Is there a console you regret getting?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

Poll Is there a console you regret getting? (63 votes)

Yes 62%
No 32%
No, but traded it after a while due to lack of games 6%

Have you ever had a console you traded in or didn't want after buying it?

• 
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I regretted the hell out of buying a PS3. I bought it on Black Friday and when it was stolen the following March, the only reason I was upset(other than being robbed blind, of course) was because it was my best Blu Ray player.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

yes game cube after playing resident evil 4 remake zero and zelda TP&WW

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I regret getting a 360. I bought it for skyrim and after playing it it's been sitting in my closet ever since.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Wii. As soon as I realised wii wasnt 1:1 with wiimote and all you needed to do is wrist movements, my wii experience started going downhill for me. Didnt help that after watching mass effect 1 and cod4 videos I noticed how much wii really is behind in graphics. I sold my wii and bought 360, one of best decisions I made this gen. I enjoyed wii about 4 months, it collected dust about 6 months, then I sold it.

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By bob_toeback
Member since 2006 • 11287 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@1PMrFister said:

@Lucianu said:
@1PMrFister said:

The original Xbox. I somehow fell into the hype surrounding Halo 2, and I only ever owned one game for it (which was not Halo 2).

Why did you buy an Xbox if you didn't get the SEGA, From Software, Team Ninja and Bizarre Creations games? There's some overhauled games like Genma Onimusha and Fatal Frame 2: Director's Cut with exclusive improvements. 720p enabled games like Soul Calibur II and The Warriors..

Shit, you even had the ability to actually go online and play Phantom Dust, something i unfortunately missed, i just recently picked up an OG Xbox.

We didn't have internet at my house at the time, so that was half the reason for owning an Xbox eliminated already. I rented quite a few games for it, and I enjoyed some of the exclusives, but it just didn't warrant its purchase for me like my PS2 and Gamecube did.

If there is one good thing to come from me getting one, it's that it taught me to never buy a system for just one game. I don't exactly have that much money to throw into this hobby.

it's not wise to base a purchase a console on just one game

I'd agree. But I did buy my PS3 for MGS4, and that alone was worth it in my opinion. I ended up buying some other games like LBP, but it was a good purchase regardless. I don't regret buying any consoles at the moment though. I never buy them when they first come out, always wait awhile to see which one I'd be more interested in. With Xbox 1 and PS4... right now I'm not all that interested, especially since the main games I am interested in right now will be released on current gen (MGSV)

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I regret the 3DO, Jaguar and more recently, the Wii U.

Gryffian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Gryffian
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Original DS

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617145447/throne-wars

feared4power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 feared4power
Member since 2008 • 621 Posts

the Wii

N1K0LA191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 N1K0LA191
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts

I definitely regret buying the Wii. It sits and collects dust, and its only real use now is Netflix. I really think that Nintendo should re-manufacture a re-vamped version of the N64. Do it up with HD graphics and re-release all the top hit games, that would be a console that would sell ridiculously.

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By bob_toeback

@N1K0LA191 said:

I definitely regret buying the Wii. It sits and collects dust, and its only real use now is Netflix. I really think that Nintendo should re-manufacture a re-vamped version of the N64. Do it up with HD graphics and re-release all the top hit games, that would be a console that would sell ridiculously.

I've been saying the same thing. N64 was sooo good. Still, basically, the best console. All it needs is some revamped visuals and it's ready to go

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

Wii.

Bought it for Smash Bros. Played it for like a month then realized what a piece of shit console I bought and got rid of it. Didn't reignite my love that I had for Melee and the other games I played sucked.

SMG does look great though. Oh, well.

N1K0LA191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By N1K0LA191
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts

@bob_toeback: Haha finally! Someone that speaks my language!! Almost every single one of those games were some of the best I've ever played. They really don't need to do much, like you said just revamp the graphics, maybe tweak the controller (A LITTLE BIT! Just enough to add a headset port) and throw in some online. That would hands down be THE best selling console EVER. I really hope they do something like that. I would pre-order it and probably even pay 300 bucks for it lol

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bob_toeback

@N1K0LA191 said:

@bob_toeback: Haha finally! Someone that speaks my language!! Almost every single one of those games were some of the best I've ever played. They really don't need to do much, like you said just revamp the graphics, maybe tweak the controller (A LITTLE BIT! Just enough to add a headset port) and throw in some online. That would hands down be THE best selling console EVER. I really hope they do something like that. I would pre-order it and probably even pay 300 bucks for it lol

YEHA MAN lol. One thing that would be good for the controller is the thumb stick. It was soo bad. And might be a good idea to have dual sticks, makes aiming easier... But most those games didn't really need aiming anyway. I swear The World's Not Enough's multiplayer has the best AI of all time

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

No, but I regret sticking with Nintendo for as long as I did, as I missed out on the majority of PS1 games and didnt get a PS2 until mid-way through last gen, meaning I had a lot of catching up to do.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@bob_toeback said:

@N1K0LA191 said:

I've been saying the same thing. N64 was sooo good. Still, basically, the best console. All it needs is some revamped visuals and it's ready to go

where have you been dude? Nice to see you

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bob_toeback

@The_Last_Ride: lol, hey buddy. Took a long break from GS, came back once I found unions were disbanding. Hows it goin?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 The_Last_Ride

@bob_toeback said:

@The_Last_Ride: lol, hey buddy. Took a long break from GS, came back once I found unions were disbanding. Hows it goin?

