games critics/most gamers loved but you either hated or din't like as much ?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Fallout New Vegas, but probably only because it's A - FPS, and B - 3 years old at this point. I just can't seem to get into it, despite just getting it. It just seems fairly dated to me. The gameplay also seems a bit clunky (you run weird, your gun is lifeless when you fire it, and the animations are odd looking - immersion feels pretty impossible unlike when I played Skyrim). However, I like the long conversations you can get into with the NPC's, and they're much more interesting than Skyrim by far. Just not my kind of game, I guess.

It's pretty obvious and probably said a million times here, but Black Ops II. Didn't touch the singleplayer, and have about 30 minutes playing time for multiplayer. I'm tired of this type of game is what it is.

Bioshock Infinite - I think I've played so many FPS that I'm just tired of them now. This graphics in this game are beautiful, though. It was just another game I bought but couldn't get into, though.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"][QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]
  • Mass Effect 2: The story and characters are good and that's it, the most important part of a GAME, the GAMEplay is stale and repetitive, so is the level design for that matter.
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Skip the cutscenes and you have a 4 hours campaign and online (which is now shutdown) where you pay for extras makes it the worst value for money game this generation.
  • Resident Evil 5: The only think scary about Resident Evil 5 is how bad it is.
  • Heavy Rain: No engaging story can make brushing your teeth or rocking a baby fun.
  • Splinter Cell Conviction: The character of Sam Fisher and the games title are the only things releating to Splinter Cell in this game, it is not a Splinter Cell game and it is not a stealth game, it is a third person shooter.
  • Sports games in general: I don't understand, are some people literaly brainwashed, why do people buy these every year.
  • Call of Duty: same problems as sports games but at least they have new maps, a new campaign and new weapons.
  • The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Simply put, the game didn't work properly, it has been fixed now but the damage has been done.
RageQuitter69
Wow It must suck to be you, so many games let you down.

No it doesn't suck to be me, those games let me down but there are plenty of other games that impressed me, Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution and Tomb Raider to name a few.

Thats great :D, focus on the good things !
AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

GTA IV. How that game got a 10/10 on Gamespot I will never know. And that includes IGN and other sites that gave it a 10 as well. None of the other GTA games got a perfect 10 and they are still awesome. San Andreas is still the greatest gta game in my opinion and I felt that it should of earned a 10 here. IV was just terrible.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Bioshock Infinite - I liked it but no where near as much as everyone else seeems to have done, to me it was a good game with an enjoyable story but nothing more.

GTA4 - I'm pretty sure this game has the highest score of all time on Metacritic? I won't deny it's a really good game but one of the best of all time? Nowhere near.

Halo and Call Of Duty series - To me both are just pretty standard run-of-the-mill FPS franchises, yet legions of gamers around the world seem to worship them.

Elder Scrolls Series - I find them to be a bit too slow-paced and don't really see the appeal, but each to their own I guess.

FIFA - Same game every year, yet sells by the bucketloads.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]LA Noire - I thought the interrogation system was broken.El_Zo1212o
LA Noire. I got so pissed because the prompt would be, like, "doubt." But the character would strat yelling and making wild accusations and sh!t. I'd be stuck going, 'dude! Do you have any concept of the phrase 'over-f*cking-kill'??"

I KNOW!? SERIOUSLY!!! But my main complaint is the false paths it leads you down and then weird interrogations like the one with the little girl who says she was at a dance and her mom didn't come, but her dad picked her up instead. She isn't lying. I had no real reason to doubt her answer. Yet if you pick truth you're wrong. Later in the interview there is a question that is doubtable because it's subjective, "Are you're parents happily married?" "Of course they are." But the I went to the dance and my dad picked me up instead of my mom isn't a doubtable testimony. This is also the case where you have to decide between two innocent people to arrest based on evidence and are coerced into choosing the "correct" one. I also hated the protagonist. He was the biggest a$$hole. I loved the guy at the end of the game much more.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
GTA is an awful franchise.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#58 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts
[QUOTE="asproyjim"]I have just gained my Battlefield 4 Beta code and it's amazing. Click here to gain yours: www.battlefield4-beta.info

No.
dan0314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 dan0314
Member since 2011 • 658 Posts

Borderlands and GTA IV.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
The Mass Effect games. People love them, I think they are ok.
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Metal Gear Solid

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points