Kotaku: Kinect Mendatory in next Xbox. Plus more.

• 181 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

[QUOTE="Pedro"]Its funny how you will say consoles drive the industry when this gen has suffered the most developer loss and bankruptcy and is mainly due to the same consoles.S0lidSnake

Yeah the worst recession since the great depression had nothing to do with it. :P

EDIT: lol at dvader struggling with quotes. 3 Edits and it's still a mess. 

The economy definitely played (is playing still) a role, but I'd argue that it was bullheaded pricing decisions by Microsoft and Sony that hurt just as much if not more.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"]Yeah no. The console industry drives this industry, not PC. Just look at all the biggest game companies, the grand grand majority of the best selling games, where are they all making their money? (Cell phones :P )

How about E3 our industries premier event, would you dare say that it is a PC centric event. It is a console dominated event cause CONSOLES drive this industry.dvader654

Please, dvader. You are so disconnected with all aspects of PC gaming that it would take a while for me to explain how and why the PC market is the biggest. Seeing as how you literally know nothing about it, and how we did this dance multiple times over the years, just trust me on this. PC is huge.

The multiplatform console-centric games usually sell better on consoles, but try to understand that there is a huge market on PC for games that you probably never even heard of. And those console-centric games still sell well on PC. It's the only market big enough to support all these titles.

Also, Gamescom is the biggest event of the game industry and PC is prominent there.

I am not going to do sales cause you can throw in a bunch of random crap on of that I don't even consider to be part of the same industry. Also PC is a giant universal platform, of course it will be able to have a huge market. I am saying that the FOCUS of this industry has been and at least for now will be consoles. To deny that is to simply pretend you live in some bubble world where you ignore all aspects of this industry. Explain to me why the grand majority of all gaming media be it websites, magazines, TV focus on console gaming. Why the grand majority of all industry events are focused on console gaming. Why almost a fan sites and message boards about gaming are console focused. Why all the biggest companies in this industry focus the majority of their premier franchises on consoles. What is this E3 is not the biggest industry event, LOL. What Re you going to argue the amount of people that go? The floor space? The biggest news, the biggest reveals, the moment most companies use to show of the future of this industry happens at E3, no other event even comes close. Open your eyes, look around you. Look at this GENERAL board, what are most topics about... I am not saying PC is not huge or smaller, simply that this industry remains focused on console gaming, it is where the most attention is put. To deny that is simply insane to me.

Gamescom is so huge that Microsoft and Nintendo dont even hold Press Conferences there. :lol:

CastieI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 CastieI
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts
The economy definitely played (is playing still) a role, but I'd argue that it was bullheaded pricing decisions by Microsoft and Sony that hurt just as much if not more.Shame-usBlackley
Yeah, it really pissed me off how they just kept changing the bundles/memory size int he consoles and kept the price essentially the same for so long. Real price cuts have taken absolutely forever. You should be able to get a Xbox 360 with a HDD for $99 by now, and it's age, paying more than that just makes no sense to me.
SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
Well this is just getting worse and worse isn't it? Thank the lord I'm investing money into a solid PC that'll last me, I'll be passing on these new consoles
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#107 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]t doesn't matter: you can play those games on PC no problem. Meaning they are not XBOX exclusives.S0lidSnake

Console exclusives. There. 

If you didnt have a 360 back in 2007, you would've had to build at least a $600 PC (twice as much as the cheapest 360) or a $1000 PC to make sure it looks and runs as good or better than the console versions. And that's people who know how to build PCs. Most people, people like you, went for the 360 instead. 

If a guy's girlfriend says she wants to be exclusive and then dates another guy, she's not exclusive.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="Pedro"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

lol $250 PC? Good luck playing the Witcher 2 on that. 

PC gaming is a very niche market. Nothing as big as console. Let's take a poll in this very thread and see how many people playing Mass Effect, Bioschock, Splinter Cell, ALan Wake and Witcher 2 on PC. 

S0lidSnake

The PC gaming market is bigger than the console market. However, the bulk of the gaming is not in the high end 3D that is common on the console but the simple social networking games that clock in insane amounts of revenue. In addition to that, the majority of the population have a PC and the main piece of hardware that is lacking for modern day gaming in most computers is a good graphic card that would be less than $250. Also, this is the last generation for console gaming. Console gaming would be niche in about 5-8 years.

Yup. See this is what I have a problem with everytime this comes up and UIF gets upset. Why in the world would I care about Farmville sales numbers? Or Sims for that matter? Or even World of Warcraft? Blackknight and I are talking about XBox exclusives that are on PC. World of Warcraft is not on Xbox. Sims isnt either. OF COURSE I am talking about the high end 3D games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. That's what our entire argument was.... high end 3D games as you put them.

I dont think anyone here would claim that the PC centric games like DOTA2, Sims and MMOs have a big demand on consoles. Just like how no one should/could claim that console centric like Mass Effect, Bioshock and Alan Wake would sell as much if not more on PC. Hence, PC gaming for such titles is niche at best. Hell, Rockstar didnt even bother porting over their biggest game in 2010 to PC. They havent even announced the PC version of GTA4. If it was the largest market for such games then Rockstar would be all over it. But right now, they are treating it like they are treating the Wii U port. That right there is all I need to say.

All I was saying was that back in 2007, people chose the Xbox over the PC to play games like Mass Effect and Bioshock. If anyone has sales numbers that say otherwise then I will gladly retract my earlier statement. 

