFA 14 in some countries, but those hoping for a cheaper version of the system sold without the (now optional) Kinect will be disappointed: Microsoft has confirmed the console will never be sold without the peripheral. "They are not separate systems" was the official statement.

Black_Knight_00

Um no real surprise here....Not even sure why this newsworthy here:|

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Kinect with every console = optimistic devs. Why can't people understand this.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
Tying a system to an expensive controller gamers aren't sold on is like tying a swimmer to an anchor. The Kinect 2 will be useful for some gamers, but a lot of core games will never see the merit in it. The original sold fine as an add on but only a minority bought it so I'm more than a little surprised MS is now making it something everyone that wants to play the Xbone has to pay for.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#7 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Never! Ever!

TheMierArmy

Never ever gonna get it!

-

They seem to be standing behind Kinect, and their pricing. Maybe they finally planted their foot to gain some traction. Still far too much to ask for what they're offering me. When the price drops, I may think about picking one up if it's got some exclusives that beckon.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#8 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
A week passes, news story, Microsoft selling the Xbox One without Kinect.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

If the PS4 ends up outselling the XBONE by a significant margin, MS will be forced to do something, be it eat that extra hundred and sell the system for a comparable price or remove a peripheral feature many of us simply don't want.

I honestly think the XBONE is going to have a slow start at retail and I think the price is going to be a significant reason for that lag.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Tying a system to an expensive controller gamers aren't sold on is like tying a swimmer to an anchor. The Kinect 2 will be useful for some gamers, but a lot of core games will never see the merit in it. The original sold fine as an add on but only a minority bought it so I'm more than a little surprised MS is now making it something everyone that wants to play the Xbone has to pay for.CarnageHeart
Making that anchor optional means not enough people will buy it. If people never buy it, no one will ever be motivated to turn that anchor into a super bitchin' personal water craft. It was an ugly metaphor to begin with, but hopefully somebody understands what I'm getting at here...
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

If the PS4 ends up outselling the XBONE by a significant margin, MS will be forced to do something, be it eat that extra hundred and sell the system for a comparable price or remove a peripheral feature many of us simply don't want.

I honestly think the XBONE is going to have a slow start at retail and I think the price is going to be a significant reason for that lag.

Grammaton-Cleric
That's how it went for PS3. Personally, I think we're going to see Kinect come into it's own in this next generation. It seems like it's going to have a more precise interface than the last one, so hopefully we'll see 1:1 movement- first thing I thought of when they announced Kinect was playing something like free mode in GTA4 and hanging out with your buddies just shootin' the breeze and gesturing naturally. Or flippin' somebody off for running you down when you're crossing the street. Everything else would remain the same- using the controller and all, but it would add a little more "you" into the experience, y'know?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]Tying a system to an expensive controller gamers aren't sold on is like tying a swimmer to an anchor. The Kinect 2 will be useful for some gamers, but a lot of core games will never see the merit in it. The original sold fine as an add on but only a minority bought it so I'm more than a little surprised MS is now making it something everyone that wants to play the Xbone has to pay for.El_Zo1212o
Making that anchor optional means not enough people will buy it. If people never buy it, no one will ever be motivated to turn that anchor into a super bitchin' personal water craft. It was an ugly metaphor to begin with, but hopefully somebody understands what I'm getting at here...

Forcing the inclusion of hardware doesn't necessarily sell gamers or designers on it. Very few games put the tilt sensing of the PS3 controller to any use despite the fact it was there from the get go.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

And I will never buy it with Kinect.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Man are they arrogant... Can't they see people don't want the damn thing?
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69488 Posts

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. The Kinect 2 is important to MS and the idea behind the Xbox One. Its illogical to think they would not include it with every system

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

Forcing the inclusion of hardware doesn't necessarily sell gamers or designers on it. Very few games put the tilt sensing of the PS3 controller to any use despite the fact it was there from the get go.

