I see Dragon Age 3 and GTA V failing for some reason.

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CecilChups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CecilChups
Member since 2013 • 205 Posts

Seems over hyped games end up a dissapointment these days.  Dragon Age 3 I can see being just a smidge better than 2, GTA V I see not doing so hot. I don't know why. Just a feeling. Also if DA 3 flops, I have a feeling EA will put the bullet in Bioware and say boopity flip flappity gumbo chops on the way out.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I think you're very wrong on that prediction. GTA 5 will be the biggest game of the year and Dragon Age 3 will be just fine.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Like every Grand Theft Auto game before it, Grand Theft Auto V will once again redefine open-world action games.

We don't know absolutely anything about Dragon Age III so it's impossible to tell. We can just hope that it'll be closer to the brilliance of the first game.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm sure GTA V will sell a billion copies even if they just put a dried up old turd in the box.  9.5+ score from Gamespot 100% guaranteed.

DA3 may be good, or it may get turned into some perfunctory single player campaign with a big online thing and sell worse than the previous  two games.  EA would cancel the franchise while vehemently denying that they're doing any such thing. 

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Like every Grand Theft Auto game before it, Grand Theft Auto V will once again redefine open-world action games.

We don't know absolutely anything about Dragon Age III so it's impossible to tell. We can just hope that it'll be closer to the brilliance of the first game.

UpInFlames
Eh, San Adreas did, but GTA IV redefined very little. It's pretty to look at, but suffered a downgrade in content
Avatar image for MasterTankallex
MasterTankallex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MasterTankallex
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

I definitely don't see GTAV failing, and I haven't seen enough on Dragon Age 3 to make an accurate prediction.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

There's no way that GTA V is going to fail. Rockstar knows what they're doing. As for DA3, I do have that back of the mind feeling that it won't do that great, but we would have to see more.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Dragon Age 3 may not do good, but GTAV will sell millions on it's name alone.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UpInFlames

Eh, San Adreas did, but GTA IV redefined very little. It's pretty to look at, but suffered a downgrade in contentBlack_Knight_00

Rockstar doesn't shovel in content for the hell of it. That's the easy route. They deliberately took a step back to redefine the basics. The shooting and the driving mechanics were completely overhauled. As were the physics and the animations. The design was meticulous, Liberty City is one of the best and most immersive open worlds ever created. Rockstar also cares about what kind of content fits a particular game. Grand Theft Auto IV's theme was rooted in realism, it had a rather somber tone, so I definitely didn't miss or want stuff like jetpacks and skydiving. It's because of that level of self-control and obsessive attention to detail why I respect Rockstar so much.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

GTA V will either be the exact same as GTA IV or be even better. Either way it won't flop.

Dragon Age 3 i've seen nothin of so i don't know. Hopefully it'll go back to more of the Dragon Age 1 roots.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Eh, San Adreas did, but GTA IV redefined very little. It's pretty to look at, but suffered a downgrade in contentUpInFlames

Rockstar doesn't shovel in content for the hell of it. That's the easy route. They deliberately took a step back to redefine the basics. The shooting and the driving mechanics were completely overhauled. As were the physics and the animations. The design was meticulous, Liberty City is one of the best and most immersive open worlds ever created. Rockstar also cares about what kind of content fits a particular game. Grand Theft Auto IV's theme was rooted in realism, it had a rather somber tone, so I definitely didn't miss or want stuff like jetpacks and skydiving. It's because of that level of self-control and obsessive attention to detail why I respect Rockstar so much.

