Is anyone going to pay The Elder Scrolls Online monthly subscription fee?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zaza__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zaza__
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'm getting a vibe this game will go free to play faster than SWTOR. Who is willing to pay $60 for the initial purchase and then a $180/year subscription fee? I understand the publishers are all jealous of WoW's success, that game probably made 100 times more money than it cost and turned Blizzard into the richest company in the business, but the reason nobody complained about WoW's criminally high prices was that it was the only one of it's kind at the time. Don't Bethesda understand this?
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Not sure yet. Might pay the fee for only one month just to take a look at the game(which I' m really interested in) and then wait until it becomes f2p.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

but the reason nobody complained about WoW's criminally high prices was that it was the only one of it's kind at the time.zaza__

Wait, what?

World of Warcraft wasn't the first subcription-based MMORPG. The MMORPG genre was huge in the late 90s, and quite a few MMOs in the early 2000s had multiple-millions of users.

WOW was successful because it was simple enough for non-gamers to get into, Blizzard has a large fanbase to begin with, and they had a hell of a lot of money to spend on marketing.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yea because im an adult with my own money and 15 bucks a month isnt going to break me

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Hell no, why should I pay monthly if I can get ALMOST the same experience with the Elder Scrolls Anthology?

Sure, no other players in this, but seriously, JUST other players to play with isn't BY FAR worth a montly fee of 15 $ or Euro

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Haha no.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
No, I'll get the new single player ES game when it comes.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

NO way, not worth it imo.  But in ESO's defense, I don't think any game is worth $180 a year.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I likely will, so far it's my most anticipated game of next year, so until games like Destiny and The Divison come out this will likely be my only purchase for a while, and instead of buying three new games I'm not overly interested in I'll put it towards a game I am interested in.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

not a chance

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

No, I'm good with Skyrim. In the meantime, I'll wait for ES VI.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
No way.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

[QUOTE="zaza__"]but the reason nobody complained about WoW's criminally high prices was that it was the only one of it's kind at the time.Planeforger

Wait, what?

World of Warcraft wasn't the first subcription-based MMORPG. The MMORPG genre was huge in the late 90s, and quite a few MMOs in the early 2000s had multiple-millions of users.

WOW was successful because it was simple enough for non-gamers to get into, Blizzard has a large fanbase to begin with, and they had a hell of a lot of money to spend on marketing.

I don't think thats what he mean't. I think what he's trying to say is WOW's Major success is what made it one of a kind, not that it being one of a kind made it a Major success. I mean, great one of a kind games fall short all the time. :D . Or put it this way, WOW is to gaming what Kristen Stewart is to Movies (neither are special, its their success despite being mediocre that makes them special ;) )
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Nope. Only payed a monthly subscription for WoW, not going to do that again for another MMORPG.
Ravenous_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ravenous_Joker
Member since 2013 • 297 Posts
I know that I will not be paying it.