Kojima confirms Metal Gear Solid 5. Shameus on suicide watch.

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

LOL!

I will say that historically, the odd-numbered MGS games were awesome (Solid, Snake Eater), which means there is at least a slight chance that this will be good. However, the last game was so mind-numbingly awful from a narrative perspective that I just don't see this happening at all. There are better stealth games and better shooters to play, making MGS4 completely worthless in my book since the story sucked. It's obvious Kojima wishes to become a western designer -- I would not be surprised to see him affix himself the nickname Hideo K, slapping a chainsaw on the end of Snake's gun and stop trying to tell a story entirely for MGS5, and honestly, that would probably be for the best.

The news doesn't really bother or surprise me, though. I knew as soon as I played MGS4 that Kojima himself is a franchise, made to be trotted out every couple of years when Konami starts to run out of money since they have, like, zero legitimately decent franchises left to mine. The whole shtick with Kojima solemnly professing "this is the end" after each iteration has become more predictable than Hulk Hogan holding his hand up after being put in a sleeper hold at a wrestling match. I learned my lesson with MGS4 and I wouldn't touch a sequel if it were shareware, let alone sixty bills. If other people want to buy so they have proof instead of just suspicion that the series finally became porcelain god-fodder, that's their problem, not mine. There are too many good games to play these days for me to worry about what a once-was like Hideo Kojima farts out every few years. :P

dvader654

You will so be playing MGS5. You know it, come on. :P

Probably. :P

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I would have been interested if they had trotted him off to do something new and let a new team make and write MGS5, since that's not the case LOL PASS. MGS4 was the only game this gen I played that was worse than Too Human, such a shame.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

I would have been interested if they had trotted him off to do something new and let a new team make and write MGS5, since that's not the case LOL PASS. GodModeEnabled

Kojima was working on his taboo game till late last year when it got cancelled. Chances are it was probably a disturbing Japanese game about japanese school girls and their dirty panties.

So it's probably a good thing that it got cancelled.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]I would have been interested if they had trotted him off to do something new and let a new team make and write MGS5, since that's not the case LOL PASS. S0lidSnake

Kojima was working on his taboo game till late last year when it got cancelled. Chances are it was probably a disturbing Japanese game about japanese school girls and their dirty panties.

That would have been GOTY material.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]I would have been interested if they had trotted him off to do something new and let a new team make and write MGS5, since that's not the case LOL PASS. S0lidSnake

Solid Snake: Tentacle Beast Edition.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

One of the things I hope MGS 5 continues its tradition on is not only an excellent cast of voice actors, but a soundtrack that's pretty memorable. I wasn't too big on the MGS 2 soundtrack, but the original Metal Gear Solid had such an amazing score accompaning the gamplay in itself. I still have memories of the boss theme, for example. The entire soundtrack was orchestrated brillantly and fit the game's atmosphere quite well, so I hope they continue this in MGS 5 and hopefully in Rising as well.

Metamania

Yes. The way real world information is incorporated into the story is one of my favorite things about the games. MGS gave me a new perspective to look at the world. No kidding.

But I wouldn't take the rants that Kojima makes in his games seriously though. That's just his way of thinking about these subjects, like DNA and all that stuff. I will say that their views on the real world are interesting nonetheless.

Not what I meant. It was the way everything came together to form the story. Rocketry, cloning, government conspiracies. Even if it's just fiction, the plot impressed me enough to start looking at things differently. Not just conspiracies, but plots in general.
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

The Legend of Metal Gear: One More Time

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The only way I will buy another MGS is if its completely new characters and its back to some of the quirkiness and sillyness of an MGS game. No more serious war crap. I would be happiest though if he just left MGS alone seen as every one of them seems to be his last according to him :roll: He's a 1 trick pony these days

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

No more serious war crap.seanmcloughlin

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 branketra
^Haha. They look ridiculous, but they're dangerous.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#61 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

Angry_Beaver

:lol: This announcement is like when Michael Jordan retired and then came back. If you say you're going to end a series, then end it. TBH, this announcement does nothing for me. If Kojima brings back Solid Snake again, it kinda ruins everything that happened in MGS4. The story was already messed up after MGS2, no need to tarnish it further.

