GGD Lounge 5 - The Real Drinking Simulator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1051 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm going to fight my brother today. This is not a good day at the shop.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1052 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

What do you again SWJ? Something with computers isn't it?

Oh and Rag, godspeed.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1053 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm going to fight my brother today. This is not a good day at the shop.rragnaar
Everyone needs a good ass kickin every now and then...do it.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1054 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I'm pretty sure I'm going to fight my brother today. This is not a good day at the shop.F1Lengend

I've calmed down. My job is to handle the graphic design end of what we do, and he has a habit of trying to undermine me by making his own stuff for his customers, but he always does a bad job of it and then I have to fix it. It wastes time and it only adds tension to this place.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#1055 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="F1Lengend"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]I'm pretty sure I'm going to fight my brother today. This is not a good day at the shop.rragnaar

I've calmed down. My job is to handle the graphic design end of what we do, and he has a habit of trying to undermine me by making his own stuff for his customers, but he always does a bad job of it and then I have to fix it. It wastes time and it only adds tension to this place.

damn, that sounds like a pain in the butt.
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1056 F1Lengend
I went to grab a new game at BB and I just sat there staring at the game shelf.....absolutely nothing was appealing (besides the stuff I've already played). I was there for 10 minutes before I finally grabbed Liberty city stories. Balls. Hot Pursuit was the only thing left but its all out.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#1057 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I went to grab a new game at BB and I just sat there staring at the game shelf.....absolutely nothing was appealing (besides the stuff I've already played). I was there for 10 minutes before I finally grabbed Liberty city stories. Balls. Hot Pursuit was the only thing left but its all out.F1Lengend
Buying games just to buy games; then you know you have a problem.
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1058 F1Lengend

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I went to grab a new game at BB and I just sat there staring at the game shelf.....absolutely nothing was appealing (besides the stuff I've already played). I was there for 10 minutes before I finally grabbed Liberty city stories. Balls. Hot Pursuit was the only thing left but its all out.Daavpuke

Gamerpass.

Lost of the Damned is downright unplayable but Gay Tony is pretty enjoyable so far. It looks like a completely different engine, clean and pretty.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#1059 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Buying games just to buy games; then you know you have a problem.Daavpuke

I'd say it's more indicative of having a lot of disposable income than a problem. Impulse buys become a more common occurrence when in possession of such income, I find.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1060 commonfate

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"][QUOTE="F1Lengend"]I went to grab a new game at BB and I just sat there staring at the game shelf.....absolutely nothing was appealing (besides the stuff I've already played). I was there for 10 minutes before I finally grabbed Liberty city stories. Balls. Hot Pursuit was the only thing left but its all out.F1Lengend

Gamerpass.

Lost of the Damned is downright unplayable but Gay Tony is pretty enjoyable so far. It looks like a completely different engine, clean and pretty.

I just started the dlc for GTAIV myself and I will say the Lost and Damned is meh but the Balllad of Gay Tony is awesome. The beginning is so freaking cool too and the story is really good. I'm really liking Ballad so far.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1061 commonfate

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]Buying games just to buy games; then you know you have a problem.c_rake

I'd say it's more indicative of having a lot of disposable income than a problem. Impulse buys become a more common occurrence when in possession of such income, I find.

I just got my PS3 this year and I've bought over 30 games for it :(

Most of them I've barely played or still have the plastic wrap on them and now they have dropped dramatically in price... :cry:

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1062 Daavpuke
I actually own 3 games with cellophane still wrapped around them :'). At least it keeps them fresh!
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1063 rragnaar

From a story standpoint, I think The Lost & The Damned is way better than GTA4 or The Ballad of Gay Tony. I think the combat is better in a lot of missions too. Gay Tony has a lot of fun missions, I just think that TLAD is better over all. Johnny Klebitz is different than Rockstar's other protagonists, and he exists in a world where he has support from his fellow gang members. All other recent Rockstar protagonists are seemingly likeable guys forced to work for dirtbags because those dirtbags have something that the protagonist needs, and you just work your way through a mundane story doing the same things over and over. I liked that Johnny was more of his own man.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1064 Allicrombie