Realism doesn't excuse lack of content: the lack of variety in clothes for one, the absence of barber shops, gyms, food which is just a medpack instead of having an impact on the character body like in San Andreas. They had to resort to the NPC calling you on the phone to have you go to bars and bowling alleys and play minigames instead of drawing you there with meaniningful rewards like San Andreas did. Also noticeable is the removal of airplanes despite having assault helicopters parked unguarded at the airport. No more bycicles either. What I agree with is that the city looks fantastic even by today's standards: the people, lighting, random events all contribute to making it feel alive and believable. Still, GTA V will have to bring variety back in order to catch my attention and if that means sacrificing a bit of realism and go back to the tongue-in-cheek approach, so be it.
CecilChups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CecilChups

Mmm, now that you people mention it, I forgot the Red Dead studio was helping as well. Red Dead Redemption is really the only Rockstar game I could replay and liked A LOT. So maybe it will do well. Dragon Age III......yeah. Bioware and the number 3 don't get a long that well. Mass Effect 3 was decent, but 1 and 2 blow it away.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
GTA V will no doubt be the biggest and best game of 2013. Dragon Age 3 will do just fine.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#14 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I've never liked the GTA series but I seriously doubt that that the game won't do well
CecilChups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CecilChups
I've never liked the GTA series but I seriously doubt that that the game won't do wellLegolas_Katarn
Oh sales wise it will be amazing. But then, so were Diablo 3's sales. The aftermath, however...
CecilChups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CecilChups
GTA V will no doubt be the biggest and best game of 2013. Dragon Age 3 will do just fine. MonoSilver
I hope so. Even though DA Origins is in my backlog and I have yet to play it, from what I hear its amazing. I hope 3 will be just as good, if not, better.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]GTA V will no doubt be the biggest and best game of 2013. Dragon Age 3 will do just fine. CecilChups
I hope so. Even though DA Origins is in my backlog and I have yet to play it, from what I hear its amazing. I hope 3 will be just as good, if not, better.

Origins is an amazing game I think. I've not played 2 but I imagine it's like Mass Effect but set in the Dragon Age world which sounds cool to me.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

Regardless of some of Dragon Age 2's short-comings I think Bioware will learn from it and come back fully with an awesome third installment. I'm really looking forward to it.

GTAV is going to do just fine. The things Rockstar has done this generation only reinforces that. 

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]I've never liked the GTA series but I seriously doubt that that the game won't do wellCecilChups
Oh sales wise it will be amazing. But then, so were Diablo 3's sales. The aftermath, however...

Thre's no comparision to them as long as Rockstar doesn't state idiotic stuff like "Hey, let's rehaul the game and take out guns, and if you want more cars, you can buy them at the real money auction house from people who found the rarest cars in the city and sold them to it. And you know what? While we're at it, you will have to be always online in order to play the single player experience"

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
So long as DA3 is more like DA:O in terms of gameplay (Well maybe it could be sped up a bit more) just with a bigger world then it'll be fine. GTA 5 on the other hand couldn't flop even if it tried
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]I've never liked the GTA series but I seriously doubt that that the game won't do wellCecilChups

Diablo 3 failed because of blizzards insistance to make the game always online when they clearly couldn't impliment it properly (seriously though if games like TF2 which are free to play can be online only I don't see how a big budget game like diablo couldn't manage to get it to work) and they still haven't introduce a PVP ode yet (Don't quote me on that though haa). Unless rockstar pull a simular stunt I don't see GTA 5 being a flop.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Eh, San Adreas did, but GTA IV redefined very little. It's pretty to look at, but suffered a downgrade in contentBlack_Knight_00

Realism doesn't excuse lack of content: the lack of variety in clothes for one, the absence of barber shops, gyms, food which is just a medpack instead of having an impact on the character body like in San Andreas. They had to resort to the NPC calling you on the phone to have you go to bars and bowling alleys and play minigames instead of drawing you there with meaniningful rewards like San Andreas did. Also noticeable is the removal of airplanes despite having assault helicopters parked unguarded at the airport. No more bycicles either. What I agree with is that the city looks fantastic even by today's standards: the people, lighting, random events all contribute to making it feel alive and believable. Still, GTA V will have to bring variety back in order to catch my attention and if that means sacrificing a bit of realism and go back to the tongue-in-cheek approach, so be it.

It wasn't merely a matter of realism; GTAIV was a necessary overhaul of the entire construct.

I understand that some people really disliked the step back in content from GTA:SA to GTAIV but personally I think what we received in trade was a much higher level of quality gameplay.

