How powerful was the 3DO? Also, it could have dominated 5th gen.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Lordofinternet
Member since 2012 • 218 Posts
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

you still going? damn youre a troll.

and yes, I do indeed own a 3DO , an FZ-10, but apparently youve been to my house....and checked what I own and what I don't :P

Darkman2007
Yep I am a troll. No actually it seems you are the one saying that factual physical link, which you already clicked on now suddenly does not exist and is not evidence over a vague youtube video. yeah, apparently been to your house? I said "when he has no 3DO and if he does has no game experience with it." i like the lack of reading skills, I already proved that 500000 is wrong, time to give up.

youve proven things to yourself , thats about it, but hey, if youre happy with that, so be it. and yes I do indeed have experience with the 3DO , even with the limited 17 games or so that I own for it , which is frankly more than most people out there who don't own the system outright.

No you have proven things to yourself. You are literally telling me right here that the 750000 in the link I provided (up to that point) does not exist. So what's your explanation? Narcotics? Alchohol? Medication? I mean undeniably figures are right there. Heck more? http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3DO+Announces+Financial+Results+For+First+Quarter.-a017118759 In the link: "To date, 3DO(TM) licensed product sales to consumers have totaled over half a billion dollars and hardware system sales to retailers exceeded 700,000 units worldwide." Which if I recall Correctly, was their sales goal to pass, which they did, which means that world wide they exceeded 700,000 which is more than 500,000 but hey math and stuff we don't do that. More: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3DO+SALES+INCREASE+WITH+NEW+%24299+PRICE+POINT%3b+Low+Price%3b+Software...-a017338526 In the Link, improtant in Bold: "Currently the hottest selling title for the 3DO platform is GEX with over 250,000 units manufactured, making it the best selling title for the 3DO platform ever. GEX follows other big hits for the 3DO platform including titles from Electronic Arts such as FIFA Soccer and Road Rash, and Panasonic's Super Street Fighter II, all of which have more than 150,000 units manufactured." You then half to add the fact the global price drops, more High profile titles, like Need For spped, and titles like Need For Speed being featured in magazines, the software price drops, and the already multiplatform game software 3DO was already doing (although not with PS yet.) Even indicating they didn't want to use the Saturn because it was old hardware. But I bet that's just nonesense to right? The 700000 is Aug in 95, which is when the 3DO started boosting since late 94 with increases constantly and constant price cuts. The Saturn on the other hand: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Sega+Saturn+price+drops+to+%24249+as+game+sales+surge.-a018136765 Struggle at 500000 in March of 96. and this is with price cuts and software cuts. and no real increases. Then you have this: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Costly+battle+for+share+in+video-game+arena.-a018350649 Which Mike states that after the cuts, which was in the same year as the 500000 thousand said Saturn sales tripled, but tripled is not 500000-600000, so most likely taking other regions sales, mostly japan, as an increase. This clealry shows the 3DO was selling at a faster rate and had more units, then keep in mind the Saturn did at least get past one million a bit later, it would make sense that the 3Do at least sold a few million itself. This all clearly shows that the 3DO sold over 500000 either way so you can take your youtube video and stuff it.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#52 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] Yep I am a troll. No actually it seems you are the one saying that factual physical link, which you already clicked on now suddenly does not exist and is not evidence over a vague youtube video. yeah, apparently been to your house? I said "when he has no 3DO and if he does has no game experience with it." i like the lack of reading skills, I already proved that 500000 is wrong, time to give up.

youve proven things to yourself , thats about it, but hey, if youre happy with that, so be it. and yes I do indeed have experience with the 3DO , even with the limited 17 games or so that I own for it , which is frankly more than most people out there who don't own the system outright.

No you have proven things to yourself. You are literally telling me right here that the 750000 in the link I provided (up to that point) does not exist. So what's your explanation? Narcotics? Alchohol? Medication? I mean undeniably figures are right there. Heck more? http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3DO+Announces+Financial+Results+For+First+Quarter.-a017118759 In the link: "To date, 3DO(TM) licensed product sales to consumers have totaled over half a billion dollars and hardware system sales to retailers exceeded 700,000 units worldwide." Which if I recall Correctly, was their sales goal to pass, which they did, which means that world wide they exceeded 700,000 which is more than 500,000 but hey math and stuff we don't do that. More: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3DO+SALES+INCREASE+WITH+NEW+%24299+PRICE+POINT%3b+Low+Price%3b+Software...-a017338526 In the Link, improtant in Bold: "Currently the hottest selling title for the 3DO platform is GEX with over 250,000 units manufactured, making it the best selling title for the 3DO platform ever. GEX follows other big hits for the 3DO platform including titles from Electronic Arts such as FIFA Soccer and Road Rash, and Panasonic's Super Street Fighter II, all of which have more than 150,000 units manufactured." You then half to add the fact the global price drops, more High profile titles, like Need For spped, and titles like Need For Speed being featured in magazines, the software price drops, and the already multiplatform game software 3DO was already doing (although not with PS yet.) Even indicating they didn't want to use the Saturn because it was old hardware. But I bet that's just nonesense to right? The 700000 is Aug in 95, which is when the 3DO started boosting since late 94 with increases constantly and constant price cuts. The Saturn on the other hand: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Sega+Saturn+price+drops+to+%24249+as+game+sales+surge.-a018136765 Struggle at 500000 in March of 96. and this is with price cuts and software cuts. and no real increases. Then you have this: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Costly+battle+for+share+in+video-game+arena.-a018350649 Which Mike states that after the cuts, which was in the same year as the 500000 thousand said Saturn sales tripled, but tripled is not 500000-600000, so most likely taking other regions sales, mostly japan, as an increase. This clealry shows the 3DO was selling at a faster rate and had more units, then keep in mind the Saturn did at least get past one million a bit later, it would make sense that the 3Do at least sold a few million itself. This all clearly shows that the 3DO sold over 500000 either way so you can take your youtube video and stuff it.

