Games that kicked your ass.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Rain_of_Miami
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts
Hello! I've just started my own show on YouTube called Impressive Victory where I play the most challenging games in existence on their highest difficulty setting with no game over. If you've got a game that kicked your ass, I'll kick its butt right back! I'm looking for some suggestions! I've just destroyed Ninja Gaiden (the harder SNES version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra6yaO_ztLg I've also finished Wild Guns: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtJ84Pd94M And Valis 4 is complete but not yet uploaded. It will be soon! These games will be done soon: Gradius 3 (SNES) The Lion King (SNES) Astyanax (NES) Okay! Fire away your suggestions! I would just like to point out I am no AVGN; I will not play terrible games so no need to recommend those! I hope you enjoy my show! o^_^o
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Play Wipeout HD/HD Fury and get every gold on the first try. Its not really regacy yet but the AI in that game is a b*tch on phantom. 

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
Currently Bioshock on 1999 mode and Ni No Kuni, but I love both of them..... Xcom on PS1 kicked my ass back in the day........ Also NES classic Mike Tyson kicking my ass brings back sad memories.....
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#4 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Digital Devil Saga kicked my butt quite alot before I got the hang of it.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#5 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Play The Witcher 2 on Nightmare and try to go through without getting a single game over screen...and good luck, but you'll need more than that.

LordBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LordBrew
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
Quake on Nightmare.
SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

Battletoads

Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 (NES)

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)

Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)

DMC 1 and 3

Halo 2 (Legendary)

F-Zero GX

MGS2 (Euro Extreme)

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Viewtiful Joe leaps to mind.  On Ultra V rated, you more or less can't get hit, especially later in the game... I've made it to the final form of the final boss, and damn, he kicked my ass becaused I got careless.  That game definitely puts hair on any gamer's chest.  It's a true test of gaming ability, without being cheap.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Several:  -Mega Man 7 and X's final bosses were the hardest ones I've ever faced, Mega Man 1 was the most difficult for me overall though as it was the first one I ever played.  

-F-Zero GX's story mode was extremely difficult but I have managed to beat all of the missions on hard and one on very hard.  

-Super Star Wars kicked my ass for a while but I beat it recently.  

-Devil May Cry 3 had some very difficult boss battles, not the hardest though.  

-Zelda II was all-around hard, especially the final temple.  

-Beating Pokemon Stadium 2 on R2 with rentals is definitely one of my biggest gaming challenges, especially the Elite Four.

-I was pretty bad at RE4 and I died quite a bit in that game.

-Demon's Souls is the most challenging RPG I've played through, but if I were to play it again it would be a lot easier.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#10 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Catherine

Devil Survivor 1

Persona 3 Portable on Maniac Mode.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

I never could beat the 80's Mario Bros. series.

Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rain_of_Miami
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts
Hey, thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I didn't know any game past the SNES was hard. Every game from N64 onward was a breeze for me. Now as for some of the suggestions that were made, are these games hella hard, or semi hard? I need the kind of hard that makes your body convulse due to its unforgiving difficulty. The video of me playing Ninja Gaiden was recorded within 5 days of borrowing this game (I've never played a single Ninja Gaiden game before) and everybody was saying it's one of the hardest games of all time, but this is clearly not the case. On top of that, I destroyed the harder, less responsive SNES version at that. Since Ninja Gaiden got KO'ed in 5 days, I need games that are harder than that. Again, on legacy platforms, preferably on NES and SNES. I like those games the most. So what does everybody think of the show anyway? Are you guys even aware all this is for a show or are you just reading the topic title? I think I need to change the topic title or make a new one. Hardly any new views on the show!
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Of the many, Super Mario Bros. 2 comes to mind.. the japanese one. Jesus. That game is ridiculous

After many hours of tears, blood and sweat, trying to get all the way to world 8 and beating it, I was so happy, I jumped for joy, I thought I had beaten the game...

But then, I learn that the game isn't over.. And that there is actually worlds A-E after you beat world 8, and each is harder than the last. I threw down the controller in rage and walked out of my house and walked for many hours thinking about my life and how much I that game made me hate it.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts
gouls and ghost
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

F-Zero GX

Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Company of Heroes

PacoTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 PacoTaco
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts

Getting all 120 stars in Mario 64 - mostly because of the wonky camera.