And I totally expect Kojima to give us more useless information. That's kinda his thing. :P

EDIT: Shameus, tell us how much you love Kojima's explanation of Ocelot's personality change. :P He was such an awesome character in MGS1 and 3... :(

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="Angry_Beaver"]

King9999

:lol: This announcement is like when Michael Jordan retired and then came back. If you say you're going to end a series, then end it. TBH, this announcement does nothing for me. If Kojima brings back Solid Snake again, it kinda ruins everything that happened in MGS4. The story was already messed up after MGS2, no need to tarnish it further.

And I totally expect Kojima to give us more useless information. That's kinda his thing. :P

EDIT: Shameus, tell us how much you love Kojima's explanation of Ocelot's personality change. :P He was such an awesome character in MGS1 and 3... :(

Everyone loves The Boss and Solid Snake, but my favorite character in the MGS universe is Young Ocelot from Snake Eater. He's an arrogant cocky bastard, but there is this sense of mystery about him through out the game that keeps you guessing. The fact that he's revealed to be [spoiler] the son of the boss [/spoiler] made him even more awesome.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

[QUOTE="King9999"]

[QUOTE="Angry_Beaver"]

S0lidSnake

Everyone loves The Boss and Solid Snake, but my favorite character in the MGS universe is Young Ocelot from Snake Eater. He's an arrogant cocky bastard, but there is this sense of mystery about him through out the game that keeps you guessing. The fact that he's revealed to be ************ made him even more awesome.

WTF man spoilers. There's people playing those games for the first time with the remake.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 S0lidSnake

WTF man spoilers. There's people playing those games for the first time with the remake. SteelAttack

well f***!

Sorry, though in my defense, it's a 7 year old game and we are in a thread about the sequel to its sequel.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 branketra

[QUOTE="King9999"]

[QUOTE="Angry_Beaver"]

S0lidSnake

Everyone loves The Boss and Solid Snake, but my favorite character in the MGS universe is Young Ocelot from Snake Eater. He's an arrogant cocky bastard, but there is this sense of mystery about him through out the game that keeps you guessing. The fact that he's revealed to be********** made him even more awesome.

He's what now? Where do you find this out? I've played all the games besides the original Metal Gear games, those card games and Peacewalker, and I've never heard that. I'm guessing you find out in Peacewalker.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 S0lidSnake

He's what now? Where do you find this out? I've played all the games besides the original Metal Gear games, those card games and Peacewalker, and I've never heard that. I'm guessing you find out in Peacewalker.

BranKetra

[spoiler] Nope, in Snake Eater, if you call Eva right after the Ocelot boss fight when you jump in the caves, she tells you that Ocelot's mother was a highly decorated soldier and so was his father. The Boss later tells Big Boss that she gave birth to a boy on a battlefield during WWII. Ocelot is 19 during the events of Snake Eater 1964. [/spoiler]

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I hope we stick with Old Snake. Perhaps this will focus on the geriatric superspy's heroic struggle with his prostate.

A war fought in the shadows. A war fought alone. A war fought against an enemy that feels like it's the size of a ****ing paperback book.

Metal Gear Solid 5: He Keeps Needing To Go But When He Gets There He Can't

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

S0lidSnake

Spoiler

I don't think I ever did that. It makes sense.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#69 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

All this talk of Metal Gear in this thread has made me decide to pick up the HD collection for my birthday in December, along with Deus EX HR. Since the MGS games are officially going to be multiplatform (then again, seeing this in a official confirmation link of sorts would be nice please), now is a good time to catch up with the series. I just hope that, someday, MGS 1 and MGS 4 arrive on other systems as well. To this day, Metal Gear Solid 1 is still my favorite in the series and to see it remade exclusively for a Nintendo system, while cool, is a bit disappointing, since other people out there cannot play it. And I know what you guys are going to say..."Just get yourself a Wii or a GC and a copy of the game and you'll be set." I'd rather have it all in one collection than own them all seperately...

