Keeping GBA SP plugged in ok?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wildcat2000 (4515 posts) -

Mine runs out of power really fast and the light flashes alot like it has some kinda short. If you accidentally graze the on/off switch itll go off...or more like reset.

Is it ok to keep it plugged to the wall while playing? Like it wont harm the machine or game will it? Thanks

#2 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23597 posts) -
I don't think so. I've done it with both my GBA SP and my DS and they are still working fine.
#3 Posted by Talldude80 (6321 posts) -

if i was you i'd look into getting a new battery. I've had my gba sp for years and it's battery still lasts a LONG time. wish my psp or iphone had such good battery life.....

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.

#4 Posted by wildcat2000 (4515 posts) -

if i was you i'd look into getting a new battery. I've had my gba sp for years and it's battery still lasts a LONG time. wish my psp or iphone had such good battery life.....

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.Talldude80

The SP batteries can be replaced? Didnt know that. Well dont know whats the problem. Just know its some short.

Thanks for replies though. Im just gonna play plugged in from now on.

#5 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="Talldude80"]if i was you i'd look into getting a new battery. I've had my gba sp for years and it's battery still lasts a LONG time. wish my psp or iphone had such good battery life.....

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.wildcat2000

The SP batteries can be replaced? Didnt know that. Well dont know whats the problem. Just know its some short.

Thanks for replies though. Im just gonna play plugged in from now on.

Yep, that's likely the solution. My battery was doing that a couple months ago, and it was suggested that I get a new battery. That did the trick. And it was dirt-cheap on eBay.

#6 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

Only thing you need to change the battery is a really small screwdriver. It is pretty obvious how to do it.

#7 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.

Talldude80
My PSP-1000 still has a great battery life. :|
#8 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8041 posts) -
It's fine to play while plugged in, I haven't seen that cause a problem for the SP, DS Lite, PSP, or 3DS.