Is anyone else dissapointed with Far Cry 3's Ending? **SPOILERS**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bluski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bluski
Member since 2011 • 322 Posts

**ENDING SPOILESR**

[spoiler] The story is so dissapointing. They killed off the main antagonist too easily half way through the game and toss in Hoyt who seems a lesser threat. The story tries to build itself up through getting revenge on your brothers but you find out late in the game that Riley is still alive, so why does Jason have to through all that trouble to kill Hoyt? They also don't explain why Vaas had the ancient knife when you got stabbed. They should have made it so when you enter through the big metal door, Vaas fills the entire room with hallucinagens and makes you watch a video on a projector that made you believe you killed Vaas, while you were just on drugs. Then fakes his death so you can settle the score with Hoyt. Maybe so Vaas can take over Hoyt's privateers because Hoyt drove him to insanity and Vaas was too weak to kill the monster thing that Citra makes you fight and he knows Jason can do it. Then after saving your friends, you go through a series of hits against you from privateers and pirates who join forces and find out Vaas is behind them.

Then they could have added 5 more hours or another island and eventually a real boss fight (not a quick time event one). Why is he in the boxart or on all of these ads? Doesn't make sense, I thought it was going to be like a Batman and Joker thing going on because Vaas never tried to kill you in a rush like three times already. Then the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over when you thought you have killed him already. This is just a typical Hollywood revenge plot, and there's no explanation what happens at then end when you save your friends who are the reason that drove Jason to go through all of it. And the Rakyat are suppose to be warriors but there were no epic battles in the game, it's just you and only you. They could have easily added campaign coop and put in a buddy system where the buddy is a rakyat warrrior or something or atleast have a npc follower. There's turrets in the vehicles but Jason mans both of them... Imagine the coop possiblities like sneaking in and taking out VIP's while your friend is giving you sniper cover, I mean forget about Assassin's creed 4 coop. Dissapointing. And my game didn't come with preorder codes either so I'm pretty pissed. Just a rant, thanks for hearing, I just thought it would have an unforgettable ending like red dead cause the trailers really looked promising. [/spoiler]

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I like the story. The moment you learn that your brother is alive hammer home how much the main character has change and gave weight to the like pick of the story. They did what Spec Ops: the Line tried to do and made it work.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I don't get how people are complaining about the lack of a boss fight when [spoiler] The battle against the giant in Cithra's temple is astonishing [/spoiler]
Bluski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bluski
Member since 2011 • 322 Posts
I don't get how people are complaining about the lack of a boss fight when [spoiler] The battle against the giant in Cithra's temple is astonishing [/spoiler] Black_Knight_00
I had trouble with that one. I tried to aim at the ground to take them out in groups since it was a little hard to aim at them individually but they just kept coming. I also played on the highest difficulty and I died like 5 times.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]I don't get how people are complaining about the lack of a boss fight when [spoiler] The battle against the giant in Cithra's temple is astonishing [/spoiler] Bluski
I had trouble with that one. I tried to aim at the ground to take them out in groups since it was a little hard to aim at them individually but they just kept coming. I also played on the highest difficulty and I died like 5 times.

I died once in normal, still have to play on hard
C63_XeroCore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 C63_XeroCore
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I liked the story and that is the problem.

I loved how a modern World man like Jason gets in deep with the jungle mumbo-jumbo which doesnt seems too much out of place.

Even the compass Magical things were ok for some level, and ofcoz the instances of parallel sub-cautious Boss Fights were really really well done. All characters looks real with face and speech. But i did hated the Ending, It was too quick a stop of ordeals, it must've been a little more epic. And Farcry 3 endings doesnt hold a candle against Spec ops TheLine Endings which was the "one of the best" ending i have seen. Though Farcry 3 was more entertaining.

!!!Start - Spoilers!!! Though the "Join" ending was pretty fun,cuz it was dark till the end. I dont like happy endings much.

!!!End- Spoilers!!!

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#7 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I lost interest with the story once Vaas was killed, they never should have killed him off that early, he was the star of the whole game. Hoyt was never menacing or never seemed that threatening, and the ending wasn't exactly brilliant.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I thought it was established that Far Cry 3 had an awful, trite plot. Its not about the story at all. In my opinion anyway. All about what you can do in the world.

But yes the ending was poor

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

killing vaas 3/4 of the game kills the mood for me and i didnt finnish the game and just look the ending online.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
lol it's a pretty funny ending if you go with Citra at the end of the game. You slit your girlfriends throat, bang citra on the altar, and then ms. jungle fever stabs you and kills you THE END lolololol I have no idea what the good ending is but here is my guess: they all make it off the island. The story and 90% of the characters in this game were the worst part of it. It was juvenile and predictable, right down to the rakyat betrayal at the end which you could see coming from a mile away.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

lol it's a pretty funny ending if you go with Citra at the end of the game. You slit your girlfriends throat, bang citra on the altar, and then ms. jungle fever stabs you and kills you THE END lolololol I have no idea what the good ending is but here is my guess: they all make it off the island. The story and 90% of the characters in this game were the worst part of it. It was juvenile and predictable, right down to the rakyat betrayal at the end which you could see coming from a mile away.GodModeEnabled

What if Citra had a miscarriage or something?

That would have been hilarious.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#12 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I dont think the story is the main focus of the game. The ending, Vaas fight, Hoyt fight were all disappointing. But the main appeal the game has going for it is the exploration and the actual adventure you have.

In real life, Jason Brody would have died with his brother. O well, it was a great game and I got my $60 out of it. I'm satisfied with the game. Just wish the co-op was better. It's kinda crap. Cant wait for the dlc tho.

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

I did think Vaas was a better enemy to face and they killed him off too soon in the game. Hoyt's stilll fun to kill, but on my first playthrough of the game, I chose to stay with Citra and I thought that ending was stupid and that they just threw it in there for the hell of it and "YAY BOOBIES!" I saw the other ending and I didn't think that was great either. Jason isn't a very likeable character, at least to me, but it was very cool seeing his transformation throughout the game and I think Ubisoft Montreal should have found a better way to end such a great epic game.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

I thought it was a great game, but the second half of the main story really suffered compared to the first. Vaaswas easily one of the better antagonists this gen in my opinion, unfortunately he didn'thave a big enough roll in the game. Secondly, I didn't like how suddenly you were undercover and pretty much accepted unless you caused trouble, took a lot of the challenge out of the game. Last, those 2 ending options, save your friends and family orrrr put your dick in crazy, ridiculous.

Also, maybe someone could answer, Vass sounded Puerto Rican to me, even looked like it. Meanwhile Citra sounded Pakistani and looked, well, a mix of Indian and African...yet they were brother and sister?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I thought Vaas was somewhat over-rated, but was better than Hoyt. Jason had such a girly voice and his friends were totally unlikable. Dennis was pretty cool until his jealousy started to show through, and Citra was just a freak and anyone with half a brain could see the end scenario coming a hundred miles away.

The story (and the "good" ending) wasn't as bad as some claim, and overall it was better than a lot of b-grade films are.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#16 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I was disappointed with the entire second half of that game. The first island seemed much more vibrant and mysterious and by the time I was on the second island I just didn't care about the plot or Jason's reasons for continuing to fight.

I thought Vaas was an awesome antagonist. Although I don't think he's really dead.