Lol console "high end 3D graphics" Go play Crysis on ultra, a 5 year old game that will munch every game ever made for consoles for breakfast.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#109 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

I am not going to do sales cause you can throw in a bunch of random crap on of that I don't even consider to be part of the same industry. Also PC is a giant universal platform, of course it will be able to have a huge market. I am saying that the FOCUS of this industry has been and at least for now will be consoles. To deny that is to simply pretend you live in some bubble world where you ignore all aspects of this industry. Explain to me why the grand majority of all gaming media be it websites, magazines, TV focus on console gaming. Why the grand majority of all industry events are focused on console gaming. Why almost a fan sites and message boards about gaming are console focused. Why all the biggest companies in this industry focus the majority of their premier franchises on consoles. What is this E3 is not the biggest industry event, LOL. What Re you going to argue the amount of people that go? The floor space? The biggest news, the biggest reveals, the moment most companies use to show of the future of this industry happens at E3, no other event even comes close. Open your eyes, look around you. Look at this GENERAL board, what are most topics about... I am not saying PC is not huge or smaller, simply that this industry remains focused on console gaming, it is where the most attention is put. To deny that is simply insane to me.dvader654

You are ridiculous. You are not going to do sales because of games you don't care about and then you accuse me of ignoring all aspects of this industry? :lol:

Your focus argument is skewed bulls*** (you are giving this board as an example, seriously?). America is not the world. Go to Europe, go to Asia, and the "focus" changes. Regardless, I don't care about focus or hype or whatever and that wasn't what I was talking about.

But since you went back on your words (just like S0lid) and admitted that the PC market is huge, I consider the matter settled. :)

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 S0lidSnake

Lol console "high end 3D graphics" Go play Crysis on ultra, a 5 year old game that will munch every game ever made for consoles for breakfast. chaplainDMK

I have. And no.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]t doesn't matter: you can play those games on PC no problem. Meaning they are not XBOX exclusives.Black_Knight_00

Console exclusives. There. 

If you didnt have a 360 back in 2007, you would've had to build at least a $600 PC (twice as much as the cheapest 360) or a $1000 PC to make sure it looks and runs as good or better than the console versions. And that's people who know how to build PCs. Most people, people like you, went for the 360 instead. 

If a guy's girlfriend says she wants to be exclusive and then dates another guy, she's not exclusive.

True.
But this is a more accurate scenario:

GME, You and I are courting the same girl. She f*cks GME. She f*cks me. But GME has paid her $5 million to not f*ck you. Exclusive or not, at the end of the day you are the only one going to sleep with a dry penis

Stop arguing semantics. Stop getting worked up over words like Console Exclusives. The fact of the matter is that Microsoft PAID Bioware and 2K for timed exclusivity to keep those games from launching on the PS3. That's a fact. If Microsoft believes in timed exclusitivity enough to shell out millions to keep it from appearing on the PS3 then it's as real as it can be. The fact that some guys in this thread are saying it's not is blowing my mind.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 UpInFlames

I also can't agree with this console exclusive thing being thrown around, it's nonsensical. If I had a PC and PS3 (ie half of Europe), what would it matter to me if Microsoft payed whatever to whomever?

But regardless, that still doesn't matter. The game is available on more than ONE system. I DON'T NEED THAT SYSTEM to play it. It's not exclusive. *shrugs*

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Black_Knight_00
True.

GME, You and I are courting the same girl. She f*cks GME. She f*cks me. But GME has paid her $5 million to not f*ck you. Exclusive or not, at the end of the day you are the only one going to sleep with a dry penis

Stop arguing semantics. Stop getting worked up over words like Console Exclusives. The fact of the matter is that Microsoft PAID Bioware and 2K for timed exclusivity to keep those games from launching on the PS3. That's a fact. If Microsoft believes in timed exclusitivity enough to shell out millions to keep it from appearing on the PS3 then it's as real as it can be. The fact that some guys in this thread are saying it's not is blowing my mind. S0lidSnake
Ok, first of all, I wouldn't put my d*ck anywhere near where GME put his. But aside from that. What do I care if microsoft paid money to a publisher to get a timed exclusive? Most xbox "exclusives" are still available for PC gamers to play on their computers without the need to purchase an xbox, whereas, if you want to play Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War, The Last of Us, Beyond, Killzone, Journey, your only option is to buy a PS3. What good is an exclusive that doesn't compel people to buy a system, the reason being it's also available elsewhere or will soon be?
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]True.

Stop arguing semantics. Stop getting worked up over words like Console Exclusives. The fact of the matter is that Microsoft PAID Bioware and 2K for timed exclusivity to keep those games from launching on the PS3. That's a fact. If Microsoft believes in timed exclusitivity enough to shell out millions to keep it from appearing on the PS3 then it's as real as it can be. The fact that some guys in this thread are saying it's not is blowing my mind. Black_Knight_00
Ok, first of all, I wouldn't put my d*ck anywhere near where GME put his. But aside from that. What do I care if microsoft paid money to a publisher to get a timed exclusive? Most xbox "exclusives" are still available for PC gamers to play on their computers without the need to purchase an xbox, whereas, if you want to play Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War, The Last of Us, Beyond, Killzone, Journey, your only option is to buy a PS3. What good is an exclusive that doesn't compel people to buy a system, the reason being it's also available elsewhere or will soon be?

Yes, they are available on PC. Ok, now how many people do you think looked at that and said ok, $1,000 PC VS $300 Xbox? Do we even have sales figures for Mass Effect PC, Splinter Cell PC, Alan Wake PC and Bioshock PC? And by sales figures I mean before they went on Steam for $5. 

