Games Discussion Lounge - Express Yourself!

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#101 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Fraggkitten said:

@The_Last_Ride: That's why it's awesome!! XD

i didn't say it wasn't awesome

zakatak25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By zakatak25
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

Does Fallout 4 have a legitimate game of the month contender in Halo 5 Guardians, Zelda Triforce Heroes, the Uncharted Collection or Assassins Creed Syndicate? Can these games compete with Fallout 4 (I know I'm biased)? Before looking at the options it seemed pretty clear cut to me (a fallout and open world game fan) that Fallout 4 would sweep this award. However, with the variety and apparent quality of games coming out in October it may have more competition after all.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 The_Last_Ride

@zakatak25 said:

Does Fallout 4 have a legitimate game of the month contender in Halo 5 Guardians, Zelda Triforce Heroes, the Uncharted Collection or Assassins Creed Syndicate? Can these games compete with Fallout 4 (I know I'm biased)? Before looking at the options it seemed pretty clear cut to me (a fallout and open world game fan) that Fallout 4 would sweep this award. However, with the variety and apparent quality of games coming out in October it may have more competition after all.

yeah i would think so

McGuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 McGuffin
Member since 2015 • 135 Posts

Does anyone else want a good police game? Not unlike La Noire, but with more of an emphasis on combat and freedom in an open world.

Things I'd like to be able to do in a game like this:

-Issue tickets for speeding, jaywalking, smoking in nonsmoking areas etc.

-Realistic car chases where my main objective as an officer is the safety of the public and my partner.

-Realistic gun fights where I only have 3-4 full magazines on my person and greater accuracy in shooting is achieved through spending more time in the range

-Slight, slight spoiler for movie, "End of Watch" - Choose whether or not to arrest people or let them go and, if I choose to arrest them, having the option to pick what charges to levy (like in the movie where they only arrested the guy who faought Micheal Pena for a misdemeanor). and possibly have that affect things like gaining new informants.

-Choosing whether to search a home, factory, barn etc with only my partner (opening us up to danger) or to call in backup (ensuring more safety). and having such a choice effect our relationships with fellow officers and our bosses.

-Having death be a detrement to the player in that there would be consequences for dying like putting weapon/quipment upgrades further out of reach (I.e making them cost more money or making the qualifications for purchasing them steeper.)

-Having "The Last Of Us" style optional dialogue prompts that will both slow down progress (make time pass while you're talking and thus miss out on xp and money gaining missions) and gain "partner points" (partner points would increase the performance of your AI partner and trigger more interesting dialogue prompts. (For example, you pull up next to a skating ring and your partner tells you a story about his first girlfriend and him going there.)

-Having multiple options for gaining "partner points" like gaining them for buying your partner an expensive lunch or letting him sleep while you drive around.

That's all I'll write for now. What do you guys think of this?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 The_Last_Ride

@mcguffin: you've got an anti cop game in GTA V :3

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#106 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Sorry not feeling very expressive and my brain is currently only able to function at low set, secondary school level. So "It's pretty good" and "it's boring" is about as creative as it gets.

Been playing Dragon Age Inquisition again but it's not the same the 2nd time round. New class, new romance but it's still familiar ground. Tried it's multiplayer, it's pretty good, a game in itself. Not much to talk about. Waiting for the last episode of Life is Strange to come out which got delayed, was going to replay it and iron out my play through, great game, it is good....

Never finished Arkham Knight got bored of side missions and collecting, then it got to a point I couldn't be bothered with the main game as I had enough of it's combat and racing mechanics (I wish they made the whole game like the Harley expansion that was the best bit). Got bored of Metal Gear 5! Although I completed it to the point where it starts making me redo the missions with extreme conditions, which feels like padding that I can't be arsed with, so I just You-Tube the final ending parts. I could not stand another 3 side-missions or a forced stealth mission to get to the next interesting part after already done so many.

At the moment I'm cold turkey so I have a tremendous lack of patience and find it hard to focus on anything that doesn't completely grab me. Maybe games are not the best thing right now but there is only so much exercise and reflective walks in the woods I can do in a day.

Planet Explorers is not bad, I think it's being heavily overlooked. Although they are a bit too ambitions trying to do a story in a game of it's type with such a small team, the game itself has some great ideas. Not sure if to give it the thumbs up or down at moment, will look into it some more.

Ark survival Evolved. Did all that, bored of it now. Might come back when they reset the servers, my crowd has moved on from that game, we did well, owned our server for a while. It was emotional. Especially when I was off my head half the time playing it. Ugh.

I would try a few other games but I have to watch what I'm spending right now, I'm only working part time, plus college and doing rubbish at both, and not able to push myself anymore. Not at moment. I Will buy Fallout 4 mind.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Have the mods given up on GD? Ads everywhere, even during the day now.

McGuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 McGuffin

@The_Last_Ride:

Yeah, that's for true.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Bigboi500: There aren't that many active Mods here on Gamespot like they used to be. We can't expect much for them to do anything cause some of us have a life ya'know,

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Bigboi500

@davillain- said:

@Bigboi500: There aren't that many active Mods here on Gamespot like they used to be. We can't expect much for them to do anything cause some of us have a life ya'know,

They can get more mods, ya'know, not half-assing things?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DaVillain  Moderator

@Bigboi500 said:
@davillain- said:

Okay I'll be sure to recommend you to be our Mod next time I come across from the Gamespot Staff then.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Bigboi500

@davillain- said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@davillain- said:

Okay I'll be sure to recommend you to be our Mod next time I come across from the Gamespot Staff then.