youre still ranting about this? though as a side question how did 700K become 5 million? the figure you initially stated its pretty clear that this piece of news is from August 95, several months after that E3 conference with the 500K figure, so quite honestly, youre helping my argument seriously , either stop trolling, or get help , and I mean this in a nice way.
Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lordofinternet
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] youve proven things to yourself , thats about it, but hey, if youre happy with that, so be it. and yes I do indeed have experience with the 3DO , even with the limited 17 games or so that I own for it , which is frankly more than most people out there who don't own the system outright.

youre still ranting about this? though as a side question how did 700K become 5 million? the figure you initially stated its pretty clear that this piece of news is from August 95, several months after that E3 conference with the 500K figure, so quite honestly, youre helping my argument seriously , either stop trolling, or get help , and I mean this in a nice way.

Your point was that it sold 500,000. you have been beaten to the ground on this soo many times it's not even funny. It also does not help that I have several more links showing Gex selling 250000 and other games selling over 100000 during your e3 video and a quote that stated :they had 10 games with over 100000 sales. Which would also just help with how messed up your figure is. but you would just deny those as well. Also how did the Sega Saturns 500,000 quickly become nearly 2 million in nearly one year? So what your saying is the price cuts and lower software sales don't matter, it's impossible for the 3DO to sell a few million? Yet the Saturn can have a random push out? While I am not entirely sure how much the 3DO got toward 5 million, i know it outsold the Saturn, which was a point I made before, and even the PSX but that was at the start though. But that will probably go past your mind to huh? Maybe medication? What's your parents phone number? I need to talk to them about how much you humiliate yourself and raised improperly. Such as making fun of grammar and spelling it "grammer' and a bunch of other things you were proven wrong about but you omit every post because you are a sad person pretending to have 3DO experience. Dude go outside, get a life and such. Stop being a worthless nobody. Stop ignoring proof, go see a psychologist, something.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#54 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Why do you guys get so personal over a game discussion?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] No you have proven things to yourself. You are literally telling me right here that the 750000 in the link I provided (up to that point) does not exist. So what's your explanation? Narcotics? Alchohol? Medication? I mean undeniably figures are right there. Heck more? http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3DO+Announces+Financial+Results+For+First+Quarter.-a017118759 In the link: "To date, 3DO(TM) licensed product sales to consumers have totaled over half a billion dollars and hardware system sales to retailers exceeded 700,000 units worldwide." Which if I recall Correctly, was their sales goal to pass, which they did, which means that world wide they exceeded 700,000 which is more than 500,000 but hey math and stuff we don't do that. More: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/3DO+SALES+INCREASE+WITH+NEW+%24299+PRICE+POINT%3b+Low+Price%3b+Software...-a017338526 In the Link, improtant in Bold: "Currently the hottest selling title for the 3DO platform is GEX with over 250,000 units manufactured, making it the best selling title for the 3DO platform ever. GEX follows other big hits for the 3DO platform including titles from Electronic Arts such as FIFA Soccer and Road Rash, and Panasonic's Super Street Fighter II, all of which have more than 150,000 units manufactured." You then half to add the fact the global price drops, more High profile titles, like Need For spped, and titles like Need For Speed being featured in magazines, the software price drops, and the already multiplatform game software 3DO was already doing (although not with PS yet.) Even indicating they didn't want to use the Saturn because it was old hardware. But I bet that's just nonesense to right? The 700000 is Aug in 95, which is when the 3DO started boosting since late 94 with increases constantly and constant price cuts. The Saturn on the other hand: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Sega+Saturn+price+drops+to+%24249+as+game+sales+surge.-a018136765 Struggle at 500000 in March of 96. and this is with price cuts and software cuts. and no real increases. Then you have this: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Costly+battle+for+share+in+video-game+arena.-a018350649 Which Mike states that after the cuts, which was in the same year as the 500000 thousand said Saturn sales tripled, but tripled is not 500000-600000, so most likely taking other regions sales, mostly japan, as an increase. This clealry shows the 3DO was selling at a faster rate and had more units, then keep in mind the Saturn did at least get past one million a bit later, it would make sense that the 3Do at least sold a few million itself. This all clearly shows that the 3DO sold over 500000 either way so you can take your youtube video and stuff it.