The fact of the matter is that buying up console exclusivity matters. It matters because most console gamers dont have the means or the time to build a gaming PC. Especially early on in the gen when you needed an expensive setup to be able to play these next gen games at the fidelity they were on the 360. MS knew this. And they bet on it. It worked for them too because they stole a huge chunk of the PS fanbase by focusing on buying console exclusives.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#115 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Dafuq?! o_0 Besides Solid you got the whole thing wrong, it would be more like the girl was paying us $5 mill to not sleep with Blackknight. I read somewhere that the Half Life 2 team got the idea of headcrabs from the nasty sh1t that comes from his genital region.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]True.

Stop arguing semantics. Stop getting worked up over words like Console Exclusives. The fact of the matter is that Microsoft PAID Bioware and 2K for timed exclusivity to keep those games from launching on the PS3. That's a fact. If Microsoft believes in timed exclusitivity enough to shell out millions to keep it from appearing on the PS3 then it's as real as it can be. The fact that some guys in this thread are saying it's not is blowing my mind. S0lidSnake

Yes, they are available on PC. Ok, now how many people do you think looked at that and said ok, $1,000 PC VS $300 Xbox? Do we even have sales figures for Mass Effect PC, Splinter Cell PC, Alan Wake PC and Bioshock PC? And by sales figures I mean before they went on Steam for $5. 

The fact of the matter is that buying up console exclusivity matters. It matters because most console gamers dont have the means or the time to build a gaming PC. Especially early on in the gen when you needed an expensive setup to be able to play these next gen games at the fidelity they were on the 360. MS knew this. And they bet on it. It worked for them too because they stole a huge chunk of the PS fanbase by focusing on buying console exclusives.

A PC is not just for gaming, plus that $1000 figure is bollocks: you can scale down graphical detail and hardware price along with it. Also, the xbox didn't steal any PS fanbase because of its merits: it was the PS3 itself that turned people away due to the high price and no games of the first 2 years. In case you haven't heard, PS3 sales recently overtook XBOX sales worldwide, despite the nearly 2 years advantage of the XBOX. That's because Sony has been shooting out incredible exclusives on full auto for the last 4 years as opposed to Microsoft who has slummed on Halo and Gears rehashes. Once again: *actual* exclusives > *pseudo* exclusives.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Dafuq?! o_0 Besides Solid you got the whole thing wrong, it would be more like the girl was paying us $5 mill to not sleep with Blackknight. I read somewhere that the Half Life 2 team got the idea of headcrabs from the nasty sh1t that comes from his genital region.

Oh yeah? At least I didn't model at Bioware for the role of Dragon Age's Broodmother. Go ahead, google it!
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]True.

Stop arguing semantics. Stop getting worked up over words like Console Exclusives. The fact of the matter is that Microsoft PAID Bioware and 2K for timed exclusivity to keep those games from launching on the PS3. That's a fact. If Microsoft believes in timed exclusitivity enough to shell out millions to keep it from appearing on the PS3 then it's as real as it can be. The fact that some guys in this thread are saying it's not is blowing my mind. Black_Knight_00

1XR

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Adrenalin Misfits

America's Army: True Soldiers

Amped 3

AquaZone: Life Simulator

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Beautiful Katamari[1]

Blue Dragon

Blackwater (video game)

Body and Brain Connection

Bomberman: Act Zero

Bullet Witch

Carnival Games: Monkey See, Monkey Do

Chromehounds

Country Dance All Stars

The Conveni 200X

Crackdown

Crackdown 2

Culdcept Saga

Dance Central

Dance Central 2

Dance Central 3

Dancing Stage Universe

Dancing Stage Universe 2

Dead or Alive 4

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

DeathSmiles II

Demons of Mercy

DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label Extra

Dragon Ball Z for Kinect

Every Party

Fable II

Fable III

Fable: The Journey

Far East of Eden Ziria: Tales from Distant Jipang

Fantastic Pets

Forza Horizon

Forza Motorsport 2

Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 4

Full Auto

Fuzion Frenzy 2

Game Party: In Motion

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Gears of War 3

Gears of War: Judgement

Guilty Gear 2: Overture

The Gunstringer

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Halo 3

Halo 3: ODST

Halo 4

Halo: Reach

Halo Wars

Harry Potter for Kinect

Hulk Hogans Main Event

The Idolmaster

The Idolmaster: Live For You!

The Idolmaster: Twins[3]

Import Tuner Challenge[4]

Indianapolis 500: Evolution

Infinite Undiscovery

Jillian Michaels' Fitness Adventure

Kameo: Elements of Power

Kengo: Legend of the 9

Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi EXTRA

Kinectalloons

Kinectimals

Kinect Adventures

Kinect Disneyland Adventures

Kinect Joy Ride

Kinect Nat Geo TV

Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure

Kinect Sesame Street TV

Kinect Sports

Kinect Sports: Season Two

Kinect Star Wars

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom

Leela

Lets Cheer

Lips

Lips: Canta en Español

Lips: Deutsche Partyknaller

Lips: I the 80s

Lips: Number One Hits

Lips: Party Classics

Lost Odyssey

Love Football

Magna Carta II

Metro 2033

Michael Phelps: Push The Limit

Minute To Win It

Mobile Ops: The One Year War[5]

Momotaro Dentetsu 16 GOLD

MorphX

MotionSports

Motion Explosion!