From a story standpoint, I think The Lost & The Damned is way better than GTA4 or The Ballad of Gay Tony. I think the combat is better in a lot of missions too. Gay Tony has a lot of fun missions, I just think that TLAD is better over all. Johnny Klebitz is different than Rockstar's other protagonists, and he exists in a world where he has support from his fellow gang members. All other recent Rockstar protagonists are seemingly likeable guys forced to work for dirtbags until those dirtbags because those dirtbags have something that the protagonist needs, and you just work your way through a mundane story doing the same things over and over. I liked that Johnny was more of his own man.

rragnaar
only rockstar game I could get more than 3 missions into was RDR and I didnt even finish that.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1065 Daavpuke
Merry Christmas Everyone!! This did wonders for my holiday cheer.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1066 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Santa singing the Christmas Blues... Merry Christmas GGD Lounge! :)
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1067 commonfate

Merry Christmas everyone =)

And go easy on the eggnog peeps ;)

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1068 F1Lengend

[QUOTE="F1Lengend"]

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"] Buying games just to buy games; then you know you have a problem.commonfate

Gamerpass.

I just started the dlc for GTAIV myself and I will say the Lost and Damned is meh but the Balllad of Gay Tony is awesome. The beginning is so freaking cool too and the story is really good. I'm really liking Ballad so far.

Cool. I agree, Tony keeps throwing fun missions at me and I actually want to see what happens. Yusef is down right hilarious where LnD seems to be building up to something by starting slow and I don't feel like investing time into it. Also its so murky, I can barely see anything! I swear it looks like San Andreas.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1069 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Merry Christmas my brothers and sisters.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1070 Daavpuke
FAYUL :lol: wow, seriously, thumbs up.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1071 LikeHaterade

FAYUL :lol: wow, seriously, thumbs up.Daavpuke

Why did they kick you?

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1072 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]FAYUL :lol: wow, seriously, thumbs up.LikeHaterade

Why did they kick you?

I said I ridiculed 2001: Space Odyssey and they started insulting me in a very denigrating way (y). As if I'd watch a Kubrick epic, if I didn't appreciate a pondering masterpiece. Sad how people stop thinking things through to go straight for unbalanced statements. And here I thought these were the sort of ciassics that made you think, not stick up your nose and throw some crude claim.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1073 LikeHaterade

I said I ridiculed 2001: Space Odyssey and they started insulting me in a very denigrating way (y). As if I'd watch a Kubrick epic, if I didn't appreciate a pondering masterpiece. Sad how people stop thinking things through to go straight for unbalanced statements. And here I thought these were the sort of ciassics that made you think, not stick up your nose and throw some crude claim.Daavpuke

Well, your opinion is only valid if you share theirs.

EDIT: Looks like some users over there should see the rules.

When debating about whether or not a film sucks, insult the film and not the user. In other words, keep all arguing above the belt and avoid insulting taste.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1074 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I said I ridiculed 2001: Space Odyssey and they started insulting me in a very denigrating way (y). As if I'd watch a Kubrick epic, if I didn't appreciate a pondering masterpiece. Sad how people stop thinking things through to go straight for unbalanced statements. And here I thought these were the sort of ciassics that made you think, not stick up your nose and throw some crude claim.LikeHaterade

Of course it is, anything less is dirt! But there's the problem: I never said anything about the value of either the film, nor Kubrick and his works. But not fellating the mere mention of his name was good enough for them to forget to stand still for a second and perhaps ask. Instead they insulted my intelligence. And I don't know about you, but when someone attempts that with me, I make sure to give them a challenge in the field.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1075 LikeHaterade

[QUOTE="LikeHaterade"]

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I said I ridiculed 2001: Space Odyssey and they started insulting me in a very denigrating way (y). As if I'd watch a Kubrick epic, if I didn't appreciate a pondering masterpiece. Sad how people stop thinking things through to go straight for unbalanced statements. And here I thought these were the sort of ciassics that made you think, not stick up your nose and throw some crude claim.Daavpuke

Of course it is, anything less is dirt! But there's the problem: I never said anything about the value of either the film, nor Kubrick and his works. But not fellating the mere mention of his name was good enough for them to forget to stand still for a second and perhaps ask. Instead they insulted my intelligence. And I don't know about you, but when someone attempts that with me, I make sure to give them a challenge in the field.