CarnageHeart

The Kinect 2 has significantly more functional than the tilt sensing of the PS3 controller. Entire games were made for the Kinect. You may not like the Kinect just like I hate the Wii mote, but its illogical to think that Nintendo would have sold the Wii or the Wii U without the Wii mote or tablet.  I can also argue that these controllers were not necessary but it is critical to the concept they are selling. The good thing is that the Kinect from what have been shown does not inhibit traditional gameplay.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts
Fine by me, I certainly don't have a problem with this.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
It's ok.. thanks MS for saving me so much money.. I'm saving heaps by not buying your system and games.. more I can spend on games for the PS4 or more to save to get a new PC gaming rig. Thank you MS!
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
It's ok.. thanks MS for saving me so much money.. I'm saving heaps by not buying your system and games.. more I can spend on games for the PS4 or more to save to get a new PC gaming rig. Thank you MS!Rattlesnake_8
yeah, spending that much on a system with stuff you don't want isn't really worth it
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

Pedro

The Kinect 2 has significantly more functional than the tilt sensing of the PS3 controller. Entire games were made for the Kinect. You may not like the Kinect just like I hate the Wii mote, but its illogical to think that Nintendo would have sold the Wii or the Wii U without the Wii mote or tablet.  I can also argue that these controllers were not necessary but it is critical to the concept they are selling. The good thing is that the Kinect from what have been shown does not inhibit traditional gameplay.

I don't think the Kinect 2 is terrible across the board (I think it will come in handy for Project Spark) I just don't think it will benefit the all or even most genres of games so I don't think forcing it on everyone who wants an Xbone is a good move.
Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Areez

Tying a system to an expensive controller gamers aren't sold on is like tying a swimmer to an anchor. The Kinect 2 will be useful for some gamers, but a lot of core games will never see the merit in it. The original sold fine as an add on but only a minority bought it so I'm more than a little surprised MS is now making it something everyone that wants to play the Xbone has to pay for.CarnageHeart

I m not sure if selling 24 million of an add on, constitutes using the word "minority". Especially when the console user base is roughly 76 million. 

Microsoft really believes that the Kinect 2 offers value, through providing variety in gaming experiences, turning your console into a smart device and or your TV into a smart TV. And by Smart TV, I mean the Kinect 2 provding the features you find on a high end smart HDTV. Let us not forget, that device is also an attempt on Microsofts part to lure the casual gamer in.

Its part of MS vision of becoming the hub for all of our entertainment experiences in the living room. The inclusion of the device is MS attempt to garner even more Kinect 2 support from game devs. Because lets face it, if it does not have a large enough user base, what is the incentive for developers to create games for it? Because every Xbox One will come with the Kinect 2, every game can be developed with it in mind. 

Is this a risk? Sure it is. Personally, I like the gutsy approach as MS is attempting to add some variety, outside of console gaming as we know it. Sort of reminds me when they first unveiled Xbox Live. Actually, some the backlash here is very similar to the backlash against Xbox Live 11 years ago. Does this mean that the device will replace the physical controller? No. It just means that we now potentially have, the option of a different type of gaming experience, to compliment the traditional gaming experience.

We have seen innovation with other devices, such as cell phones and HDTVs. All of these devices offer additional features and services, it seems almost natural the consoles begin to do the same. Consider this. Mobile technology is evolving very fast, Nvidia has a mobile chip that will produce PS3 like graphics on the phone. Android gamers are already spedning more on games than both the DS and Vita combined. Consumers in this day and age want more features and the ease of accessibility to content. If game consoles do not offer more services and new features, they will cease to exist. 

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Big mistake by MS

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#24 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

What choice do they have? Kinect's been billed as a key part of the system. Removing doesn't seem viable given the extreme focus on Kinect implementation.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#25 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Cool, i hope they make a Kinectimals lol.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Areez

[QUOTE="Pedro"]

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

CarnageHeart

I don't think the Kinect 2 is terrible across the board (I think it will come in handy for Project Spark) I just don't think it will benefit the all or even most genres of games so I don't think forcing it on everyone who wants an Xbone is a good move.