MotoGP '06

Mushihime-sama Futari

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

Naruto: The Broken Bond

Naval Assault: The Killing Tide

NBA Baller Beats

Nike+ Kinect Training

Ninety-Nine Nights

Ninety-Nine Nights II

OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad

Operation Darkness

Otomedius G

The Outfit

Over G Fighters

Perfect Dark Zero

PopCap Arcade Volume 1[6]

PopCap Arcade Volume 2[7]

PowerUp Heroes

Project Gotham Racing 3

Project Gotham Racing 4

Project Sylpheed

Race Pro

Raiden IV

Rapala for Kinect

Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking

Ridge Racer 6

Risen

Rumble Roses XX

Ryse

Saints Row

Samurai Shodown: Sen

Scene It? Box Office Smash

Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action

Self-Defense Training Camp

Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster

Shooting Love, 200X[8]

Sonic Free Riders

Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

Super Star

Tenchu Z[9]

Tetris: The Grand Master Ace

The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout

Too Human

Trials HD

Tsuushin Taisen Mahjong Touryuumon

Twister Mania

Versus Tactical Action

Viva Piñata: Party Animals

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

Victorious: Time to Shine

WarTech: Senko No Ronde

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? 2012 Edition

Wipeout in the Zone

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1

You're in the Movies

Your Shape

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012

Yoostar on MTV

Zegapain NOT

Zegapain XOR

Zoids Assault

Zoids Infinity EX Neo

Now I'm not going to claim that all of these exclusives were top tier but let's dispense with the notion that MS didn't offer a healthy dose of quality exclusives, even if we can also agree that Sony enjoyed the better overall output.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Black_Knight_00
Now I'm not going to claim that all of these exclusives were top tier but let's dispense with the notion that MS didn't offer a healthy does of quality exclusives, even if we can also agree that Sony enjoyed the better overall output.Grammaton-Cleric
If you will post a list that includes Bullet Witch, Tenchu Z, Sonic Free Riders, Steel Batallion Heavy Armor, Too Human, Perfect Dark Zero, MorphX, NNN2 and Bomberman Act Zero, you may take a moment to wonder whose point you're making, because those are without any doubt some of the worst games of the generation. Granted, some of the others are good games, but nothing you'd specifically buy a console for.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Ok, first of all, I wouldn't put my d*ck anywhere near where GME put his. But aside from that. What do I care if microsoft paid money to a publisher to get a timed exclusive? Most xbox "exclusives" are still available for PC gamers to play on their computers without the need to purchase an xbox, whereas, if you want to play Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War, The Last of Us, Beyond, Killzone, Journey, your only option is to buy a PS3. What good is an exclusive that doesn't compel people to buy a system, the reason being it's also available elsewhere or will soon be?Black_Knight_00

A PC is not just for gaming, plus that $1000 figure is bollocks: you can scale down graphical detail and hardware price along with it. Also, the xbox didn't steal any PS fanbase because of its merits: it was the PS3 itself that turned people away due to the high price and no games of the first 2 years. In case you haven't heard, PS3 sales recently overtook XBOX sales worldwide, despite the nearly 2 years advantage of the XBOX. That's because Sony has been shooting out incredible exclusives on full auto for the last 4 years as opposed to Microsoft who has slummed on Halo and Gears rehashes. Once again: *actual* exclusives > *pseudo* exclusives.

:lol: "Pseudo" exclusives, "slummed" on Halo and Gears rehashes. Please. Only Halo games that weren't exclusive were Halo CE and Halo 2 and only the first Gears game wasn't exclusive. Those games were sequels just as much as any other sequel in any other franchise.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 S0lidSnake

Black_Knight_00

I built a $1000 PC a year and half ago. Actually over $1,300 if you include a monitor and other accessories you dont realize you will be needing. I had also built a midrange PC in late 2004 for Half Life 2 and while it ran HL2 at medium settings, games like Bioshock refused to run on it. So I'd like to say I know a thing or two about PC gaming. 

And read what I wrote again, you couldn't have played games like Gears of War and Bioshock at the fidelity of the 360 version on a cheap PC. Especially back then. Everyone knows this. Everyone knew this back then. And they picked the 360 version. The 360 versions sold millions... PC, not so much. This has already happened, no need to argue facts. 

Yes, the PS3 being $200 more expensive the first year didn't help. But Sony had the $400 SKU out by November 2007. So the same price as the 360 Elite and only $100 more expensive than the arcade version with no HDD, no wifi, no wireless controller and came with a bluray player that were selling for over $500 at the time. What did Sony not have? Gears of War. Mass Effect. Bioshock. Three games that won dozens and dozens of Game of the Year awards. They were all available on PC.

Lastly, that article was proven to be BS. According to Sony's latest financials, they are still trailing the Xbox by around 5-7 million units. MS has been on fire over here in the states, outselling the PS3 nearly 2:1 in the last two years. It's still terrible in Japan which is where Sony makes up most of its lead, but MS has been gaining some ground in Europe as well which is why Sony with its 7 million unit lead in Japan is still traling by nearly 6 million units. Also, the PS3 launched a year after the 360, unless you are counting Europe which launched only five months after the U.S launch.... so no, not nearly 2 year advantge. 

P.S You keep talking about semantics. To the average consumer, pseduo vs actual exclusive didn't matter. It's either on the PS3 or it's not. It's that simple. Microsoft knew this and played this beautifully. 