Never beat Ninja Gaiden for the NES.  But I was a kid, perhaps now...nah, I'm spoiled by a decade of easy-mode.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES

Super Empire Strikes Back - SNES

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Speed Kings on the PS2 i found to be rather hard when i was testing it last night.

Think 'Burnout on bikes'. But you gain boost by doing risky tricks, glancing off of traffic (but not hitting the fronts or backs), and sliding under trailers that you have 0.5 seconds to react to.

Perhaps with some dedication it will become easier, but for casual-playing in between other games it's a butt-kicker.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
Past: Pokemon Red Pokemon Gold Deus Ex Zelda: Ocarina of Time Banjo Kazooie Golden Axe 2 (I had some moments where I kept dying on the final boss, when I had no lives left and I kept screaming F***!) Now: Mass Effect series on Insanity, I'm trying to plat all 3 games, but I can't seem to beat any of these on Insanity...I must be an idiot or something...
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Captain Claw. Last levels were a pain in the ass. Especially dat last boss.
Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#20 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Final Fantasy VII, Parasite Eve, mostly any Squaresoft because their games are sooo damn hard.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#21 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Parasite EveGSJones1994
Parasite Eve was quite easy, actually.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Final Fantasy VII, Parasite Eve, mostly any Squaresoft because their games are sooo damn hard.

GSJones1994

Final Fantasy VII is one of the easiest RPGs ever made. I actually don't think I've actually played an easier RPG than Final Fantasy VII. I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but you must be doing something wrong if you think FFVII is even remotely hard.

But to answer the question, even tho it's cool to act like Demon Souls is not difficult, that game kicked my ass hard. So did Ninja Gaiden. I didn't manage to beat either.

A game I did beat but I found hard was Star Ocean: The Second Story. The final boss was a nightmare.

ImJESUS-PROam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ImJESUS-PROam
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Final Fantasy VII, >GSJones1994

You sure you forgot to add another I to VII when you said this?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"]

Final Fantasy VII, >ImJESUS-PROam

FFVIII is not hard either.

ImJESUS-PROam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ImJESUS-PROam

[QUOTE="ImJESUS-PROam"][QUOTE="GSJones1994"]

Final Fantasy VII, >GreySeal9

Depends on how you play it. If you don't really play cards than it is quite a tedious game.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="ImJESUS-PROam"] You sure you forgot to add another I to VII when you said this?

ImJESUS-PROam

Depends on how you play it. If you don't really play cards than it is quite a tedious game.

Tedious/=/hard.

Even if you just do normal junctioning, FFVIII is not a challenging RPG. 

ImJESUS-PROam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ImJESUS-PROam

[QUOTE="ImJESUS-PROam"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

Tedious/=/hard.

Even if you just do normal junctioning, FFVIII is not a challenging RPG. 

Fair enough, although I was thinking more hard to play than actually challenging. It could have been way better than what it was.
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
The Adventure of Bayou Billy, NES, it was pretty hard. My thumbs hurt. Lufia 2, SNES, the Ancient Cave quest; it couldn't save anytime. It must finish to reach 99 or 100 floors. I failed to reach all floors. I might reach 85 floors for straight 20 hours. The 7th Guest, PC, I forgot what name of red and black Othello like game. I lost many times without cheating/finishing mode.
Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#29 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"]

GreySeal9

Final Fantasy VII is one of the easiest RPGs ever made. I actually don't think I've actually played an easier RPG than Final Fantasy VII. I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but you must be doing something wrong if you think FFVII is even remotely hard.

But to answer the question, even tho it's cool to act like Demon Souls is not difficult, that game kicked my ass hard. So did Ninja Gaiden. I didn't manage to beat either.

A game I did beat but I found hard was Star Ocean: The Second Story. The final boss was a nightmare.

Well, bad karma keeps biting me in the arse, I guess.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Rayman (PS1) Demon Souls (PS3) Dark Souls (PS3) FFVIII (PS1) Super Ghouls and Ghost (SNES)
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

[QUOTE="GSJones1994"]

GreySeal9

Yea from what I remember, I cruised through the game up until that point. Took me a couple of tries but I beat him, felt so good. I will say this though fighting him with the limiter on he's bearable. Limiter off on universe mode? Super hard.