If we believe that the Kinect 2 is going to replace the physical controller, than yes, most genres will probably not benefit from the device. If we look at the party games for Kinect 2, such as Kinect Rivals, and think that is the type of experience to be incorporated with all generes, than yes, we'll probably see no benefit. I mean could you imagine playing a FPS using  only motion gestures? 

But could you imagine playing a FPS, having a rocket coming dead at you and with the tilt of your head, dodging said rocket, without having to completely move your characters entire torso with the thumb stick? This example was actually demoed to the folks over at Gizmodo. So it is entirely possible that the device could compliment all generes, by giving the gamer more control over game related movements and thus freeing up buttons, which could be used for other controller related features. Now granted the jury is still out and will not know for sure until after the console is relased.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#27 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

That's too bad. The Xbone was gaining some ground but I just can't be bothered purchasing something I'll never use. I acknowledge the interesting applications behind Kinect and the potential of the device, but it isn't for me.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 firefox59

S0lidSnake
I'm not saying you personally are one of them, but sooo many people that don't care about the inclusion of Kinect are citing MS "flipping" their policies as a reason not to buy the console. Don't you think if MS had released a Kinect-less version people would be like, well MS doesn't know what they are doing, and not buy it anyways? I just truly don't understand the people that won't buy it cause of Kinect. If it's the price that's fine, wait for it to drop $100. But people are killing MS for this unheard change in policy due to the negative outrage and gamers are still finding reasons not to buy the Xbox One.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

firefox59

I'm not saying you personally are one of them, but sooo many people that don't care about the inclusion of Kinect are citing MS "flipping" their policies as a reason not to buy the console. Don't you think if MS had released a Kinect-less version people would be like, well MS doesn't know what they are doing, and not buy it anyways? I just truly don't understand the people that won't buy it cause of Kinect. If it's the price that's fine, wait for it to drop $100. But people are killing MS for this unheard change in policy due to the negative outrage and gamers are still finding reasons not to buy the Xbox One.

Very very true.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Keep in mind that many of the big name games are cross platform. This mean that the kinect in those games will most likely be just pasted on and not that useful.

I find that controller are better at reflecting real life better that motion control.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Black_Knight_00
Some people seem to forget that we are less than 3 months from launch. Launch titles have gone gold or are about to go gold... and what have we seen concerning kinect? The same kind of CG demo reels they showed us in 2009 and that were lies then and thus mean nothing now. Games have gone gold and if they wanted to turn the tide of the public's opinion on kinect, all they had to do was show gameplay of this amazing 1:1 motion controls which track everyithing from your nuts to your blood pressure. Have they done that? No, because it most likely does not do any of that. People who believed their shameless lies in 2009-2010 ("wave any drawing in front of kinect and Milo will recognize what it is and talk about it!!") and bough a kinect will buy their lies this year too. That's what they're hoping for.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

Some people seem to forget that we are less than 3 months from launch. Launch titles have gone gold or are about to go gold... and what have we seen concerning kinect? The same kind of CG demo reels they showed us in 2009 and that were lies then and thus mean nothing now. Games have gone gold and if they wanted to turn the tide of the public's opinion on kinect, all they had to do was show gameplay of this amazing 1:1 motion controls which track everyithing from your nuts to your blood pressure. Have they done that? No, because it most likely does not do any of that. People who believed their shameless lies in 2009-2010 ("wave any drawing in front of kinect and Milo will recognize what it is and talk about it!!") and bough a kinect will buy their lies this year too. That's what they're hoping for.Black_Knight_00

