Halo 4 is coming out. You buyin it?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheJgMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheJgMan
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Why or why not. It sounds like it might be OK so i'm getting it.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Nah. It's not Bungie.

HadronVulture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HadronVulture
Member since 2012 • 198 Posts
I will wait and see how the trailers, previews, and the review of Halo 4 is before I decide to buy it since it's not made by Bungie.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

No... It's nothing personal, I just don't like the genre and if it's anything like Call of Duty, I will never be able to actually play the game because it doesn't let me invert BOTH axis

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Noooo.

Ernesto_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ernesto_basic
Member since 2002 • 2123 Posts

As a fan of the series, I can't imagine not giving this one a fair shot. True, Bungie isn't at the helm on this project, but if it's a hit, it wouldn't be the first time an IP as big as this does well with a new directing (e.g., James Cameron's Aliens) force behind it. I'm excited to see what 343 does with their purported character development in both the Chief and Cortana; perhaps the narrative will provide long-time fans and newcomers alike something to appreciate or relate to with regard to these characters.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44322 Posts
Yeah I'll buy it. I have faith that it'll turn out great since their are some people who came over from Bungie to 343 plus this is Microsoft's flagship franchise so I'm sure they'll contribute whatever resources necessary to ensure an excellent game.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts
Yeah I'll buy it. I have faith that it'll turn out great since their are some people who came over from Bungie to 343 plus this is Microsoft's flagship franchise so I'm sure they'll contribute whatever resources necessary to ensure an excellent game.Archangel3371
To add to that, I think it's safe to assume that the core framework of the game is going to come from Halo 3 and that the pedigree of the game will still hold up since 343 has that to work off of. I've never been a big Halo fan but I definitely recognize the quality of the games and I expect the level of polish for Halo 4 will be up to par with previous installments.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Yeah I'll buy it. I have faith that it'll turn out great since their are some people who came over from Bungie to 343 plus this is Microsoft's flagship franchise so I'm sure they'll contribute whatever resources necessary to ensure an excellent game.juradai
To add to that, I think it's safe to assume that the core framework of the game is going to come from Halo 3 and that the pedigree of the game will still hold up since 343 has that to work off of. I've never been a big Halo fan but I definitely recognize the quality of the games and I expect the level of polish for Halo 4 will be up to par with previous installments.

Yeah that's true but I'm thinking the core framework will actually come from Halo: Reach instead.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#10 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
[QUOTE="juradai"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Yeah I'll buy it. I have faith that it'll turn out great since their are some people who came over from Bungie to 343 plus this is Microsoft's flagship franchise so I'm sure they'll contribute whatever resources necessary to ensure an excellent game.Archangel3371

Yeah that's true but I'm thinking the core framework will actually come from Halo: Reach instead.

They already confirmed they're using a modified Reach engine. I'm betting it'll play more like Halo 3 because of fan feedback though. That, or more like CoD.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I'll give it a chance since it's Halo.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="juradai"] To add to that, I think it's safe to assume that the core framework of the game is going to come from Halo 3 and that the pedigree of the game will still hold up since 343 has that to work off of. I've never been a big Halo fan but I definitely recognize the quality of the games and I expect the level of polish for Halo 4 will be up to par with previous installments.

They already confirmed they're using a modified Reach engine. I'm betting it'll play more like Halo 3 because of fan feedback though. That, or more like CoD.

Ah ok then.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing what 343 studios can do with the Halo franchise, plus Frank O' Connor is at the helm, and he's been around since Halo 2's development, I believe. I think they know what they need to get the core mechanics down, it's just seeing what new things they'll bring to the table.

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at how little info we've had up to this point, considering the game's coming out later this year, unless that's simply a place holder.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Nah I'l pass.
TheJgMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheJgMan
I'm tired of the Call of Duty games! I think this Halo 4 might be good if there is no health packs, relatively similar to Halo 3, and not much like Reach. And last but not least nothing like call of duty.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#16 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

No but that's because I have a PS3. My friend will get it though but he doesn't seem all that excited about it. He's more interested in Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil, he told me that he's gotten kind of tired of Halo.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Yeah, I'll be buying it because I have every Halo game ever released and I will need Halo 4 to complete the collection.

The fact that the game is being developed by 343 Industries instead of Bungie has me skeptical, and I will be waiting on reviews for the game to help me decide whether I will be buying the game at full price around release date, or waiting for the game to get cut in price before I buy it.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

No, I'm sorry. HELL NAW!!

I'll stick with Reach

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I don't have a 360 unfortunately. If that changes, then yeah I'll probably get it (along with some of the other Halo games).

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

not a preoder for me

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#22 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I will buy it but not for me though. :D

I am planning a gift.

El3ctrosisV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 El3ctrosisV2
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts
No. Not a fan of the Halo series in the slightest. Was kind of hoping 3 would be the last one, no such luck.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

no cause it's not made by bungie

that being said every co-op thing that i do,i dont want it to say BRO*insert random event here*

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chilly-chill
That's like buying an Elder Scrolls game made by Square Enix. Why would I want a Halo game that isn't made by Bungie????
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 arkephonic

I gotta say, it makes me glad that so many people are aware that this game isn't being made by Bungie.

I think it is kinda underhanded of this company to be profiting off of Bungie's life work. They already cashed in on Combat Evolved, and now they're going to make millions off of a video game name made famous by Bungie that they literally had nothing to do with.