I have been able to keep mine, when they finally come back. But yeah i am sticking around

bob_toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bob_toeback

@The_Last_Ride said:

@bob_toeback said:

I have been able to keep mine, when they finally come back. But yeah i am sticking around

Cool man. Yeah I think the one I was hanging out in will come back as a forum, or however it's working. Not sure when that'll be. I'll add you on PSN

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

#69  Edited By Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

My SNES because I got bored of gaming and only owned three of its games.

My Wii until my kids began enjoying it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 The_Last_Ride

@bob_toeback said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@bob_toeback said:

Cool man. Yeah I think the one I was hanging out in will come back as a forum, or however it's working. Not sure when that'll be. I'll add you on PSN

yeah, thanks dude, it's in my signature :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I regret getting the PlayStation 3 because I made poor decision with it for the short time I had it. I focused too much on PlayStation Home instead of actually purchasing video games for it and I was always having second thoughts about something that I had purchased for it; I never even got a chance to use it to its full potential and I strongly regret what had happened. I feel I will have a much better experience with the PlayStation 4, if I am able to learn from my mistakes and make wiser decisions and if I am able to get a job soon enough and I do not wait too long to start into the next generation. Because of the misfortune I had with the PlayStation 3 and me no longer wanting to keep it, I ended up missing out on many great video games, but there were video games I was going to miss out on anyways and even next generation, because I had stopped import video gaming and many video games I had interest in at the time, even now, or in the future will never be localized.

StayFrosty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72  Edited By StayFrosty
Member since 2003 • 169 Posts

It had to be the Gamecube; my library was small and very hand picked. But those games were pretty damn awesome.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

I bought a used PS3 60GB fat model. It YLoD itself after 4 months. So that was $300+ for a door-stop.

On the other hand, the console I never regretted getting was a used original Xbox for $20. It works pretty well (Those DVD-ROM drives are a bit dodgy at times).

gt350tsc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 gt350tsc
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

I really regret trading in my PS3. There just wasn't many games around launch and I was impatient.

Won't be doing the same thing this time around the whichever console I get this time around is going to stay with me until the end of the generation.

Based on the PS4 price I'm thinking that instead of the xbox one.

The xbox one has some cool features but none of them I really need.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#75  Edited By immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Yes, I bought the Wii when it first released and outside Zelda (which in my opinion is over hyped) it really had no good games. I traded it to EB while it was still worth something and got over $200 in trade credit. I rebought the system years later when it had 6 or 7 games worth playing (surprise! They're all first party!) and even upon modding it, I didn't find it worth keeping. I'm glad I got to experience Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and DK Country Returns, but I won't make the same mistake with the Wii U.

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

My 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

360. Anything worth playing on it ran better on my PC.

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

i'm not sure if this counts but i regret my parents getting me a ps2. one of my cousins spilled orange juice all over it and it never worked right after that. i felt bad just because they wasted their money.

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#79  Edited By hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

Yes i have 2 that i regret, the xbox 360 and the wii. My 360 died on me within a year and after i bought the wii i realized i hate motion controls. I bought a wii U a few months ago and its a fantastic console, dont understand all the hate, im having a blast with mine.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Atari Jaguar: Only had 2 good games so that didn't last long.

Launch Xbox360: Only got Kameo on release then played a bit of King Kong. Weren't bad but the lack of interesting games is the reason I'll never buy a launch console again. Now I own one again and they're great.

Amiga CD32: Thought it was going to revolutionize the industry and was the first CD based games console. Realised after a few months that all you got was Amiga 1200 ports with better sound.

DangerRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DangerRemix
Member since 2011 • 59 Posts

Console I regret was xbox 360. I caught red ring 4x, on every new 360 I had gotten. On top of that it was a pain having to pay for online play, when u can get the ps3 online for free. So with heading into the next gen, I will only get ps4. I will have a better, and open mind set not to just spend my hard earned money on consoles, and games. As far as games go, I will only rent most of the games, only games I want to keep metal gear solid, and socom us navy seals (h-hour worlds elite).

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Wii U.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Atari Jaguar and Sega CD we're a little lackluster, but other than that I'm a hardcore gamer and I can enjoy games on any platform.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@withe1982 said:

Atari Jaguar: Only had 2 good games so that didn't last long.

What games were those?

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#85 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Not a single one. Consoles are expensive as hell, so I make damn sure that there are plenty of games I want to play on the system and that I'll be using what I'm buying for at least the next 10+ years before I buy it.