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 UpInFlames

Fable III

Gears of War

Metro 2033

Risen

Grammaton-Cleric

Available on PC. :)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

S0lidSnake

I built a $1000 PC a year and half ago. Actually over $1,300 if you include a monitor and other accessories you dont realize you will be needing. I had also built a midrange PC in late 2004 for Half Life 2 and while it ran HL2 at medium settings, games like Bioshock refused to run on it. So I'd like to say I know a thing or two about PC gaming. 

And read what I wrote again, you couldn't have played games like Gears of War and Bioshock at the fidelity of the 360 version on a cheap PC. Especially back then. Everyone knows this. Everyone knew this back then. And they picked the 360 version. The 360 versions sold millions... PC, not so much. This has already happened, no need to argue facts. 

Yes, the PS3 being $200 more expensive the first year didn't help. But Sony had the $400 SKU out by November 2007. So the same price as the 360 Elite and only $100 more expensive than the arcade version with no HDD, no wifi, no wireless controller and came with a bluray player that were selling for over $500 at the time. What did Sony not have? Gears of War. Mass Effect. Bioshock. Three games that won dozens and dozens of Game of the Year awards. They were all available on PC.

Lastly, that article was proven to be BS. According to Sony's latest financials, they are still trailing the Xbox by around 5-7 million units. MS has been on fire over here in the states, outselling the PS3 nearly 2:1 in the last two years. It's still terrible in Japan which is where Sony makes up most of its lead, but MS has been gaining some ground in Europe as well which is why Sony with its 7 million unit lead in Japan is still traling by nearly 6 million units. Also, the PS3 launched a year after the 360, unless you are counting Europe which launched only five months after the U.S launch.... so no, not nearly 2 year advantge. 

P.S You keep talking about semantics. To the average consumer, pseduo vs actual exclusive didn't matter. It's either on the PS3 or it's not. It's that simple. Microsoft knew this and played this beautifully. 

Who cares about how much Gears sold? It's on PC, I don't need an xbox to play it. Period. Also, are you seriously telling me a PC with, say, 1.5GB of ram and a 256MB radeon can't run Gears 1 at XBOX 360 level?

Finally, you know the procedure: you say my link is BS, you need to provide a link yourself or it never happened.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 UpInFlames

And read what I wrote again, you couldn't have played games like Gears of War and Bioshock at the fidelity of the 360 version on a cheap PC. Especially back then. Everyone knows this. Everyone knew this back then. And they picked the 360 version. The 360 versions sold millions... PC, not so much. This has already happened, no need to argue facts.S0lidSnake

"Facts" that you're pulling out of your ass, it seems. I just did a quick Google search on BioShock sales. In June 2008 Take-Two stated that they sold 2,2 million copies of BioShock. Five days later, Nvidia's VP said in an interview that the PC version sold over a million copies.

EDIT: Actually, Take-Two SHIPPED 2,2 million copies which would most likely mean that the PC version made up the majority of the sales. :lol:

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 S0lidSnake

Who cares about how much Gears sold? It's on PC, I don't need an xbox to play it. Period. Also, are you seriously telling me a PC with, say, 1.5GB of ram and a 256MB radeon can't run Gears 1 at XBOX 360 level?

Finally, you know the procedure: you say my link is BS, you need to provide a link yourself or it never happened.

Black_Knight_00

Who cares? That's the entire point. It didn't sell well. There is no demand because the non-360 owners didnt flock to it. It sold millions on the 360 = demand on 360. Sales figures on the PC matter. Finding sales figures for PC games is a f*cking pain in the ass and it's pissing off that UIF manages to find the one game on my list that sold well. F*ck! Ok UIF, I was mistaken but only on this one game. An exception I suppose seeing as how it's a PC series. Help me find sales figures for the rest of the games I brought up. Mass Effect, Gears, Splinter Cell because I sure as hell couldnt. 

And I dont know if a Gears 1 can run on the a 256mB radeon whatever. The point is that people didnt seem to care and went with the 360 version. The fact remains that it's not on the PS3 and a PS3 owner would have to purchase a PC $500 or $1000 to play it. That's an extra purchase. An extra $500-$1000. To the PS3 owner, it may as well be an exclusive. Why is this so hard to understand?

I went through this. I wanted to play Gears, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell. But I just couldnt afford a PC on top of a PS3. If those games were on the PS3, I would've played them. But they werent. It's as simple as that. 

As for that report. Sony's latest financials include figures from both PS3 and PS2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512076

That's how they take over the Xbox figures. They have merged the two together since last fiscal year.

I dont even know why I am arguing against Sony here. I am Captain f*cking Sony and have been saying for years that the PS3 will one day overtake the 360. And it's going to happen soon, but it hasn't happened yet. 

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]And read what I wrote again, you couldn't have played games like Gears of War and Bioshock at the fidelity of the 360 version on a cheap PC. Especially back then. Everyone knows this. Everyone knew this back then. And they picked the 360 version. The 360 versions sold millions... PC, not so much. This has already happened, no need to argue facts.UpInFlames

"Facts" that you're pulling out of your ass, it seems. I just did a quick Google search on BioShock sales. In June 2008 Take-Two stated that they sold 2,2 million copies of BioShock. Five days later, Nvidia's VP said in an interview that the PC version sold over a million copies.

EDIT: Actually, Take-Two SHIPPED 2,2 million copies which would most likely mean that the PC version made up the majority of the sales. :lol:

read my reply above. 

