Is To the Moon any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

Is To the Moon worth the purchase?http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

SnowxWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SnowxWhite
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Why not try the hour-demo and see if you like it?

It's got some pretty great reviews here on Gamespot.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts
I didn't know if it was worth trying because I'm hesitant to download something from a non-mainstream site.
redeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 redeer
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

It's worth every penny. A truly incredible tale. And the fact that you won't download that is just plain stupid.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

YES!

Buy it.

LuckySavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LuckySavage
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

quite a number of people seem to be into this game saying that the story is sublime and all.

But I dont think the story is all that special. It lasts about 4~5 hours and there weren't any moment that I thought was beautiful or sad.

Like I said before, it's is just my little two cent and majority of people think it's great so why not give it a try

mled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mled
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts

quite a number of people seem to be into this game saying that the story is sublime and all.

But I dont think the story is all that special. It lasts about 4~5 hours and there weren't any moment that I thought was beautiful or sad.

Like I said before, it's is just my little two cent and majority of people think it's great so why not give it a try

LuckySavage

I only tried the demo and I agree with the above, if I wasn't drawn to the game in 1 hour then I was never gonna get drawn in to the game.

jaguarlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaguarlover
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Is it any good? It depends on whether you're mature enough to be moved, and interested enough in story over graphics and gameplay. This is a one-off type that uses quite basic gameplay to tell the most touching, deep and involving tale. Multiplayer trolls and the underdeveloped shouldnt waste their time, there's nothing here for you. But if you're looking for a different experience, (and secretly cry at E.T.) then persevere through the initial old-school look and casual playing style to an ever-deepeing and very humanising experience. Posters above may have pretty much clicked through (you can) and got nothing out of it, but those prepared to be open minded are in for a treat. Full of excellent game and sci-fi references too, if you're of that ilk.

Is it worth it? Every penny, and then some. 5 hours, sure, but 5 hours of genuine unputdownableness, and for me a genuine reflection of a game author's ability to send a real message and make you think a bit. This is what interactive movies should be - if only major publishers were prepared to be this inventive with the resources they have then we would see stories like this depicted in FP 3D, full voice acting etc. Having said that, the music is unbeatable by any studio in the context of this game.

It's cheap, and you can now buy on Steam for download security. Expand your mind! You will never regret it and PS metascores and reviews everywhere over 80% cant be that far wrong can they?  

Booshon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Booshon
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

Very good 

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#10 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
While it was created using RPG Maker, To the Moon is much more of a Visual Novel (VN) rather than an RPG, since it revolves almost entirely around storytelling and very little else. If what you're looking for is gameplay (or graphics), then look elsewhere. But if what you're looking for is a great narrative, then I'd highly recommend checking this game out.