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Black_Knight_00
my birthday in DecemberMetamania
lol happy Birthmas :lol:
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I hope we stick with Old Snake. Perhaps this will focus on the geriatric superspy's heroic struggle with his prostate.

A war fought in the shadows. A war fought alone. A war fought against an enemy that feels like it's the size of a ****ing paperback book.

Metal Gear Solid 5: He Keeps Needing To Go But When He Gets There He Can't

Business_Fun

lol, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Kojima made Depends a useable item in the game.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]my birthday in DecemberBlack_Knight_00
lol happy Birthmas :lol:

:lol: Horrible, but true! :D

TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

Good. I think 4 is an odd number to finish a series on. Either leave it at 3, or go for 5.

Hopefully we wont be playing as Raiden, and the stealth elements will be back in a better way.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Metamania

Good. I think 4 is an odd number to finish a series on. Either leave it at 3, or go for 5.

Hopefully we wont be playing as Raiden, and the stealth elements will be back in a better way.

TJORLY

That's one thing I never understood. The majority of fans and gamers alike never liked Raiden enough and always hated him. Why is that? He's just another character in the MGS universe to me. Why did people not like Raiden all that much? Will they not like him as much again because he's going to be starring in his own game, MGS Rising?

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
That's one thing I never understood. The majority of fans and gamers alike never liked Raiden enough and always hated him. Why is that? He's just another character in the MGS universe to me. Why did people not like Raiden all that much? Will they not like him as much again because he's going to be starring in his own game, MGS Rising?Metamania
It's probably because while everyone was eager to play as Snake in MGS2, they were instead forced to go through the majority of the game controlling a character being almost the exact opposite of Snake: a never-before-seen, easily manipulated whiny rookie. I don't like Raiden's MGS2 incarnation much myself, but he redeemed himself in MGS4 in my eyes.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]That's one thing I never understood. The majority of fans and gamers alike never liked Raiden enough and always hated him. Why is that? He's just another character in the MGS universe to me. Why did people not like Raiden all that much? Will they not like him as much again because he's going to be starring in his own game, MGS Rising?silentexistence
It's probably because while everyone was eager to play as Snake in MGS2, they were instead forced to go through the majority of the game controlling a character being almost the exact opposite of Snake: a never-before-seen, easily manipulated whiny rookie. I don't like Raiden's MGS2 incarnation much myself, but he redeemed himself in MGS4 in my eyes.

Weren't you able to play as Snake later on in MGS 2? I remember watching footage of it, so since that's the case, why complain about Raiden's presence as much?

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kelayr
Weren't you able to play as Snake later on in MGS 2? I remember watching footage of it, so since that's the case, why complain about Raiden's presence as much?Metamania
Sure, you get to play as Snake for one of the game's two episodes, but that episode is very short and has you accomplishing some rather trivial objectives as Snake. The meat of the game is in the other episode, where you control Raiden - something I guess most MGS fans weren't prepared for, given that they'd expect Snake to be the star of the MGS series.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="silentexistence"][QUOTE="Metamania"]That's one thing I never understood. The majority of fans and gamers alike never liked Raiden enough and always hated him. Why is that? He's just another character in the MGS universe to me. Why did people not like Raiden all that much? Will they not like him as much again because he's going to be starring in his own game, MGS Rising?Metamania

Weren't you able to play as Snake later on in MGS 2? I remember watching footage of it, so since that's the case, why complain about Raiden's presence as much?

The ratio is pretty much 95% Raiden and 5% Snake. You start off as a super cool-looking Snake with an awesome cutscene, play about 20 minutes and then... Raiden. It's a kick in the balls if you don't know it's coming. I think the problem with Raiden is how little believable he was in MGS2: despite having a horribly gruesome past that would harden even the biggest dork (I won't spoil), he still acts as an awkward teenager and passively suffers the unceasing barrage of nagging from his annoying as f*** codec girlfriend. You can be in the middle of a firefight and she'd call you to ask "Raiden, I have to know, when you kissed me five years ago why did you keep your eyes open?" WTF woman?! I'm dodging rockets! Stop calling me!
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

Haha, exactly.

