Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain Dlemna

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thundercloud80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 thundercloud80
Member since 2014 • 36 Posts

So I love the Metal Gear Solid story and I loved the originals but am I the only one who is selling o n this game? The reasons are simply this. I played through the Original series and loved the narrative but I feel there really is no reason to make or play this game.

Probably part of it is because of the end of it and how the story ended . To Me its like a great movie series you don't go messing with it and making sequels or prequels like Star Wars. Any thoughts?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I didn't care when it was first announced but, as it is getting closer to release date, I'm now actually looking forward to it. I haven't played any of the PSP games though and I feel lost as all hell.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

I dont really know what your talking about, but peace walker set up the creation of msf and big boss, so it only seems natural that they would do something with big boss before the original metal gear. From all the demos the game doesnt look like they are just milking the franchise with this one. While it sucks to see a franchise being milked with bad squeals or prequels, its cool to see one done right on a franchise as awesome as this. Metal Gear and Kojima havent let me down yet

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dark_rising76
Member since 2010 • 1300 Posts

After Sons of Liberty, I didn't get a chance to play any of the other MG games since I had a 360. Tried to follow the storyline even though it jumped back and forth with MGS 4 and Peacewalker. But I'm very excited for The Phantom Pain coming out in September and got it pre-ordered through Best Buy for a $10 credit.

thundercloud80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 thundercloud80
Member since 2014 • 36 Posts

I still think Kojima screwed David Hayter

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

You are not the only one, I'm a long time fan of the series but I'm gonna be passing on MGS5! Well, at least on day1, I'll most likely get it latter on down the line.

'BUT" I must say that I like the new gameplay elements and that it's an open world game now! It's just not enough for me to want to continue on with the story.

ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

@dark_rising76: Hell yeah. I getting like 20% off of new games plus another 10 dollars of rewards. Best Buy is the place to get new games.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

@thundercloud80: kojima is not screwing the series by making any prequels and sequels. if you have played all the games then you should know there is an incomplete part between big boss's and solid snake's story. that is what kojima is completing now. it seems this game will answer all the questions. i really am excited about this game , i have already pre ordered it.