Here's another reason that shows why Microsoft's marketing in Japan is horrible!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

http://kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/japan-gets-two-price-cuts-new-value-bundle-313349.php

newvaluepackjapan.jpg

Well, basically it's a price drop for the 20 gig 360 for Japan just in time for Nov. 1, which is good. But it's the limited edition pack that I'm pointing out. It comes with Forza 2 and Viva Pinata. Now, don't get me wrong, these are great games but this is Japan! Why not bundle Blue Dragon with the package or maybe have a Lost Odyssey special edition going? I mean, Microsoft owns Mistwalker's BD & LO, right?

Sakaguchi's main pet peeve against Microsoft's endeavor in Japan is the marketing. Their slogan is "Go! Go! Go!" which he replied, "It sucks. It's no good."He also claimed that Gears of War could've sold better IF Microsoft's marketing was better. So many missed opportunities.

I agree with the Guch.

Forza 2 and Viva Pinata are not good choices to bundle for a Japanese market. With all that corporate money Microsoft has, who are the marketing team they're hiring? I mean, it doesn't take a graduate from the bestmarketing university to realize that Forza 2 and Viva Pinata are not good for the Japanese market. All they have to do is see the sales charts or read up what's hot in the magazines!

Anyway, Microsoft blundered another opportunity here, and a holiday one too.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
I dunno. I don't see the problem with throwing Forza 2 out there in a market that loves its Gran Turismo. As for Viva Pinata, Japan hasn't been entirely adverse to Rare's work in the past, so it was a logical move. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are guaranteed sales, so no point in cutting into the profits by selling them cheaper in a system bundle (well, it may have been long enough now for Blue Dragon).
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
I don't think MS has done anyhting horrible regarding marketing plans. Japanese consumers are already suffiecient with two consoles occupying their time*DS and wii* Both are cheap, have great games and have great future of line-ups and they don't seethe need in owning another console.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are guaranteed salesDarkCatalyst

Are they? No one will buy them if no one has the console. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are great for getting the console sold.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"] Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are guaranteed salesRK-Mara

Are they? No one will buy them if no one has the console. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are great for getting the console sold.

And that leaves what on the shelves for people to buy at full price?