Goriest Video Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by goryvideogames (19 posts) -

I admit Manhunt is a guilty pleasure, so much gore! I want to discover more gruesome games, what are some of the most violent games you've ever played?

#2 Posted by dethtrain (421 posts) -

Hah, I immediately thought of manhunt when I saw the topic. I have Mad World for the wii (still didn't play it lol) but it looks pretty nasty. I think the latest Mortal Kombat is probably the bloodiest game I've played in recent memory. God Of War too but the violence is mostly against mythical creatures. I think one of the Punisher games was supposed to be gruesome with elements of torture in it.

#3 Edited by DeViLzzz2014 (13 posts) -

@dethtrain said:

Hah, I immediately thought of manhunt when I saw the topic. I have Mad World for the wii (still didn't play it lol) but it looks pretty nasty. I think the latest Mortal Kombat is probably the bloodiest game I've played in recent memory. God Of War too but the violence is mostly against mythical creatures. I think one of the Punisher games was supposed to be gruesome with elements of torture in it.

I thought of the Manhunt games too right away.

#4 Edited by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -

@dethtrain: Not "torture," "interrogation." And if you killed them before or after they sang like a canary, you lose points(not that that ever really stopped us from checking out the results of shoving a dude into a woodchipper or an industrial ceiling fan...).

#5 Posted by creepychainsaw (18 posts) -

State of Emergency was pretty gruesome. I think your only objective was to go around and kill everyone and like masses of people were just running around aimlessly. Also Splatterhouse is such a gore fest.

#6 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16793 posts) -

Some of the goriest games I can think of are the Dead Space games, The Darkness II (ramps the bloodshed up from the first by a factor of ten), Madworld (although it's set in a humorous context) and the two No More Heroes games (although they're heavily, heavily stylized).

#7 Posted by ShangTsung7 (247 posts) -

Time Killers.

highly underrated old classic, only fighting game ever made where you can literally lose your limbs and continue hobbling around fighting, still amazed that brutally sick game never got popular..