I didn't have a huge problem with Raiden, but that's mainly because MGS2 was my first MGS game. Still, he was quite unbelievable, and his girlfriend was annoying.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 branketra
[QUOTE="Metamania"]That's one thing I never understood. The majority of fans and gamers alike never liked Raiden enough and always hated him. Why is that? He's just another character in the MGS universe to me. Why did people not like Raiden all that much? Will they not like him as much again because he's going to be starring in his own game, MGS Rising?silentexistence

That's a bit ironic, considering the entire plot of all of MGS 1,2, and 4 [spoiler] comes down to Snake being manipulated by someone or a group [/spoiler] . Snake complains, too. The difference is that he isn't a rookie. The logic behind this doesn't make sense to me.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 branketra
[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="silentexistence"] It's probably because while everyone was eager to play as Snake in MGS2, they were instead forced to go through the majority of the game controlling a character being almost the exact opposite of Snake: a never-before-seen, easily manipulated whiny rookie. I don't like Raiden's MGS2 incarnation much myself, but he redeemed himself in MGS4 in my eyes.Black_Knight_00

The ratio is pretty much 95% Raiden and 5% Snake. You start off as a super cool-looking Snake with an awesome cutscene, play about 20 minutes and then... Raiden. It's a kick in the balls if you don't know it's coming. I think the problem with Raiden is how little believable he was in MGS2: despite having a horribly gruesome past that would harden even the biggest dork (I won't spoil), he still acts as an awkward teenager and passively suffers the unceasing barrage of nagging from his annoying as f*** codec girlfriend. You can be in the middle of a firefight and she'd call you to ask "Raiden, I have to know, when you kissed me five years ago why did you keep your eyes open?" WTF woman?! I'm dodging rockets! Stop calling me!

Yeah about that. [spoiler] That wasn't actually her. It was Arsenal Gear. [/spoiler]
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

BranKetra

Yeah about that. [spoiler] That wasn't actually her. It was Arsenal Gear. [/spoiler]

Sure but [spoiler] you only find out near the end and you think it was her through the whole game [/spoiler] and she's a nag.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Kelayr
That's a bit ironic, considering the entire plot of all of MGS 1,2, and 4 [spoiler] comes down to Snake being manipulated by someone or a group [/spoiler] . Snake complains, too. The difference is that he isn't a rookie. The logic behind this doesn't make sense to me.BranKetra
Point taken. Thing is, though, that Snake was pretty much established in the first game, where everyone got used to his character - a serious, experienced soldier focused on his mission. Fast forward to MGS2, where we got a new face who was hassled by his relationship issues throughout an important mission. Snake complains, but he doesn't whine. Matters aren't helped by Raiden being a little more effeminate than most, so quite a few people tend to be quick to dismiss him as a pansy seeing how he isn't as badass as Snake. In the end, most people who disliked Raiden in MGS2 were just sore they didn't get to play as Snake for the whole game, so they settled with finding faults with his not-so-stellar replacement instead.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Black_Knight_00
In the end, most people who disliked Raiden in MGS2 were just sore they didn't get to play as Snake for the whole game, so they settled with finding faults with his not-so-stellar replacement instead.silentexistence
If you're going to replace the main character everyone loves (Metal Gear protagonist since 1987), at least don't tease him as a playable character before throwing the curveball.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Kelayr
If you're going to replace the main character everyone loves (Metal Gear protagonist since 1987), at least don't tease him as a playable character before throwing the curveball.Black_Knight_00
Haha, indeed. I'd rather Raiden get his own game, like Rising, than star as a main character in a numbered game in the series.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]If you're going to replace the main character everyone loves (Metal Gear protagonist since 1987), at least don't tease him as a playable character before throwing the curveball.silentexistence
Haha, indeed. I'd rather Raiden get his own game, like Rising, than star as a main character in a numbered game in the series.