I am interested in these supposed lies of the Kinect 2 you speak of. :|

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I'm not surprised in the least. For better or for worse they believe in Kinect, and they feel it's going to be the driving force behind their console that sets it apart from other console and home entertainment devices. I don't know if it will work, but that's how they feel.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Some people seem to forget that we are less than 3 months from launch. Launch titles have gone gold or are about to go gold... and what have we seen concerning kinect? The same kind of CG demo reels they showed us in 2009 and that were lies then and thus mean nothing now. Games have gone gold and if they wanted to turn the tide of the public's opinion on kinect, all they had to do was show gameplay of this amazing 1:1 motion controls which track everyithing from your nuts to your blood pressure. Have they done that? No, because it most likely does not do any of that. People who believed their shameless lies in 2009-2010 ("wave any drawing in front of kinect and Milo will recognize what it is and talk about it!!") and bough a kinect will buy their lies this year too. That's what they're hoping for.Pedro

I am interested in these supposed lies of the Kinect 2 you speak of. :|

Read posts more carefully
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Some people seem to forget that we are less than 3 months from launch. Launch titles have gone gold or are about to go gold... and what have we seen concerning kinect? The same kind of CG demo reels they showed us in 2009 and that were lies then and thus mean nothing now. Games have gone gold and if they wanted to turn the tide of the public's opinion on kinect, all they had to do was show gameplay of this amazing 1:1 motion controls which track everyithing from your nuts to your blood pressure. Have they done that? No, because it most likely does not do any of that. People who believed their shameless lies in 2009-2010 ("wave any drawing in front of kinect and Milo will recognize what it is and talk about it!!") and bough a kinect will buy their lies this year too. That's what they're hoping for.Black_Knight_00

Yes, this is a very good point. They were deceptive (some would say they flat out lied) with the first device, sending Peter Molyneux out with this fake, ginned up concept and the reality is that it was a terrible piece of technology that no one had any good ideas for; certainly nothing on the scale of Milo. 

That's the better question: why is there a Kinect 2.0? The legacy of the first was built on deception and false promises, garbage games, and poor tech. The device had its shot and no one came upw ith anything noteworthy for it. Now because it's being packed in, all of those problems are going to go away and Microsoft has suddenly become more honest about the device's capabilities for the second iteration? What are people basing this on?

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#36 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Kinect with every console = optimistic devs. Why can't people understand this.

firefox59

Exactly. 100% Kinect install base = devs willing to spend money/time on awesome Kinect-only games as well as incorporate awesome uses into traditional controller-controlled games.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#37 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

firefox59

People are acting like this $100 is some horrible deal-breaker. They're talking about $100 over the life of something you'll have until 2020. And then when MS has awesome Kinect stuff and PS4 fanboys get jealous, they'll shell out the $100 for whatever peripheral Sony dreams up to compete.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

So when do you think they'll bring it out without Kinect? That seems to be MS's thing so far.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

jekyll

People are acting like this $100 is some horrible deal-breaker. They're talking about $100 over the life of something you'll have until 2020. And then when MS has awesome Kinect stuff and PS4 fanboys get jealous, they'll shell out the $100 for whatever peripheral Sony dreams up to compete.

I hear you and I know it. You have to look at the price over the life of the console. I just bought a new T.V. cause my old one died and I decided to spend a little more cause it's something you use EVERY day. $100 for better tech over 2200 something days of use is so insignificant. And Sony already gave up on their peripheral lol.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

jekyll

The $100 is due to the Kinect and one cannot charge a premium for something people aren't sold on. I think Kinect/mocap will work great with Project Spark and Just Dance 2014, not so well with Halo and Forza 5.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Areez

Wow...Did you actually do any fact checking before posting this? Did you even follow all of the news from Gamescom? Or was it only Sony that you were following?

Have you seen the Rare documentary on the development of Kinect Rivals for Xbox One? Where they show Rare devs actually using the device? And where the devs explain some of the technological features of the device? Have you read the demo presented to Gizmodo? Have you seen the online video of IGN playing Kinect Rivals at Gamescom? Have you read the development stroy from Majesco on the accuracy of the Kinect 2?

Do you really understand that the device, is an extension and meant to compliment the controller? Do you know that the device is also intended to broaden the appeal of the Xbox brand to the casual gamer? That the device also adds addtional features that compliment your TV by essentially turning your current HDTV into a smart TV? Providing you the type of features you find on a high end TV.

