Games Like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP / CS / SoC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stalkerz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 stalkerz90
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey everyone. So I know this question has been asked in different ways many times, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any new advice about games like STALKER.

Just to give a bit more info, I've played all 3 STALKER games (and a bunch of mods) to death, so I'd like to try something new. I've played Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I've played Skyrim. And I've played Kingdoms of Amalur. Those are all my favorites, with STALKER CoP in the lead. I've also played Far Cry 3 and it was okay.

The two Metro games didn't really stack up because, while the graphics and atmosphere were nice, I found them to be a lot more linear. And I absolutely hated GTA V (I'm a lot more into shooting/survival than driving, and there wasn't much of an "atmosphere").

I'm trying to find games that are free-roam/open-world, that have a trading/inventory system, and that have some type of atmospheric immersion. Skills/levels are not necessary. And preferably nothing that has graphics that are worse than STALKER or the others.

What do you think? Is there anything else out there?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

You could try White Gold: War in Paradise. I haven't played it, but I have heard decent things.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Try Boiling Point: Road to Hell,it´s pretty much what you want and despite its flaws,it´s still a pretty good experience.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

Nether, maybe? It's still in early access and I haven't actually played it, but it might be interesting.

stalkerz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 stalkerz90
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Thanks a lot guys, those sound excellent!

White Gold is the continuation of Boiling Point, so I'll definitely give both a shot. And Nether looks awesome, but I'll probably wait until the official release before playing.

Any other suggestions?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Only play Boiling Point if you find some unofficial patch, because even with the official one it's a completely broken mess. A pity, because I really wanted to play it through, but just couldn't due to the bugs.