You're the suck up, rushing to their defense so you join the mod team. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DaVillain  Moderator

@Bigboi500 said:

You're the suck up, rushing to their defense so you join the mod team. :P

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Bigboi500

@davillain-: Mods don't surrender. Buck up, soldier!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 The_Last_Ride

@mcguffin said:

@The_Last_Ride:

Yeah, that's for true.

i just don't see the appeal. The only thing i can think of that comes close is Need for Speed

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DaVillain  Moderator

@Bigboi500: LOL but for real, I have a life and I don't come to GS that much now.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Bigboi500

@davillain- said:

@Bigboi500: LOL but for real, I have a life and I don't come to GS that much now.

Same. That's why I hate to come here during my free time only to see a bunch of spam and advertising threads instead of worthwhile game discussions. This place can be a haven from the doodoo of System Wars, so I hate to see it going to ruins.

McGuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 McGuffin

@The_Last_Ride:

The appeal of my idea or of GTAV anti cop stuff? Sorry I didn't understand what you meant, there.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 The_Last_Ride

@mcguffin said:

@The_Last_Ride:

The appeal of my idea or of GTAV anti cop stuff? Sorry I didn't understand what you meant, there.

the whole cop thing, i can't see how it can be done right. The closest thing i can even think of when done right is Watch Dogs

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DaVillain  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride said:
@mcguffin said:

@The_Last_Ride:

the whole cop thing, i can't see how it can be done right. The closest thing i can even think of when done right is Watch Dogs

I for one really enjoy Watch Dogs when I played it on PS4 last year. Aiden Pearce, I would say he was like an Undercover Cop to say the least.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 The_Last_Ride

@davillain- said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@mcguffin said:

@The_Last_Ride:

I for one really enjoy Watch Dogs when I played it on PS4 last year. Aiden Pearce, I would say he was like an Undercover Cop to say the least.

The closest thing at least to one

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#122  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Sorry about all this spam, folks. I have our dev team looking into it and hopefully they'll have a fix soon.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 DaVillain  Moderator

@DigitalDame: Thank you. I was gonna send a PM to the mods team but I figure someone already done it. I wanted to make a thread on a game call Jotun but I'll wait until this whole spambots blows over.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Bigboi500

Looks like I'm not alone in my concerns for this place. The people have spoken!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Bigboi500

And so it begins again. lol?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DaVillain  Moderator
@Bigboi500 said:

And so it begins again. lol?

Pretty much lol. I'll comeback later when this shit blows over.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#127 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Spambots are quite annoying.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Looks like you got your work cut out for ya lol. It's nice to see the Mod team do all the hard work around here. Buuuut I will say this. Thank you :)

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

Y'know what I hate in todays gaming industry? The onlinefication of everything. Oftentimes a checkbox in some executives' list. Yet everyone goes at it like piranhas. Of course I got a bias in that I don't like online gaming.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#130 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Looks like you got your work cut out for ya lol. It's nice to see the Mod team do all the hard work around here. Buuuut I will say this. Thank you :)

No problem. Glad to put the banhammer at work while the spam attack was in full swing.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 The_Last_Ride

yeah, they really hit this forum as well

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Bigboi500

Anyone else disappointed in Rocket League? I've been playing since release and it's been loads of fun, but now the ranked battles matchmaking and banning system really ticks me off. On a regular basis they'll match you with and against players that are far below or above your current level.

The worst part is you get banned for 15 minutes if you leave a match. Now, on paper that might sound like a good idea, but the reality is you sometimes have to leave, either because some no-lifer is destroying your team, or some mindless rookie is ruining the game for you due to their inexperience. Sometimes people quit and leave you to play by yourself against a full team, or leave you a player short. Don't like it? Well you can suffer the consequences or be banned for 15 minutes.

Until they fix this nonsense I'm not playing anymore and have deleted it off my system. Such a shame to see a good game ruined by bad rules.

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Shrek
Member since 2015 • 387 Posts

Finished Final Fantasy Type 0. Waaaay too much focus on coloured panties. Story was lacking. Friendly AI ruins the game too.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 The_Last_Ride

@shrek: i heard it was alright

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DaVillain  Moderator

Hello everyone. I hope everyone enjoy there Halloween stuff and so what's new around here?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DaVillain  Moderator

@gamingta: Oh, Howdy. Welcome to Gamespot.

MarcosReis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 MarcosReis
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Wow guys! I've been playing Fallout 4 and had an idea that, imo, seems reeally cool... what about a game about Grognak the Barbarian? You know, the guy from the in game comic books that often appears on the loading screens. I think it would be a great spin off.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#148 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@marcosreis: It could be as a satirical game.

MarcosReis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By MarcosReis
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

@BranKetra I think it would be good if taken as serious as fallout, but knowing, in part, that it's a spin off.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

Howdy everyone, I hope you all enjoy your thanksgiving. I know, it's late on my part but it doesn't hurt to say it now then never lol. I gotta say that this year for gaming has been pretty good so far then it was last year. Starting next year, it looks like it's going to get better and better when the big 3 has really cool exclusive games that I'm looking forward to but for now, I need to finish my backlog of games.