And what are these lies? Apparently 25 million consumers out of a 76 million installed user base disagree with you. 

Have we seen a game that tracks your heart beat or as you eloquently put it, track your nuts? No. I supposed that you will not be convinced of the Kinect, until the device can actually track your nuts. :|

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Black_Knight_00
Have you seen the Rare documentary on the development of Kinect Rivals for Xbox One?Areez
I knew it. That's exactly what I was talking about. I did see it and like 4 years ago they showed a lot of bullshit that means nothing at all, making the same promises they didn't keep last time and throwing a bunch of technobabble at people who just want to know one thing: "will it work this time around?" In other words: if you have games that will take advantage of kinect this time, show, don't tell And by the way, you're one of a total of maybe 5 people I've heard praising kinect 1. Everyone else calls it a piece of crap and a waste of money and regret buying it. Maybe you should do some fact checking of your own.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
For a company that seems to change their minds every 5 minutes, they sure do like to make absolute statements
Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Areez

[QUOTE="Areez"]Have you seen the Rare documentary on the development of Kinect Rivals for Xbox One?Black_Knight_00
I knew it. That's exactly what I was talking about. I did see it and like 4 years ago they showed a lot of bullshit that means nothing at all, making the same promises they didn't keep last time and throwing a bunch of technobabble at people who just want to know one thing: "will it work this time around?" In other words: if you have games that will take advantage of kinect this time, show, don't tell And by the way, you're one of a total of maybe 5 people I've heard praising kinect 1. Everyone else calls it a piece of crap and a waste of money and regret buying it. Maybe you should do some fact checking of your own.

BK....Did you really watch the Rare video in its entirety? You failed to mention that Rare actually shows how responsive the device is in its demo of Kinect Rivals. They even show how they used the facial recognition of the Kinect 2,  to create your in game champion or avatar for rivals. 

So to your point of showing, Rare did show. They showed us the responsiveness and how the facial recognition is used to create an in game character based on your own facial likeness. You convienantly neglect this part of the video that you claim to have watched.

And by the way, if you have read anything of what I said, regarding the Kinect 1, you would know that I have not exactly praised the device. That is your own assumption do to the fact that I am not on the bandwagon trashing the kinect 2.

And why am I not trashing the kinect 2? Because this device and its internal workings are different from its predecessor.  Stevie Wonder himself can already see, based on what has been shown, that the device is more responsive than Kinect 1. If I had the same dogmatic views of lets say the original,  Galaxy S phone (and lets face it, that phone lacked in comparison to the iPhone at the time), I would have very well just assumed that the S4 would suck too.

And in terms of fact checking...While it is a fact that some who have purchased a kinect may not like, it also a fact that other like the device too...So bad point on your part...

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Black_Knight_00

BK....Did you really watch the Rare video in its entirety? You failed to mention that Rare actually shows how responsive the device is in its demo of Kinect Rivals. They even show how they used the facial recognition of the Kinect 2, to create your in game champion or avatar for rivals. So to your point of showing, Rare did show. They showed us the responsiveness and how the facial recognition is used to create an in game character based on your own facial likeness. You convienantly neglect this part of the video that you claim to have watched. And by the way, if you have read anything of what I said, regarding the Kinect 1, you would know that I have not exactly praised the device. That is your own assumption do to the fact that I am not on the bandwagon trashing the kinect 2. And why am I not trashing the kinect 2? Because this device and its internal workings are different from its predecessor. Stevie Wonder himself can already see, based on what has been shown, that the device is more responsive than Kinect 1. If I had the same dogmatic views of lets say the original, Galaxy S phone (and lets face it, that phone lacked in comparison to the iPhone at the time), I would have very well just assumed that the S4 would suck too. And in terms of fact checking...While it is a fact that some who have purchased a kinect may not like, it also a fact that other like the device too...So bad point on your part...Areez
They showed more or less the same crap 4 years ago and the games didn't turn out half as responsive as they claimed. Where were you? Don't buy corporate PR.