The fantastic news is that GTAV is looking to give us enough content to eclipse San Andreas while refining the excellent core of GTAIV.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UpInFlames

Realism doesn't excuse lack of content: the lack of variety in clothes for one, the absence of barber shops, gyms, food which is just a medpack instead of having an impact on the character body like in San Andreas. They had to resort to the NPC calling you on the phone to have you go to bars and bowling alleys and play minigames instead of drawing you there with meaniningful rewards like San Andreas did. Also noticeable is the removal of airplanes despite having assault helicopters parked unguarded at the airport. No more bycicles either. What I agree with is that the city looks fantastic even by today's standards: the people, lighting, random events all contribute to making it feel alive and believable. Still, GTA V will have to bring variety back in order to catch my attention and if that means sacrificing a bit of realism and go back to the tongue-in-cheek approach, so be it.Black_Knight_00

I didn't miss any of that stuff, I barely even did it in San Andreas. Honestly, airplanes and bicycles don't make any sense to me in Grand Theft Auto IV. And that's my point. Rockstar chooses what makes sense the most. They did the same thing with Grand Theft Auto III, totally scaled it back and did something completely different. Property made sense in Vice City, but they removed it in San Andreas. They went over-the-top again in The Ballad of Gay Tony. Grand Theft Auto IV had content, you just didn't like it. They remove and add new stuff for each installment based on what they're trying to accomplish, that's why each game is so different. I totally respect them for that.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I doubt GTA 5 will. Dragon Age 3 however, well if they follow the same formula as Dragon age 2 then definitly
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grammaton-Cleric

Hyperbole aside, I'm betting that GTAV will end up being one of the very best games ever made.

The game is looking to enjoy a hearty dose of refinement along with some pretty innovative concepts.

Systems_Id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Systems_Id
Member since 2002 • 8156 Posts

I can definitely see Dragon Age 3 tanking. 

I'm willing to bet GTAV outsells this years Call of Duty though. Everything I've seen from V honestly looks amazing.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i don't know how we are measuring failure for GTAV. do i think it will be a good game? absolutely not. however, it's going sell a ton of copies because it's a GTA game, it will have the rockstar logo on the cover, and there will be tons of commercials. it will also likely be received well by the media, going by rockstar developed games of the generation.

same with DAIII. i don't know if it will be a good game, although bioware claims to be aiming for a new direction with level design (after having pretty much the same basic setup for every game's level design since KotOR) so it could fly or crash. as for sales, the DA games have sold well in the past (just not as well as a GTA game) but it will be interesting, or more likely frustrating, to see how bioware fans react after the ME3 ending. i personally plan to at least wait a few weeks in fear of bioware making any big changes. as for critical reception, DAI got rave reviews and DAII got a positive reaction with a lot of the critiques being skin deep.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44405 Posts
I'm certain that GTAV will be excellent and I'm very confident in Bioware so I'm none too worried about Dragon Age 3. I loved both of the previous DA games so I'm really looking forward to this next one.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Grammaton-Cleric

i don't know how we are measuring failure for GTAV. do i think it will be a good game? absolutely not. however, it's going sell a ton of copies because it's a GTA game, it will have the rockstar logo on the cover, and there will be tons of commercials. it will also likely be received well by the media, going by rockstar developed games of the generation.

LoG-Sacrament

I'm not certain what your derision and hatred of Rockstar is predicated on but speaking for myself I will state emphatically that the Rockstar logo means a great deal to me because as a publisher and developer they have released some of the very best games ever made, many of them during this generation.

LA Noir was probably the weakest game they published and it still offered some incredibly unique and divergent gameplay mechanics.

To this day, GTAIV contains elements unmatched in open world gaming, despite being released in 2009.

Red Dead Redemption was a perfect distillation of the western mythos replete with excellent shooting and horse-riding mechanics and an expansive landscape that managed to authentically capture the inevitable isolation necessitated by being a frontiersman.