I think we nailed it: the reason why fans snort at MGS2 is that cool prologue. It's like going out for dinner with a charming woman, then after appetizers she up and leaves leaving her less interesting friend to keep you company. Now this second woman may be all you want but the comparison with the former will inevitably leave you disappointed.
Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Kelayr
I think we nailed it: the reason why fans snort at MGS2 is that cool prologue. It's like going out for dinner with a charming woman, then after appetizers she up and leaves leaving her less interesting friend to keep you company. Now this second woman may be all you want but the comparison with the former will inevitably leave you disappointed.Black_Knight_00
Couldn't have thought up a better analogy myself.
fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#88 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

great news! lets celebrate!

killeer2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 killeer2007
Member since 2004 • 793 Posts

I must be the odd ball out because i like MGS2, it's probably my favorite in the series. Now on the my main point where is ZoE 3 Kojima, 2 is such an awesome game I've been wanting a sequel ever since i first played it.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 branketra

@"Black_Knight_00" That doesn't mean it was her, though. Then again, I guess they had to get the personality from somewhere.

Point taken. Thing is, though, that Snake was pretty much established in the first game, where everyone got used to his character - a serious, experienced soldier focused on his mission. Fast forward to MGS2, where we got a new face who was hassled by his relationship issues throughout an important mission. Snake complains, but he doesn't whine. Matters aren't helped by Raiden being a little more effeminate than most, so quite a few people tend to be quick to dismiss him as a pansy seeing how he isn't as badass as Snake. In the end, most people who disliked Raiden in MGS2 were just sore they didn't get to play as Snake for the whole game, so they settled with finding faults with his not-so-stellar replacement instead.silentexistence
True. I wouldn't really call Snake a whiner. You're probably right about the reasoning behind hating Raiden, too. Regardless, I didn't mind it as much as most.

I must be the odd ball out because i like MGS2, it's probably my favorite in the series. Now on the my main point where is ZoE 3 Kojima, 2 is such an awesome game I've been wanting a sequel ever since i first played it.

killeer2007

Yeah, it's a good one. Makes me wonder where they can take it after playing through everything in ZoE2. Max power vs any normal opponent was no competition.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Metamania

@"Black_Knight_00" That doesn't mean it was her, though. Then again, I guess they had to get the personality from somewhere.

[QUOTE="silentexistence"] Point taken. Thing is, though, that Snake was pretty much established in the first game, where everyone got used to his character - a serious, experienced soldier focused on his mission. Fast forward to MGS2, where we got a new face who was hassled by his relationship issues throughout an important mission. Snake complains, but he doesn't whine. Matters aren't helped by Raiden being a little more effeminate than most, so quite a few people tend to be quick to dismiss him as a pansy seeing how he isn't as badass as Snake. In the end, most people who disliked Raiden in MGS2 were just sore they didn't get to play as Snake for the whole game, so they settled with finding faults with his not-so-stellar replacement instead.BranKetra

True. I wouldn't really call Snake a whiner. You're probably right about the reasoning behind hating Raiden, too. Regardless, I didn't mind it as much as most.

killeer2007

Yeah, it's a good one. Makes me wonder where they can take it after playing through everything in ZoE2. Max power vs any normal opponent was no competition.

Yeah, Snake isn't a whiner. He's more like a man's man. :)

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="silentexistence"] True. I wouldn't really call Snake a whiner. You're probably right about the reasoning behind hating Raiden, too. Regardless, I didn't mind it as much as most. [QUOTE="killeer2007"]

Metamania

Yeah, Snake isn't a whiner. He's more like a man's man. :)

He is pretty good.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 S0lidSnake

I still think Raiden being the star of MGS2 was the best kept secret in the history of gaming. Not even reviews were allowed to mention it. Every preview only showed snake. Think about that, the entire game was kept hidden from us until the day of release.dvader654

I like how they created entire cutscenes with Snake (harrier fight on the George Washington Bridge and showed Snake fighting in the boss fights isntead of Raiden. :P

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts
Damn Kojima....... it's time for something else,I mean I love all the MGS games,but it's time to move on and show us what else your genius mind can come up with. I for one won't be buying MGS5,MGS4 will be the last MGS game for me.
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Looking forward to it.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#97 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The name "Project Ogre" sounds sooooo 1994... hopefully this project will be revolutionary. Whatever it is.. maybe someone could tune me in.. I've been out of the Kojima news loop.