HOLD-IT!!! Capcom announces Ace Attorney 4 for US early 2008!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

This news made my day, made my week, heck I'm happy for the rest of the year! Even though it doesn't star Phoenix Wright, I love Capcom's Ace Attorney series, so I'm excited. What's really worth noting is the DS's capabilities in this game, like the last and final case in the first Phoenix Wright game, which was also my favorite case.

Looking forward to this one!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164286

Capcom has been playing it coy with Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. The creative successor to the Phoenix Wright series, the company has often hinted that it will have to estimate the series' viability based on sales numbers for the GBA ports. Of course, this could just be a ploy to sell more copies of Phoenix Wright games, but nevertheless, Apollo Justice hasn't been a sure thing.

That is until today, when Capcom (finally) officially announced that Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney will be coming to our shores in early 2008. This is the first game of the series to be developed specifically for the Nintendo DS, so it's likely that it will have more in common with the special fifth case from the first Phoenix Wright game, which was added for the DS port. This game won't star the fan favorite spikey-haired lawyer, instead (as the title implies) introducing a new character with an even more ridiculous name.

rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rockon1215
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts
awesome. Nice avatar btw
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Woo! More Ace Attorney. But not the same Ace Attorney we all love.
Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Capcom is the definition of Win...Now Get onto Dino Crisis 3 The Real One!!!
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Man, i need to get into this series.
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
Awesome. I have all the Phoenix Wright games and I love them. Having one made specifically for the DS will be really cool.
Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts
Glad to hear it. I'm a big fan of the series, and I'm really looking forward to it.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Maybe I should start buying them as I haven't played any :oops:

It hasn't been a top priority for me despite multiple recommendations.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
This is sweet but did anyone actually play PW3 other than me? No one is talking about it at all.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

This is sweet but did anyone actually play PW3 other than me? No one is talking about it at all. gaminggeek

I thought the third PW was great! They did a good job in ending the series well, especially the last case. It made me sad to see the cast go, but for what I played, it was definitely worth giving Phoenix Wright a try when it first came out.

Best experience I had in gaming, and I played em all!

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
This is sweet but did anyone actually play PW3 other than me? No one is talking about it at all. gaminggeek
Yes. People are talking about it...you have to know where to look. ;)
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gaminggeek

Good to hear. I beat it on import a couple of months back, made a blog post about it.

Phoenix Wright 3 + Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

electricmime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 electricmime
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts

I preordered mine from Capcom to get that stupid little plush doll and they keep saying it is backordered (and haven't given me a date yet).

So no, I haven't played it yet :(

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts
I played through PW3 and I really enjoyed it. I'm also glad to see they're localizing the next Ace Attorney game, though I'm not too surprised after I saw the trailer and heard Apollo's "Objection!"
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#16 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
The Phoenix Wright games are awesome, and it's great to hear that thier going relese the next game in the series.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I just bought it today GG (along with Zack and Wiki and like 10 other new games!!!) but I havent had a chance to play it yet.
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
Didn't Trials & Tribulations just come out in the U.S.? Talk about a sequel pump.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Too busy dealing with Zack and Wiki.

Anyways, I played through and beat PW3, and Aaron's review was pretty much on point in most all regards about the game, so I really don't have too much to say about it. :)

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gaminggeek
I don't think anyone is busy with zack and wiki. Unless the like 3 people posting impressions in the official thread count. :( On that note, who is playing endless ocean but me and cavilga? :?
Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

Well looking at VGCharts it didn't even make it into the list it's premier week. But again it IS VGCharts and we all know how unreliable they can be.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Didn't Trials & Tribulations just come out in the U.S.? Talk about a sequel pump.VMan
Ace Attorney 4 already came out in Japan earlier this year. Remember that the games in the Gyakuten Saiban series originally came out in 2001, 2002, and 2004. The original game was remade for the DS in 2005 with a new case, then GS4 finally came this year. It only seems like Capcom's pumping out sequels if you live outside of Japan, since Ace Attorney 2 and 3 were simple DS ports with no extra content. Things will slow down after this... no "three Ace Attorney games in 2 years." :(
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Am I the only one who sees Phoenix Wright becoming a modern Mega Man? This is the fourth sequel in 3 years.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Skylock00
Am I the only one who sees Phoenix Wright becoming a modern Mega Man? This is the fourth sequel in 3 years.Video_Game_King
Actually, as Mailer noted, this is his 4th installment in a total of 6 years (given the series begins back in 2001, and the latest iteration came out in 2007 in Japan.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Video_Game_King

[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]Am I the only one who sees Phoenix Wright becoming a modern Mega Man? This is the fourth sequel in 3 years.Skylock00
Actually, as Mailer noted, this is his 4th installment in a total of 6 years (given the series begins back in 2001, and the latest iteration came out in 2007 in Japan.

Good point. But still, the rate at which these sequels are coming out could mean we'll be seeing Super Phoenix Wright IV: The 3rd Strike of the Hyper Ace Attorney. I know, long name, but I think we all get the point.

reactionsok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 reactionsok
Member since 2007 • 482 Posts

good news!

To the OP - I AM THE ORIGINAL PHEONIX WRIGHT!

i have the plush doll too - :luv:

thing is 3 inches - :(

they sell on ebay for $20 though - if u guys didn't pre-order your trials and tribs

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Skylock00

Good point. But still, the rate at which these sequels are coming out could mean we'll be seeing Super Phoenix Wright IV: The 3rd Strike of the Hyper Ace Attorney. I know, long name, but I think we all get the point.

Video_Game_King

I doubt that, highly.

The only place where the series is getting an extremely high rate of actual sequel releases is the US. All that has been in Japan were GBA releases, then DS ports of those releases. We probably will see at least two more games in the series, but nothing to the extreme of either Mega Man or Street Fighter.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]

Skylock00

I doubt that, highly.

The only place where the series is getting an extremely high rate of actual sequel releases is the US. All that has been in Japan were GBA releases, then DS ports of those releases. We probably will see at least two more games in the series, but nothing to the extreme of either Mega Man or Street Fighter.

....I'll still remain wary on the subject.

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

[QUOTE="VMan"]Didn't Trials & Tribulations just come out in the U.S.? Talk about a sequel pump.MAILER_DAEMON
Ace Attorney 4 already came out in Japan earlier this year. Remember that the games in the Gyakuten Saiban series originally came out in 2001, 2002, and 2004. The original game was remade for the DS in 2005 with a new case, then GS4 finally came this year. It only seems like Capcom's pumping out sequels if you live outside of Japan, since Ace Attorney 2 and 3 were simple DS ports with no extra content. Things will slow down after this... no "three Ace Attorney games in 2 years." :(

I see. I'm assuming that new case you're referring to with the original is the one that is unlocked after the end credits. I guess that explains that added touchpad functionality with the dusting and the cool interactive camera feed video.