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Black_Knight_00

S0lidSnake

Who cares? That's the entire point. It didn't sell well. There is no demand because the non-360 owners didnt flock to it. It sold millions on the 360 = demand on 360. Sales figures on the PC matter. Finding sales figures for PC games is a f*cking pain in the ass and it's pissing off that UIF manages to find the one game on my list that sold well. F*ck! Ok UIF, I was mistaken but only on this one game. An exception I suppose seeing as how it's a PC series. Help me find sales figures for the rest of the games I brought up. Mass Effect, Gears, Splinter Cell because I sure as hell couldnt. 

And I dont know if a Gears 1 can run on the a 256mB radeon whatever. The point is that people didnt seem to care and went with the 360 version. The fact remains that it's not on the PS3 and a PS3 owner would have to purchase a PC $500 or $1000 to play it. That's an extra purchase. An extra $500-$1000. To the PS3 owner, it may as well be an exclusive. Why is this so hard to understand?

I went through this. I wanted to play Gears, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell. But I just couldnt afford a PC on top of a PS3. If those games were on the PS3, I would've played them. But they werent. It's as simple as that. 

As for that report. Sony's latest financials include figures from both PS3 and PS2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512076

That's how they take over the Xbox figures. They have merged the two together since last fiscal year.

I dont even know why I am arguing against Sony here. I am Captain f*cking Sony and have been saying for years that the PS3 will one day overtake the 360. And it's going to happen soon, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Sure, but the fact you couldn't/didn't want to buy a gaming PC and decided to get a 360 instead is your problem. Other people would decide to get a PC (not to mention the tens of millions who already own a gaming PC). Also, you deliberately ignore the fact that PC games sell poorly due to one main fact: piracy. It's so easy to obtain illegal copies of PC games it's not even funny, which obviously impacts sales figures. This doesn't change the fact that a game that's available on multiple platforms is not an exclusive. You can reason all you want on this but the fact doesn't change. As far as PS3 vs 360 sales go, those numbers you posted are confusing at best: PS3 and PS2 figures are bunched together, making it impossible to tell what sold what. What I know is that googling "PS3 sales" always returns the same figures, confirming the PS3 has very recently outsold the 360. Though it's possible that the whole internet is wrong, I suppose. Also, if I had to guess why you're ticked at Sony lately, I'd say you're still butthurt about blowing some $350 on a PS Vita. I'd be pissed too.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 S0lidSnake

Sure, but the fact you couldn't/didn't want to buy a gaming PC and decided to get a 360 instead is your problem. Other people would decide to get a PC (not to mention the tens of millions who already own a gaming PC). Also, you deliberately ignore the fact that PC games sell poorly due to one main fact: piracy. It's so easy to obtain illegal copies of PC games it's not even funny, which obviously impacts sales figures. This doesn't change the fact that a game that's available on multiple platforms is not an exclusive. You can reason all you want on this but the fact doesn't change. As far as PS3 vs 360 sales go, those numbers you posted are confusing at best: PS3 and PS2 figures are bunched together, making it impossible to tell what sold what. What I know is that googling "PS3 sales" always returns the same figures, confirming the PS3 has very recently outsold the 360. Though it's possible that the whole internet is wrong, I suppose. Also, if I had to guess why you're ticked at Sony lately, I'd say you're still butthurt about blowing some $350 on a PS Vita. I'd be pissed too.Black_Knight_00

lol what makes you think I'm upset at Sony? I've been championing their more powerful console in the Orbis vs Durango thread the past couple of days. I love my vita and am always trying to get people to buy it. And btw, I got a Vita for only $230 because Amazon refunded me $20 thinking I had paid for the 4GB memory card they ended up offering for free. Dude I love Sony. What butthurt are you talking about? If Sony f*cks up, and they f*ck up a lot, then I will call them out on it. 

The reason why i wont take those numbers seriously is becasue they are done on some market research. No matter how accurate they may be, why not just get the numbers from Sony and MS themselves? Trust me, when Sony outships MS worldwide, they would make a huge f*cking deal about it. I am guessing we will see some sales figures in the PS meeting next week. That said, I will admit that I was wrong with their being a 5-7 million gap. It's much closer than that. That was a few months ago and Sony closed that gap fast it seems. 

You and I are simply not on the same page as to what constitutes an exclusive. I have said all i can say about this. You dont seem to get where I am coming from. As for me, I think you are too focused on the term exclusive itself. All I know is that I had two choices when it came to playing Mass Effect... buy a $300 Xbox or spend a lot of time and effort buying a $1000 PC. $300 vs $1000. or $300 vs $500 for cheap PC that would play it on low settings. And there in lies the dilema, why go for a low end PC for $500 that would be outdated in only a couple of years when I could just buy a $300 Xbox and play Mass Effect 3 five years later with almost all the bells and whistles of the PC version? 

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

Fable III

Gears of War

Metro 2033

Risen

UpInFlames

Available on PC. :)

Goddamn Wikipedia; It's failed me again!

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]Now I'm not going to claim that all of these exclusives were top tier but let's dispense with the notion that MS didn't offer a healthy does of quality exclusives, even if we can also agree that Sony enjoyed the better overall output.Black_Knight_00
If you will post a list that includes Bullet Witch, Tenchu Z, Sonic Free Riders, Steel Batallion Heavy Armor, Too Human, Perfect Dark Zero, MorphX, NNN2 and Bomberman Act Zero, you may take a moment to wonder whose point you're making, because those are without any doubt some of the worst games of the generation. Granted, some of the others are good games, but nothing you'd specifically buy a console for.

