Have you ever bought a game due to a good demo?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AntoineCoyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AntoineCoyote
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

I bought Devil May Cry because of the demo that came in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Breakestra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Breakestra
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
Well, I played the Devil May Cry 4 demo on the PS3 and I thought it was pretty fun so I downloaded it for PC (lol). Got bored of it by chapter 3.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Like 2 or 3, but I can say I skipped tons of games based solely off the demo, which despite people saying don't do full releases much justice. Oh wells..
dkidfrmdbx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 dkidfrmdbx
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

happened to me with playing bioshock. I mean i had no clue what bioshock was and i rmeber gamespot mentioning it, but had no clue with the hype surrounding it. I played the demo and somehow came up wit 65 dollars. It was awesome lol

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

Final Fantasy XII, Patapon, Uncharted, Resident Evil 5, DMC4

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

Oh, just thought of another one - A Vampyre Story.

I was very reluctant to buy it after hearing some of the voice acting in the game, but playing through the demo convinced me that it wasn't as aggressively painful as I had originally thought, and actually suits the character rather well.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
The only game I have to say that I did buy after playing the demo was Majesty.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
A few, the most notable being Valkyria Chronicles. It was a game I had never even heard of it really, but I saw someone mention that the Euro store had the demo (and the US PSN update had nothing), so I just figured what the heck. Wow, one of my favorite games ever. Others include: Stranglehold GRAW2 Crysis Games that I want to buy (but haven't) from the demo: MGS4 Mirror's Edge (tomorrow!!) Pixeljunk Eden Lair (this game should've had a demo at release...the controls work fine) Uncharted Games that I didn't buy because of the demo: Bioshock (ok, eventually bought it at $10...still ripped off) Star Wars: TFU Uncharted Yeah, that's right- Uncharted makes both lists. When I first played it in 2007, I didn't like it very much at all. But I never deleted it for some reason. I played it again recently and now I really, really want it. Go figure.
jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
No, because i have no money
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]Did you enjoy Army of Two?

I loved it as a co-op experience and can't underatand all the hate aimed at it.UpInFlames

I only got it last week and haven't played it yet. Unless it's vastly different than the lenghty demo (which, unless I'm mistaken, is comprised of the tutorial and a mission straight from the game), I don't see why I wouldn't enjoy it. I love co-op - especially games built around co-op like Left 4 Dead. Army of Two has great controls, great team mechanics, weapons feel satisfying and you can smack your buddy upside the head. What's not to like?

Go read that idiotic GS review from last year. The whole thing centered on the fact that the storyline didn't take the issue of a privatized military seriously.

Seriously, it may be the worst example of a professional game review I've ever come across.

Patate-au-four

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Patate-au-four
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Back in the days when I wasn't into fps at all, I played the demo of Deus Ex for the heck of it and thought it was so awesome that I went and bought it. I also bought Swat 3 after playing its demo.

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
BF:BC. Fun MP convinced me.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts
The demo for Clive Barker's Jericho was a major reason I bought it. Good thing that the game turned out to be a lot of fun too.
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#64 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

I can't think of a better representative of gameplay before buying than a demo. Of course people have bought games due to a good demo. While it's not perfect, I still use this as the number one method of determining which games I'll buy.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
The demo for Clive Barker's Jericho was a major reason I bought it. Good thing that the game turned out to be a lot of fun too.Business_Fun
Really? I was...less than impressed, partly because you could switch between characters (which made me never get attached to playing as any one). Is the game actually good?
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts
[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]The demo for Clive Barker's Jericho was a major reason I bought it. Good thing that the game turned out to be a lot of fun too.LongZhiZi
Really? I was...less than impressed, partly because you could switch between characters (which made me never get attached to playing as any one). Is the game actually good?

I thought it was a good game. All the characters had well-defined powers (some more useful than others!) which made for some varied and hectic firefights, and they had lots of personality too.
Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

Yep, Dark Sector, I was going to pass on the game, but I played the demo and found it new for $10. I'm glad I bought it.

dadou_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dadou_gamer
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts

The first time I tried GOW, I was so impress about this game that I decided to buy it right now!!! :D It's a fantastic game!!!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Only one I can remember is DMC4 (was already gonna buy it but the demo made me want the game even more) and Bioshock.

Avatar image for JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#70 JonnyEarthquake
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Mirror`s Edge, Alone in the Dark and Soulcalibur 4.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i was convinced to pay off and reserve a copy of sw:tfu based on my fun experience for the demo....man was i wrong

edit: forgot gow1. i heard about the buzz but when i played the demo, i totally bought it

katieskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 katieskye
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts
I remember when I was younger I played Snood in class and ended up buying it lol. Also Zatikon, but now the full version is free. I also had a 10 day trial version of World of Warcraft that got me hooked.