Your point was that it sold 500,000. you have been beaten to the ground on this soo many times it's not even funny. It also does not help that I have several more links showing Gex selling 250000 and other games selling over 100000 during your e3 video and a quote that stated :they had 10 games with over 100000 sales. Which would also just help with how messed up your figure is. but you would just deny those as well. Also how did the Sega Saturns 500,000 quickly become nearly 2 million in nearly one year? So what your saying is the price cuts and lower software sales don't matter, it's impossible for the 3DO to sell a few million? Yet the Saturn can have a random push out? While I am not entirely sure how much the 3DO got toward 5 million, i know it outsold the Saturn, which was a point I made before, and even the PSX but that was at the start though. But that will probably go past your mind to huh? Maybe medication? What's your parents phone number? I need to talk to them about how much you humiliate yourself and raised improperly. Such as making fun of grammar and spelling it "grammer' and a bunch of other things you were proven wrong about but you omit every post because you are a sad person pretending to have 3DO experience. Dude go outside, get a life and such. Stop being a worthless nobody. Stop ignoring proof, go see a psychologist, something.

lol, you are really quite the troll.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#56 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

StatusShuffle, is that you?

Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lordofinternet
Why do you guys get so personal over a game discussion? Dudersaper
When you have factual evidence showing something is false and a person with bad grammar makes fun of your grammar and insults you by calling names like "child" and "fanboy" prove him wrong, then said person omits all mistakes as if it never happaned and just calls you a troll, well at that point its personally because that's just freaking annoying. Darkman has failed, time for him to move on. But he's going to continue to pretend nothing that was posted exists to protect himself from humiliation, which is what he is doing anyway.
Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lordofinternet
Why do you guys get so personal over a game discussion? Dudersaper
When you have factual evidence showing something is false and a person with bad grammar makes fun of your grammar and insults you by calling names like "child" and "fanboy" prove him wrong, then said person omits all mistakes as if it never happaned and just calls you a troll, well at that point its personally because that's just freaking annoying. Darkman has failed, time for him to move on. But he's going to continue to pretend nothing that was posted exists to protect himself from humiliation, which is what he is doing anyway.
Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lordofinternet
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] youre still ranting about this? though as a side question how did 700K become 5 million? the figure you initially stated its pretty clear that this piece of news is from August 95, several months after that E3 conference with the 500K figure, so quite honestly, youre helping my argument seriously , either stop trolling, or get help , and I mean this in a nice way.

So you are saying the links I posted don't exist?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] Your point was that it sold 500,000. you have been beaten to the ground on this soo many times it's not even funny. It also does not help that I have several more links showing Gex selling 250000 and other games selling over 100000 during your e3 video and a quote that stated :they had 10 games with over 100000 sales. Which would also just help with how messed up your figure is. but you would just deny those as well. Also how did the Sega Saturns 500,000 quickly become nearly 2 million in nearly one year? So what your saying is the price cuts and lower software sales don't matter, it's impossible for the 3DO to sell a few million? Yet the Saturn can have a random push out? While I am not entirely sure how much the 3DO got toward 5 million, i know it outsold the Saturn, which was a point I made before, and even the PSX but that was at the start though. But that will probably go past your mind to huh? Maybe medication? What's your parents phone number? I need to talk to them about how much you humiliate yourself and raised improperly. Such as making fun of grammar and spelling it "grammer' and a bunch of other things you were proven wrong about but you omit every post because you are a sad person pretending to have 3DO experience. Dude go outside, get a life and such. Stop being a worthless nobody. Stop ignoring proof, go see a psychologist, something.

no Im saying youre a troll, simple as that.
Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lordofinternet
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] lol, you are really quite the troll.

So i prove that it sold more than 500000 in many places with links and prove that Trip had no idea what he is talking about as are you. But I am a troll? So what you are saying is that the links I posted don't exist? Pretty sure I showed it sold more. Now why would you do something like that?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] So you are saying the links I posted don't exist?

