Gamer's confessions

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ColonelKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ColonelKernal
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Apologies if this has been done before. Although I have spent many, many years gaming there are some things that I have never done so I wanted to use this topic as a confession and to see if anyone else was willing to confess something.

Of course, I'll go first...

I've never played a Pokemon game. Not one. Not for one minute. Sorry.

Not that I don't like them or have anything bad to say about them. They just haven't been a part of my life and kinda feel that it's too late to start.

Anyone else need to get a gaming confession of their chest?

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Never played TLOU, and dont ever plan to ;)

I never got into Telltale's Walking dead series

I never finished The Witcher 2 or Half life 2, why? Lost interest

I think Bioshock 2 is better than the first

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i only finish about 5% of the games i play. too many great games, too little time.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I the hilight of my GTA IV experience was visiting the Strip Club.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I buy Fifa every year even if there is only a small change.

I buy and play ever Gran turismo career mode up until the endurance races, then I stop.

Never played a Souls game (Dark or Demon) and probably never will.

ColonelKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ColonelKernal

Haha. Some of these are great!

Once I get to the end of a main story, I very rarely go back to play a game for secrets/collectibles/unfinished mission

It doesn't matter what my percentage is - as soon as I see the end credits, that's it. I move on.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

I can't get into MOBAs

I played those rape simulations from Japan. Pretty wild.

I've smashed about 3 or 4 keyboards in some serious nerd rage when I used to play Quake 3 competitively.

I skipped out on my first college semester to play Everquest all day every day. Got F's in 5 classes.

Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider gives me a god damn hard on. Way better than the original models (more realistic)

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@colonelkernal said:
I've never played a Pokemon game. Not one. Not for one minute.

What do you mean "confession"? You should wear a t-shirt with that line on it.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

I think uncharted 1 is way better than 2 or 3. I think the souls games feel like unpolished turds that get forgiven for catering to "hardcorez."

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

i keep buying Forza thinking I will enjoy it but never really do

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

I've never played a console or handheld game...

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

I always go for the lesbian option

I always choose evil (except in Fable 3, because I try not to break a promise)

When I play a game that gives you good customization to your outfit, I dress as a right slut.

Years ago when I was playing Street Fighter II turbo on my friends SNES, I got a blister on my thumb trying to pull off a fireball.

Also on Street Fighter, I used to unplug my friends controller if they where winning.

I'm losing faith in Gamespot reviews. Twice in a row I've been let down not only by the game score, but the games appeal.

I completed Dungeons and Dragons Arcade with a single credit way back then. (more of a boast then a confession).

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@ttualumni13 said:

I think uncharted 1 is way better than 2 or 3.

Me too. :)

As for mine:

• Even though I love Fallout now, Fallout 3 was my first experience with the franchise. I didn't have a PC that would run games when the original Fallouts came out.
  • I seem to buy every Spider-Man video game even though there hasn't been a good one since Shattered Dimensions and there hasn't been a great one since the game adaptation of the second movie. And even it was pretty busted. I am, officially, "part of the problem" by supporting these poor games just because I have so much affection for the source material.
  • I straight up hated the first Half-Life. HL2 was good though, but I never liked the first one.
  • Back in the PS1 and PS2 eras, Simpsons games were my guilty pleasure. I played all of them, and enjoyed them despite the games being basically shovelware. Even the busted ones like the wrestling and skateboarding games.
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I restarted DA:O literally 20ish times before I lost interest and sold it.

I never plan on playing TLoU.

I always get so invested in games that I have trouble playing "evil."

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Evil_Saluki

@Boddicker:

@Boddicker said:

Alright there is an art to this.

None player characters are often unaware of how powerful you are as the player. You have a power that no one else can match, the power of save and reload. With this amazing power you could of conquered the world your living and breathing in real life right now, but in this game, it's looked over and they pretend like it never exists.

You deserve respect, and it's the one thing your never granted by these ignorant, arrogant pricks that populate the game world. Anyone who doesn't respect you deserves to die. So when you enter boomtown and the first thug who greets you sneers saying "watch your step around here, this is our turf!" straight away blow his f-ing head off. How is it his turf? He can't save and reload, this is your world, they are just living in it.