Max Payne 3 is probably the best pure TPS ever made and the physics included in that game, along with some frightening good AI, ensures that no shootout ever plays the same way twice.

And GTAV looks to be flatly one of the most innovative games of this generation; the ability to swap playable protagonists on the fly, seamlessly, is unlike anything we've been privy to in an open-world construct.

Of course I'm not asserting you must like their games but I think the notion that GTAV will sell simply because of the brand in disingenuous. I've been playing games long enough to be able to astutely categorize quality developers and publishers and Rockstar is most certainly top tier, as evidenced by their output.  

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
GTa will be awesome, it wont fail. DA3.. who knows, they haven't said anything about it.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

Black_Knight_00

Eh, San Adreas did, but GTA IV redefined very little. It's pretty to look at, but suffered a downgrade in content

Not just in content, but there was PLENTY of flaws that made GTA IV NOT a perfect game, like a lot of fans and just about every gaming critic pan it to be. The driving mechanics are pretty bad, some of the missions weren't fun BECAUSE of the driving (especially when you go into long chases, only for your car to not adjust the way you want it to, you end up crashing and are forced to restart the mission all over again), the "taking out Roman or whoever" games left little to no rewards in the end, etc. It's flaws like those that made me go "Yeah, GTA IV is not a perfect game." And yet, it got 10s because it was GTA. Stupid, pathetic thinking if you ask me. GTA V better raise the bar a lot more and be A LOT better than GTA IV.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#32 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

I think it's highly unlikely GTA V is going to fail. There are going to be people who will be dissappointed for whatever reason, like with GTA 4 because it wasn't San Andreas 2, and people who don't care about the series in general. But just like GTA 4, it will be an incredible game without question. Rockstar has earned their reputation as a top tier developer by not rushing their products, listening to their fans, providing games with a lot of value for the money, and not being afraid to push the envelope in the medium.

Dragon Age 3 and EA on the other hand are the exact opposite of everything I just said about Rockstar.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#33 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

Metamania

Not just in content, but there was PLENTY of flaws that made GTA IV NOT a perfect game, like a lot of fans and just about every gaming critic pan it to be. The driving mechanics are pretty bad, some of the missions weren't fun BECAUSE of the driving (especially when you go into long chases, only for your car to not adjust the way you want it to, you end up crashing and are forced to restart the mission all over again), the "taking out Roman or whoever" games left little to no rewards in the end, etc. It's flaws like those that made me go "Yeah, GTA IV is not a perfect game." And yet, it got 10s because it was GTA. Stupid, pathetic thinking if you ask me. GTA V better raise the bar a lot more and be A LOT better than GTA IV.

The driving was great in GTA 4, once I spent some time learning the handling, I was fine. Played the game for hundreds of hours and never had an issue. Sorry you had such bad luck.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Black_Knight_00
I didn't miss any of that stuff, I barely even did it in San Andreas.UpInFlames
You didn't, a lot of people did. Personal taste. The objective fact is that GTA IV is better made but has less stuff. San Andreas gave you incentive to explore the woods looking for secrets, climb a mountain looking for something crazy. GTA IV had a few ramps here and there for a slow-motion jump, what else? Not to mention San Andreas had 3 cities and the coutryside, while GTA IV, bigger or not, was just one city and this made me feel restricted.
The fantastic news is that GTAV is looking to give us enough content to eclipse San Andreas while refining the excellent core of GTAIV.Grammaton-Cleric
...and that's precisely what they had to do: sure, make the world more believable, but don't take away the reasons to drive around and discover that world.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonoSilver

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

Metamania

What? The driving mechanics were great. The vehicles had weight to them and handled perfectly fine. It took a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it it's fine. Don't blame the game if you can't drive the vehicles.
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

I really doubt either would do badly... especially Grand Theft Auto V. I don't think Rockstar Games knows how to fail... even if they deliberately tried to flop a game, it would still be awesome.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

GTA4 did leave a sour taste in a number of games including me. Not because of the remove content but with the boringness of the setting and pain it was to drive around that city.