And you've already downsized your kinect approval rates I see: first you said "25 million kinect owners disagree with you" and now we're at "there are some who like the device"

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
So instead of Microsoft losing a 100 on not being able to get rid of the Kinect they are willing to lose 500 on the entire deal because people wont buy it at all. Even if they dropped the price Im not buying it with that thing in there period. It just goes to show you how much they care about the people. I think the whole thing is a disaster and if they dont wake up then its going to flop like Dreamcast. Its like telling me that when I buy my car I have to get a sun roof even if Im not going to use it. Already the specs are horrible and the Kinect is completely pointless. They apparently are not very business savy. Well just because you have money doesnt mean you have a brain. Forza looks fantastic but lose the Kinect and Im game.
Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Areez

[QUOTE="Areez"]BK....Did you really watch the Rare video in its entirety? You failed to mention that Rare actually shows how responsive the device is in its demo of Kinect Rivals. They even show how they used the facial recognition of the Kinect 2, to create your in game champion or avatar for rivals. So to your point of showing, Rare did show. They showed us the responsiveness and how the facial recognition is used to create an in game character based on your own facial likeness. You convienantly neglect this part of the video that you claim to have watched. And by the way, if you have read anything of what I said, regarding the Kinect 1, you would know that I have not exactly praised the device. That is your own assumption do to the fact that I am not on the bandwagon trashing the kinect 2. And why am I not trashing the kinect 2? Because this device and its internal workings are different from its predecessor. Stevie Wonder himself can already see, based on what has been shown, that the device is more responsive than Kinect 1. If I had the same dogmatic views of lets say the original, Galaxy S phone (and lets face it, that phone lacked in comparison to the iPhone at the time), I would have very well just assumed that the S4 would suck too. And in terms of fact checking...While it is a fact that some who have purchased a kinect may not like, it also a fact that other like the device too...So bad point on your part...Black_Knight_00

They showed more or less the same crap 4 years ago and the games didn't turn out half as responsive as they claimed. Where were you? Don't buy corporate PR.

And you've already downsized your kinect approval rates I see: first you said "25 million kinect owners disagree with you" and now we're at "there are some who like the device"

So Rare showed in game footage that shows how responsive the device is, and its still tbe same crap? IGN demoed the device at Gamescom and its the same crap? I mean unless you are blind, you can blatantly see how more responsive tbe device is compared to its predecessor. And I m not downsizing anything.  I was simply highlighting the fact that your opinion is just that, an opinion. Which you are trying to push as fact. :|

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Areez

So instead of Microsoft losing a 100 on not being able to get rid of the Kinect they are willing to lose 500 on the entire deal because people wont buy it at all. Even if they dropped the price Im not buying it with that thing in there period. It just goes to show you how much they care about the people. I think the whole thing is a disaster and if they dont wake up then its going to flop like Dreamcast. Its like telling me that when I buy my car I have to get a sun roof even if Im not going to use it. Already the specs are horrible and the Kinect is completely pointless. They apparently are not very business savy. Well just because you have money doesnt mean you have a brain. Forza looks fantastic but lose the Kinect and Im game.RimacBugatti

Um do you know why the Dreamcast failed? And why Sega exited the console martket?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Black_Knight_00
So Rare showed in game footage that shows how responsive the device is, and its still tbe same crap? IGN demoed the device at Gamescom and its the same crap? I mean unless you are blind, you can blatantly see how more responsive tbe device is compared to its predecessor. And I m not downsizing anything.  I was simply highlighting the fact that your opinion is just that, an opinion. Which you are trying to push as fact. :|Areez
6 years from now we'll be here saying the same things: Areez : "BK, you're a dummy, Kinect 3 will be awesome. What? Microsoft never made any promises like these in 2013! What are you stupid? Kinect 3 will be awesome!"