Of course, one day, when games grow some balls and give you proper consequences and take away your power of save and reload, then you might have to start caring about the world around you, you'll want as many allies as possible and as few people making life difficult as possible. Until then, games and their NPC's will have to know their place.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@Evil_Saluki said:

@Boddicker:

@Boddicker said:

Alright there is an art to this.

None player characters are often unaware of how powerful you are as the player. You have a power that no one else can match, the power of save and reload. With this amazing power you could of conquered the world your living and breathing in real life right now, but in this game, it's looked over and they pretend like it never exists.

You deserve respect, and it's the one thing your never granted by these ignorant, arrogant pricks that populate the game world. Anyone who doesn't respect you deserves to die. So when you enter boomtown and the first thug who greets you sneers saying "watch your step around here, this is our turf!" straight away blow his f-ing head off. How is it his turf? He can't save and reload, this is your world, they are just living in it.

Of course, one day, when games grow some balls and give you proper consequences and take away your power of save and reload, then you might have to start caring about the world around you, you'll want as many allies as possible and as few people making life difficult as possible. Until then, games and their NPC's will have to know their place.

LOL

I never thought about it like that. I wish more RPG's like Fallout and Elder Scrolls would institute an "Ironman" saving option like the XCOM series.

In Ironman mode you play off one single save and it regularly autosaves. There are ways to get around it, but you risk corrupting your save file. Of course this would make the game nearly impossible (when you die you have to start over), but it would force you to play a lot more conservatively.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 loafofgame

@Evil_Saluki
said:

I'm losing faith in Gamespot reviews. Twice in a row I've been let down not only by the game score, but the games appeal.

That isn't a confession. ;-) Judging by the comments posted on this site it would be more of a confession if you said you still trust Gamespot reviews...

Here, let me try: I am satisfied with the content on Gamespot and I find the reviews very useful.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Evil_Saluki

@loafofgame:

I'm a very on and off member of this forum but It feels good and i'm honored someone has been taking notice of me, I don't care if it's for good or bad on my behalf.

I feel like i've invested a fair amount of time in Gamespot and becoming familiar with the staff, to a degree that I don't want to take the word of any other review site. It's only recently it's knocked me about a bit.

Anyway more confessions...

• I spent well over an hour making my character on Dragon Age II and all the Mass Effects look 'just right', and well over 2 hours on Saints Row 3-4 as I had to do the body also. I have a serious fashion conscious in both real life and games where my girlfriend has to get my approval before walking to the shops.
  • I hate having messy inventory on games. I tend to be ruthless on the the stuff I sell to vendors in MMO's. Once a guild made the mistake of putting me in charge of the guild bank and I sold a lot of hard earned crafting materials because I didn't expect people to use them and I considered them spam.
  • I pulled almost 2 solid all nighters when Star Wars Galaxies first came out and I was unemployed at the time. Remember the day going by outside and the black birds singing at 5am while I made sugery cups of teas.
  • I had a cyber relationship in WoW while I was single with a greek girl. It seems so surreal when I look back at those desperate days and it felt like it happened to someone different.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Ditto on the no Pokemon. Never saw the appeal.

I've owned three Zelda games (Link's Awakening, OOT, TP) and never finished any of them due to getting stuck or bored.

I've never been a PC gamer outside of WH40K Dawn of War.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By loafofgame
@Evil_Saluki said:

@loafofgame:

I'm a very on and off member of this forum but It feels good and i'm honored someone has been taking notice of me, I don't care if it's for good or bad on my behalf.

I feel like i've invested a fair amount of time in Gamespot and becoming familiar with the staff, to a degree that I don't want to take the word of any other review site. It's only recently it's knocked me about a bit.

I really like the Gamespot Staff, but when it comes to deciding whether or not to buy a game I won't take their word for it. When relying only on reviews from one website (and only reviews in general) there are simply too many variables that could lead to the wrong choice. No matter how many times it works out, there's bound to come a moment that leads to disappointment... That doesn't mean reviews can't be useful, of course.