That's a pretty ironic statement coming from somebody who included Heavy Rain as some sort of system-seller exclusive. (And Journey is a cool game but if you think that title is a system-seller you are sorely mistaken)  

And setting aside the original Gears, I think the subsequent Gears sequels (and the upcoming Judgment) warrant the purchase of the console as much as Uncharted or God of War.

And the Crackdown games (especially the original) were fantastic and certainly would have prompted me to nab a console.

The Project Gotham franchise was stellar, as is the Forza series.

The Halo games, while never my favorite, are also as much a killer franchise as anything Sony currently enjoys.

Other games, like DOA4, Banjo, PD0, Viva Piñata, etc. are all very good titles that span a wide breadth of genres.

So you can choose to focus on the mediocre exclusives (because the PS3 certainly didn't have any of those, right HAZE?) but I think my point is pretty clear: The XB360 enjoyed plenty of excellent exclusives, and that is without bringing up issues such as superiority for multiplats, which occasionally led to vastly inferior ports, such as the Orange Box and Bayonetta.  

And again, I give the PS3 the edge when it comes to exclusives but let's give credit where it is due.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Dafuq?! o_0 Besides Solid you got the whole thing wrong, it would be more like the girl was paying us $5 mill to not sleep with Blackknight. I read somewhere that the Half Life 2 team got the idea of headcrabs from the nasty sh1t that comes from his genital region.

Oh yeah? At least I didn't model at Bioware for the role of Dragon Age's Broodmother. Go ahead, google it!

*googles Motherfvcker! Someone loan some ointment for that burn :(
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 S0lidSnake

I'm with Solid but that is cause I dont have a gaming PC. Nor do I want one.dvader654

DILLON_predator.gif

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

[QUOTE="dvader654"]I'm with Solid but that is cause I dont have a gaming PC. Nor do I want one.S0lidSnake

DILLON_predator.gif

More like

ibhcnYl4ibOazN.jpg

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]Now I'm not going to claim that all of these exclusives were top tier but let's dispense with the notion that MS didn't offer a healthy does of quality exclusives, even if we can also agree that Sony enjoyed the better overall output.Grammaton-Cleric

That's a pretty ironic statement coming from somebody who included Heavy Rain as some sort of system-seller exclusive. (And Journey is a cool game but if you think that title is a system-seller you are sorely mistaken)  

And setting aside the original Gears, I think the subsequent Gears sequels (and the upcoming Judgment) warrant the purchase of the console as much as Uncharted or God of War.

And the Crackdown games (especially the original) were fantastic and certainly would have prompted me to nab a console.

The Project Gotham franchise was stellar, as is the Forza series.

The Halo games, while never my favorite, are also as much a killer franchise as anything Sony currently enjoys.

Other games, like DOA4, Banjo, PD0, Viva Piñata, etc. are all very good titles that span a wide breadth of genres.

So you can choose to focus on the mediocre exclusives (because the PS3 certainly didn't have any of those, right HAZE?) but I think my point is pretty clear: The XB360 enjoyed plenty of excellent exclusives, and that is without bringing up issues such as superiority for multiplats, which occasionally led to vastly inferior ports, such as the Orange Box and Bayonetta.  

And again, I give the PS3 the edge when it comes to exclusives but let's give credit where it is due.

Heavy Rain is a fantastic game, I don't see how you can have a problem with it. Gears and Halo: sure, they're all great (mostly), but Gears 2 and 3 are virtually identical to 1 and every Halo is pretty much a rehash of Halo 2. I love them all, but creativity levels are at absolute zero, though I haven't played 4 yet. DOA4 is a mediocre fighting game in my opinion, Banjo Nuts&Bolts is anything but a Banjo game, PD0 is quite frankly a mess (it appears on every "most disappointing sequel" list that there is) , Viva Piñata is... whatever it is. I'm stupefied you even decide to name *these* games to back up your point. Also. racing games, sure... I doubt Gran Turismo players are ripping their hair in despair because they can't play the latest re-release of Forza. And it's no use looking at Haze or Lair for help: we're not trying to detemine which system has the worst exclusives. We're discussing whether or not the xbox 360 today has system-selling "must play" exclusives that are not available anywhere else. After considering your argumentation, I'm still leaning towards "no"
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GodModeEnabled
Crackdown was really awesome, never played the sequel though. Alan Wake, Condemned, there are a few good MS exclusives.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Black_Knight_00

Alan Wake, Condemned, there are a few good MS exclusives.GodModeEnabled
Both available on PC

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Alan Wake, Condemned, there are a few good MS exclusives.Black_Knight_00

Both available on PC

Which shouldnt matter to you since you are not a PC gamer..... so its exclusive to you.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Alan Wake, Condemned, there are a few good MS exclusives.GodModeEnabled

Both available on PC

Which shouldnt matter to you since you are not a PC gamer..... so its exclusive to you.