Lets put it to the test.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1076 Daavpuke
Well, kicked now, so really can't. Doesn't matter, it made me laugh at best, so I'm not bitter to be kicked from a place where poeple would act higher than others. I rather talk to people who like people and games, since they ironically seem to dislike that as well.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1077 Allicrombie
Happy Holidays, GGD Loungers!
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1078 LikeHaterade

Happy Holidays, GGD Loungers!Allicrombie

Do you play on Garithos?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1079 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]Happy Holidays, GGD Loungers!LikeHaterade

Do you play on Garithos?

Malygos, mainly.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1080 commonfate

Chili...

I challenge you... :twisted:

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1081 ChiliDragon

Chili...

commonfate
Ummm.... *looks up from Mass Effect and martini* To what, exactly?
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1082 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

Chili...

ChiliDragon

Ummm.... *looks up from Mass Effect and martini* To what, exactly?

To a battle...

Ahem...

You see I specialize in Magikarp, every Magikarp lays a thousand eggs and then those Magikarp that hatch lay a thousand eggs each. Soon 1 becomes 1 million...

Do you really want to face a fleet of Magikarp? ;)

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1083 ChiliDragon
Do you really want to face a fleet of Magikarp? ;)commonfate
Not at all. Consider your challenge ignored. (WTF is a magikarp??? :? )
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1085 rragnaar
I have no idea what is going on in here.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1086 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]Do you really want to face a fleet of Magikarp? ;)ChiliDragon

Please tell me you're joking...

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1088 ChiliDragon
I have no idea what is going on in here.rragnaar
Me neither. :P

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="commonfate"]Do you really want to face a fleet of Magikarp? ;)commonfate

Not at all. I had never heard of them until I googled them about ten seconds ago. From the looks of things, I haven't missed much. :P
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1089 commonfate

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] Me neither. :P [QUOTE="commonfate"] Not at all. Consider your challenge ignored. (WTF is a magikarp??? :? )ChiliDragon

Not at all. I had never heard of them until I googled them about ten seconds ago. From the looks of things, I haven't missed much. :P

They are the most useless pokemon but when they evolve they are one of the most powerful. I'm always suprised at the amount of people that have never played a Pokemon game.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1090 rragnaar

I think that all that stuff was about five years after my time.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1091 ChiliDragon
I'm always suprised at the amount of people that have never played a Pokemon game.commonfate
That's because we were a lot older than 12 when the first ones came out. I didn't have an interest in them back then, and have even less of one now.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1092 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]I'm always suprised at the amount of people that have never played a Pokemon game.ChiliDragon
That's because we were a lot older than 12 when the first ones came out. I didn't have an interest in them back then, and have even less of one now.

Wait, how old are you people? I'm 18 and I thought that was close to the average age on GameSpot or so... but then again you guys aren't the average posters ;)

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1093 ChiliDragon
Wait, how old are you people? I'm 18 and I thought that was close to the average age on GameSpot or so... but then again you guys aren't the average posters ;)commonfate
You probably are closer to average. I was a few years past 18 by the time the first Pokemon games came out.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1094 LikeHaterade

[QUOTE="commonfate"]Wait, how old are you people? I'm 18 and I thought that was close to the average age on GameSpot or so... but then again you guys aren't the average posters ;)ChiliDragon
You probably are closer to average. I was a few years past 18 by the time the first Pokemon games came out.

Aww, too shy to share your actual age? :P

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1095 ChiliDragon

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="commonfate"]Wait, how old are you people? I'm 18 and I thought that was close to the average age on GameSpot or so... but then again you guys aren't the average posters ;)LikeHaterade

Aww, too shy to share your actual age? :P

Does it matter? :P
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1096 rragnaar

I'm 28. I remember Pokemon as something the younger kids were playing, but I don't remember when I first heard about it.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1097 Allicrombie

I'm 28. I remember Pokemon as something the younger kids were playing, but I don't remember when I first heard about it.

rragnaar
Gotta catch em all!
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1098 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Merry Christmas everyone! Gotta love watching A Christmas Story all very early in the morning. :P

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1099 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

rragnaar
We are the same age. Weird. *glares at you suspiciously* I played and finished the first pokemon game on GBA whatever that was ... like Pokemon red I think. I actually enjoyed it at the time but once learning that all the games are essentially the same I gave up on the series lol..... this was back in the PS1 days.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1100 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

GodModeEnabled
We are the same age. Weird. *glares at you suspiciously*

You're both kids :P Didn't we talk about everyone's age early in this Lounge thread, like on page 9 or thereabouts?