OperationSAND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OperationSAND

I never liked the Tycoon games and other economy simulations. How boring is that, when I don't get any weapons to destroy my enemies :D

Have to admit, Pokemon games never were my cup of tee either. Mostly because of their art design.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

@SEANMCAD said:

The only way I have been able to enjoy the GTA series is with cheat modes on

That's cool. You ever try the famous cheat code combination of armed NPCs with aggressive NPCs? It's like Trevor's wet dream.

I've Been doin that since GTAIII and it is fucking beautiful. Almost easter egg like Benzies, King and the Houser's wanted you to discover that arbitrary mayhem mode on purpose.

Gamerno66666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Gamerno66666
Member since 2013 • 175 Posts

Never touched any games from the MGS franchise and probably never will.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#25 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

I hate Dark Souls ;)

There.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#26  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I have never beaten Metroid Prime 2 despite doing 1 and 3

I have never been MGS1 despite beating 2,3 and 4.

I play most games on the easiest difficultly setting.

I haven't beaten Okami yet.

I think Ico is a bit overatted

I mostly go as Ryu or Ken on Street Fighter games.

I played RE4 before any other RE game.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I rented a copy of GTAIII from Blockbuster, played it a while, thought I could get it to run better if I gave it a pass through the Game Doctor. Didn't run at all after that. Took it back to Blockbuster and was like "hey, you gave me a broken game, wtf?!"

Yes, I was looking at your screen when we were playing Goldeneye.

In highschool, went with my gf to her babysitting gig. They had a genesis and Barney's Adventures. I played it. There were no kids around at the time....'cept me.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

Don't finish most of my games, blame it on my AD/HD lol.

soft modded my origional xbox and think i did it wrong or messed it up, xbox doesn't work, and now i'm screwed as my copy of Morrowind GOTY edition is stuck on the harddrive and lost the disc : (

Yes, Rainbow Six 3>all shooters by far

Skyrim sucks big time. Regret paying that $60.

Pure Chess on ps3 is my life

Avatar image for deactivated-5998864a726a0
deactivated-5998864a726a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5998864a726a0
Member since 2014 • 105 Posts

i never played smash bros but i want to play it some day.

i dont have a n64 and a gamecube.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I find it extremely difficult to complete story driven games. I completely lost interest about two thirds of the way through both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite. They just weren't enjoyable to play. The stories weren't able to make up for that.

EduFarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EduFarage

I never buyed a Console since 2001, ps1 was my last one.
So... yeah

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

@colonelkernal said:

Haha. Some of these are great!

Once I get to the end of a main story, I very rarely go back to play a game for secrets/collectibles/unfinished mission

It doesn't matter what my percentage is - as soon as I see the end credits, that's it. I move on.

Same applies to me. I find going back and hunting collectibles/secrets to be a bit of a chore, so I rarely bother, I'll also very rarely replay a game, so I usually sell my games almost immediately after finishing them.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I love MGS (series), Naughty Dog (games/as developers), LoZ (series), TES (series), Batman Arkham (series), Soul (Series), Mass Effect (series), Persona (series)

I think Valve, Blizzard, Metroid, Super Metroid and Mario are overrated

RE6 is my 4th fav RE game

Dragon's Dogma is my most underrated game of all time

I buy MGS, RE, TES games and any game made by ND on day 1

I find FFX is the worst FF game solely cause I despise Tidus

I think GTA V is the best GTA game

I believe PC hardware is way over priced

I've never owned a none Nvidia graphics card

State of Decay is my ideal Zombie Survival game

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Final Fantasy X-2 is my favorite FF game

Ever since Red and Blue, I have always used some sort of cheating device to catch all the pokemon.

I don't see what's so great about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

I never liked the whole Tiberium series of the Command and Conquer games. Generals is (IMO) the best.

I have played through every single Kingdom Hearts game at least 4 times including KH Coded.

Skyz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Skyz_
Member since 2014 • 56 Posts

The one and only time I proper raged I smashed a controller off the floor, it bounced back and cracked me on the head... That was the day I pretty much stopped playing FPS games.

Also, I never really enjoyed Mario.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

@loafofgame said:

I've never played a console or handheld game...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

There is nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of people who have never played console games. I take it you play a lot of PC related video games?