What the hell does that mean? Fine, I'll assemble a gaming PC this afternoon, so you and S0lid can stop saying this "you don't have a gaming PC, so xbox has esclusives" bullsh*t :lol:
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GodModeEnabled
Im just saying man that if I was in your situation and I was scoping out which console to buy then one of the things I would look at is exclusives. If you dont own a gaming PC, arent interested in the scene at all, then the fact that a couple of those exclusives are on the PC shouldnt mean sh1t to you. So they are exclusive to you is all im saying.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Black_Knight_00
Im just saying man that if I was in your situation and I was scoping out which console to buy then one of the things I would look at is exclusives. If you dont own a gaming PC, arent interested in the scene at all, then the fact that a couple of those exclusives are on the PC shouldnt mean sh1t to you. So they are exclusive to you is all im saying.GodModeEnabled
Yeah, but we're not talking about some unreachable gaming machine: any gamer can build a decent gaming PC, especially considering PC games are almost always 15-20 bucks cheaper than console versions (they're even free for many people), meaning the steeper price of a PC is compensated over time.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Im just saying man that if I was in your situation and I was scoping out which console to buy then one of the things I would look at is exclusives. If you dont own a gaming PC, arent interested in the scene at all, then the fact that a couple of those exclusives are on the PC shouldnt mean sh1t to you. So they are exclusive to you is all im saying.Black_Knight_00
Yeah, but we're not talking about some unreachable gaming machine: any gamer can build a decent gaming PC

lol no. They cant. Building a PC is NOT easy. I majored in Computer Engineer with a focus on electrical engineering and a programming minor, and I can tell you nothing about it is easy. Even if you can assemble everything without blowing up the motherboard, getting windows installed with these custom parts can be a pain in the ass. I would know, i spent nearly two days trying to get everything to work. And then two weeks later the graphics card failed and had to be replaced. Wanna know how long it took me to connect my Xbox? Two minutes. Plug in HDMI, plug in Ethernet, Plug in power source and that's it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Im just saying man that if I was in your situation and I was scoping out which console to buy then one of the things I would look at is exclusives. If you dont own a gaming PC, arent interested in the scene at all, then the fact that a couple of those exclusives are on the PC shouldnt mean sh1t to you. So they are exclusive to you is all im saying.S0lidSnake

Yeah, but we're not talking about some unreachable gaming machine: any gamer can build a decent gaming PC

lol no. They cant. Building a PC is NOT easy. I majored in Computer Engineer with a focus on electrical engineering and a programming minor, and I can tell you nothing about it is easy. Even if you can assemble everything without blowing up the motherboard, getting windows installed with these custom parts can be a pain in the ass. I would know, i spent nearly two days trying to get everything to work. And then two weeks later the graphics card failed and had to be replaced. Wanna know how long it took me to connect my Xbox? Two minutes. Plug in HDMI, plug in Ethernet, Plug in power source and that's it.

Come on, you're just f*cking around now. Build a PC or buy one, the result is that anyone can get a gaming PC...
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Grammaton-Cleric

Heavy Rain is a fantastic game, I don't see how you can have a problem with it. Gears and Halo: sure, they're all great (mostly), but Gears 2 and 3 are virtually identical to 1 and every Halo is pretty much a rehash of Halo 2. I love them all, but creativity levels are at absolute zero, though I haven't played 4 yet. DOA4 is a mediocre fighting game in my opinion, Banjo Nuts&Bolts is anything but a Banjo game, PD0 is quite frankly a mess (it appears on every "most disappointing sequel" list that there is) , Viva Piñata is... whatever it is. I'm stupefied you even decide to name *these* games to back up your point. Also. racing games, sure... I doubt Gran Turismo players are ripping their hair in despair because they can't play the latest re-release of Forza. And it's no use looking at Haze or Lair for help: we're not trying to detemine which system has the worst exclusives. We're discussing whether or not the xbox 360 today has system-selling "must play" exclusives that are not available anywhere else. After considering your argumentation, I'm still leaning towards "no"Black_Knight_00

So now you want to reduce the issue to games you personally think are system sellers?

I responded to your initial comment about "most" XB360 exclusives being available on PC and proved, definitively, that was untrue. Whether or not you personally like a series is incidental because franchises like Halo and Gears sell millions of units and are the very definition of a system seller.

And please don't waste my time with banal arguments about Gears or Halo sequels being rehashes when you can levy that exact same criticism at franchises like God of War and Uncharted.

And Heavy Rain isn't a game, it's a wannabe film (with an atrociously poorly written narrative) replete with a smattering or perfunctory (and vapid) game play mechanics hiding under the thin veil of nice production values.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Black_Knight_00

So now you want to reduce the issue to games you personally think are system sellers? I responded to your initial comment about "most" XB360 exclusives being available on PC and proved, definitively, that was untrue. Whether or not you personally like a series is incidental because franchises like Halo and Gears sell millions of units and are the very definition of a system seller. And please don't waste my time with banal arguments about Gears or Halo sequels being rehashes when you can levy that exact same criticism at franchises like God of War and Uncharted. And Heavy Rain isn't a game, it's a wannabe film (with an atrociously poorly written narrative) replete with a smattering or perfunctory (and vapid) game play mechanics hiding under the thin veil of nice production values.Grammaton-Cleric
And you incur in the same fallacy again: instead of producing valid arguments to defend xbox exclusives you attack PS3 exclusives, as if two wrongs made one right. So what if Uncharted 3 is derivative compared to its own prequels? This doesn't chage the fact that you need a PS3 to play those prequels, whereas you don't need an xbox ro play Halo 1 and 2 and Gears 1 which, let's not not hide behind a finger: are pretty much identical to each other entry in the respective franchises, unless you can convincingly provide evidence of the contrary.

Also your critique of Heavy Rain is the very essence of subjectivity. Sure, the controls are clunky, but saying it's not even a game betrays how biased you are towards it.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Yeah, but we're not talking about some unreachable gaming machine: any gamer can build a decent gaming PCBlack_Knight_00

Come on, you're just f*cking around now. Build a PC or buy one, the result is that anyone can get a gaming PC...

no im not. Buying a pc is a lot more expensive than building one yourself which is something you dont seem to understand. This explains why you think people wouldve chosen to biild a pc over getting an xbox.