Talk about a bunch of free loaders.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ilovegames1992

I gotta say, it makes me glad that so many people are aware that this game isn't being made by Bungie.

I think it is kinda underhanded of this company to be profiting off of Bungie's life work. They already cashed in on Combat Evolved, and now they're going to make millions off of a video game name made famous by Bungie that they literally had nothing to do with.

arkephonic

Well that kind of happens all the time technically.

SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

Hells yeah! I've become more of a Halo fan in recent years so I'm interested to see what 343 can do with the Halo universe. I'm hopeful that they can mix it up while keeping the game fun to play.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

If its anything like Halo 3 i wont touch it, i want more ODST or Halo Reach gameplay.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

No

If i want great Sci Fi universe & action i have Mass Effect for that.

I bought 5 Halo games & had enough at Reach. The game is dated. Mass Effect makes Halo obsolete.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brucecambell

arkephonic

They're not trying to cash in on Bungie. Dont put this on them. Im sure they're are very hard working, passionate people. They are owned by Microsoft. Microsoft put this on them, & MS are the ones trying to cash in on Bungies work.

Blame Microsoft, dont blame the developer that is being forced to make Halo games. Its very ignorant to call them freeloaders.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 arkephonic

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

brucecambell

They're not trying to cash in on Bungie. Dont put this on them. Im sure they're are very hard working, passionate people. They are owned by Microsoft. Microsoft put this on them, & MS are the ones trying to cash in on Bungies work.

Blame Microsoft, dont blame the developer that is being forced to make Halo games. Its very ignorant to call them freeloaders.

Okay, can I blame Microsoft instead?

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brucecambell

Okay, can I blame Microsoft instead?

arkephonic

Yes. I wll join your rant as well.

Screw Microsoft, they're abunch of freeloaders trying to cash in on the Halo name & Bungies work!!!

Anybody else want to join our Microsoft hate club?

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Once again, I will buy ANOTHER xbox 360 for one xbox 360 exclusive.. Yes, I will buy it. I'm a sucker for the HALO series. I still have all the halo games even the original Xbox Halo 1 and 2 in my collection. I have purchased 4 different Xbox 360's, not because of RROD, but because they lack exclusives.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts
nah. after halo 3 im done. if im in the mood to play halo ill just go back to the first one (which remains great). 2 was meh (except for the start...it started very well), 3 was very meh and ODST was just flat out bad imho. so im done with the series.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#36 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I'm interested in it. Can't say I'll be buying it since I don't own a 360 but if it's like every Halo game before it I'll be playing the hell out of it co-op.

Personally though, as much as I enjoy the Halo universe I'm irritated they're bringing Chief back to fight something new. It's not that it can't work or evolve Chief's legacy, it's that it feels unimaginative to me. His arc is done, he had a perfect ending in Halo 3. There was no reason to continue and right now it just feels lazy.

El3ctrosisV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 El3ctrosisV2
[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

Calm down. You make it sound like Bungie are only people who can make FPS's. People need to stop worshipping them so much.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

If it comes to the PC eventually, sure.

TheJgMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheJgMan
I think the worst halo was probably ODST. It was like a completely differen't game! It was horrible.
CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

most likely, i definitely want to see a trailer first

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chilly-chill
I think the worst halo was probably ODST. It was like a completely differen't game! It was horrible.TheJgMan
It wasn't terrible, it was just really short.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts
I'm tired of the Call of Duty games! I think this Halo 4 might be good if there is no health packs, relatively similar to Halo 3, and not much like Reach. And last but not least nothing like call of duty.TheJgMan
CoD and Halo invented FPS..
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="TheJgMan"]I'm tired of the Call of Duty games! I think this Halo 4 might be good if there is no health packs, relatively similar to Halo 3, and not much like Reach. And last but not least nothing like call of duty.Am_Confucius

They definitely innovated it.

El3ctrosisV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 El3ctrosisV2

[QUOTE="Am_Confucius"][QUOTE="TheJgMan"]I'm tired of the Call of Duty games! I think this Halo 4 might be good if there is no health packs, relatively similar to Halo 3, and not much like Reach. And last but not least nothing like call of duty.Ilovegames1992

How exactly? I want someone to explain why Halo is so revolutionary.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Am_Confucius"] CoD and Halo invented FPS..El3ctrosisV2

How exactly? I want someone to explain why Halo is so revolutionary.

Well i was talking more about Call of Duty really.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
Buy ? Even if someone gave it to me, I wouldn't get it. I tried Halo 1, 2 and 3 but didn't see the appeal. I'm not a fan of COD but at least I finished COD4 ad WAW but I couldn't finish any of Halo games played.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i'm more interested in Far Cry 3.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chilly-chill

No i'm more interested in Far Cry 3.

sukraj
I was never a fan of Far Cry, but that trailer was bad ass.... the insanity one
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts
[QUOTE="El3ctrosisV2"] How exactly? I want someone to explain why Halo is so revolutionary.

Well, I was being sarcastic >:[
TheManofTin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#50 TheManofTin
Member since 2011 • 395 Posts

Reach was the high point. I like Halo, but they need to end the series. 3 more games!? On top of the 7 we already have? What bothers me is they are even talking about Halo 5 and 6 right now. It's just being milked. However, if they can prove that we really do need 3 more games in the series and if this new trilogy consists of great games, I will stop complaining. Since I am a pretty big Halo fan, I think I owe to myself to play it. Also, the game doesn't come out for another 9 months and it really is off my radar right now.