Keeping GBA SP plugged in ok?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Mine runs out of power really fast and the light flashes alot like it has some kinda short. If you accidentally graze the on/off switch itll go off...or more like reset.

Is it ok to keep it plugged to the wall while playing? Like it wont harm the machine or game will it? Thanks

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
I don't think so. I've done it with both my GBA SP and my DS and they are still working fine.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

if i was you i'd look into getting a new battery. I've had my gba sp for years and it's battery still lasts a LONG time. wish my psp or iphone had such good battery life.....

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

if i was you i'd look into getting a new battery. I've had my gba sp for years and it's battery still lasts a LONG time. wish my psp or iphone had such good battery life.....

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.Talldude80

The SP batteries can be replaced? Didnt know that. Well dont know whats the problem. Just know its some short.

Thanks for replies though. Im just gonna play plugged in from now on.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="Talldude80"]if i was you i'd look into getting a new battery. I've had my gba sp for years and it's battery still lasts a LONG time. wish my psp or iphone had such good battery life.....

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.wildcat2000

The SP batteries can be replaced? Didnt know that. Well dont know whats the problem. Just know its some short.

Thanks for replies though. Im just gonna play plugged in from now on.

Yep, that's likely the solution. My battery was doing that a couple months ago, and it was suggested that I get a new battery. That did the trick. And it was dirt-cheap on eBay.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#6 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Only thing you need to change the battery is a really small screwdriver. It is pretty obvious how to do it.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts

but until then, I wouldnt worry about playing with it plugged in. It's probably just trying to recharge the battery as you play.

Talldude80
My PSP-1000 still has a great battery life. :|
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
It's fine to play while plugged in, I haven't seen that cause a problem for the SP, DS Lite, PSP, or 3DS.