if gears of war was released this year, do u think it would win game/year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AX833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AX833
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
post ur opinions and stuff
ShattyFattmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ShattyFattmas
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts
No I dont think so, although I didnt agree with it winning last year so
aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts
Under the assumption that the extra year would be used to improve its gameplay, i would say possibly.
pexthewex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pexthewex
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

No I dont think so, although I didnt agree with it winning last year soShattyFattmas
if u didn't think gears of war should have won game of the year in 2006 then what game you think deserve the game of year award in 2006?

im just curious cuz i thought gears of war was great and set a new benchmark for video games. as far as i know gears was the first game that had the same great graphics throough the entire game. the gameplay graphics was as good as the cutscenses. anyway its just my opinion i would like to know yours plz.

AX833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AX833
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

im just curiouscause so many excellent games have come out this yr and i thought gears was great, so together...

i really like gears...

but im still a halo fan

but i think overall cod4 wins it

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts

[QUOTE="ShattyFattmas"]No I dont think so, although I didnt agree with it winning last year sopexthewex

if u didn't think gears of war should have won game of the year in 2006 then what game you think deserve the game of year award in 2006?

im just curious cuz i thought gears of war was great and set a new benchmark for video games. as far as i know gears was the first game that had the same great graphics throough the entire game. the gameplay graphics was as good as the cutscenses. anyway its just my opinion i would like to know yours plz.

Well, i personally agree with IGN's GOTY, namely, Okami

I loved that game! Excellent graphics (artistically speaking), wonderful sound design and original soundtrack (still in my top five of favorite videogame soundtracks), a quirky (yet loveable) storyline, and inventive and complelling gameplay (while never entirely hard, it is always fun)

Well, that is my opinion anyway :D

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

No I dont think so, although I didnt agree with it winning last year soShattyFattmas

Yeah. I'm with you. I think it only won last year where it came in so late. It was fresh in everyones minds and that gave it the edge.