So i prove that it sold more than 500000 in many places with links and prove that Trip had no idea what he is talking about as are you. But I am a troll? So what you are saying is that the links I posted don't exist? Pretty sure I showed it sold more. Now why would you do something like that?

ok then , you keep thinking you know more than the guy who sold the product. now seriously, stop trolling
Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lordofinternet
Let's try a reality check one more time. in nearly two years, as one of the links above, the Saturn sold only 500,000-600,000 million in the NA region alone. and it jumps to near 2 million in less than 7 months: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Sega+tops+holiday%2c+yearly+sales+projections%3b+Sega+Saturn+installed...-a019014339 Which of course the 3DO oddly enough, had a bigger presence at the time than Sega, and the Sega being old tech, and not being able to handle PSX games and other rumors were already bashing the system down. the 3DO has price cut and Price cuts with hardware and software constantly and consistently was increasing sales, it pretty much broke a million end of 95, not including holiday sales. The 3DO was not discontinued until near 97 when 3DO sold hardware division to Samsung. So, what you are telling me, is that not only did I prove you wrong that it probably may not have sold around the number trip said or only a tad more,: but you are telling me that it's possible for the Saturn, which had low software sales, just had a significant price cut, and was being bashed by gamers and the media, and barely any advertising, can somehow get from 500,000-600,000 to nearly 2 million in less than a year. but the 3Do with many price cuts, being sold everywhere(quantity excluded), better advertisements, more games, constantly increasing sales, and was already multiplating at this time, with 2-3 versions being sold, and it was just recently released in japan and EU not long ago, and all the above is about to be applied to those regions 2 by the holdays and it isn't even 2006, could not jump to around 4-5 million? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I am being serious, you are literally telling me no man joe can jump from 5k to near 2 million in half a frame, but big moe who has had study income can't get a jump like that in a Whole Year and 1 month? (including 95 holiday sales?)? What logic are you using? That's like saying it would be impossible for the PSX to have a 3-4 million console jump in the whole of 97 but it would be possible for the N64 to have a 4 million jump in only 6 months in 97. Lol what is this. Darkman you have lost it.
Lordofinternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lordofinternet
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Lordofinternet"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] no Im saying youre a troll, simple as that.

ok then , you keep thinking you know more than the guy who sold the product. now seriously, stop trolling

All the links are from the 3DO company, which handles the 3Do, because they are the 3DO company. So you are saying the primary handlers of the console are lying. You are the one that is trolling. I already PROVED TO YOU WITH FACTUAL EVIDENCE it sold more than 500,000. Lol you can't be more desperate when you claim the person who sold the product is right when the actual people who sold the product have different numbers.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
I'm disappointed. People, the moment you start suspecting Another48hours/StatusShuffle or whatever his name is now to be back, please let us know before threads like this happen yet again. Just because he doesn't have a life doesn't mean you need to let him ruin yours. :?
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]It could have dominated the 5th gen if basically everything about the system was different, from the poor polygon processing power compared to the PS1 and N64, the ludicrous price, and the extremely lackluster game library... which is to say that it could not have dominated that generation at all unless it was a radically different system than what it was.Lordofinternet

Very well said.

Any console could dominate any gen, but there are reasons some are successful where others aren't.

the price was the only issue and no informed person would say the library was lack luster.

Lol, ok. Name the games that make it a shocker that the system couldn't compete compared against titles like Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 7, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Nights, Starfox 64, Metal Gear Solid, Majora's Mask, Gran Turismo... 3DO sucked. It was crazy expensive and had a game library that was mostly hot garbage ESPECIALLY when compared against its competitors.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Lordofinternet"] Saturn and 3do had competitive 3d for most games.Lordofinternet

uh no. clearly tou never even played a saturn. my god I hope as hell you are just a troll.

Name 15 games on the Saturn in 1995 and another 15 in 1996 that had NOTICABLE leaped graphics from the 3DO.

why 15? just one is enough to prove how much more powerful the saturn was :rolleyes: also no 15 games were released in 1995 for saturn yet. or at least not much more.

here we go. released in early 1995: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170eyPKa9aE

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bultje112

StatusShuffle, is that you?

GreySeal9

he or some of the other schizophrenics that flood gaming forums in recent times.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bultje112

I'm disappointed. People, the moment you start suspecting Another48hours/StatusShuffle or whatever his name is now to be back, please let us know before threads like this happen yet again. Just because he doesn't have a life doesn't mean you need to let him ruin yours. :?MAILER_DAEMON

they should jst ip bann guys here and allow only to log in on a fixed ip. then it's farewell to those idiots

GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GaussRiemann
Member since 2012 • 249 Posts

If you do not consider a console which sold 5 million units a failure, then why is the Saturn regarded as a failure, though it sold 9.5 million units?

Many system could have done better if the people responsible had decided differently. However, as it turned out, the 3DO was far too pricey (the price even exceeded the Saturn's initial price, and the latter one is often considered one of the reasons the system failed to get a larger share of the market), and it had just too few games and among these two few good ones. Additionally, quite many of the better games where only slighly better ports of 16 bit games.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 bultje112

and even then, 3do sold nowhere near 5 million.