I wnjoy DA2 more that the first game. DAO follow Bioware's stander story telling method. I am become sick of the main story stopping to the bulk of the game can be in side story to gather up the MacGuffins. Bioware overall stories are never that good but DA2 was better and seem to take a more real look at the story.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#38 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

Grammaton-Cleric

I'm not certain what your derision and hatred of Rockstar is predicated on but speaking for myself I will state emphatically that the Rockstar logo means a great deal to me because as a publisher and developer they have released some of the very best games ever made, many of them during this generation.

LA Noir was probably the weakest game they published and it still offered some incredibly unique and divergent gameplay mechanics.

To this day, GTAIV contains elements unmatched in open world gaming, despite being released in 2009.

Red Dead Redemption was a perfect distillation of the western mythos replete with excellent shooting and horse-riding mechanics and an expansive landscape that managed to authentically capture the inevitable isolation necessitated by being a frontiersman.

Max Payne 3 is probably the best pure TPS ever made and the physics included in that game, along with some frightening good AI, ensures that no shootout ever plays the same way twice.

And GTAV looks to be flatly one of the most innovative games of this generation; the ability to swap playable protagonists on the fly, seamlessly, is unlike anything we've been privy to in an open-world construct.

Of course I'm not asserting you must like their games but I think the notion that GTAV will sell simply because of the brand in disingenuous. I've been playing games long enough to be able to astutely categorize quality developers and publishers and Rockstar is most certainly top tier, as evidenced by their output.  

i'm not saying it's a bad thing that the rockstar logo pushes copies. i'm not even saying there isn't a rockstar published game i don't like a lot ( for the record, i think LA noire is a great game even if i have some issues with it ). nintendo has made some of my favorite games of all time so they are a special developer/publisher to me, but i can recognize that the mark of a "nintendo game" is enough to push sales by itself. honestly, i think it's a good thing when gamer tastes move away from franchises and more towards the creators even if i'm not a fan of those creators.

as for why i don't like rockstar as a whole, i have a user review of RDR up here. honestly, i think it's one of my weakest reviews and i'd be more critical of it if i rewrote the thing today, but i stand by the broader points. i still have to stomach my way through the rest GTAIV but i expect to eventually write a full review when i do.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Black_Knight_00
Not just in content, but there was PLENTY of flaws that made GTA IV NOT a perfect game, like a lot of fans and just about every gaming critic pan it to be. The driving mechanics are pretty bad, some of the missions weren't fun BECAUSE of the driving (especially when you go into long chases, only for your car to not adjust the way you want it to, you end up crashing and are forced to restart the mission all over again), the "taking out Roman or whoever" games left little to no rewards in the end, etc. It's flaws like those that made me go "Yeah, GTA IV is not a perfect game." And yet, it got 10s because it was GTA. Stupid, pathetic thinking if you ask me. GTA V better raise the bar a lot more and be A LOT better than GTA IV.Metamania
The driving isn't all that bad, it's just very hard to get used to. I agree on the rest: the game got the ratings it did because it's GTA and because it was such a technical leap forward from anything we had seen that far. I don't like the snap-aiming mechanic either, good thing they made that optional in Red Dead Redemption. GTA IV is still a great game, I just think they slacked off on the content and no claim of realism will ever convince me otherwise.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Black_Knight_00
As for Dragon Age 3, I'm not pessimistic (yes you read that right). After playing Two Worlds 2 I am absolutely confident that anyone can make a decent open world RPG, even today's Bioware
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wiouds

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Not just in content, but there was PLENTY of flaws that made GTA IV NOT a perfect game, like a lot of fans and just about every gaming critic pan it to be. The driving mechanics are pretty bad, some of the missions weren't fun BECAUSE of the driving (especially when you go into long chases, only for your car to not adjust the way you want it to, you end up crashing and are forced to restart the mission all over again), the "taking out Roman or whoever" games left little to no rewards in the end, etc. It's flaws like those that made me go "Yeah, GTA IV is not a perfect game." And yet, it got 10s because it was GTA. Stupid, pathetic thinking if you ask me. GTA V better raise the bar a lot more and be A LOT better than GTA IV.Black_Knight_00
The driving isn't all that bad, it's just very hard to get used to. I agree on the rest: the game got the ratings it did because it's GTA and because it was such a technical leap forward from anything we had seen that far. I don't like the snap-aiming mechanic either, good thing they made that optional in Red Dead Redemption. GTA IV is still a great game, I just think they slacked off on the content and no claim of realism will ever convince me otherwise.