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i only played 1 pokemon game, and that was way back on gameboy. played all Bioshock games and i only finished 1 & 2. didn't like Infinite that much.. i lost interest in it, maybe one day i'll finish it.

never played on easy difficulty since gen 7, i always play on normal and play hard mode if i repeat the game.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 loafofgame

@TheDarkWolf86
said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

There is nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of people who have never played console games. I take it you play a lot of PC related video games?

Well, I was trying to shock. ;-P I mean, most of the comments I've read so far are more opinions or statements than (shocking) confessions. I thought someone who has never played a console or handheld game was maybe a bit more exotic and shocking. But apparently it isn't... ;-)

But yeah, I only play PC games. I was a 'casual' gamer during childhood and adolescence and I didn't grow up with consoles (or friends with consoles). But I thought about it for a while and I do remember playing MGS and a WWF game on a Playstation with a friend once or twice. And I also played Mario Party on a Wii once. ;-) I'm not uninterested in consoles, though, but so far I've never felt the need to buy one. I can live without Red Dead Redemption, Journey and The Last of Us (so far the only console games I would really like to play) and I also don't mind waiting for a game when it comes to pc later on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I had my way, I would own a gaming computer and play only PC games. Unfortunately gaming computers cost more than console systems right now. If only I could play EVE: Online I would be happy! lol!!!

@loafofgame said:
@TheDarkWolf86 said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Well, I was trying to shock. ;-P I mean, most of the comments I've read so far are more opinions or statements than (shocking) confessions. I thought someone who has never played a console or handheld game was maybe a bit more exotic and shocking. But apparently it isn't... ;-)

But yeah, I only play PC games. I was a 'casual' gamer during childhood and adolescence and I didn't grow up with consoles (or friends with consoles). But I thought about it for a while and I do remember playing MGS and a WWF game on a Playstation with a friend once or twice. And I also played Mario Party on a Wii once. ;-) I'm not uninterested in consoles, though, but so far I've never felt the need to buy one. I can live without Red Dead Redemption, Journey and The Last of Us (so far the only console games I would really like to play) and I also don't mind waiting for a game when it comes to pc later on.

Rtzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rtzon
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

The Batman Arkham series made me watch the Dark Knight trilogy. And now I love Batman, it's freaking awesome. Currently watching the Animated Series and soon will rewatch the trilogy and replay the games.

I think Uncharted 2 is kinda overrated.

Mirror's Edge sucks.

Fez is incredibly boring.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#42  Edited By MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Out of the 11 consoles I've owned, the XBox One is the first console I've gotten on Day One.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

never played TLOU and Mass Effect and never will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

I don't like most Japanese games, especially JRPGs.

Avatar image for MasterTankallex
MasterTankallex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MasterTankallex
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

Never played TLOU, and don't ever plan to ;)

I never got into Telltale's Walking Dead series.

This.

I also never plan on playing Mirror's Edge, I played the demo and thought it was crap.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Let's see.....

I don't hate any of the CoD games. Of course, I haven't played any since the first game in the series.

I'm not a pilot. Yet, the flight sim genre is my favorite.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I just read the thread about people not finishing games so:

I must have at least 200+ hours of total playtime of FF8. It is one of my top 3 games.
I must have at least 200+ hours of total playtime of FF9. It is one of my top 3 games.
I have over 100+ hours of Baldur's Gate 2. It is one of my top 3 games.
I have about 100 hours of KOTOR.

Yet I have not finished the story of any of those. Each time I play through them, once I reach the final dungeons I'm so burnt out and I end up not going the last mile.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

I really liked Final Fantasy X-2.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

I think wind waker is one of the worst games ever created. I will never play pokeman games, whatever, the heck they are.

I never buy sports games. I hate online multiplayer. I have never played a ff game and, unless, I get one free or for a couple bucks I never will.

I think tlou and gta4/5 are the most overrated games in the history of gaming and i'm still pissed I bought gta4.

I think the way bioware addresses certain content in their games is laughably juvenile.

I've never bought a playstation console.

I despise the trends of modern gaming, including, the undeniable dumbing-down, handholding and anti-consumerism.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Oh. One more:

While my eldest kid was in school and I'm off that day, I'd borrow my kid's Nintendo GBA and play Namco's arcade classics while sitting down and taking a dump.