Last Remenant new screens 56k warning!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

I dunno if it's posted in GGD yet but they look awesome!

tlr_04.jpgtlr_03.jpg

tlr_02.jpg

tlr_01.jpg

The rest are here I've just realised they're too big!

Last Remanant screens

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
I'm one of the weirdos that really wasn't too hyped on th recent FF's besides the last which while was a welcome fresh of breath, still didn't quite do it for me.I just wish I knew what it exactly was, maybe it was the characters. But I'm really glad this game is more like FFXII only in terms that it has a similar system to the "gambit" one found in the aforementioned game, although overall so far I'm rather meh on Last Remnant. The artstyle doesn't really look all to original, and IMO it looks too similar to other Square Enix games, so much that I wonder what is keeping Square from adding FF on the title in order to ensure it sells 2 million copies...Anyway I have to say the character in pic 3 on that link looks pretty badass, but the other guys take cliche' to the next level.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamingqueen
I have to admit my feelings for this game are like how I feel about star ocean and kingdom hearts. But from what I've seen in the trailer I could tell that the characters are better than FF12 and the story sounds emotional since his sis gets kidnapped.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

I have to admit my feelings for this game are like how I feel about star ocean and kingdom hearts. But from what I've seen in the trailer I could tell that the characters are better than FF12 and the story sounds emotional since his sis gets kidnapped.gamingqueen

Well FF12 + AnAwesome Story= A Genre Defining JRPG, so I'll hope for the best. Anyway what are feelings toward Star Ocean and Kingdom Hearts, I loved the second Star Ocean even with its subpar story because the game reminded me somewhat of the Tales series, but I was never able to really get into KH so I didn't even try KH2.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#5 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
I am actually looking forward to this game. Though I am still worried about how it will turn out...
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Well FF12 + AnAwesome Story= A Genre Defining JRPG.

HiResDes

I agree.  All FFXII needed was a good story, everything else was perfect.
Tanjavasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Tanjavasi
Member since 2004 • 1337 Posts
[QUOTE="HiResDes"]

Well FF12 + AnAwesome Story= A Genre Defining JRPG.

rragnaar

I agree. All FFXII needed was a good story, everything else was perfect.

To me, FFXII needed much more than just a good story.
I actually thought FFXII had a good story concept...however, the execution was bad. What actually happened in that story was very boring. Also, FFXII suffered from having hardly any character interactions and no character development at all.
Well, at least the English voice acting was top notch.

Anyway, thank you for the link to those high resolution pictures of The Last Remnant gamingqueen. I am very hopeful for this title, the TGS'07 trailer blew me away; The Last Remnant could restore my faith in Square Enix.

I already love The Conqueror...finally, a manly badass main-character (along with Rush), who is not the bad guy - Japanese RPGs need more main characters like The Conqueror.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

I actually thought FFXII had a good story concept...however, the execution was bad. What actually happened in that story was very boring. Also, FFXII suffered from having hardly any character interactions and no character development at all.

Tanjavasi

I agree with what you are saying, and essentially when I say it 'has a bad story', I mean all of those other things.  FFXII didn't really develop any of its characters... I mean Vaan was kinda the main character, but he didn't really drive the events in the story.  The story had potential, but it didn't really deliver on any of it.
Tanjavasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tanjavasi
[QUOTE="Tanjavasi"]

rragnaar

I agree with what you are saying, and essentially when I say it 'has a bad story', I mean all of those other things. FFXII didn't really develop any of its characters... I mean Vaan was kinda the main character, but he didn't really drive the events in the story. The story had potential, but it didn't really deliver on any of it.

Yes, FFXII's story and characters were a disappointment. You are right, Vaan was supposed to be the main character, yet he - along with Penelo - were actually the least developed characters in the game, weird - but I was glad not to see too much of him anyway, to me, Vaan's character design is one of the worst ever in a JRPG.

Back to The Last Remnant; as I have already mentioned before, I like the two-main characters aspect of the game - especially when the other main character is an older/mature hero. Also, the developers have stated that, even though The Last Remnant will start like a "normal" RPG, the story will soon shift and become unique. They said that it will avoid those "clichés" found in most JRPGs...sounds good to me :)

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

So far, I'm not very impressed with this game.

Graphically, screenshots has been unimpressive, the story sounds bit of cliche but mixture of Western cliche and Japanese cliche. Not too much info about gameplay has been announced, but I never care about gameplay in JRPG as long as it isn't frustrating like Xenosaga II.

Also FFXII did have good story. It's just it wasn't very detailed. People have to stop dogging it for it's story.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44178 Posts
I'm looking forward to this game and from the last trailer I saw it is looking pretty promising. Not sure if you were aware of this or not but this game is using the Unreal 3 engine.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#12 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I'm looking forward to this game and from the last trailer I saw it is looking pretty promising. Not sure if you were aware of this or not but this game is using the Unreal 3 engine.Archangel3371

I heard Square Enix had bought the right to use it. This is the first game I know of that they are though.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
Nice that you made the effort to post those shots queenie :)
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

FFXII was nothing more than a dissapointment.

-horrible storyline and characters (vaan?)

-Dull soundtrack. We all know Uematsa is the master here.

-boring gameplay. No thanks, I'd like to PLAY the game SE.

-lack of cutscenes. Yes, I said it! I'm a cutscene freak and FFX spoiled me

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamingqueen

So far, I'm not very impressed with this game.

Graphically, screenshots has been unimpressive, the story sounds bit of cliche but mixture of Western cliche and Japanese cliche. Not too much info about gameplay has been announced, but I never care about gameplay in JRPG as long as it isn't frustrating like Xenosaga II.

Also FFXII did have good story. It's just it wasn't very detailed. People have to stop dogging it for it's story.

TriangleHard

This game was more impressive than white knight story which didn't look new at all considering all the talk around it before we see any video.

Tanjavasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tanjavasi

The Official Site of The Last Remnant has been updated :) !
Link:
http://na.square-enix.com/remnant/main.html

The "blond guy" has a name now: "David Nassau"

There are three new wallpapers; one of Rush, The Conqueror and David. Plus,a description of a Remnant was added to the "World" section.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Game is looking to be pretty good, I like the idea of two protaganists and the conquerer seems badass. Ive been keeping an eye on it for a while and I think ill be picking it up when it comes out.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamingqueen

The Official Site of The Last Remnant has been updated :) !
Link:
http://na.square-enix.com/remnant/main.html

The "blond guy" has a name now: "David Nassau"

There are three new wallpapers; one of Rush, The Conqueror and David. Plus,a description of a Remnant was added to the "World" section.

Tanjavasi

thanks for the link :)

I wasn't wrong for hyping this game.