I enjoy the driving the cars in GTAIV but I hated the roads. They were just the worse to drive in. Storywise it is no where near as good as GTA:SA.

The only time I like Auto-aim is with the mouse and keyboard.

Realism along with immersion and innovation are the most overrated ideal that gamers throw around.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

DA3 we haven't seen anything of yet, so it's impossible to say what will happen with it. 

GTAV on the other hand looks very promising, I have little doubt Rockstar will deliver an awesome game. 

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UpInFlames

You didn't, a lot of people did. Personal taste. The objective fact is that GTA IV is better made but has less stuff.Black_Knight_00

That's fine with me. Vice City and Grand Theft Auto IV are my favorite Grand Theft Auto games precisely because they were focused. I love San Andreas, but it was too big and tried too many things for its own good. It totally lost its focus after leaving Los Santos and took the story in a pretty unbelieveable direction. A lot of fuss was made about San Andreas' jetpacks, working out, eating, car customization, etc., etc., but I never thought any of that stuff brought anything meaningful to the table.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]You didn't, a lot of people did. Personal taste. The objective fact is that GTA IV is better made but has less stuff.UpInFlames

That's fine with me. Vice City and Grand Theft Auto IV are my favorite Grand Theft Auto games precisely because they were focused. I love San Andreas, but it was too big and tried too many things for its own good. It totally lost its focus after leaving Los Santos and took the story in a pretty unbelieveable direction. A lot of fuss was made about San Andreas' jetpacks, working out, eating, car customization, etc., etc., but I never thought any of that stuff brought anything meaningful to the table.

Let me quote Sasha Grey and say "There is no such thing as 'too big' "
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Black_Knight_00
Realism along with immersion and innovation are the most overrated ideal that gamers throw around.wiouds
Poppycock. realism, immersion and innovation are three of the pillars of excellence.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

What are we talkin about realism here? Keeping the suspension of belief going within whateve universe we're immersed in or actual lifelike gameplay?

In the latter case, i don't think realism is too important for a great game.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#47 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Seems over hyped games end up a dissapointment these days.  Dragon Age 3 I can see being just a smidge better than 2, GTA V I see not doing so hot. I don't know why. Just a feeling. Also if DA 3 flops, I have a feeling EA will put the bullet in Bioware and say boopity flip flappity gumbo chops on the way out.

CecilChups

GTAV will not flop or fail. In any capacity. It will sell incredibly well, receive high marks, and be loved by millions of fans.

As for Dragon Age III: What hype? I never see anyone discussing the game because we haven't seen anything of it yet. Its success will likely be determined by how well it is received at E3. If the game does flop, no way in hell is EA going to put down Bioware as their Mass Effect title has brought them way too much money.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wiouds

[QUOTE="wiouds"]Realism along with immersion and innovation are the most overrated ideal that gamers throw around.Black_Knight_00
Poppycock. realism, immersion and innovation are three of the pillars of excellence.

Game play, Controls, and clear graphics design are the pillars.

You cna have excelent games without the other three.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="wiouds"]Realism along with immersion and innovation are the most overrated ideal that gamers throw around.wiouds

Game play, Controls, and clear graphics design are the pillars.

You cna have excelent games without the other three.

Gameplay, controls and graphics are the foundations. Realism, immersion and innovation are the pillars.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UpInFlames

Let me quote Sasha Grey and say "There is no such thing as 'too big' "Black_Knight_00

She talks a big game for a flat-chested slut.